FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

7.0 PTR Warlock Logs

11 hours ago, Deathberry said:

Ok so here's what I found out:
On live, versus a dummy (talented into GoSac) I run ~50k dps, self buff and poped CD both times back to back for a good 5 minute stretch, but didn't pop ring.
On PTR, versus a dummy (talented into GoSup - Doomguard summoned) I run 45k dps, no CDs, and I didn't pop ring either.
On PTR, versus a dummy (talented into GoSac) I run ~65k dps, no CDs, and I didn't pop ring either.

Now, I have no idea why I thought I was doing 90k dps.. maybe I was confusing it with beta since I have the artifact weapon? But even so, it was definitely a nice dps increase from live.

I mainly spec'd 3-1-1-1-2-3-3 on beta, I chose Soul Conduit on the last tier because I liked being able to have UA up all the time and that with my 4 piece makes it easy to do. Soul Effigy might be better for boss fights and etc..., but it's too much when you're just lvling and questing.

I would like to see what your damage breakdown looks like between GoSup and GoSac, to see just how much the extra damage from GoSac totals up to over Doomguard. I'll have to do some tests myselfs. Also what is your rotation like ? Are you waiting to get 4 going on 5 shards before dumping all into UA ? or are you just trying to maintain it up whenever shards come up ? Also how come you didn't take up Writhe In Agnoy and Absolute Corruption ?

Sorry for lack of responses.  Old processor burnt up - so I dropped $1300 and massively upgraded my rig.  I5-4690 processor with the GTX 1070 card has my baby humming like a beast.  More testing coming up soon.  I have 2 finals coming up for my 2nd MBA semester, so things won't be as fast as possible, but they'll be coming.  Keep the data flowing in.  Link logs or pictures.  This is how we find what works the best so a few people don't have to test a million things!

10 hours ago, Jayros said:

I would like to see what your damage breakdown looks like between GoSup and GoSac, to see just how much the extra damage from GoSac totals up to over Doomguard. I'll have to do some tests myselfs. Also what is your rotation like ? Are you waiting to get 4 going on 5 shards before dumping all into UA ? or are you just trying to maintain it up whenever shards come up ? Also how come you didn't take up Writhe In Agnoy and Absolute Corruption ?

This is more of a "lvl up" build, mobs won't live long enough to see the benefits of Writhe in Agnoy or Absolute Corruption.

Because of the 4 piece bonus and Soul Conduit I have UA up 100%... I've played Affliction long enough that I know how important it is to have your DoTs up close to 100% of the time and this makes it easy. I'm going to go play on the dummies again with GoSac and GoSup and get exact numbers for you. I'm thinking about dropping Siphon Life for Soul Harvest because I found myself juggling DoTs and not a whole lot of time to Drain Soul, I'll test to see if the dps boost is better than another DoT.

so i finally got back into beta and copied my lock over. looking at my action bars this is pretty pathetic lol. I have my beta game and live game open so i can set everything up on beta like i have on live and it seems theres only about 5-6 things i really need on my bars lol. Im looking at all the stuff on my live toon like...ok thats gone, thats gone, they took that away (fucking shadowfury is gone!).

Gonna work with aff here to begin with as its always been my favorite spec and seems demo and aff are pretty even now. Demo was super strong on alpha and aff was super weak so this is good.

i wanted to ask something about Doom.

it deals damage only when it expires? so you shouldn't refresh it before then or it deals damage anyways?

Noam even if you refresh it will do damage after 20s I believe.  

Tooltip from wowhead:
"Inflicts impending doom upon the target, causing (500% of Spell power) Shadow damage after 20 sec."

From what I understand Doom deals damage after every 20 seconds, regardless if it has been refreshed or not. Meaning if your current Doom has 4 seconds left before it expires and you refresh it will go up to 24 seconds. And after 4 seconds pass your Doom will deal its damage because 20 seconds has elapsed. Of course this changes with however much haste you have, more haste = faster Doom ticks.

