FORUMS
Damien

Mistweaver Monk 7.3

Guest Ichihara

Will this article be updated after the upcoming patch?

39 minutes ago, Guest Ichihara said:

Will this article be updated after the upcoming patch?

All class guides will be updated as necessary when 7.1.5 goes live.

Guest Suntun

One thing to note is that moving will not cancel the effects of soothing mist - you still channel it when you are moving, as long as you don't preform any other actions.

4 hours ago, Guest Suntun said:

One thing to note is that moving will not cancel the effects of soothing mist - you still channel it when you are moving, as long as you don't preform any other actions.

That is only true if you are using the Mist Wrap talent.

The guides are currently being updated for 7.1.5! I just wanted to leave a few notes for all of our users that might be getting ready to leave a comment:

• Some pages do not require updates. The "Last Updated" stat does not mean the page is out of date, it might just not have needed any changes. If you feel that it does, leave a comment telling us what needs changing and why.
  • The process will not happen immediately - some guides will be updated faster than others simply due to the number of resources available. Be patient, they'll be ready when you need them!
  • There might be some continuity errors when making small adjustments to large guide pages. If you do find one of these, just let us know in the comments and we'll get it fixed ASAP.
  • "Why have you not taken into account X buff to X ability?" - remember, just because something got buffed, it doesn't mean it is now automatically better than the other options!

As always, we want to thank you all for being patient while we get things updated and I'm always available to help you all if you need it :)

Hey!

I'm looking for a page where I can find some information of the trinkets, maybe compared to eachother. Can someone help me out with it?

Nighthold is about to open but I'm still not sure what should I get as my second trinket. So far as I know the Celestial Map is going to be good. I have Vial and the Ursoc trinkets right now (both 880 ilvl). I've heared the legendary trinket gonna be good and the Arcano aswell but they are kind of impossible to get or you must be super lucky to get them. For example I've never even seen the stat stick from Helya to be dropped either...

Also I've got the 855 ilvl cloak with socket, but you think a crit+versa cloak of an ilvl 905+ could be better? "A special mention is warranted for the Drape of Shame Icon Drape of Shame cloak, which is essentially the best cloak you can use, without exception. If you have the option of equipping one, you should even in the face of a large (~50) item level disadvantage"

1 minute ago, Caldyssis said:

Hey!

I'm looking for a page where I can find some information of the trinkets, maybe compared to eachother. Can someone help me out with it?

Take a look at the spreadsheet by Geodew that is listed in our BiS section: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/mistweaver-monk-pve-healing-gear-legendaries-best-in-slot

This has tabs for trinkets, gear evaluation etc. This is probably the best resource I can think of. I'm not certain how up-to-date with 7.1.5 it is though.

a lot of this thread needs updates. geo's spreadsheet is wrong. it still is his old 7.1 instead of 7.1.5 spread sheet, it has improper information about spells. like vivify and effuse are the same cast time. then theres information as if you had weapon traits or not. life cocoon doesnt apply soothing mist, but the weapon trait that makes it apply rem and soothing does, but you also address rem's tooltip as if its 20 seconds, so as if it doesnt have traits. theres plenty of other information thats just plain wrong.

8 hours ago, livingmists said:

a lot of this thread needs updates.

We'll double check and see what needs to be updated :) Thanks for your comment!

Any Fistweavers out there that could give a short rundown of the pros and cons of it compared to a Mistweaver?

It's an interesting concept but wherever I look the Mistweavers seems the clear winners.

On 1/27/2017 at 10:04 AM, Arkpit said:

Any Fistweavers out there that could give a short rundown of the pros and cons of it compared to a Mistweaver?

It's an interesting concept but wherever I look the Mistweavers seems the clear winners.

Fistweaving is actually a huge misconception for most people - It's not something that you are meant to specifically do and just never heal, or only look at your DPS output. It is meant to be used in periods of downtime/low healing to prepare yourself for much more intense periods, especially with Thunder Focus Tea resets.

