Damien

Balance Druid 7.3

233 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Balance Druid guide for Legion.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Builds and Talents, the guide recommends not taking blessing of the ancients, because despite being very strong, it has no synergy with fury of elune, which you are unlikely to skip. Guide moves on to tell you to skip fury of elune because it's suboptimal at level 100. It's like the guide can't decide if it's for prepatch or Legion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Rotation page guide skips Stellar Flare, even though on Talents page, it recommends using it over Incarnation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So apparently Cyous is saying he never reviewed anything for you. 

Quote

For the record, I have not reviewed anything for Icy-Veins for Legion content.

But I can say that some of their info is incorrect at this time. Stellar Flare seems absent from the guide as well, even though it's our best available talent for lvl100.

Whats the deal with labeling him in the opening?

Also there are some inconsistencies in the guide overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Guest Justsayin said:

In Builds and Talents, the guide recommends not taking blessing of the ancients, because despite being very strong, it has no synergy with fury of elune, which you are unlikely to skip. Guide moves on to tell you to skip fury of elune because it's suboptimal at level 100. It's like the guide can't decide if it's for prepatch or Legion.

There was a bit of a mix-up there between Gapezilla and I. Indeed, Fury of Elune is suboptimal at 100 and shouldn't be used, and neither should Astral Communion due to this fact. Blessing of the Ancients is the recommended choice there, and the guide should now be fixed in this respect.

4 hours ago, Guest Atraac said:

On Rotation page guide skips Stellar Flare, even though on Talents page, it recommends using it over Incarnation.

This was an oversight on our part, the issue should now be addressed.

1 hour ago, Guest Kylis said:

So apparently Cyous is saying he never reviewed anything for you. 

Whats the deal with labeling him in the opening?

Also there are some inconsistencies in the guide overall.

Regarding Cyous, I must apologize. There is a miscommunication to blame and I can absolutely confirm he did not review this version of the guide. As for the inconsistencies (other than the 2 mentioned above), I would love to know what they are so I can fix the issues.

 

I want to thank all of you for your prompt comments. It is much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused by the single target rotation as the current information regarding the rotation and empowerments seems contradictory:

 

  • Use Solar Wrath Icon Solar Wrath to generate Astral Power.
    • If there is more than 1 target present, use Lunar Strike Icon Lunar Strike instead.

 

 

If Lunar Empowerment and Solar Empowerment should never be capped, does this mean Lunar Strike should be cast to use the Lunar Empowerment even if there is only 1 target?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Guest Vernal Lion said:

I'm confused by the single target rotation as the current information regarding the rotation and empowerments seems contradictory:

 

  • Use Solar Wrath Icon Solar Wrath to generate Astral Power.
    • If there is more than 1 target present, use Lunar Strike Icon Lunar Strike instead.

 

 

If Lunar Empowerment and Solar Empowerment should never be capped, does this mean Lunar Strike should be cast to use the Lunar Empowerment even if there is only 1 target?  

That is correct. An empowered Lunar Strike is more DPET than an unempowered Wrath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no specific problem with capping Empowerments at 3, other than possibly capping Astral Power, but do not use Starsurge if you have 3 stacks of either Empowerment or you will overwrite. I'm sure there will be some question about whether to save up Empowerments before using your cooldowns; I'll have to test it out, but my inclination is, the cooldown lasts long enough that delaying usage in the opener will cause more harm than good. For sure, if you are coming up to the second usage, save your Empowerment stacks before CA/Inc is available.

Edited by Tarazet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The build suggestion is just flat out wrong.

Stellar Flare may "look" good on paper regarding the math but it DOES NOT EVEN COME CLOSE to performing near Incarnation or Soul of the Forest - I know a certain math want-a-be will try hard to shoot this fact down but live logs don't lie. 

Furthermore, Astral Communion is far better at allowing your rotation to have some flexibility when it comes to burst phases (i.e. pull, ring, lust).  While it doesn't generate as much resource as Blessing of the Ancients, this flexibility is a MUST - again refer to live logs.  Resource generation is NOT a problem anyways. Shooting Stars provides the most resource generation at 3+ mobs (2 if there is any movement mechanics at all) but again - no flexibility when it comes to burst.  These are things that paper math just can't account for.

