FORUMS
Damien

Holy Paladin 7.3

3 hours ago, Guest Medroesh said:

Just wanted to point out that Fervent Martyr stacks to 4 times, not 2. It is possible to get free lights of the martyr. After playing with that talent, I prefer it in dungeons above judgement, but the other two talents are still powerful in raid environments.

Will pass this on :)

Guest Shaydana

Hi !

I read all your Hpal guides, but I need more informations about priority stats. How many % we need on this ? Actually I have something like 37% crit, 45% mast, 7% vers & 0% haste.

But i'm lost because I also follow AskMrRobot to check Best in Bag, and his 7.2.5 opti make me lost, on this BIS, we need 20% haste and legendary BIS are not the same like you, it's shoulders and back ._.

So, someone can tell me nearly how many % I need on my stats ?

Thanks !

PS : Sorry for my bad english ._.

On 6/15/2017 at 7:24 PM, Guest Shaydana said:

But i'm lost because I also follow AskMrRobot to check Best in Bag, and his 7.2.5 opti make me lost, on this BIS, we need 20% haste and legendary BIS are not the same like you, it's shoulders and back ._.

I can't really tell you why they have that listed, unfortunately, since I don't know what they have done to come to that conclusion. I believe the only true stat cap that you can aim for is 50% crit. 

I believe the spreadsheet made by ZeroToRescue can be used to find exact stat weights for your character. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wWPNjJBduiM-BSFjgJKpfoNyK3ZVXo8Qd_YYiGTMwWw/edit#gid=0

Guest ucandoit

I have noticed that there is no macro specified for judgement. I have scoured the net for a decent macro and have found it hard to find one. Not easy with the changes blizz have made to macros over the years to try and stop automation. I have taken to setting focus on the main tank now and using the following macro

#showtooltip Judgment
/cast [@focustarget] Judgment
/targetlasttarget

don't know if you guys have a better one but this does work most of the time. Maybe you can include this on your page as judgement is pretty important if you decide to take that talent.

Guest New (?) Legendary

Just had 970 ARCHIMONDE'S HATRED REBORN drop from WQ bonus chest - doesn't appear to be on the list.

4 hours ago, Guest New (?) Legendary said:

Just had 970 ARCHIMONDE'S HATRED REBORN drop from WQ bonus chest - doesn't appear to be on the list.

It's for prot.

I'm just going to edit this in order to avoid double-posting. My question is, as a blanket change, why was mastery moved over versatility? In the only fight that's going to matter (Kil'Jaeden), we'll have to spread for the majority of high-damage mechanics, like Armageddon, both Dreadflames, and Flaming Orb.

Edited by Impact009
Avoiding a double-post

On 6/26/2017 at 2:20 AM, Guest ucandoit said:

I have noticed that there is no macro specified for judgement. I have scoured the net for a decent macro and have found it hard to find one. Not easy with the changes blizz have made to macros over the years to try and stop automation. I have taken to setting focus on the main tank now and using the following macro

#showtooltip Judgment
/cast [@focustarget] Judgment
/targetlasttarget

don't know if you guys have a better one but this does work most of the time. Maybe you can include this on your page as judgement is pretty important if you decide to take that talent.

You can alternatively use a modifier, including something like:

"/cast [nomod, @target] Judgement

/cast [mod:shift, @focus] Judgement"

This lets you have it on one button and includes a focus to cast it at your focus without swapping targets.

On 6/27/2017 at 4:08 PM, Guest New (?) Legendary said:

As noted above, this is the tanking legendary trinket :)

On 6/27/2017 at 8:51 PM, Impact009 said:

It's for prot.

I'm just going to edit this in order to avoid double-posting. My question is, as a blanket change, why was mastery moved over versatility? In the only fight that's going to matter (Kil'Jaeden), we'll have to spread for the majority of high-damage mechanics, like Armageddon, both Dreadflames, and Flaming Orb.

I'm not sure how Kil'jaeden is the only fight that will matter? You have to progress through 8 other bosses to be able to fight him and, surely those bosses do count as well? There are plenty of stacking/close proximity moments in ToS. 

On 7/2/2017 at 8:48 AM, Blainie said:

I'm not sure how Kil'jaeden is the only fight that will matter? You have to progress through 8 other bosses to be able to fight him and, surely those bosses do count as well? There are plenty of stacking/close proximity moments in ToS. 

