Marksmanship Hunter DPS Stat Priority — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Marksmanship Hunter. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.0.5.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic DPS Hunter stat priority.
The Basics of Stats for Marksmanship Hunter
General Stat Priority
The general stat priority for a Marksmanship Hunter is:
- Critical Strike;
The top 3 stats are all very close and you may even find that Versatility and Haste are better than Critical Strike and Mastery in some situations depending on your gear.
In a practical situation, your stat weights and priority will always be changing as you get more gear, trinkets and so on. This is a general stat priority that gives you an idea of what stats are good to have on your gear.
Haste Caps for Marksmanship Hunter
There are no Haste caps for Marksmanship Hunter that are worth mentioning.
How To Choose Gear For The Marksmanship Hunter
If you are ever in doubt about what items to wear for any given situation, the only way to truly figure it out for your character is to use Raidbots (click for a guide on how to use it). This website allows you to easily compare gear you already have, as well as gear you do not have.
Gearing decisions will not always be clear-cut. This is obvious if you have ever had to choose between a high item level piece of loot with bad stats, and a lower item level piece of loot with perfect stats. These decisions and more are the reason we recommend using Raidbots to help simulate your character.
Raidbots takes everything into account including procs, RNG elements, your specific gear, racials and more. If you have made sure you performed the simulation correctly, then you can generally trust Raidbots' results to be accurate.
Gems, Enchants, and Consumables
The gems, enchants, and consumables you will use are directly derived from your stat priority and you can find our advice on this topic in our dedicated page.
Agility is your primary stat. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do across the board.
Mastery, through Mastery: Sniper Training, grants you increased damage on all your abilities and increases your maximum shot range.
Haste increases your auto attack speed and Focus regeneration, reduces your Global Cooldown from 1.5 seconds to a minimum of 0.750 seconds, and reduces the cooldown on your Aimed Shot ability.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
- 31 Mar. 2021: Updated the general Stat Priority for Marksmanship Hunters.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 30 Jan. 2021: Clarified that no Haste caps exist that are worth mentioning.
- 28 Nov. 2020: Updated note about Haste.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- The Lowest Mythic Wipe in WoW History?
- Patch 9.1 Raid Testing Schedule: April 22nd
- The Reddit Singularity: Deathwing As Both Mount and Player Housing
- Fire Mage in Patch 9.1: An Initial PTR Spec Overview
- New Leadership for Overwatch After Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard
- Torghast, Sanctum of Domination Loot Item Level
- When Will Daisy the Sloth Become Available?
- New Text-to-Speech Accessibility Option Coming in Patch 9.1