Again, while on paper Nature's Balance "looks" like a dps increase - it simply isn't ESPECIALLY if you have the class trinket as the build suggests.  20% increase to Starfall simply IS a DPS increase as Starfall does an incredible amount of damage now.  Even with Nature's Balance, we'll have to refresh our dot's especially when considering any and all mechanics that will prevent us from just standing there casting as the "math" would suggest we'll be able to do. Lastly, the fights currently do not last long enough for Nature's Balance to make up the difference.

In Legion, Stellar Flare may be a viable option at the cost of Starsurge and instead hard casting Starfall.  While Moonkin is competitive and the play has been improved, we will unfortunately rely once again on tier bonus sets or that one awesome trinket / legendary to reduce the cost or perhaps even make starfall or starsurge free to cast (case in point - WoD class trinket is BiS right up until we hit 110 and it no longer works).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Tarazet said:

There is no specific problem with capping Empowerments at 3, other than possibly capping Astral Power, but do not use Starsurge if you have 3 stacks of either Empowerment or you will overwrite. I'm sure there will be some question about whether to save up Empowerments before using your cooldowns; I'll have to test it out, but my inclination is, the cooldown lasts long enough that delaying usage in the opener will cause more harm than good. For sure, if you are coming up to the second usage, save your Empowerment stacks before CA/Inc is available.

The guide is meant to say not to overwrite the Empowerments, not cap them. Clearly, a mistake. I'll fix it right now. Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why  is crit more prioritized than Mastery ?

 Mastery = stronger empowerment for spells after casting SS  + boost for DoTs ( via stronger stellar empowerment ) so if u have class trinket and a bit of luck u have almost perma stellar empowerment on target (s). + with haste u will have enough astral power so spells u cast will be empowered most of the time.

This looks more powerful  or am i missing something about crit  ? :)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems to me that there are three damage profiles that synergistic talents build into. Only the level 15, 75, 90 & 100 talents affect it, so I'll only mention them.

Full disclosure, I'm low skilled, geared & experienced. If I'm missing some basic understanding of the game, apologies.

1.  Single target burst : Warrior of Elune, Incarnation, Astral Communication and Fury of Elune.

These skills synergise by; dealing high burst damage with a high resource cost (Fury); buffing burst damage (Incarn.); and quickly generating resources (Warrior & Astral).

A typical rotation would open with applying both dots, and then begin generating astral power using wrath. Once you reach full astral power begin your burst - pop incarnation, cast fury, and then maintain at least 12 astral power using warrior of elune and astral comm - also using lunar/wrath when possible. After the burst, go back to generating astral power. I don't know if it may be more beneficial to stall casting fury again until innacarnation is back up, and build up lunar empowerment charges as you burn excess astral power with starsurge (solely using wrath as the generator). Or you could just use fury again when warrior comes off cd, without incarnation. 

I think this build would benefit most from Crit & Haste.

2. Sustained single target damage with a small area of effect (target + 2-3 close proximity adds): Starlord, Soul of the Forest/Stellar Flare, BotA, and Natures Balance.

These skills synergise by increasing the frequency starsurge can be used, and the potency of it's procs. It also allows you to almost passively maintain your dots on 2-3 targets.

To open you would being by applying moonfire to any mobs in close proximity to your main target, and then applying starfire and monfire to the main target. You then begin building astral power with lunar strike, this refreshes the moonfire dot on all close proximity targets, and cast recast startfire as needed to maintain the dot on all close proximity targets. Stack astral power and when it's full pop celestial alignment and spend your astral power using starsurge to burst the main target. You should be able to get off 3-4 starsurges during CE due to starlord.

Less burst than the previous build, but decent sustained AoE and single target damage (in an 5 yard radius).

3. High AoE DoT: Starlord, Stellar flare, Shooting stars, Stellar drift.

Havent actually tried this out - sorry. Your DoTs are buffed by starfall, your starfall is buffed by stellar drift, and the AP your DoTs generate is buffed by Shooting stars allowing more casts of starfall. 

