FORUMS
Damien

Retribution Paladin 7.3

15 hours ago, Guest Alcaman said:

i got a question , why is eye for an eye even an option ? name me 1 boss that does physical dmg currently to anyone but tanks in EN and second  why also would someone not pick justicar's vengeance in raids ??  it's the best ability there is, realistically it can save you , world of glory seems also a bad choise especially on keystones ( haven't gone further than 9 yet ) ussually getting something down faster is better than off-healing , we got LoH for that sort of situations anyway 

ToV
hymdal :

1=does phyiscal ability called dancing blades and horn of valor

Guarm

1= roaring leap and headlong charge

NM

elerethe

1= drop damage is phyiscal  (vile ambush)

2= bird form gathering clouds

Usroc

cenarious

thron damage burn

xavius = depends on your corruption /blades.

So those are at least 6 boss encounters where you take a lot of physical damage and that ability can mitigate it.

its a utility tier talent so you can choose w/e you feel you want to. its just that i recommend what i found the most reliable which was E2E.

WoG can be helpful in a clutch situations as well, since healing can crit, but its up to you in the end since its a utility tier.

Edited by Farion

11 hours ago, Guest Apox said:

I'm unsure if it has been posted but it's also worth noting at higher gear levels there is another haste breakpoint at 31.25% haste, making haste at that level significantly better than all other stats, even strength, and making blade of wrath far more tantalizing than Blade of Justice.

you see, blade of wrath is a passive that procs blade of justice :p

Guest chrono shard questio

hey all 872 ret pally here with legendary cape and belt, i recently got the neck and chrono trinket. When it procs im at 44% haste, with crusade up its over 120% i believe. 

My in game stats are 

crit 20 

haste 24 

mastery 35

ver 3

I could drop haste for crit , 

Thoughts, i could also gear and get 31.5% haste if that is where to go but ill be swimming in it with lust and wings

Thanks

Ballsmcgee 

bleeding hollow

On 11/13/2016 at 8:54 PM, Guest chrono shard questio said:

Thoughts, i could also gear and get 31.5% haste if that is where to go but ill be swimming in it with lust and wings

In honesty, your best bet is probably just through simming yourself for weights and checking out the plot graph of your stats.

Guest Sustainer

What was the rationale for removing the advice to rush Ashes-to-Ashes, followed by stockpiling points and reseting?

2 hours ago, Guest Sustainer said:

What was the rationale for removing the advice to rush Ashes-to-Ashes, followed by stockpiling points and reseting?

Because that method was used to get the best out of your wep during the first 4 weeks of the expansion where your damage was needed, which by no means is needed at this point of game.

How ever since we are way past that point hence there is no use for doing that any more, and shortly with a.k up to 10 being purchasable then getting the 64k wont take 2/3 days at worst.

Guest Sephuz-Nazjatar

For me, it is (checked via SimCraft) better to use Versatility gems instead of Crit/Haste (with over 23%).

4 hours ago, Guest Sephuz-Nazjatar said:

For me, it is (checked via SimCraft) better to use Versatility gems instead of Crit/Haste (with over 23%).

This will change depending on your current stat values. A personal sim doesn't mean general advice should always change. It might be that Farion has some planned updates that mirror what you have found, but it is more likely that your personal weights are simply different. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Blainie said:

This will change depending on your current stat values. A personal sim doesn't mean general advice should always change. It might be that Farion has some planned updates that mirror what you have found, but it is more likely that your personal weights are simply different. 

This^, will update some stuff related to it in the guide soon :v).

• Like 1

Guest SkywardHelio

I wasn't sure where to post this but I thought I would do it under the ret paladin section. Inside the build and talents section there is a typo, underneath the tier 7 (100 talents) the display for Crusade is wrong. I just thought I should bring it to someone's attention.

On 12/5/2016 at 2:15 PM, Guest SkywardHelio said:

I wasn't sure where to post this but I thought I would do it under the ret paladin section. Inside the build and talents section there is a typo, underneath the tier 7 (100 talents) the display for Crusade is wrong. I just thought I should bring it to someone's attention.

