FORUMS
Damien

Holy Paladin 7.3

Guest Bigansbad
13 hours ago, Blainie said:

I'd really recommend taking a look at my comment above concerning the spreadsheet :)

i can read it but cant copy the doc. 

On 3/29/2017 at 3:30 PM, Guest Bigansbad said:

thanks alot man and gl in the future

No problem, glad to have helped :) If you have any more questions just ask!

I've been trying since 7.2 to find exactly what changed with Judgement of Light. Can 2 Paladins use it on the same target now? mine still appears to get overwritten. I heard it also basically can be consumed as fast as people hit it instead of it having a cooldown between heals. anyone have confirmation for any of this?

16 hours ago, TeaSwiz said:

anyone have confirmation for any of this?

They've removed the cap on procs per second. It used to only be allowed to occur once per second, now it can occur an infinite amount of times per second until it expires.

13 hours ago, Blainie said:

They've removed the cap on procs per second. It used to only be allowed to occur once per second, now it can occur an infinite amount of times per second until it expires.

Does the effect now stack if multiple paladins have it? even though I See it disappear sometimes? if so does each hit consume 1 of each of our judgements?

28 minutes ago, TeaSwiz said:

Does the effect now stack if multiple paladins have it? even though I See it disappear sometimes? if so does each hit consume 1 of each of our judgements?

As far as I am aware, it works as an odd kind of priority system. If, for example, you put your JoL on a target. 10 stacks are used up, but then the other Paladin puts theirs up. Technically, there are 70 stacks available, but the first 40 have to be used up for you to see any use from your 30 from the first JoL. I am not 100% sure how it actually works, but this is essentially the effect.

Guest inblank

You may have noticed this already, but in the Legendaries section, Aggramar's Stride tooltiip is saying that it will increase based on your haste, while in game is showing that it will increase based on haste, critical strike or mastery, wichever is the highest. Therefore, I ask you to correct it, and maybe reevaluate the boots since we holy paladins run a lot of critical strike.

On 4/16/2017 at 5:18 PM, Guest inblank said:

You may have noticed this already, but in the Legendaries section, Aggramar's Stride tooltiip is saying that it will increase based on your haste, while in game is showing that it will increase based on haste, critical strike or mastery, wichever is the highest. Therefore, I ask you to correct it, and maybe reevaluate the boots since we holy paladins run a lot of critical strike.

Made a note of it to get it updated, thanks! :)

Good job on this update guys, just a couple notes.

Holy Paladins lack mobility, and their cooldowns as not as impactful as those of other healing classes (such as Tranquility Icon Tranquility or Divine Hymn Icon Divine Hymn).

I think it is safe to say we can remove this line from the introduction. Not only is it really not true (all three versions of AM are just as strong if not stronger than Divine Hymn and AM talented as Aura of Sacrifice and used in conjunction with  Avenging Wrath Icon Avenging Wrath and  Icon Tyr's Deliverance is actually the strongest throughput CD in the game (even better than Tranquility).

Which brings me to my next point:

Aura of Sacrifice Icon Aura of Sacrifice is one of the highest HPS cooldowns in the game, being able to provide massive amounts of healing during Aura Mastery Icon Aura Mastery, if combined with throughput cooldowns such as Avenging Wrath Icon Avenging Wrath and Holy Avenger Icon Holy Avenger. It shines when the encounter has phases during which burst healing is required. The damage redirected to you is generally negligible. Having the Obsidian Stone Spaulders Icon Obsidian Stone Spaulders legendary makes this talent even better.

I would change this to say that Aura of Sacrifice is THE highest HPS cooldown in the game when combined with  Avenging Wrath Icon Avenging Wrath and Icon Tyr's Deliverance. While it is true that  Holy Avenger Icon Holy Avenger  is nice to use with it as well, it is more important to highlight the benefits of using Aura of Sacrifice Icon Aura of Sacrifice with our artifact weapon ability.

Which brings me to my final point:

Aura of Mercy heals 3 allies within 10 yards of you (all allies within 40 yards during Aura Mastery Icon Aura Mastery), meaning that you should position yourself accordingly. If there is raid-wide damage, you should stay with the ranged group, while if there is only tank/melee damage, you should move in with the melee group.

This is kind of outdated as it assumes that you are taking Aura of Mercy Icon Aura of Mercy which is no longer always the case. While it is still viable to talent that way, more and more holy paladins are seeing the benefit of using Aura of Sacrifice Icon Aura of Sacrifice.