DoT eveything, starfall when you can, maintain dots, and spam generators in between (while moving around.... wew). You could make the argument for using astral communion (+75 AP) instead of starlord, as casting starfall over starsurge will limit it's effectiveness, and raw AP might be better in low density situations.

I guess you'd go haste & crit....

 

Like I said, I'm super low, but it seems to me like there wasn't much thought put into any builds which don't have the trinket...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 21, 2016 at 11:04 PM, Guest noob11111 said:

It seems to me that there are three damage profiles that synergistic talents build into. Only the level 15, 75, 90 & 100 talents affect it, so I'll only mention them.

Full disclosure, I'm low skilled, geared & experienced. If I'm missing some basic understanding of the game, apologies.

1.  Single target burst : Warrior of Elune, Incarnation, Astral Communication and Fury of Elune.

These skills synergise by; dealing high burst damage with a high resource cost (Fury); buffing burst damage (Incarn.); and quickly generating resources (Warrior & Astral).

A typical rotation would open with applying both dots, and then begin generating astral power using wrath. Once you reach full astral power begin your burst - pop incarnation, cast fury, and then maintain at least 12 astral power using warrior of elune and astral comm - also using lunar/wrath when possible. After the burst, go back to generating astral power. I don't know if it may be more beneficial to stall casting fury again until innacarnation is back up, and build up lunar empowerment charges as you burn excess astral power with starsurge (solely using wrath as the generator). Or you could just use fury again when warrior comes off cd, without incarnation. 

I think this build would benefit most from Crit & Haste.

2. Sustained single target damage with a small area of effect (target + 2-3 close proximity adds): Starlord, Soul of the Forest/Stellar Flare, BotA, and Natures Balance.

These skills synergise by increasing the frequency starsurge can be used, and the potency of it's procs. It also allows you to almost passively maintain your dots on 2-3 targets.

To open you would being by applying moonfire to any mobs in close proximity to your main target, and then applying starfire and monfire to the main target. You then begin building astral power with lunar strike, this refreshes the moonfire dot on all close proximity targets, and cast recast startfire as needed to maintain the dot on all close proximity targets. Stack astral power and when it's full pop celestial alignment and spend your astral power using starsurge to burst the main target. You should be able to get off 3-4 starsurges during CE due to starlord.

Less burst than the previous build, but decent sustained AoE and single target damage (in an 5 yard radius).

3. High AoE DoT: Starlord, Stellar flare, Shooting stars, Stellar drift.

Havent actually tried this out - sorry. Your DoTs are buffed by starfall, your starfall is buffed by stellar drift, and the AP your DoTs generate is buffed by Shooting stars allowing more casts of starfall. 

DoT eveything, starfall when you can, maintain dots, and spam generators in between (while moving around.... wew). You could make the argument for using astral communion (+75 AP) instead of starlord, as casting starfall over starsurge will limit it's effectiveness, and raw AP might be better in low density situations.

I guess you'd go haste & crit....

Like I said, I'm super low, but it seems to me like there wasn't much thought put into any builds which don't have the trinket...

Hello. Thank you for your post. I'll attempt to explain why we went with the build we have.

1. The problem with this idea revolves entirely around the legendary ring. Unless you've found a way to convince your entire guild/raid group to delay their ring so you can build up some AP to get a good FoE off, you're going to see very poor results with this. At 110 we'll see a lot more use of Fury thanks to increased AP generation from the artifact and not having to play around the shenanigans of the current legendary ring, but for now this build is suboptimal at best and straight up terrible at worst.

2. "almost passively" maintaining DoTs on more than 1 target via Nature's Balance isn't possible. Between casting Starsurge and Stellar Flare, your DoTs will run out very quickly if you aren't tunneling into a single target. It may be possible on 2 targets if you aren't using Stellar Flare, but for this patch that would just be suboptimal.
That's also not how to use Celestial Alignment. Not only do you run into the problem noted in point 1 regarding the legendary ring, you want to be CAing on the opener regardless in order to generate AP faster and get starsurges out to hopefully proc Seed of Creation's starfall. If you get unlucky (or play incorrectly) and fail to proc a starfall during the ring, your opener will be bad, plain and simple.

