FORUMS
Damien

Retribution Paladin 7.3

Guest Barno

Just wondering how many ilvls is a socket worth? Stuck between using a 905 hand or a 895 with socket? They are both the same item just one has bit extra stats without socket? 

Guest Jona1993

Hi i have a question wanted to know what is thee best or most used professions for ret or just paladin in general?

On 3/5/2017 at 7:18 PM, Guest Krazyposts said:

Hey there, I'm an 887 ret that after having the rather lackluster legendary helm for months finally laid his hands on the legendary shoulders.

Now, right after getting them i went to SW to test on a dummy and i noticed that when i use Wake of Ashes it does not give me any sort of buff nor it debuffs the training dummy. Am I still getting the 15% dmg boost or is it bugged?

It still applies the damage buff even if it does not show on tool tip.

On 3/5/2017 at 6:57 PM, bmetok said:

It seems like Justicar's Vengeance would be good to quick-load stacks of Crusade for more burst. If my math is correct you can get it to 11 stacks in 3 GCDs between Justicar's Vengeance and artifact traits. 

Sim shows that you will do more damage building crusade using the normal method, as tv does more damage than jv.

On 3/6/2017 at 3:54 AM, Guest Barno said:

Just wondering how many ilvls is a socket worth? Stuck between using a 905 hand or a 895 with socket? They are both the same item just one has bit extra stats without socket? 

Have to sim your self to find out if the socket is better than your 905 hands.

6 hours ago, Guest Jona1993 said:

Hi i have a question wanted to know what is thee best or most used professions for ret or just paladin in general?

There isn't really any specific profession that is good for your class, i would suggest if you look at your auction house and see which profession makes the most money.

Guest Zio
On 3/11/2017 at 5:09 PM, Guest Jona1993 said:

Hi i have another question i have a 110 ret pally and i feels as if im not hitting hard idk if its how i have my talents set or my rotation but need some help please and thanks heres a layout of my talents set. and my ilvl is 806 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#bba!0202200

Well, for starters you're only 806. You're not exactly going to be hitting hard at such a low ilevel. In terms of your talents, switch Greater Judgement for Zeal and definitely - DEFINITELY - change Divine Purpose for Crusade. Personally, I prefer to take Justicar's Vengeance over WoG, but that's not a dps increase/decrease (more lifesaving, which in itself is a dps increase, but hey).

Guest Uhlrik

Can some explain how the whisper cape and execution sentence is better than just running FV? If I include ES in my rotation, I'm not going to get multiple Whisper procs...

Final Verdict: Provides a decent flat damage buff to both the ST and AoE holy power spender.

Execution Sentence: Adds an additional button to press, a ST holy power spender which depending on gear may offer a small increase to ST damage while making the rotation more difficult/stressful.

Guest Krazyposts
On 23/3/2017 at 5:26 PM, Guest Uhlrik said:

Can some explain how the whisper cape and execution sentence is better than just running FV? If I include ES in my rotation, I'm not going to get multiple Whisper procs...

Final Verdict: Provides a decent flat damage buff to both the ST and AoE holy power spender.

Execution Sentence: Adds an additional button to press, a ST holy power spender which depending on gear may offer a small increase to ST damage while making the rotation more difficult/stressful.

Pretty sure it's well explained on the builds and talents section, but for pure single target you wanna pick Execution IF you do not have the legendary cape and FV IF you have it. It also states that FV is great for figths with intermitent aoe (I think Aluriel is under this label).

It would be nice if there were a explanation that you should not pre-cast execution sentence to ensure it lands during the Judgement window, but rather is cast during the window, if in fact that is the case. 

On 3/24/2017 at 2:26 AM, Guest Uhlrik said:

Sim your self to find out if ES or F.V is better for you.
E.S scales with gear, the more ilvl you have the better it performs.

On 3/25/2017 at 1:57 PM, PatrickHenry said:

It would be nice if there were a explanation that you should not pre-cast execution sentence to ensure it lands during the Judgement window, but rather is cast during the window, if in fact that is the case. 

