Marksmanship Hunter DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Marksmanship Hunter. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. The Basics of Stats for Marksmanship Hunter
1.1. Single-Target Stat Priority
The general single-target stat priority for a Marksmanship Hunter is:
- Critical Strike;
1.2. Multi-Target Stat Priority
The general multi-target stat priority for a Marksmanship Hunter is:
- Critical Strike;
This stat priority is derived by using a SimulationCraft gear profile/setup that is relevant for current content. Then, all the stats are set to an equal amount. It is using a mixture of Azerite Traits, a very good one, an average one, and a bad one. No trinkets are used.
In a practical situation, your stat weights and priority will always be changing as you get more gear, trinkets and so on. This is a general stat priority that gives you an idea of what stats are good to have on your gear.
2. How To Choose Gear For The Marksmanship Hunter
If you are ever in doubt about what items to wear for any given situation, the only way to truly figure it out for your character is to use Raidbots. This website allows you to easily compare gear you already have, as well as gear you do not have.
Gearing decisions will not always be clear-cut. This is obvious if you have ever had to choose between a high item level piece of loot with bad stats, and a lower item level piece of loot with perfect stats. These decisions and more are the reason we recommend using Raidbots to help simulate your character.
Raidbots takes everything into account, including procs, RNG elements, your specific gear, racials and more. If you have made sure you performed the simulation correctly, then you can generally trust Raidbots' results to be accurate.
2.1. Statistics Explanations
Agility is your primary stat. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do across the board.
Mastery, through Mastery: Sniper Training, grants you increased damage on all your abilities and increases your maximum shot range.
Haste increases your auto attack speed and Focus regeneration, reduces your Global Cooldown from 1.5 seconds to a minimum of 0.750 seconds, and reduces the cooldown on your Aimed Shot ability.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
- 14 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Crucible of Storms and no changes are necessary.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated the stat priority for Patch 8.1.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth release.
- Classic Stress Test on May 22nd - A Lot More Invites
- Another "Not a Bug" Issue - Mob Aggro Distance
- Patch 8.2: Essences Intro Questline
- VentureBeat Interview with J. Allen Brack
- The Classic Conundrum: Nostalgia vs. Difficulty (vs. Civil Discourse)
- Layering in Classic World of Warcraft
- Patch 8.2: Mechacycle Model W Mount
- WoW Classic Beta: Sharding Bug
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Elemental Shaman 8.1.5
- Protection Paladin 8.1.5
- Balance Druid 8.1.5
- Frost Mage 8.1.5
- Hunter Rotation Notes Questions
- Heavy m+ healing
- Items from Crucible of Storms - Hands