3. This is closer to the best build on this patch, but Shooting Stars will not provide better AP generation than BotA below 3 consistent targets. Regarding the playstyle/rotation, this is also something you'll possibly see at 110, but is completely inefficient at 100 due to Seed. You basically never want to manually cast Starfall on this patch. As for AC over starlord, there is absolutely no argument there, you would never do that for this kind of build.


The simple truth is if you don't have a Seed of Creation on this patch, boomkin is a bad class. With it and the right talents, we are one of the stronger classes, top 3 maybe. You must do everything you can to get ahold of this trinket if you want to do competitive dps on this patch, as it is the class's only saving grace in a world without artifacts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 20, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Guest Oloo said:

The build suggestion is just flat out wrong.

Stellar Flare may "look" good on paper regarding the math but it DOES NOT EVEN COME CLOSE to performing near Incarnation or Soul of the Forest - I know a certain math want-a-be will try hard to shoot this fact down but live logs don't lie. 

Furthermore, Astral Communion is far better at allowing your rotation to have some flexibility when it comes to burst phases (i.e. pull, ring, lust).  While it doesn't generate as much resource as Blessing of the Ancients, this flexibility is a MUST - again refer to live logs.  Resource generation is NOT a problem anyways. Shooting Stars provides the most resource generation at 3+ mobs (2 if there is any movement mechanics at all) but again - no flexibility when it comes to burst.  These are things that paper math just can't account for.

Again, while on paper Nature's Balance "looks" like a dps increase - it simply isn't ESPECIALLY if you have the class trinket as the build suggests.  20% increase to Starfall simply IS a DPS increase as Starfall does an incredible amount of damage now.  Even with Nature's Balance, we'll have to refresh our dot's especially when considering any and all mechanics that will prevent us from just standing there casting as the "math" would suggest we'll be able to do. Lastly, the fights currently do not last long enough for Nature's Balance to make up the difference.

In Legion, Stellar Flare may be a viable option at the cost of Starsurge and instead hard casting Starfall.  While Moonkin is competitive and the play has been improved, we will unfortunately rely once again on tier bonus sets or that one awesome trinket / legendary to reduce the cost or perhaps even make starfall or starsurge free to cast (case in point - WoD class trinket is BiS right up until we hit 110 and it no longer works).

 

 

I'm sorry, but Stellar Flare is definitely the talent to use right now. Check basically any top boomkin on warcraftlogs and you will see. It's not about what it looks like on paper, it's about actual performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 11:39 PM, Vlad said:

I'm sorry, but Stellar Flare is definitely the talent to use right now. Check basically any top boomkin on warcraftlogs and you will see. It's not about what it looks like on paper, it's about actual performance.

Assault, top 2 didn't use it.  3rd used it and it did a whopping 612k total damage and he cast it 5 times - in other words he wasted that tier talent option.

Iron Reave - top 3 didn't use it.

Komrok - top 2 didn't use it. 3rd used it, cast it once and it did 443k total damage. Compared to his guild mate (who was first) he was only able to cast 3 starsurges which in turn means less empowered solar wraths and lunar strikes - again - wasted tier talent for damage that was done entirely on the burst opener.

Council - top 3 didn't use it.

Kilrogg - top 1 didn't use it. 2nd and 3rd used it to good effect with buff.

Iskar - top 3 didn't use it.

Zakuun - top 3 didn't use it.

Xhul - top 1 and 3rd didn't use it. 2nd did use it to good effect.

Soc - top 3 didn't use it

Tyrant - top 2 used it with great effect. 3rd didn't use it

Manny - top 3 used it good effect

Archi - top 1 didn't use it. 2nd and 3rd used it to good effect.

You are wrong - Stellar Flare is definitely NOT "the talent" to use right now. You check top moonkins on warcraftlogs next time instead of making me do it. 