Destro ST Test:

Talents: 2/1/X/1/X/2/3      ilvl: 733

Trinkets: Upgraded WF Socketed CSP (has a stupid amount of secondary stats on PTR)/ Upgraded M Socketed DSI

Stats: 15% crit, 43% haste, 104% mastery, 4% vers

Damage Breakdown: 57.9k dps, 180 seconds

Chaos Bolt: 26.6%, Immo: 23.1%, Incin: 20.7%, Imp: 11.9%, Service Imp: 7.6%, Conflag: 7.4%, Doomguard: 2.7%

Playstyle: Hold both Conflags to cast immediately after refreshing Immo, keep summons on cooldown, make sure as many high damage sources are buffed by Eradication for as long as possible (e.g. CB immediately after summoning or refreshing 2-stack Roaring Blaze Immo), tried to hover around 3 shards (few enough to not cap, enough for at least some burst for DSI procs).

Comments: RNG swings were pretty massive, as performing the same priorities with minimal error occasionally yielded up to 8k more DPS or down to 2k lower. Guess that's just down to mastery and DSI uptime (32% on above pull, but best pull had 45% uptime). Used all haste gems/enchants.

Destro 2-Target Test:

Talents: 2/1/X/1/X/3/1

Damage Breakdown: 100k, 180 seconds

Chaos Bolt: 29.3%, Immo: 26.6%, Incin: 23.4%, Demonic Power: 11.5%, Conflag: 7.7%, Doomguard: 1.6%

Comments: Largely what you'd expect, nearly double ST damage thanks to Wreak Havoc. Slightly under double thanks to Demonic Power doing about equal overall damage 2-target to Imp/Service Imp ST. I imagine the lack of Soul Conduit probably balances out with the shards gained from having an extra Immolate ticking.

Single-Target testing was performed on Ironforge solo level 100 raid dummy, 2-Target on Alliance Garrison dummies. No pots, ring, or external buffs were used during testing.

Edited by HeadBeeGuy
  • Like 1

As I am a casual raider who wants to gear for mythic content... I will be channelling all my artefact power to one spec...

As much as I love demo it to me feels very much GCD locked even with shadow flame... 

Destro seems to be what offers the most versatility and options to deal with any raid situation. I hope it pulls through well in the final iteration after all the number balancing... 

Edited by Shubert

i finished getting all 3 weapons and have mainly been aff/demo and only dabbled with destro a little as i do, and always have hated the spec. I was really enjoying aff because it seemed to be in a lot better place than it was on alpha. Well...now im predominantly demo and it really seems aff is grossly under powered still. With demo there is a little bit of a warm up and thats something aff doesnt have as much of aside from agony getting maxed. But with demo you pop doom, fill your shards, drop felstalkers followed by HoG and then once you hit demonic empowerment (or whatever thats called) and then demonwrath, enemies literally melt. aff doesnt seem to kill shit anywhere near that fast. 

Maybe in more of a raid environment where you truly have one main target (and your effigy) then i can see it working, but for leveling via pulling big groups demo obviously takes the cake, but even soloing rares and other high hp mobs, demo is still rocking it. Ive been using the infernal for ST and AoE as the doomgaurd just seems pretty weak even for ST.

Demo ST Test:

Talents: 3/2/X/2/X/3/2       ilvl: 733

Trinkets: Upgraded H Class Trinket/ Upgraded M Socketed DSI

Stats: 13% crit, 38% haste, 58% mastery, 2% vers

Damage Breakdown: 90.6k dps, 180 seconds

Wild Imps: 23%, 4pc Hellhounds: 17.8%, Demonbolt: 15.4%, 4pc Satyrs: 9.3%, Felguard: 17.8%, Dreadstalkers: 8.0%, Doom: 4.6%, Doomguard: 3.6%, HoG: 2.4%

Playstyle: Not really much to say here...

Kept Dreadstalkers on CD, kept Doom up, HoG at 4 shards, empowered after every summon, filled with Demonbolt. When I had a free dreadstalkers proc and 4+ shards I'd HoG>Dreadstalkers>Empower since imps take a bit to spawn. I'm sure there were some times when I could have used Life Tap more thoughtfully to get more Demonbolts out with more pets up, but there are always tons of pets out w/ t18 4pc and class trinket so I doubt it would have made too much difference.

Comments: 2pc t18 works with Demonbolt now! I did several pulls to try and see what "average" uptime I could expect out of DSI and GoSyn, but they seemed to vary pretty wildly. This pull had 40.3% uptime on DSI, 66.3% on Synergy, and 54.1% on Felguard: Synergy. 

Test performed on single target lvl 100 raid dummy in Ironforge.