Can you add a section in the rotations area that highlights how to properly use Aura Mastery Icon Aura Mastery when talented as Aura of Sacrifice Icon Aura of Sacrifice?

It should always be used with our artifact weapon ability and AW in the following order:

Pop Avenging Wrath Icon Avenging Wrath then cast Icon Tyr's Deliverance and once the cast is done, immediately use  Aura Mastery Icon Aura Mastery. While Aura Mastery Icon Aura Mastery is active, use Holy Shock Icon Holy Shock on cooldown (on the lowest health raid member) and while it is on cooldown, cast Flash of Light Icon Flash of Light on the lowest health raid member. Continue this until Aura Mastery Icon Aura Mastery fades and return to regular rotation. 

To make this CD rotation even stronger you can add Holy Avenger Icon Holy Avenger after Avenging Wrath Icon Avenging Wrath (if talented) for faster casts of Icon Tyr's Deliverance and Flash of Light Icon Flash of Light

That's all I got, thanks again for your work guys.

-Bryin

Edited by Bryin

18 hours ago, Bryin said:

That's all I got, thanks again for your work guys.

-Bryin

Great post! Thanks for all of the feedback, I'll make sure to pass it on!

On 4/30/2017 at 8:52 AM, Rellston said:

I was looking at some top raiding guilds holy pallys and I've seen many of them use the Perfectly Preserved CakePerfectly Preserved Cake. whats your thought in this? since its rated pretty low in the spreadsheet.

I'm seeing it listed as the best trinket below the legendary?

4 hours ago, Blainie said:

I'm seeing it listed as the best trinket below the legendary?

oh lol, I must've been tired or had an old list, my bad :D

On 5/2/2017 at 5:13 PM, Rellston said:

oh lol, I must've been tired or had an old list, my bad :D

No problem :) If you have any more questions, just ask!

10 hours ago, Blainie said:

No problem :) If you have any more questions, just ask!

hi! recently i get the legendary shoulders, as I remember is "the best" legendary, but I do not stop to see that many people are changing the shoulder by the ring. It is due to something? Now is it better to wear the ring? (Talking about always wear the prydaz)

4 minutes ago, Dosu said:

hi! recently i get the legendary shoulders, as I remember is "the best" legendary, but I do not stop to see that many people are changing the shoulder by the ring. It is due to something? Now is it better to wear the ring? (Talking about always wear the prydaz)

I'm not quite sure what you are asking - which legendaries are you trying to compare here? Shoulders vs. Ilterendi or shoulders vs. Sephuz? Or Prydaz?

17 hours ago, Blainie said:

I'm not quite sure what you are asking - which legendaries are you trying to compare here? Shoulders vs. Ilterendi or shoulders vs. Sephuz? Or Prydaz?

Omg my fault sorry X.x . I meant the ring Ilterendi vs shoulders. I used to see a lot of people wearing Shoulder & Prydaz. (I imagine the prydaz for survival and stats) but now I see that they have gone on to wear prydaz & ilterandi. I don't understand the reason for the change.

21 hours ago, Dosu said:

Omg my fault sorry X.x . I meant the ring Ilterendi vs shoulders. I used to see a lot of people wearing Shoulder & Prydaz. (I imagine the prydaz for survival and stats) but now I see that they have gone on to wear prydaz & ilterandi. I don't understand the reason for the change.

Ah I see - I'll ask the writer and let you know what they say! I would assume it is due to the huge stat budget on Prydaz combined with them essentially "padding" the top of the meters by forcing the Judgement buff to always benefit huge AoE heals while running a small number of healers for max HPS. 

int + haste > int + crit trinkets? :o how so?

my stats are:

44% crit

8% haste

44% mastery

4% versatility

currently wearing 2 int + crit trinkets, do you recommend me to switch one of those for int + haste?

On 5/16/2017 at 0:58 PM, Rellston said:

currently wearing 2 int + crit trinkets, do you recommend me to switch one of those for int + haste?

It's an error in the spreadsheet. Crit/Int stat sticks are better.

We are currently in the process of updating our guides in preparation for the release of 7.2.5 - all questions about "What is better for 7.2.5, X or Y?" will be answered in our guide updates. Thanks for your patience while we get everything completed and good luck in the new patch!

Guest Medroesh

Just wanted to point out that Fervent Martyr stacks to 4 times, not 2. It is possible to get free lights of the martyr. After playing with that talent, I prefer it in dungeons above judgement, but the other two talents are still powerful in raid environments.