FORUMS
Damien

Unholy Death Knight 7.3

18 hours ago, Guest Jürgen said:

Is this not only the case, when you have the legendary shoulders? I dont see that Dark Transformation buffs, or what does  "..so that all pets are buffed by it"  exactly mean?

Yeah, this was pointed out above - I've reported it to the writer to fix. Thanks for coming by to let us know!

hey all

may be I've missed it in previous comments. My question is where in the unholy prio list is the sudden doom procc ranked ?

Death coil to avoid capping RP is last spot thats ok but when shoud I use sudden doom procced death coils ?

greets

On 9/22/2017 at 9:57 AM, Raka said:

hey all

may be I've missed it in previous comments. My question is where in the unholy prio list is the sudden doom procc ranked ?

Death coil to avoid capping RP is last spot thats ok but when shoud I use sudden doom procced death coils ?

Asking writer - will let you know.

Hey me again,

I recently got the Death March legendary helmet (have no other / better). shall I use DnD (Defile) on singletarget too with it and if yes is Defile better then with mastery stacks and with which priority ? :)

greets

On 9/30/2017 at 5:54 PM, Raka said:

Hey me again,

I recently got the Death March legendary helmet (have no other / better). shall I use DnD (Defile) on singletarget too with it and if yes is Defile better then with mastery stacks and with which priority ? :)

greets

Run Defile with it, use it on ST, yes. For stats, just use RaidBots to check after equipped helm/defile:

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/stats

thanks, I simed myself with it and mastery goes up and through the roof :)

• Like 1

On 10/2/2017 at 2:59 PM, Raka said:

thanks, I simed myself with it and mastery goes up and through the roof :)

Glad to have helped! :)

Guest Exathine

Would argue that the recommended macro here be:

#showtooltip
/use 13
/use 14
/cast Dark Arbiter

Just for present and future proofing any trinkets that scale with Dark Arbiter.

On 11/3/2017 at 4:18 AM, Guest Exathine said:

Just for present and future proofing any trinkets that scale with Dark Arbiter.

Can certainly ask for it to be added.

The thing is that there is no change with Antorus and the new set. The talents to go are exactly the same, and the new set doesn't change the way you play. So I'm not sure any further update is required to the guide.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2017 at 6:09 PM, Muzgu said:

didnt like to push anyone but is there any update coming to this guide for patch 7.3.2 and antorus t21 set? :)

As Fael has said above, nothing really changes. We've put in that the tier bonuses are worth going for, as well as the best legendaries with it, but I can't see much else that needs to be fixed.

11 minutes ago, Guest Damn said:

Guys which trinkets do u prefer for T21???

It all depends on what you have available and what item level they are at. As a general guide, Memento of Angerboda, Khaz'goroth's Courage, Seeping Scourgewing, Arcanocrystal, Eye of Command, Cradle of Anguish are all very solid on ST. For AoE, Umbral Moonglaives is great, as are stat sticks.

Again, this all depends on the item level of the trinkets, though. Use RaidBots to check which ones are best out of what you have. 

Guest Glisters

Hi,

where is Lash of Shadows ranked at relic choice?

21 hours ago, Guest Glisters said:

Hi,

where is Lash of Shadows ranked at relic choice?

It is also worth approximately 3 item levels. I'll get the writer to add it.

3 hours ago, cubiccubed said:

So. With the 7.3.5 legendary recommendations update, im torn. Should I be using Soul of the Deathlord or Uraval, however you spell it. 

Are those the only ones you have? Other than Eonar, you'll use shoulders + chest on every boss. If you're comparing Deathlord to Uvanimor, then Deathlord is far superior.

Guest Strathaczar

Hey there,

I've been playing an Unholy DK as my main for the entirety of this expansion (also been maining a DK since Wrath Launched), and for 10 years, I'd say I have a decent idea as to how to play the DK.

Here's my dilemma. So, I usually use Ask Mr. Robot to see what my BiS items are, as well as my BiS stats to see where I'm at. Lately, just about every week I play, my stat priorities change constantly. Lately, I've been told to drop some Mastery for a TON of Crit. Granted I may need some crit rating, but from what I can tell I shouldn't sacrifice Mastery for it in just about any scenario.

The gear Mr. Robot recommends switches on me constantly as well. When I first stepped foot into Antorus, I had a ton of recommendations for Legendaries, and the gear I should be acquiring, gems/chants, etc. So, I made a list of it so I wouldn't have to constantly flip back and forth during raid to see if the item that dropped is BiS. Then, at the end of the week, I'd update the profile, and gear would change. First it recommended a TON of Haste, even though I had hit the soft cap of 26%. Then it went back to Mastery, and now it's recommending dropping a TON of Mastery for Crit rating. I was even given the trinket off of Varimathras as one of my BiS trinkets, and that changed to the one off the Felhounds (if I remember correctly).

The legendaries would also change to Soul of the Deathlord instead of the shoulders, then it changed back to the shoulders and chest the next day. Then it recommended only the 2 piece set bonus... then the 4 piece...