Same Talents/Gear, Replace GoSyn with GoSup:

Damage Breakdown: 95.6k dps, 180 seconds

Doomguard: 25.8%, 4pc Hellhounds: 22.1%, Wild Imps: 18.8%, Demonbolt: 11.7%, 4pc Satyrs: 9.2%, Dreadstalkers: 7.6%, Doom: 3.3%, HoG: 1.5%

Comments: So gained about 1 million damage from hellhounds (yay RNG), but lost about 1 million between fewer imps due to 2 fewer HoG casts thanks to fewer free dreadstalker procs (yay RNG again) and no Synergy buff for Demonbolt. Then gained about 1 million damage from doomguard over felguard after subtracting out damage lost from getting one less Doom tick and 2 less HoG casts. Basically, perma-doomguard is pretty powerful for single-target.

Edited by HeadBeeGuy
  • Like 1

Good stuff - keep it coming this weekend.  I'll be summarizing and updating my book of notes.

well i thought i was alright until i i got in a 5 man lol. finally hit 110 and i got in a 5man with a bunch of lvl 100s and 101s. i was dead last and waaaay behind no matter what spec i tried. i dunno if theres some scaling going on or the live version of skada isnt tracking correctly but it was pitiful. I leveled mostly with aff/demo and they felt fine to level with. i mean there isnt much to get wrong in demo. charge up shards>felstalkers>HoG>Empowerment>(legendary cast when its up)>demonwrath. I dont get it but if this is how it is im really not liking it. 

so when am i supposed to spam SB/DB and when am i supposed to spam demonwrath?

and on that topic, how am i supposed to blow shards as aff with ua? do i cast ua when i have a shard or do i save up 5 and stack em for max damage?

Edited by vaeevictiss

2 hours ago, vaeevictiss said:

so when am i supposed to spam SB/DB and when am i supposed to spam demonwrath?

and on that topic, how am i supposed to blow shards as aff with ua? do i cast ua when i have a shard or do i save up 5 and stack em for max damage?

SB/DB will be your filler moves and main shard gainers. Only time you should spam Demonwrath is on the move since you can cast and move with that ability, and possible AoE. Demonwrath will not be your main filler move.

As for UA there will probably be two ways to play, save shards to four and time it just right as the fifth shard is coming, and Spam UA, or you're going to maintain UA up as much as possible. FInalboss explains how the new UA works pretty good. 

Not sure if it's been said yet but on the PTR the 2 piece tier 18 effect now works with doombolt. The buff you get is called Demon Rush and stacks to 10 like it's supposed to

ok so im starting to get a hang of demo and aff a lil better. Demo is actually pretty impressive. Aff is kinda boring but the ST dps seems pretty similar unless you are stacking the hell out of UA then Aff pulls some really nice numbers. Ive broken 100k on a rare after a 5 stack of ua and popping everything else. 

That being said its still not fantastic. Its no frost mage thats for sure. Frost mage is incredibly fun to play and things die extremely fast.

i gotta say, im legit impressed with what blizz did with our demons in terms of their character and awaredness. The skull literally knows what you are doing and will comment on where you are and what npcs are there or the history of a place. If i summon my eye of kilrogg hes like "only one eye?!" then says something about having no depth perception.

Then, i was running through Val'sharah and my felgaurd said "why are we wasting time walking through this forest", then he and my skull started heckling each other lol.

• Like 1

Demo is absolutely broken right now.  I did 125k DPS on Kazzak without the fel buff or a rune of power.  Just straight DPS dummy for 2:15.  4pc is bugged, Demonbolt remains uncapped, and with the class trinket and Chipped Soul Prism, damage is insane.  I'm sure this is bugged and temporary, but if you raid tonight, go Demonology.

57 minutes ago, Zagam said:

Demo is absolutely broken right now.  I did 125k DPS on Kazzak without the fel buff or a rune of power.  Just straight DPS dummy for 2:15.  4pc is bugged, Demonbolt remains uncapped, and with the class trinket and Chipped Soul Prism, damage is insane.  I'm sure this is bugged and temporary, but if you raid tonight, go Demonology.

I do not think I am getting the concept of it yet. I was only hitting 70k on reaver in lfr.

3 hours ago, Zagam said:

I am just crushing every fight.  Tonight was glorious.

Same. Pulled about 120k on a 3-minute H Fel Lord kill with some less-than-stellar players so there was a bit more movement than I would have liked, but hey. Feels good to top the meters by a wide margin.