FORUMS
Damien

Brewmaster Monk 7.3

1 hour ago, Arkpit said:

So the question then is, was the talk of Brewmasters being that bad just talk and no facts so nothing really changed or is there something significant that happened overall in the patch that I've missed that is all of sudden putting Brewmasters on the board for 7.1.5?

The other thing to remember is that there has also been a fair amount of re-balancing with some of the other tanks, namely with large nerfs over a few months to things like Prot Warrior. The tank scene actually looks pretty solid for NH balance-wise. There will always be a loser in balance races, but the gap is nowhere near what it was before.

• Like 1

Guest passage
On 16/01/2017 at 9:34 AM, Furty said:

Hey - the gear section will be getting a full update within a day or so, including Nighthold BiS.

The update still didn't show well the change on the head legendary

2 hours ago, Guest passage said:

The update still didn't show well the change on the head legendary

Will make a note for Furty :)

We are currently in the process of updating our guides in preparation for the release of 7.2 - please understand that we will not be answering questions in this section about "What is better for 7.2?" prior to the patch release, since all the information will be available when the patch goes live. Please be patient and thanks for waiting!

Guest Arc

Did you have a five year old randomly select the artifact talent order for your 7.2 guide? or do you not understand that brewmasters are tanks and not dps? Icy-viens needs to hardcore recruit a real brewmaster player to write this guide.

10 hours ago, Guest Arc said:

Did you have a five year old randomly select the artifact talent order for your 7.2 guide? or do you not understand that brewmasters are tanks and not dps? Icy-viens needs to hardcore recruit a real brewmaster player to write this guide.

What?  The artifact path in the guide varies only slightly from the one created by the Brewmaster theortycrafters at Peak of Serenity (both the website and Discord), where the PoS path recommends getting Fortification earlier than the IV guide has it.  To quote the PoS article itself regarding getting the Smashed trait earlier:

You can also get Smashed before heading towards Brew-Stache if you so choose for more utility, but again, the order here isn’t extremely important as the time needed of filling this tree out is fairly quick.

As for post-35 traits, the IV guide is promoting a hybrid defensive/offensive path.  Getting the new golden trait is very important, as it is quite potent and helps greatly with brew efficiency.  After that, which traits you put a 4th point into largely depends on whether you want more offensive power (where you take Face Palm > Hot Blooded > Obsidian Fists > Rest) or survivability (Hot Blooded > Potent Kick > Overflow/Dark Side of the Moon/Face Palm > Rest).  

• Like 2

Guest Vincent

you have an issue with the legendary helm on the list. you haven't updated since they changed it. it  makes the CD 2.5 mins, lets you move while channeling and doesn't break on melee attacks at all for the full duration

On 4/9/2017 at 11:49 AM, Guest Arc said:

I'd just like to add to what Orthios has already touched on: If you feel that the guide is insufficient, please present actual evidence of why, rather than just uselessly bashing the guide.

On 4/10/2017 at 7:00 PM, Guest Vincent said:

you have an issue with the legendary helm on the list. you haven't updated since they changed it. it  makes the CD 2.5 mins, lets you move while channeling and doesn't break on melee attacks at all for the full duration

Made a note for Furty, thanks :)

Guest Ikkerens

Just wanted to say that the description on the legendary "Fundamental Observation" may be incorrect. The legendary now lets the spell remain active no matter how many melee hits are taken, perhaps this bumps its usefulness a bit?

I am enjoying this guide overall, however, I feel it could do with some expansion in the "gear, legendaries, and best in slot" section.

Particularly since all this section covers is the legendary items with little coverage of other gear. For example, many other DPS classes have an actual rough BiS list provided as a guide to the sort of items to watch out for. I think it would be a nice idea to see something similar for BrM or at the very least some discussions around some of the options we have.

I understand that true BiS no longer exists with the way gear works and that tanks, in general, are quite flexible with their gear choices but this section doesn't even look at trinkets. :/

On 5/8/2017 at 9:18 PM, Guest Ikkerens said:

Just wanted to say that the description on the legendary "Fundamental Observation" may be incorrect. The legendary now lets the spell remain active no matter how many melee hits are taken, perhaps this bumps its usefulness a bit?