I've been using Mr. Robot for years now and have NEVER encountered a situation where the gear changed so dramatically over the course of 1 month of playing. It used to be very stable in what you should choose for your equipment slots with only a few stragglers here and there. I'm just curious as to if I should stick with the original plan of going for the Haste/Mastery gear, Mr. Robot be damned (especially since there's no definitive gear list other than legendaries in the BiS list in the article)? I also would like to know if you may have heard if Mr. Robot is broke, or if it's just not reliable anymore, as I want to make sure I'm spending my seals correctly and using my EPGP points appropriately. Any answers would be greatly appreciated in this situation.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hey,

I've been experiencing a bit of the same thing through raidbots. I wonder if there are issues with the simcraft templates, which I think in the end are used by every similar tool.

Anyway my personal testing made me think that regardless of the changing information you can see anywhere, going Mastery (as much as you can), Haste (26%), Crit (20%) is still the best way to go.

Same thing with the leggos, Chest + Shoulders are still the best combo in Mono.

Regarding the trinkets, I'm going with the one of Argus and an Arcano (890). That's works pretty well if you look at my rankings.

Though, I'd like to understand what's been going on too :).

On 1/22/2018 at 6:55 PM, Guest Strathaczar said:

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Did you change your gear between these sims? Are you running stat weight sims or gear comparison ones?

If you want as accurate of a sim as possible, run a gear comparison sim on RaidBots. From what I have seen in comments here, the largest number of conflicts with general information seems to come from the sim templates that are run on AMR vs. those that are run on SimC (and RB, since it uses SimC).

Don't bother running stat weight sims unless you don't care about the accuracy beyond changing it by one point. Compare different sets of gear, see which one performs best and then go with that. 

The issues that you are @Faelosia are seeing is based on the unbelievable amount of fluctuation UH sees compared to other classes in its weights. Haste "technically" has breaks at 3%, 8% (minor), 11%, 16% (minor), 21%, 26% (minor), 31%, 39%, 49% and so on. Between these break points, not only does the amount it increases by vary wildly, but its weight in comparison to all other stats is as fluid as a crypto-currency market. It can go from being the lowest weight by a decent margin (even below Str), to being almost 1.5 times the weight of Mastery when it peaks at 39%. 

Due to this, as you change your Haste levels, the actual weights, and therefore BiS sims, are going to be absolutely wild in trying to calculate things. Sims that look for weights that aren't properly monitored will just keep seeking these undesirable, high weight/high dedication breakpoints. I'd recommend just running gear sims of potential upgrades and see if they actually end up beating out your current items or not. RaidBots is pretty easy to run mass-comparison sims on.

Guest Munashiimaru

I'm not really savvy with simulations but was wondering what one should do when there's a bunch of conflicting priorities.

One wants to keep Unholy frenzy up correct?   I assume ignoring all other contingencies (capping runic/having extra runes/ect) one wants to alternate between death coil/festering strike/plague (as is best in the rotation) and scourge strike to lengthen out the duration of the buff, but when one has to choose between capping runic power/sudden dooms or letting it drop, which is better?  If I'm at 2 sudden dooms and close to capping runic should I do 3-4 deathcoils in a row to uncap or is doing something like 2 or 3 dcs and one scourge strike until uncapped better?    Similarly if you're both close to capping runic power/having double sudden dooms and having over 3 runes open which is the priority to burn?

If I have over 4 festering wounds but I'm closing in on having over 3 runes open, is it better to go ahead and festering strike anyway to burn extra runes?  On a similar note if using festering strike while at three runes will lead to an extra death coil or two during DA (with leggo shoulders) is it better to do that over using 2 scourge strikes?

If I'm stuck at 4 or 5 stacks of festering and waiting for more is going to grind my rotation to a halt, is it better to go ahead and use apocalypse or should one absolutely wait for 6 stacks.  Similarly, if I'm at 5 stacks of festering and have 2+ runes open, should I festering again to get apocalypse out quicker or scourge strike first to bring myself down and avoid potentially wasting one (bearing in mind I could be potentially capping runic power/sudden doom doing this)

Guest angelar

Is there some alternative to mRunes? Every DK guide lists it but it doesn't seem to work in 7.3 and I couldn't find any working fixes for it.

On 01/04/2018 at 10:36 PM, Guest Munashiimaru said:

I'm not really savvy with simulations but was wondering what one should do when there's a bunch of conflicting priorities.

Work your way down the priority listed here and it should help with the decision making: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/unholy-death-knight-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities

For example, 

On 01/04/2018 at 10:36 PM, Guest Munashiimaru said:

If I'm at 2 sudden dooms and close to capping runic should I do 3-4 deathcoils in a row to uncap or is doing something like 2 or 3 dcs and one scourge strike until uncapped better?    Similarly if you're both close to capping runic power/having double sudden dooms and having over 3 runes open which is the priority to burn?

In this case, I would use 3 DCs, assuming there is no situation about to happen that would require ranged attacks (moving to adds on Kin, slam on Garothi) and you can't melee. In that case, overcap and save them.

SD proc > Runes > RP as a general rule of thumb

On 17/04/2018 at 1:07 PM, Guest angelar said:

Is there some alternative to mRunes? Every DK guide lists it but it doesn't seem to work in 7.3 and I couldn't find any working fixes for it.

Trying using WeakAuras from wago.io - should be able to find one there.