Focus on healing as a Mistweaver, but use Fistweaving to amplify your healing when you can, basically. While you can top people up during downtime and look better on meters, I prefer to prepare myself for huge bursts of healing during intense healing sections.

37 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Fistweaving is actually a huge misconception for most people - It's not something that you are meant to specifically do and just never heal, or only look at your DPS output. It is meant to be used in periods of downtime/low healing to prepare yourself for much more intense periods, especially with Thunder Focus Tea resets.

Focus on healing as a Mistweaver, but use Fistweaving to amplify your healing when you can, basically. While you can top people up during downtime and look better on meters, I prefer to prepare myself for huge bursts of healing during intense healing sections.

I can very much understand that confusion occurs when talking about "Fistweaving" as a concept since it can probably by misintepred in many ways :)

The way I've viewed it is that the Fistweaver is a more melee focused healer that benefits from a higher melee aoe healing with some added mana regen that swaps passive healing from soothing to a slight bit of damage on the boss. Is this on the right track or what are the real benefits in a practical sense for choosing the Fistweaving talents?

43 minutes ago, Arkpit said:

Is this on the right track or what are the real benefits in a practical sense for choosing the Fistweaving talents?

Pretty much, yeah. It's also far better at dealing with bursty fights rather than constant output fights. It means you can actually be useful during downtime, prepare for burst and then maintain during those high-intensity moments.

Hey, question. 

Whats the diffrence between Fistweaving,Mistweaving and Mythic+ in this guide. As a completly new Healer/MW monk player i want to know.

Greetz,

Paul 

BoltAxion

17 hours ago, BoltAxion said:

Whats the diffrence between Fistweaving,Mistweaving and Mythic+ in this guide. As a completly new Healer/MW monk player i want to know.

Essentially, mana-management is the key difference. You'll notice that the priority of crit changes between each stat build, because it is your "mana" stat.

• For normal Mistweaving, we assume that there is little downtime and that you are required to heal constantly in a raid setting. This means that crit is very valuable.
  • For Fistweaving, there is some downtime and therefore you require slightly less crit. Instead, you focus on Vers and taking Haste beyond a certain point of crit.
  • For M+, it simply doesn't matter about Mana, because you can just drink between pulls while your tank pops a CD or waits.

Hope this helps.

On 2/16/2017 at 8:34 PM, RoseZ12 said:

so any opinions which trinkets are BiS atm?

Stat sticks are excellent, as always, and the legendary.

Star Augur's trinket can be very good too.

4 hours ago, Blainie said:

Stat sticks are excellent, as always, and the legendary.

Star Augur's trinket can be very good too.

yea but stat sticks at a competitve level is as rare as a legendary :/ so star augur and aluriell i have atm.

On 2/21/2017 at 4:28 PM, RoseZ12 said:

yea but stat sticks at a competitve level is as rare as a legendary :/ so star augur and aluriell i have atm.

Very true! :) Can always find them in raids though.

We are currently in the process of updating our guides in preparation for the release of 7.2 - please understand that we will not be answering questions in this section about "What is better for 7.2?" prior to the patch release, since all the information will be available when the patch goes live. Please be patient and thanks for waiting!

Guest Shen

Mistwalk, 1st tier talent, is not Chi wave. U made mistake in there and posted wrong talent. Also, Mistwalk is really good spell for replacing healer or/and moving healer to tank with bonus healing on jump, as it is instant move with heal.

18 hours ago, Guest Shen said:

Mistwalk, 1st tier talent, is not Chi wave. U made mistake in there and posted wrong talent. Also, Mistwalk is really good spell for replacing healer or/and moving healer to tank with bonus healing on jump, as it is instant move with heal.

Thanks very much for pointing that out, I'll get it updated! :)

Guest Monkaar

Is prydaz still the best legendary since we have fortifying brew now? So that's our active mitigation.