Further, the only reason they are picking Blessing of the Ancients is because you can maintain 100% energy by swapping in and out of Bear before a pull (most likely soon to be fixed).  Many of the fights at this moment don't last long enough to over come Celestial Alignment - for example on one fight a top moonkin cast 6 Stellar Strike and 10 Solar Wraths which generates an extra 44 astral power.  That's it.  Compared to 75 for Celestial Alignment.....  So the only benefit was to bug the astral power drain before the fight.

On a side note - not on a single log does the author use Nature's Balance - not even on those "single target" fights where the math looks better on paper and thus in this guide.  Which means you and I both agree that it's about actual performance verses paper math.  Nature's Balance, as of right now, is a DPS loss - and quite a large one at that.  BURST is and probably will always be king on the majority of all encounters.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh boy where to begin..

If you're wondering about my logs from last week, you might notice a healthy chunk of the bosses are missing. There were some shenanigans some players did to kill bosses quickly that got our logs deleted...oops. This was also at the beginning of the week before the instance got nerfed another two times (for reference, the health debuff is now 50% and the dmg debuff 40%).

Some clarification: I'm the reviewer, not author, but I do have some changes planned for the recommended talents after having done HFC again this week with the latest round of nerfs.

To quickly go over some of the specific points you made:

Obviously you won't take Stellar Flare on assault. I've been very vocal about how I feel about assault as a "boss". You could decide to unskill all your talents on that boss and jack off in the corner, it wouldn't really matter. it's an extended trash pull and nothing more- an extraordinary waste of time at the beginning of each raid week. 

Xhul, Kumrock, Socrethar, Iron reaver and Fel lord: If your guild is killing them in 30s-1m, take Incarn over Stellar Flare, yes. If the kill time is longer, flare is king. There is no debate, it does more damage the longer the fight is. This becomes increasingly more apparent as you get to the 2m+ range. Especially on Xhul

Kilrogg: Ranking on this fight is a cheesy joke and has been since the instance was released. If your kill time is long enough to even reach the downstairs phase, yes taking Incarn for the extra burst when you come up with the 20 stack buff will do more than Flare.

Iskar: Incarn is best here, its a heavy aoe fight. That's in the guide.

Gorefiend: Incarn is best here, there is heavy aoe and a burst phase. That's in the guide.

 

Something I'd like you to realize however, is that most guilds will not be killing bosses in 30 seconds like you see at the very top end of warcraftlogs. Icy veins boomkin guide is and will continue to be a guide aimed at progression raiders of all levels; a good starting point for learning (or relearning in the case of Legion pre-patch) the class as you move into your preferred level of content. To my knowledge this is where all of the guides on this website are aimed at. As I am in a high end guild with some absolutely breakneck kill-times, you will often see me using different talents than what I would recommend for someone killing the bosses two, three, four, fives times slower than what my guild is capable of.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When choosing gear for my Balance druid, I rely heavily on this page for guidance. But I'm finding it difficult to decide where the line between the different stats lie and was wondering if anyone has been using simulations to find the precise weights for an addon like Pawn? 
I found them for my BM hunter here on icy-veins (calculated with Simulation Craft  by @Azortharion who wrote the guide) but have so far not had any luck unearthing any for a balance druid. I found some on noxxic (http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/druid/balance/stat-priority) but I'm still not convinced those are correct as it once recommended me drop 2 INT for 3 CRIT. 

Any advice out there? Perhaps inserting links to Pawn weights if there are any?
 

Edited by dracuella

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blizzard Logo

Balance

  • Blessing of Elune now increases Astral Power generation by 25% (was 40%).
  • Blessing of An'she now grants 2 Astral Power every 3 seconds (was 2 Astral Power every 2.5 seconds).
  • Lunar Strike now generates 12 Astral Power (was 10).
  • Mastery: Starlight bonus has been increased to 2%/point (was 1.75%).
  • Moonfire and Sunfire DoT damage has been decreased to 50% per tick (was 55%).
  • Shooting Stars gives 4 Astral Power (was 5).
  • Solar Wrath now generates 8 Astral Power (was 6).
  • Developer's Note: We shifted some Astral Power generation from the level 90 talent row into the baseline spec. This both improves gameplay sub level 90 and reduces reliance on these talents at max level.