Definitely something we can look into including :)

We are currently in the process of updating our guides in preparation for the release of 7.2 - please understand that we will not be answering questions in this section about "What is better for 7.2?" prior to the patch release, since all the information will be available when the patch goes live. Please be patient and thanks for waiting!

Guest Sabi

umm..

Flask of the Countless Armies should be used for raids along with Potion of the Old War as your potion of choice. You should eat Lavish Suramar Feast for the buff to your Intellect (or the cheaper Hearty Feast Icon Hearty Feast if you cannot afford the +500 food). Ancient Healing Potion Icon Ancient Healing Potion can be used in place of Healthstones.

I mean I know 7.2 screwed up DS and was pretty shit on QA but I'm pretty sure they didn't screw classes up THAT much.

Can anyone provide a sim sheet, so I can see the DPS differences between the Legendary waist, shoulders, and back?

And in combination, like:

Waist and back = ??? DPS

Shoulders and back = ??? DPS

Shoulders and waist = ??? DPS

Reason is, I have Shoulders and Back, but I'm curious to see what a Back and Waist combo would be in DPS compared to...

Edited by Sibelius
added more

Hi guys. Just a minor thing...just wanted to let you know that in the Gems, Enchants, and Consumables section of the "Retribution" Paladin guide, it recommends Lavish Suramar Feast to boost your "Intellect".

I've been coming here for class guides for a while now and thought I should finally register. But don't get me wroong, I didn't only register to point out a mistake. I also wanted to say thanks for the site. So, thank you!

26 minutes ago, Sibelius said:

Can anyone provide a sim sheet, so I can see the DPS differences between the Legendary waist, shoulders, and back?

Waist and back = ??? DPS

Reason is, I have Shoulders and Back, but I'm curious to see what a Back and Waist combo would be in DPS compared to...

Hi. If it's any help, I have the cloak and belt, and do around 570k-600k completely unbuffed (no potions/food/rune/flask) on the dummies through 6 min of combat (3 uses of Crusade, ending when the 3rd use comes off CD). I'm not that good though, sometimes I misuse a holy power charge here and there. 895 ilvl, and I was using Greater Judgement at the time. I've still got some more testing to do with consumables and the new blade trait I just gotto 10% today.

On 3/29/2017 at 4:53 PM, Guest Sabi said:

umm..

Will get it corrected, sorry about that! Was likely just a small error in putting the text into the wrong guide!

20 hours ago, Guest AnormaL said:

Intellect?

Correct it please.

See above! Thanks for reporting it :)

9 hours ago, Magneith said:

Hi guys. Just a minor thing...just wanted to let you know that in the Gems, Enchants, and Consumables section of the "Retribution" Paladin guide, it recommends Lavish Suramar Feast to boost your "Intellect".

I've been coming here for class guides for a while now and thought I should finally register. But don't get me wroong, I didn't only register to point out a mistake. I also wanted to say thanks for the site. So, thank you!

Welcome to the forums and enjoy! :) 

As for the error, check my comment just above, and thanks for reporting it.

9 hours ago, Sibelius said:

I would assume you'd need some kind of input spreadsheet that allows you to actually input your own stats if you can't sim it yourself. Not sure if one does exist that can be altered to your gear requirements - @Farion any ideas?

13 hours ago, Sibelius said:

Waist and back = ??? DPS

3 hours ago, Blainie said:

I would assume you'd need some kind of input spreadsheet that allows you to actually input your own stats if you can't sim it yourself. Not sure if one does exist that can be altered to your gear requirements - @Farion any ideas?

Nope, there is no sheet that have that function yet.

The best way to know how much a legendary would increase your output is simming your self with it. as output is different from one character to another.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Farion said:

Nope, there is no sheet that have that function yet.

The best way to know how much a legendary would increase your output is simming your self with it. as output is different from one character to another.

Yeah, that's what I would have assumed. 

@Sibelius You can do it with SimulationCraft - you can download it here (https://simulationcraft.org/download.html)

At ilevel 885:

Waist and Back = 586k DPS

Back and Shoulders = 572k DPS

So the belt gives about 20k DPS more per fight, with all things factored in.

Edited by Sibelius
Updated
  • Like 1