FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Isoniel

Help with reforing Control/haste spec

Hello,

I'm fairly new here on the forum.

Just finished ToT LFR, and some people were bitching about my spec.

I quit about 3 months ago, and started playing this week. So i looked up about the haste spec for ToT and it seems viable. But i dont know where i should begin.. Anyone could help me abit?

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/sylvanas/isoni%C3%A9l

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Isoni%C3%A9l/simple

Thanks in advance,

Regards Patrick

Your reforges look good. I would switch your glyph of Harsh Words to Glyph of Battle Healer and make sure you are using Seal of Insight.

Begin: http://icy-veins.com/protection-paladin-wow-pve-tank-guide

If you want something to help you with the basic rotation try an addon like CLCProt. I have priority strings listed here: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/1856-clcprot/

Please write back if you need any further direction or post some logs if you need specific help.

Hope that helps and welcome back Posted Image

Thanks for your fast reply :), i will try CLCProt. What about the haste build? Do you have any exp with it? Would it be viable?

Cheers

Yes to control/haste build! You'll love it. You will generate a ton of Holy power. You may want to get Weak Auras to help you track Sacred Shield refresh values (SS is part of the key to haste build) http://www.sacredduty.net/2013/03/08/patch-5-2-weakauras-configurations/ Theck has a great weak auras string that I recommend. You can customize it as you need.

Hey :), thanks for the reply again! Just wondering how to reforge to haste, and wich items? I used Ask Mr robot, but the haste i gain is just minimal.. Should i just reforge everything to haste?

With the current gear you have it's gonna be difficult to get much haste yet (but there is no reason not to start the switch over). You are mainly going to want to roll on dps plate gear (just don't grab gear with crit on it unless it's a big jump in ilvl) Prioritize picking up Hit/Expertise/Haste Gear. As far as maxxing what you have now, on AskMrRobot.com - Under the gearing strategy, select PvE: Control/Haste. Then, click edit weights just to the right of that box. Finally, under the stamina setting, select Medium.

You can change the stamina setting to what fits your raids needs best. Some healers prefer more stamina and in the end Stamina is the king of allowing you to take big hits and survive. Some healers don't want you to be a mana sponge. So just consult with your healers and adjust to their preferences. If you are just running LFR/Dungeons then go with the Medium setting.

Currently you have a ton of dodge/parry gear once you replace that with some dps pieces you will start to see a difference.

I'm a 506 prot pally. I've been running control/haste since about 490ish. I've been using windsong enchant for past couple weeks hoping that the haste pro and mastery proc would be better for me. Last night on our first kill for meg I noticed in the logs afterward that I only had 11 procs of the haste and 2 procs of the master with 4 procs of the not so helpful crit. Does windsong beat colossus? Also, how important is 1.5% haste? With trinkets I'm using currently I have 17.68% haste, but if I switch out the lfr jin kun's rising wind trinket for the vp dodge on use trinket I get more ap a little more health and the 1.5% in haste I loose I pick up in master, plus I would have a dodge on use to add back to my rotation. Just wondering if the lost haste is made up for in the gains. Thanks for you time. http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/bloodhoof/mcbree

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/borean-tundra/Darkkonan/advanced

Also control/haste build, using Medium Stamina from the Edit Weights options. I've been using the Dancing Steel weapon enchant because in my opinion it offers better defense than Colossus. The strength that procs transfers pretty closely to 1:1 parry, and some of the hits that can be parried in Throne are a lot larger than the bubble from Colossus...per minute. Could be my imagination, but the multiple parries from trash pulls make it well worth while.

I've been looking more into the trinks and what the frequency of RPPM are, but personally once I feel comfortable with my health pool, I am putting everything into haste, including face value trinks. The up-time of SoR seems to out-weigh any mitigation stats so far. This build does take a little more button pushing, but the alternative has been pretty boring. Also, having a Stam trink in the bag for a particular boss never hurts, as I've noticed based on advice from Vladamyr on an earlier post.

I recently went through the same thing, and it seems clunky at first. But as the haste gear picks up you will start noticing a huge difference... and the background music you listen to while raiding will start to have a faster beat. Feels awesome.

Does Windsong beat Colossus? Go with Colossus or Dancing Steel! Posted Image

Were you saying switch out Ji-Kun's Rising Winds for Steadfast Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault? I'm not a big fan of that personally. I would rather trade out your Lao-Chin's Liquid Courage trinket on fights where you need more physical mitigation. And instead of Steadfast Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault you might consider Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault.

That trinket allows you to move some other stats around to haste without losing out on expertise.Posted Image

My choices would be: Ji-Kun's Rising Winds & Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault. Keep Lao-Chin's Liquid Courage in the bag to switch out for high magic damage fights.

Yeah Mcbree, Dancing Steel is always the way to go. The colossus bubble is so negligible that you shouldn't even bother. Dancing Steel has no ICD, adds parry chance when it procs and adds DPS to help your raid kill bosses faster. As far as the shado pan assault str trinket, the #1 10m prot pal in the world still uses it, should be an indicator of its value.