Baseline Astral Power generation up slightly, with a talented AP generation drop to compensate.  Fewer Wraths to get capped?  Fine with me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

1. Basics

The stat priority for a Balance Druid is as follows.

Haste;

Intellect;

Critical Strike >= Versatility;

Mastery.


 

 

Surely you mean 

 

Int

Haste

Crit>=Versatility

Mastery?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello. First of all I want to apologize for what may seem to some of you as a noob question, but to be honest I'm at a complete loss as where to find one particular artefact weapon trait. Meaning the Falling Star. Please, if anyone knows where or how to get it, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Dan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guest Dan said:

Hello. First of all I want to apologize for what may seem to some of you as a noob question, but to be honest I'm at a complete loss as where to find one particular artefact weapon trait. Meaning the Falling Star. Please, if anyone knows where or how to get it, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Dan

 

I am not sure what you mean by "where to find it". It's in your artifact weapon trait tree (top left). When you unlock the traits leading up to it and have enough Artifact Power, you'll be able to choose it. It's not a drop or anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Guest Elnaturale said:

 

Surely you mean 

 

Int

Haste

Crit>=Versatility

Mastery?

 

That is not a mistake, Haste above Intellect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vlad said:

I am not sure what you mean by "where to find it". It's in your artifact weapon trait tree (top left). When you unlock the traits leading up to it and have enough Artifact Power, you'll be able to choose it. It's not a drop or anything.

Hello, I'm sorry for the missunderstanding. What I meant was where to find the unlock, as for example the trait Scythe of the Stars which I got as a questreward during a certain questline. Once again thank you so far for your help and thank you in advance for any other guidance.

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Stan

      We have a list of all Azerite traits that have been added to the game so far.
      We've datamined 198 Azerite traits so far and the list has been updated for Alpha Build 26433. Some Azerite traits are placeholders and values may be slightly off.
      Class-Specific Azerite Traits
      Death Knight
      Dark Grudge Decimate Scourge the Unbeliever Deep Cuts Icy Citadel Festering Doom Bone Spike Graveyard Latent Chill Horrid Expulsion Marrowblood Demon Hunter
      Seething Chaos Gaping Maw Devour Revel in Pain Furious Gaze Infernal Armor Druid
      Twisted Claw Long Night Rejuvenating Breath Bloodline Primordial Rage Heartblood Fungal Essence Streaking Stars Raking Ferocity Masterful Instincts Coordinated Restoration Power of the Moon Hunter
      Aspect of the Cheetah Arrowstorm Ride the Lightning Vigorous Wings Rotting Jaws In The Rhythm Whirling Rebound Seize the Initiative Raking Talons Flashing Fangs Serrated Jaws Wildfire Cluster Haze of Rage Arcane Flurry Latent Poison Mage
      Blast Radius Ignition Point Packed Ice Arcane Pummeling Arcane Annihilation Flames of Alacrity Packed Ice Brain Storm Preheat Winter's Reach Monk
      Swift Roundhouse Fit to Burst Invigorating Brew Boiling Brew Iron Fists Sunrise Technique Overflowing Mists Staggering Strikes Paladin
      Zealotry Divine Illumination Righteous Bastion Avenger's Might Bulwark of Light Martyr's Breath Inspiring Beacon Rejuvenating Grace Fortifying Auras Critical Flash King's Shield Righteous Flames Healing Hammer Strong Light Searing Blades Healthy Judgment Deferred Sentence Furious Wrath Expurgation Warmth of the Light Dauntless Divinity Priest
      Bindings of Fate Torment of Torments Pillar of Light Moment of Repose Permeating Glow Searing Dialogue Weal and Woe Blessed Sanctuary Thought Harvester Rogue
      Contaminant Subtle Blade Swashbuckler Sharpened Blades Deadshot Double Dose Night's Vengeance Storm of Steel Twist the Knife Shaman
      Astral Shift Storm's Eye Lightningburn Ancestral Reach Flames of the Forefathers Electropotence Embrace of the Tides Healing Way Overloaded Striker's Grace Volcanic Lightning Primal Primer Soothing Waters Lava Shock Strength of Earth Ebb and Flow Warlock
      Suffer Unshackled Fel Meteoric Flare Wracking Brilliance Shadow's Bite Heavy Rain Erratic Omen Inevitable Demise Umbral Blaze Warrior
      Bloodcraze Heavy-Handed Battering Ram Deafening Crash Trample the Weak Executioner's Precision Gathering Storm Bloodcraze Sword and Board Generic Azerite Traits
      Increase Versatility 15 Haste Increased Intellect 46 Strength Agility 20 Item - Proc Mastery Netherlight Fortification Test Spell - Anders Test Power 6 Azerite Empowered Longstrider Resounding Protection Blood Siphon Woundbinder Lifespeed Elemental Whirl Heed My Call Fury of the Sands Overwhelming Power Gutripper On My Way Mote in the Eye Embrace of the Sands Portal: Dalaran - Broken Isles Savior Winds of War Vampiric Speed Test Azerite Power Champion of Azeroth Impassive Visage Bulwark of the Masses Gemhide Azerite Fortification Self Reliance Azerite Veins Uncertainty Uncertainty Uncertainty Uncertainty Crystalline Carapace Ablative Shielding Strength in Numbers Upwelling Synergistic Growth Concentrated Mending Bracing Chill Ephemeral Recovery Weeping Aura Ruinous Bolt Rezan's Fury Rezan's Command Meticulous Scheming Blightborne Infusion Filthy Transfusion Secrets of the Deep Sandstorm Glacial Contagion
    • By Stan

