Marksmanship Hunter DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Marksmanship Hunter. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic DPS Hunter stat priority.
The Basics of Stats for Marksmanship Hunter
General Stat Priority
The general stat priority for a Marksmanship Hunter is:
- Critical Strike/Haste.
Generally speaking, Versatility and Mastery are close to equal depending on your gear, and the same goes for Critical Strike and Haste, although they are a step below Versatility and Mastery.
In a practical situation, your stat weights and priority will always be changing as you get more gear, trinkets and so on. This is a general stat priority that gives you an idea of what stats are good to have on your gear.
How To Choose Gear For The Marksmanship Hunter
If you are ever in doubt about what items to wear for any given situation, the only way to truly figure it out for your character is to use Raidbots. This website allows you to easily compare gear you already have, as well as gear you do not have.
Gearing decisions will not always be clear-cut. This is obvious if you have ever had to choose between a high item level piece of loot with bad stats, and a lower item level piece of loot with perfect stats. These decisions and more are the reason we recommend using Raidbots to help simulate your character.
Raidbots takes everything into account, including procs, RNG elements, your specific gear, racials and more. If you have made sure you performed the simulation correctly, then you can generally trust Raidbots' results to be accurate.
Agility is your primary stat. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do across the board.
Mastery, through Mastery: Sniper Training, grants you increased damage on all your abilities and increases your maximum shot range.
Haste increases your auto attack speed and Focus regeneration, reduces your Global Cooldown from 1.5 seconds to a minimum of 0.750 seconds, and reduces the cooldown on your Aimed Shot ability.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
- 13 Jan. 2020: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.3 and no changes are necessary.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Updated, simplified and clarified the stat priority and the description.
- 13 Jul. 2019: Simplified and updated the stat priority.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 14 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Crucible of Storms and no changes are necessary.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated the stat priority for Patch 8.1.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth release.
- This Week's Great for Unlocking Allied Races
- 33 Druids vs Onyxia
- Skip Warlords of Draenor Intro at Level 90
- MDI 2020 Moving to Remote Broadcasts
- Make WoW Look Like a Painting Without Any Mods
- How Gold Farming in WoW Lead to the Steam Workshop
- World of Warcraft Fan Art of r/wow Part Two
- Notable Battle for Azeroth Quest Givers Depicted as Animals
- Tortollan Seekers Reputation
- Death Knight Leveling
- Vengeance Demon Hunter 8.3
- Patch 8.3 Jewelcrafting Changes
- Class Changes Hub
- Affliction Warlock 8.3
- Survival Hunter 8.3