Passing this on! :) I think the rankings are still the same, the description just hadn't been updated.

On 5/12/2017 at 9:49 AM, SmileMoar said:

I am enjoying this guide overall, however, I feel it could do with some expansion in the "gear, legendaries, and best in slot" section.

Particularly since all this section covers is the legendary items with little coverage of other gear. For example, many other DPS classes have an actual rough BiS list provided as a guide to the sort of items to watch out for. I think it would be a nice idea to see something similar for BrM or at the very least some discussions around some of the options we have.

I understand that true BiS no longer exists with the way gear works and that tanks, in general, are quite flexible with their gear choices but this section doesn't even look at trinkets. :/

I can definitely pass this on and see if we can get it added! I do agree that it is lacking somewhat currently, so we'll do our best to get it up to the standard of the rest of the guide :)

Guest Missing Legendary

I think you need to add Sephuz's Secret to the legendary section.

6 hours ago, Guest Missing Legendary said:

I think you need to add Sephuz's Secret to the legendary section.

Will remind them to include this in the .2.5 update :)

We are currently in the process of updating our guides in preparation for the release of 7.2.5 - all questions about "What is better for 7.2.5, X or Y?" will be answered in our guide updates. Thanks for your patience while we get everything completed and good luck in the new patch!

On 6/12/2017 at 1:04 PM, Blainie said:

Will remind them to include this in the .2.5 update :)

Mr. Blainie, could you help me out, please?

I have the legendary rings (soul of the grandmaster & stagger ring). Could you explain me how to use effectively the first one (soul of the grandmaster) ? 

Thank you!

On 6/28/2017 at 1:51 PM, Duskmaiden said:

Mr. Blainie, could you help me out, please?

I have the legendary rings (soul of the grandmaster & stagger ring). Could you explain me how to use effectively the first one (soul of the grandmaster) ? 

Thank you!

If you want to use Soul, you will just take Dampen Harm with it. You would then use it as you would a normal defensive cooldown, while still benefiting from Mystic Vitality passively.

23 hours ago, Elfant said:

OK the best in slot part of the page does not have any trinkets listed????

Furty is working to update the BiS section. Defensively, push for the Darkmoon Deck (Immortality) against physical, Unstable Arcanocrystal and Writhing Heart of Darkness. For damage output, I'd take any high agility trinket. Stat sticks work well in both offensive and defensive slots.

Section 5.6.9 of the rotation page covers Blackout Combo.

You should make sure to always use your Blackout Strike in combination with Keg Smash to make sure you maximise the number of Brew charges you gain throughout the encounter. If you chose the Special Delivery, more Brew charges also give you an indirect damage increase.

So what should you use your Blackout Strikes in combination with? You should always be using your Blackout Combo Icon Blackout Combos with Tiger Palm.

It then lists the rotation as KS > BoS > TP > (filler) > BoS > TP > (filler).

Unless I'm misinterpreting it (entirely possible) this covers two different scenarios in the same section: for maximum survival, Blackout Combo should be used with Keg Smash to maximise Brew generation. For maximum dps (not tanking or where dps is more important than mitigation) then Blackout Combo should be used with Tiger Palm (or, I suppose, Breath of Fire for aoe).

1 hour ago, darksentinel said:

Unless I'm misinterpreting it (entirely possible) this covers two different scenarios in the same section: for maximum survival, Blackout Combo should be used with Keg Smash to maximise Brew generation. For maximum dps (not tanking or where dps is more important than mitigation) then Blackout Combo should be used with Tiger Palm (or, I suppose, Breath of Fire for aoe).

Pretty much this, yeah - I'll try get Furty to differentiate between the sections.

We are currently in the process of updating all guides as required for the 7.3 release. Please be patient as we make the necessary changes. You can keep an eye on the changelog to know if the guide has been updated or not.