      Muffinus outlined changes coming to Island Expeditions in a new Alpha Build later today.
      A tutorial quest for Island Expeditions will be available at level 115. It must be completed to unlock Expeditions. The unlock is account-wide. Two new Islands will open up for testing: Molten Cay and Dread Chain. New creatures have been added to Islands. You can find our preview of the first Island Expedition here. We'll be back with more previews soon!
      Blizzard (Source)
      4/19 - These changes will be in the next build: - A tutorial quest and island are now available at level 115. Players must complete the tutorial quest to unlock Expeditions. This unlock is account-wide.
      - Normal mode requires level 110+
      - Heroic, Mythic, and PvP require level 120
      - At the start of the Island, 3 high-value targets will appear in the fog on your map as red X's, giving your party some initial direction.
      - Two new islands are available: Molten Cay and Dread Chain.
      - Around 800 new creatures have been added (some will lack abilities)
      - New end of island invasions: Naga, Black Dragons, Twilight Dragons, Saurok, Trolls
      - End of island invasions now have a pre-spawn visual (so they don't spawn on top of you)
      - New chest type: puzzle. Find levers, pressure plates, etc. needed to open an ancient chest.
      - Questgiver required objects (e.g. Torch, Shovel) spawn closer to their questgivers
      - Visual updates to skyboxes, times of day, and weather effects.
      Thanks for all of your feedback! I've updated the update post with some major changes coming in the next build. 

      Of note, we now put three red "X marks the spot" markers on your map at the start of the island. These are always some of the most high value targets on the island, and should give your party some initial direction about where to go. Also it feels very pirate-y. :)

      The red markers will also show up when an Azerite growth event occurs, at the site of the growth, and when end of island invasions occur, at those sites.

      We've got a bunch more invasions and a ton more creatures in this build as well!

      In addition, you'll now be queueing for a random island, and three islands are unlocked: Un'gol Ruins, Molten Cay, and Dread Chain.

      Feedback Request: The current plan is to have three islands available every week on a rotation. Since we now have three available, we'd like to hear from you about how many times you'd like to engage in this content during the week. Hop in, run a few during the next week, and let us know what you're feeling!
    • By Stan