What do you mean by the display?

Something that I think would be helpful, would be a general "break point" to where if you're gaining XX item levels, say 10, it's worth it for the STR even if its loaded with mastery as a secondary stat. 

On 12/15/2016 at 2:16 PM, PatrickHenry said:

Something that I think would be helpful, would be a general "break point" to where if you're gaining XX item levels, say 10, it's worth it for the STR even if its loaded with mastery as a secondary stat. 

The problem is, this will depend on your character. It's impossible to create a general breakpoint for it simply because it depends on your current weights. An example would be 2 Rets that both have 830 item level. One of them has 2 Mastery trinkets, one has 2 Strength trinkets. Their strength weight would most likely jump around a fair amount in comparison to other stats.

The guides are currently being updated for 7.1.5! I just wanted to leave a few notes for all of our users that might be getting ready to leave a comment:

• Some pages do not require updates. The "Last Updated" stat does not mean the page is out of date, it might just not have needed any changes. If you feel that it does, leave a comment telling us what needs changing and why.
  • The process will not happen immediately - some guides will be updated faster than others simply due to the number of resources available. Be patient, they'll be ready when you need them!
  • There might be some continuity errors when making small adjustments to large guide pages. If you do find one of these, just let us know in the comments and we'll get it fixed ASAP.
  • "Why have you not taken into account X buff to X ability?" - remember, just because something got buffed, it doesn't mean it is now automatically better than the other options!

As always, we want to thank you all for being patient while we get things updated and I'm always available to help you all if you need it :)

Guest BDem

Regarding the legendary top 5 list,  I think you forgot about the Chain of Thrayn reworking (now causes AW/Crusade to increase damage by an additional 20%).

4 hours ago, Guest BDem said:

Regarding the legendary top 5 list,  I think you forgot about the Chain of Thrayn reworking (now causes AW/Crusade to increase damage by an additional 20%).

Passing this on, thanks!

The talents page says if you have the Whisper of the Nathrezim legendary back that Final Verdict is the prefered talent tier 1 choice. However I simmed both Final Verdict and Execution Sentence.. and Execution Sentence gives me a 10k dps increase WITH the legendary back. So Execution Sentence should be the choice for single target for everyone, regardless of having the legendary back. 

892 equipped Retri Paladin 7/7 2/3 mythic. (Shishikyu from Kazzak).

7 minutes ago, Shishikyu said:

The talents page says if you have the Whisper of the Nathrezim legendary back that Final Verdict is the prefered talent tier 1 choice. However I simmed both Final Verdict and Execution Sentence.. and Execution Sentence gives me a 10k dps increase WITH the legendary back. So Execution Sentence should be the choice for single target for everyone, regardless of having the legendary back. 

On a dummy in-game(1 minute) cba doing longer atm, I noticed Final Verdict was pulling ahead slightly. So why does simcraft say Execution Sentence is a 10k dps increase for me?

20 hours ago, Shishikyu said:

On a dummy in-game(1 minute) cba doing longer atm, I noticed Final Verdict was pulling ahead slightly. So why does simcraft say Execution Sentence is a 10k dps increase for me?

There's a variety of things that could cause it - do you have the most up-to-date SimCraft version? What sim are you running? There are modifications happening with new versions being released like every 4-5 hours ATM. 

20 hours ago, Shishikyu said:

Sim results varies from one to another.

Edited by Farion
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2017 at 6:00 AM, Guest BDem said:

This has now been added, thanks again for the note :)

Guest guest

hi

just a minor thing: on the builds and talents page the crusade talent is linked to the holy paladin version of it.

thanks for all the great work, greetings

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

hi

just a minor thing: on the builds and talents page the crusade talent is linked to the holy paladin version of it.

thanks for all the great work, greetings

Thanks for that! I've made a note of it for the writer :)