FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

7.0 PTR Warlock Logs

Rofl, Zags picture above is awesome. Takes me back to the days of raiding black temple...cept there would be an even bigger gap between first and second.

On 6/25/2016 at 4:26 PM, Jayros said:

I believe everyone's DPS is lower in PTR then it is on Live right now, tuning is still happening, plus Demonbolt doesn't even work with our 2 set at the moment. The wonky feeling of the rotation will go away with time playing and probably with your artifact weapon and talents in it. It definitely does not feel like a very brusty spec. I'm also wonder if the Wild Imps damage from Improved Dreadstalkers talent count toward Wild Imps from HoG or to Dreadstalkers. It also seems that in situations where you are about to get 4 shards and your Dreadstalkers are coming off cooldown to prioritize HoG for Imps over Dreadstalkers. And to answer your question about Demonic Empowerment after each summons, I do it. Buffs your new and current demons and its a free SB/DB to get a quick shard. 

Would love to see what others think.

nvm, didn't notice the post date

Edited by Scathbais
delete pls

Raided this weekend and for the first time i felt like i was doing something on xhul lol. I used to be near the bottom on DPS for him but this weekend i was 1st with a big gap. Ended around 126k but i think i spiked to about 180-190k at one point. It was awesome!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BcDvLmt36JkFNpY4#fight=15&type=damage-done&source=17

that 600k+ seems really unlikely...weird 

Edited by vaeevictiss

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1rYtdbWBgZHj6v9h#fight=43&type=auras&source=22

Grimoire of Synergy is REALLY good.  Feel free to go through logs and inspect.  We did Manno - Archi - HFA - Fel Reaver, and then I did some napkin math and swapped to Synergy.  Was more than pleased.  Kormrok forward, I used Synergy.  80% uptime makes your Felguard a MONSTER.

so are todays changes an overall nerf or buff? (besides the 2nd one).

• Incinerate damage increased to 190% of Spell Power (was 170%).
  • Immolate no longer has a chance to generate a shard on its direct damage.
  • Roaring Blaze now increases Immolate damage by 25% (was 50%).

and one other question in relation to your above post Zag, will destro still be the go to spec for legion or is demo getting better? 

Edited by vaeevictiss

Prepare all three specs.  You can get all 3 artifact weapons to two gold traits before you make any reasonable headway towards a third gold trait on any one artifact.  Be prepared for all types of fights.

10 hours ago, vaeevictiss said:

so are todays changes an overall nerf or buff? (besides the 2nd one).

• Incinerate damage increased to 190% of Spell Power (was 170%).
  • Immolate no longer has a chance to generate a shard on its direct damage.
  • Roaring Blaze now increases Immolate damage by 25% (was 50%).

Definitely a nerf. Small buff to one of our smallest damage sources doesn't make up for a quite large nerf to our #1-2 damage source.

15 hours ago, Zagam said:

Prepare all three specs.  You can get all 3 artifact weapons to two gold traits before you make any reasonable headway towards a third gold trait on any one artifact.  Be prepared for all types of fights.

ugh, just was i was afraid of. I remember seeing you recently post you were gonna stick to destro and level that weapon up so i was hoping we would be able to stick to one weapon to get it good but looks like we have to deal with gimped specs and gimped weapons on top of it. Fuck this class already. i saw that yesterday like really?! warlocks really needed another nerf?! Its like the class team doesnt even care anymore.

Just so pissed off most other classes can just stick to one weapon and spec and be strong and were stuck having to juggle all 3 with all 3 being sub-par to other classes.

This may push me to main my demon hunter as its been my plan since alpha seeing the sate state of affairs for locks. I just so so so love the warlock class and have been playing it since vanilla. I want nothing more than to be viable, but at this point im hurting my guild maining a lock who brings absolutely nothing but summons and healthstones :( there is literally no reason to take me over a mage or shadow priest.

Afterthought: would backdraft be a better choice now? I mean they killed RBs effect on immolate but maybe if we can squeeze in more of the spell they DID buff would it help?

Edited by vaeevictiss

Destro isn't terrible. Most recent sims I've seen: 2dbe9cf72a566027153a6928c23eb6f1.png

Not all spec APLs are implemented yet, but the only ranged specs better than destro for ST so far are S2M spriest and fire mage (which is obviously due for a good nerfing).

If I had to guess, demo's probably going to come out ahead of destro ST. No idea where arcane mage stands.

The point though is that if you play warlock better than your friend plays X class, you'll probably be fine.

I would not trust those sims at all if I were you.  Without seeing the talent setup, artifact talents, and APL, there is no way to say that the sim is accurate at all, as everything is still in flux, both in regards to APLs being finalized and bugs in SimC being ironed out.

3 hours ago, Orthios said:

I would not trust those sims at all if I were you.  Without seeing the talent setup, artifact talents, and APL, there is no way to say that the sim is accurate at all, as everything is still in flux, both in regards to APLs being finalized and bugs in SimC being ironed out.

Well yeah, of course. What I was trying to get at was if you see destro near the top for casters, you can reasonably assume it's doing okay right now (at the very least not bottom of the barrel like some of the doomsayers would have people believe).

But yeah, don't take them for gospel. Mostly just trying to set peoples' minds at ease.

My apologies, I suppose I should have been more clear when I posted that.

Edited by HeadBeeGuy

So speaking on the warlock specs.. legion isnt to far away, and im torn on what spec im really going to focus on.. what is everyone else leaning towards?