That's the fight where world 1sts and realm 1sts are predicated upon. While players still track the previous bosses, ultimately, the final boss is the most important. Nobody remembers whom killed HFA first, but in contrast, most players still remember that Method killed Archimonde first. The only raid that I can think of where the last boss wasn't generally considered to be the most difficult was Dragon Soul. During the end of Legion, when everybody's way overgeared and content was practically irrelevant, yes, Mannoroth was probably mechanically more difficult than Archimonde for those guilds lagging behind, but during current progression, both Method and Paragon had the highest wipe count on Archimonde.

I suppose that yes, once content is on farm, then the only form of competition left will be parsing, and players like Tagzz and Baddeh will be stacking mastery after crit and positioning the raid very specifically to parse.

In any case, your post doesn't explain why mastery was prioritized. If it's truly situational, which imo it is, then why blanketly prioritize one over the other instead of listing them as being about equal? With that said, the only boss fights in ToS where the raid can consistently stack are maybe Harjatan and Maiden. All of the other fights are fill with mechanics that require splitting into groups or just spreading mechanics out in general.

Edited by Impact009

On 10/07/2017 at 10:05 AM, Rellston said:

is there a trinket analysis for Tomb of Sargeras?

currently using Velen's Future SightVelen's Future Sight together with Archive of FaithArchive of Faith

I can ask for it to be included/updated, but I can't guarantee anything, sorry!

• Like 1

On 10/07/2017 at 3:17 PM, Impact009 said:

That's the fight where world 1sts and realm 1sts are predicated upon. While players still track the previous bosses, ultimately, the final boss is the most important. Nobody remembers whom killed HFA first, but in contrast, most players still remember that Method killed Archimonde first. The only raid that I can think of where the last boss wasn't generally considered to be the most difficult was Dragon Soul. During the end of Legion, when everybody's way overgeared and content was practically irrelevant, yes, Mannoroth was probably mechanically more difficult than Archimonde for those guilds lagging behind, but during current progression, both Method and Paragon had the highest wipe count on Archimonde.

This means absolutely nothing for the readers of our guide though... We aren't writing a guide for people to kill something world first. I highly doubt Method's players are reading through our guide for tips on how to grab that world first kill of KJ. 

Nonetheless, I'll pass on the remark about changing how the stats are listed to make Mastery equal. I believe the actual reasoning was a new reviewer that essentially thought the old listing was wrong.

Guest Drhü

if possible it would be greatly appreciated to have more info on the healing trinkets available in Tomb as certain trinkets have amazing synergy with our artifact weapon/cooldowns. 

On 8/4/2017 at 5:24 PM, Guest Drhü said:

if possible it would be greatly appreciated to have more info on the healing trinkets available in Tomb as certain trinkets have amazing synergy with our artifact weapon/cooldowns. 

There should be more information in the spreadsheet linked in the guide.

We are currently in the process of updating all guides as required for the 7.3 release. Please be patient as we make the necessary changes. You can keep an eye on the changelog to know if the guide has been updated or not. 

This guide has now been updated for the 7.3 patch. If you have any questions or comments, you can always ask them here. If you find any errors in the new changes to the guide, let me know and I'll get the writers to update it ASAP.

Good luck in the Shadows of Argus!

Guest Kaeth

In the Crucible section, why is Infusion of Light rated higher than Secure in the Light?  The former provides an average of 404,000 damage or healing per minute, while the latter averages 405,000 and creates a damage reduction bubble on healing procs, rather than a heal.  Is there something actually wrong with the tooltips for these procs which I just don't know about?

22 hours ago, Guest Kaeth said:

In the Crucible section, why is Infusion of Light rated higher than Secure in the Light?  The former provides an average of 404,000 damage or healing per minute, while the latter averages 405,000 and creates a damage reduction bubble on healing procs, rather than a heal.  Is there something actually wrong with the tooltips for these procs which I just don't know about?

I believe Secure is currently bugged and under-performing hugely on the absorb part of it. It procs far too often for offense but barely ever for defense.

This guide will be updated for the release of the pre-patch of Battle for Azeroth in the next few days. We are aiming to have every guide deployed prior to the patch going live.

Please note that a new feedback thread will be created for the new guide, meaning that this one will be archived. Any feedback you have for the new guide should be placed in the new comment thread.

Thank you all for your patience and we are working to get the new guides up as soon as possible.