FORUMS
Damien

Destruction Warlock 7.3

20 hours ago, Tarabotti said:

What do you think about it?

For both questions, you can find the most accurate answer for your character here: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot

It will tell you which trinkets perform better for what you have, as well as giving you stat weights for your character :)

Guest Wyr3d

Tier 2 Talents

Reverse Entropy now boosts Chaos Bolt and Rain of Fire damage by 10%, not 5% as of June 2017 (was 8% for a short time before they upped it) Given that this is a static boost (no timer), it should make this talent at least on par with the other two (+15% dam for 7 secs; and +10% for 20 secs) if not the better choice, given rate of fire.

Guest Argonil

I'm using t20 2 set and t21 4 set as destro, with Feretory and Soul of the Netherlord as leggys. This means my stat prio is Haste >= Crit, giving me insane ember generation from 40% haste and the 2 sets. With that I can easily have 100% uptime on Eradication, making Soul of the Netherlord a clear winner for single target. However, I'm still not completely reassured that I won't end up having to go back to t20 4 set and start the painful process of gearing Mastery again. I hoped you could shed some light on what is best:
T20 4 set and T21 2 set, Mastery/haste focused. (4x 925* pieces, 2x 960 pieces)
T20 2 set and T21 4 set, Haste/crit focused. (2x 925* pieces, 4x 960 pieces)

*T20 pieces count as iLvl 925 to make up for probably not getting mythic shoulders from Avatar.

Hello guys!

Can you help me, why should I choose +200 haste gem instead of intellect? Intellect is the no1 stat, haste is just the second one. Maybe at higher ilevel, the haste is more important because of the generation of sould shards? Or why?
Thanks!

On 12/26/2017 at 5:30 PM, Guest Wyr3d said:

Tier 2 Talents

Reverse Entropy now boosts Chaos Bolt and Rain of Fire damage by 10%, not 5% as of June 2017 (was 8% for a short time before they upped it) Given that this is a static boost (no timer), it should make this talent at least on par with the other two (+15% dam for 7 secs; and +10% for 20 secs) if not the better choice, given rate of fire.

The text needs to be updated and I've let Furty know, but the talent is still worse than the other two. The evaluation was done with live numbers. The only fight you'll ever touch RE on is Eonar, and only outside of Mythic. 

On 12/26/2017 at 6:05 PM, Guest Argonil said:

I'm using t20 2 set and t21 4 set as destro, with Feretory and Soul of the Netherlord as leggys. This means my stat prio is Haste >= Crit, giving me insane ember generation from 40% haste and the 2 sets. With that I can easily have 100% uptime on Eradication, making Soul of the Netherlord a clear winner for single target. However, I'm still not completely reassured that I won't end up having to go back to t20 4 set and start the painful process of gearing Mastery again. I hoped you could shed some light on what is best:
T20 4 set and T21 2 set, Mastery/haste focused. (4x 925* pieces, 2x 960 pieces)
T20 2 set and T21 4 set, Haste/crit focused. (2x 925* pieces, 4x 960 pieces)

*T20 pieces count as iLvl 925 to make up for probably not getting mythic shoulders from Avatar.

AFAIK, T21 4-set will continue to outclass T20.

18 hours ago, proria23 said:

Ok, I get it, the intellect is unique equipped :)

Sorry I didn't catch that earlier, but I'm glad you figured it out!

Guest Le_Goret
On 28/12/2017 at 4:44 PM, Blainie said:
On 27/12/2017 at 10:36 PM, proria23 said:

Ok, I get it, the intellect is unique equipped :)

Sorry I didn't catch that earlier, but I'm glad you figured it out!

Well i don't figure it out, can you explain why you would pick a less weighted stat on a gem slot? 

On 1/16/2018 at 5:26 PM, Guest Le_Goret said:

Well i don't figure it out, can you explain why you would pick a less weighted stat on a gem slot? 

So, for +200 Haste, it is clearly better than +200 Intellect in almost every single comparison because of Haste having a higher stat weight, right? 

In order for the +150 Haste gem to be better than the +200 Intellect, you'd need a Haste stat weight of higher than 1.33 against an Intellect stat weight of 1. This (normally) isn't the case, but you can be certain for your character if you sim your stat weights using RaidBots.

Hope this helps clear it up a bit :)

Guest Le_Goret

Well i'm not @ home and i disconnected in Affli, but with a rapid stat weight on RaidBot, here is what i obtain :

Mastery  39.51
Haste    37.72
Crit     35.68
Vers     29.58
Int      22.21

I assume that in destro, the order and the weght will be slightly diferent, but gosh, intellect is so for behind.... 

With this sims the +150 versa gems is just a bit sworse than the unique +200 intellect (and that's a thing!)...

I'll retry with my destro play (which i main) later but i can't figure out when u will prefer a gem +200 intellect instead a +200 haste.

PS you can check by yourself on my profile, legoret -sinstralis (EU) (~960ilvl)

Well, i simmed my char in destro Spec, that's even worse for intellect gems^^ :

Haste    38.58

Crit    35.21

Vers    34.23

Mastery    32.94

Int     23.77

On 1/18/2018 at 6:29 PM, LeGoret said:

Well, i simmed my char in destro Spec, that's even worse for intellect gems^^ :

Haste    38.58

Crit    35.21

Vers    34.23

Mastery    32.94

Int     23.77

As the amount of intellect you have from your gear increases (read: as item level increases), it becomes less valuable. I'll ask Furty to put in a note.

On 2/10/2018 at 6:47 AM, DefaultGamer1101 said:

Quick question, why do you have the boots from Aggramar listed as BiS when they give Haste and Mastery but the boots from Portal Keeper give Crit and Haste when Crit is above mastery in value?

Because stats aren't linear/static in their relationships with DPS. While Crit > Mastery might be true in a general scenario, the H/M boots might be better while simming with the gear set that is there. It's why BiS lists are so difficult to create now. The boots are best in slot if you have every other piece as we list it, in each slot, without any massive titanforging happening. 

This may not be true if your gear is different, however. The BiS list shows the highest possible DPS output with gear from Antorus.

Heya,

I know the overall guide is a bit outdated, but in the opening sequence, can't we cast another LifeTap (if it is empowered by the talent) before the pull to benefit from pandemic (that's a small gain, I agree ^^")

On 22.3.2018 at 10:57 AM, LeGoret said:

Heya,

I know the overall guide is a bit outdated, but in the opening sequence, can't we cast another LifeTap (if it is empowered by the talent) before the pull to benefit from pandemic (that's a small gain, I agree ^^")

You can, yeah, it won't make a difference if you need to tap again just after the pull, but there's no reason not to. It's an extra 5s.

This guide will be updated for the release of the pre-patch of Battle for Azeroth in the next few days. We are aiming to have every guide deployed prior to the patch going live.

Please note that a new feedback thread will be created for the new guide, meaning that this one will be archived. Any feedback you have for the new guide should be placed in the new comment thread.

Thank you all for your patience and we are working to get the new guides up as soon as possible.