      A detailed preview of the Battle of Stromgarde Warfront on Battle for Azeroth Alpha.
      The first public testing of Warfronts is now over and we had the chance to test out Battle of Stromgarde on Battle for Azeroth Alpha.
      Check out our Battle for Azeroth content hub for more information!
      Gameplay
      Warfronts are 20-player scenarios very similar to Wintergrasp or Tol Barad in terms of gameplay. The goal of a Warfront is to destroy the opposing faction's leader. In this case, it was Muradin Bronzebeard located in Stromgarde Keep. The opposing faction's forces periodically emerge and attack areas captured by your team, so it's good if you're group is dispersed across the map, ready to defend attacked areas. Resources 
      You collect resources (iron & wood) to build and upgrade structures and units / troops. Iron is gathered by peons when a mine is captured. It's used in the construction of buildings and troops. You can carry a maximum of 200 iron at a time. Wood is gathered from piles of wood throughout the warfront. It's used in the construction of buildings and troops. You can carry a maximum of 100 wood at a time. Introductory quests teach you how to collect iron and wood. You're also given a scroll that allows teleporting to your base on a 5-minute cooldown. Your base contains a chest that periodically generates iron over time (similar to the garrison cache). The current amount of iron in the chest is indicated as a buff. Contributing Resources
      When a structure is under construction, you'll need to contribute both iron and wood to build it. There's a progress bar indicating how much resources are needed before a particular structure becomes available. Contributing resources is very similar to how Broken Shore structures are handled. Capturing various areas unlocks access to more powerful units. Structures
      Let's begin with your base. It can be upgraded up to level 3. Additional structures that can be build here include: Altar of Storms, Armory, Barracks, Workshop and the Warmill.
      Great Hall (Level 1)
      Required to construct other buildings. Stronghold (Level 2), Cost: 380 Iron, 180 Wood - Requires Altar of Storms and Armory
      Increases number of peons collecting Iron. Increases rate of unit production from Barracks Unlocks commander specific units from Barracks. Fortress (Level 3), Cost: 620 Iron, 260 Wood - Requires Workshop
      Increases number of peons collecting Iron. Increases rate of unit production from Barracks. Increases damage dealt by Demolishers. Commanders can now use special ability. Altar of Storms
      Constructing the Altar grants you access to the Bristling Power buff that you can get for 10 iron or wood. Stacks up to 10 times. If you have Essence of Storms, you can gain the Call of the Storm buff as well. Armory
      Grants access to research which increase the combat powers of troops. Barracks
      Barracks are used to train units. Train Grunts (20 Iron) The backbone of your army. Assault enemy locations and help you capture the battlefield. Train Axe Throwers (30 Iron) Agile ranged troops able to deal great damage from a distance. Train Shaman (50 Iron, You need to capture Circle of Elements) Powerful casters who draw their strength from of elemental spirits. Useful to quickly heal nearby groups. Train Wolf Riders (50 Iron, You need to capture Newstead) Fast moving powerful fighters. Able to lock enemies down with nets, and burn large areas of ground. Workshop
      Unlocks Demolishers for 80 Iron each. Only 3 Demolishers can be active at once. Demolishers have access to the Bombard ability. War Mill
      Constructing War Mill grants access to two buffs for your troops. Steel Weapons - Increases all damage dealt by 10%. Steel Armor - Reduces all damage taken by 10%. Key Areas
      In addition to upgrading your base and building structures for the generation of units, the map contains key areas that need to be captured in order to advance. Capturing Newstead allows your team to recruit mounted troops. Each area has a powerful commander. Once defeated, the area can be captured by clicking the flag. 
      Circle of Elements
      Construct a Spirit Lodge to bring powerful caster units to your army. Unlocks Shamans (50 Iron) and Elemental Spirits (50 Iron) Drywhisker Mine
      Allows for the collection of Iron. Hatchet Ridge
      Allows for collection of wood. High Perch
      Construct a tower, providing fast access to captured locations. Newstead
      Construct a Bestiary to recruit mounted troops. Unlocks Wolf Raiders (50 Iron) and Kodo Riders (60 Iron) Completing the "Raiding Their Stores" quest in Newstead rewards an item that increases your primary stat by 20% in Warfronts: Chunk of Boar Meat Baked Egg Slice of Cheese Flagon of Applebrew Valorcall Pass
      Capture to lay siege to Stromgarde. Gameplay Video
      Screenshots

    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Igneous Quest Rogue Deck.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Budget Quest Rogue Deck.