FORUMS
Damien

Retribution Paladin 7.3

17 minutes ago, Sibelius said:

At ilevel 885:

Waist and Back = 586k DPS

Back and Shoulders = 572k DPS

So the belt gives about 25k DPS more per fight.

Thanks so much for coming back to share that! Glad to see that you got it working and everything :)

Guest Anon

Currently the link to the below-35 artifact trait guide is broken. This is due to a capitalization issue in the link. The word "artifact" in the link is capital, when it needs to be lowercase, "artifact". The link currently is: http://static.icy-veins.com/images/wow/retribution-paladin-Artifact.jpg but the link should be "http://static.icy-veins.com/images/wow/retribution-paladin-artifact.jpg"

8 minutes ago, Guest Anon said:

Currently the link to the below-35 artifact trait guide is broken. This is due to a capitalization issue in the link. The word "artifact" in the link is capital, when it needs to be lowercase, "artifact". The link currently is: http://static.icy-veins.com/images/wow/retribution-paladin-Artifact.jpg but the link should be "http://static.icy-veins.com/images/wow/retribution-paladin-artifact.jpg"

Ah, we were changing some things around earlier and noticed that it broke all the images. I thought we had fixed it all, but it seems one or two slipped through. Thanks so much for reporting it! I'll make a note for it to be fixed ASAP

Guest clicquot

my second spec is ret so i dont know a crazy amount.. is there a point where i should stop getting haste? or is it always a priority even above 25%

11 hours ago, Guest clicquot said:

my second spec is ret so i dont know a crazy amount.. is there a point where i should stop getting haste? or is it always a priority even above 25%

There really isnt a cap on how much you should get nor how much you stop at. 20-25% is fine.

Guest grajosanto
On 7/4/2017 at 10:42 AM, Farion said:

Realmente no hay un límite en la cantidad que debe recibir ni cuánto se detiene en. 20-25% está bien.

pero y como seria con el critico?  y la versatilidad ? si la celeridad a 25%

On 4/11/2017 at 4:35 AM, Guest grajosanto said:

Can you please ask your question in English? We can't really help you with this as it is.

Guest Lucho
On 10/4/2017 at 10:35 PM, Guest grajosanto said:

Translation: So, if I get 25% haste, how much of crit and versatility should i ideally stack?

Procura que tus piezas de equipo siempre tengan alguna combinación de celeridad/vers o celeridad/crit, no importa qué tan alta vaya la celeridad, pero con 895 de equipo me puse a ver y si mi crítico cae por debajo de 18-20% inmediatemente comienza a ganar importancia. La versatilidad la mantengo a 7-9%. Recuerda que crit y vers tienen casi la misma importancia.

PD: La página es de habla inglesa, recuerda comentar en inglés.

15 hours ago, Guest Lucho said:

Translation: So, if I get 25% haste, how much of crit and versatility should i ideally stack?

In that case, he should just use Simcraft to check what his priorities are. It will give exact weights and let him decide his next gear choice.

On 4/12/2017 at 9:13 PM, Guest Lucho said:

Procura que tus piezas de equipo siempre tengan alguna combinación de celeridad/vers o celeridad/crit, no importa qué tan alta vaya la celeridad, pero con 895 de equipo me puse a ver y si mi crítico cae por debajo de 18-20% inmediatemente comienza a ganar importancia. La versatilidad la mantengo a 7-9%. Recuerda que crit y vers tienen casi la misma importancia.

PD: La página es de habla inglesa, recuerda comentar en inglés.

Okay, first of all you wont have to drop any gear to get said haste. after you get a reasonable amount, you could wear any thing that have crit/vers. there is no % that you should aim for. hence Haste>crit-vers>mastery.

There is no fixed % on any of the stats.

Ideally, if you're playing Retribution as your main, then i highly recommend simming your character to see how stats looks for you.

Edited by Farion
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2017 at 2:25 PM, Farion said:

There is no fixed % on any of the stats.

Going to keep this quote for as long as I can. Should answer most of the questions :D

• Like 2

Guest BW or DH for general

BW or DH for general content, raids and dungeons?

16 hours ago, Guest BW or DH for general said:

BW or DH for general content, raids and dungeons?

The guide pretty much answers this already:

Blade of Wrath is currently the best choice in this for single target fights, while  Divine Hammer is the best choice for multiple target fights, as well as for dungeon content.

Pick depending on what you need.

• Like 1

Guest Bhope
On 23. 4. 2017 at 4:54 PM, Blainie said:

The guide pretty much answers this already:

Pick depending on what you need.

Divine Hammer = 2+ targets

Blade of Wrath = clearly single target

On 4/28/2017 at 7:01 PM, Guest Bhope said:

Divine Hammer = 2+ targets

Blade of Wrath = clearly single target

Exactly.

Guest Krazyposts

Is there some sort of mistake on the trinket list? it's stating that Eye of Command is better than EoC+Karazhan Chest Combo and I find that supicious.

1 hour ago, Guest Krazyposts said:

Is there some sort of mistake on the trinket list? it's stating that Eye of Command is better than EoC+Karazhan Chest Combo and I find that supicious.

yea, a code error. will get fixed asap

Guest StumpJumper

Quick Question on gear (Legendary) 

You state the Burning Wish is the BiS trinket, but it's not in the top 6 of Legendary's to use.

I have helm, shoulders, ring, and trinket and I use Shoulders and Ring.

Is this still accurate?

Thanks.  

Guest Somereti
On 5/15/2017 at 11:19 AM, Guest StumpJumper said:

Quick Question on gear (Legendary) 

You state the Burning Wish is the BiS trinket, but it's not in the top 6 of Legendary's to use.

I have helm, shoulders, ring, and trinket and I use Shoulders and Ring.

Is this still accurate?

Thanks.  

sim your self to know which legendary is the best for you.

On 5/15/2017 at 8:19 AM, Guest StumpJumper said:

This is in comparison to other trinkets, rather than other legendaries. Simming is your best bet, as suggested.

On 5/16/2017 at 11:45 AM, Guest Somereti said:

sim your self to know which legendary is the best for you.

Thanks for helping to answer :)

Guest Shishikyu

So the trinket BiS list says:

#2 = Faulty Countermeasure

#4 = Convergence of Fates

#7 = Draught of Souls

#10 = Entwined Elemental Foci

That's a difference of 8 positions between Faulty and Entwined. Now I have all of the above trinkets myself.

Faulty = 895
CoF = 905
DoS = 920
Entwined = 905

You'd expect for single target, a combi of Faulty + CoF or Faulty + DoS or Faulty + Entwined would be the most dps output for me, right? 

Well... wrong.

I get the most single target dps with #4 CoF + #10 Entwined Elemental Foci. What? I can understand my Draught of Souls ,even if it's 920 itemlevel performs worse because I have both BiS legendaries equipped, and they are a bad combination with Draught. But why is my 895 Faulty giving 7k less dps on sims than my Entwined Elemental Foci ? (without using Convergence so timing isn't messed up).

What is the experience of other Ret's on these trinkets with similar itemlevel ranges? Because it looks to me like this site, or atleast the Retribution trinket gear section, is out of date. Entwined Elemental Foci sims for a LOT more than Faulty with only 10 itemlevel difference.

My full gear & stats: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/shishikyu

1 hour ago, Guest Shishikyu said:

What is the experience of other Ret's on these trinkets with similar itemlevel ranges? Because it looks to me like this site, or atleast the Retribution trinket gear section, is out of date. Entwined Elemental Foci sims for a LOT more than Faulty with only 10 itemlevel difference.

From what I remember, the ST rankings show EEF being about 2k DPS lower than the Faulty - for AoE, EEF absolutely destroys Faulty. Is it possible you've simmed a 3-target scenario? Could you show me the results of your sim as well? I'd quite like to just look through them,

3 hours ago, Guest Shishikyu said:

So the trinket BiS list says:

#2 = Faulty Countermeasure

#4 = Convergence of Fates

#7 = Draught of Souls

#10 = Entwined Elemental Foci

That's a difference of 8 positions between Faulty and Entwined. Now I have all of the above trinkets myself.

Faulty = 895
CoF = 905
DoS = 920
Entwined = 905

You'd expect for single target, a combi of Faulty + CoF or Faulty + DoS or Faulty + Entwined would be the most dps output for me, right? 

Well... wrong.

I get the most single target dps with #4 CoF + #10 Entwined Elemental Foci. What? I can understand my Draught of Souls ,even if it's 920 itemlevel performs worse because I have both BiS legendaries equipped, and they are a bad combination with Draught. But why is my 895 Faulty giving 7k less dps on sims than my Entwined Elemental Foci ? (without using Convergence so timing isn't messed up).

My full gear & stats: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/shishikyu

God bless, you know that sim results is different from every character to character what is good for yours wont be good for others.
+

there is a detailed list of the trinkets that goes in depth to all situations from st to add fights and basically digs deep in it if you looked down just right under the list :).
http://thesilverhand.net/all/trinket-analysis/

Edited by Farion
  • Like 2

Guest Shishikyu
21 hours ago, Farion said:

God bless, you know that sim results is different from every character to character what is good for yours wont be good for others.
+

there is a detailed list of the trinkets that goes in depth to all situations from st to add fights and basically digs deep in it if you looked down just right under the list :).
http://thesilverhand.net/all/trinket-analysis/

I have read that whole post, hence my post here. Please point me the section to look at then because I seem to miss your point... From the data on icy-veins and on thesilverhand I am led to believe a 895 Faulty would destroy a 905 Entwined on Single Target. 

23 hours ago, Blainie said:

From what I remember, the ST rankings show EEF being about 2k DPS lower than the Faulty - for AoE, EEF absolutely destroys Faulty. Is it possible you've simmed a 3-target scenario? Could you show me the results of your sim as well? I'd quite like to just look through them,

Sure!

SimulationCraft 725-01
for World of Warcraft 7.2.5 Live (wow build level 24287, git build 8e93b67)
Iterations: 30003  | Fight Length: 450 | Fight Style: Patchwerk

(For all three sims)

1: Entwined + CoF: Shishikyu : 893312 dps. 
TXT File: https://pastebin.com/zuAQNXru  
HTML Output: https://file.io/x8h5k6 

2. Faulty + CoF: Shishikyu : 883787 dps.
TXT File: https://pastebin.com/L0Whv9J1 
HTML Output: https://file.io/J5ay3Z 

3. Faulty + Entwined: Shishikyu : 881027 dps.
TXT File: https://pastebin.com/56LtcdkC 
HTML Output: https://file.io/PP0RiN 

As we can see, with a mere 10 ilvl difference, Entwined does a 10.000 dps (10k) more than my Faulty on ST.