Jump to content
FORUMS
Damien

Arms Warrior 7.3

Recommended Posts

Guest Vestuhal

I have a question: In the stat priority section it is suggested that haste >mastery. In the gem/enchant section it is recommended to 

go for mastery. Can you help me bringing some sense into this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Guest Vestuhal said:

I have a question: In the stat priority section it is suggested that haste >mastery. In the gem/enchant section it is recommended to 

go for mastery. Can you help me bringing some sense into this?

Should have been updated Haste but with Mastery enchant when Haste was found to be the dominant stat, will change that up now :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fervor of BattleFervor of Battle should be 30% increased damage, not 50%. I know you can't do anything about the tooltip but you could change the text to give the right information. 

Edited by Lophen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lophen said:

Fervor of BattleFervor of Battle should be 30% increased damage, not 50%. I know you can't do anything about the tooltip but you could change the text to give the right information. 

should be updated asap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, is Unending Hunger still bis for arms? It's not listed anywhere but it used to be the #1 trinket to get. I'm worried this thing I grinded for is now useless. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tank said:

Hi, is Unending Hunger still bis for arms? It's not listed anywhere but it used to be the #1 trinket to get. I'm worried this thing I grinded for is now useless. Thanks!

UH took a hit along with other RPPM trinkets, so it alongside Discordant Chorus are now much weaker than the alternatives from HFC and the other trinkets listed in the Gearing Up section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think (my warr have hfc's set) mortal combo is better than in for the kill talent, its like im spamming mortal strike, and if i/we choose in for the kill, it just when the enemy hp is 20% and if above that?

i think it just better mortal combo than in for the kill

and for dauntless(first talent), i think its better overpower than dauntless, cuz overpower has the same damage (or i think dealt more damage) like mortal strike, why i need dauntless when arms warrior now is not like before, its like unlimited rage.

Edited by Crystalystie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/07/2016 at 6:02 PM, Crystalystie said:

i think (my warr have hfc's set) mortal combo is better than in for the kill talent, its like im spamming mortal strike, and if i/we choose in for the kill, it just when the enemy hp is 20% and if above that?

i think it just better mortal combo than in for the kill

and for dauntless(first talent), i think its better overpower than dauntless, cuz overpower has the same damage (or i think dealt more damage) like mortal strike, why i need dauntless when arms warrior now is not like before, its like unlimited rage.

Mortal Combo struggles because you are getting a lot of resets and can effectively use MS very frequently without it (though there are fringe benefits of resets granting the full cooldown duration). In for the Kill however has a significant impact on the Execute phase which is crucial for Arms, smoothing out Rage gen which is a big problem during that period.

On Overpower, whilst it may deal relative damage, it's not contributing to Tactician and is too infrequent to be beneficial when you could be spending Rage in those GCDs generated through Dauntless to get CS/MS resets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guest scored said:

does Fervor of BattleFervor of Battle  make whirlwind better then slam as a rage dump

Yes, with Fervor you effectively remove Slam from the rotation and replace it with Whirlwind at all times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest silent serpent

with the recent buff to slam damage( 12%) is fervor of battle still worth it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06.08.2016 at 6:52 PM, wordup said:

Yes, with Fervor you effectively remove Slam from the rotation and replace it with Whirlwind at all times.

Nope, it doesn't effectively on single target. In Fact that Fevor adds only 30%, not 50%. It is simple math:

Slam 226% w.damage / 20 rage = 11,3% w.damage per rage

Whirlwind 183% w.damage + 30% = 237.9% / 25 rage = 9,5% w.damage per rage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/08/2016 at 11:06 AM, Howled said:

Nope, it doesn't effectively on single target. In Fact that Fevor adds only 30%, not 50%. It is simple math:

Slam 226% w.damage / 20 rage = 11,3% w.damage per rage

Whirlwind 183% w.damage + 30% = 237.9% / 25 rage = 9,5% w.damage per rage.

Actually, there is more going on here than just purely the simple math of damage per rage.

During most situations, you have more than enough Rage to sustain your rotation. By extension, Whirlwind condenses more damage into one Global so, whilst not more efficient, is still stronger for the purposes of dealing damage if Rage is not an issue. This is compounded further by Opportunity Strikes being the optimal talent at 100, which can trigger off each of the 3 Whirlwind hits, which is significantly better than the single hit that comes from Slam.

In short, they nerfed FoB so that on paper it looks weaker than Slam, but with other talent choices and effects considered, it's still the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Rokkz

With the HFC 4 set bonus does slam become the better option on single target fights?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Guest Rokkz said:

With the HFC 4 set bonus does slam become the better option on single target fights?

No, for the same reasons listed above with Whirlwind interactions through Opportunity Strikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Knightwolve

Sims are showing FR to be roughly 90k+ dps ahead of IftK in well itemized pre-raid gear. I'm perplexed that anything other than FR can be recommended in this tier even if it is considered more complex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Guest Knightwolve said:

Sims are showing FR to be roughly 90k+ dps ahead of IftK in well itemized pre-raid gear. I'm perplexed that anything other than FR can be recommended in this tier even if it is considered more complex.

Because recommending something significantly more difficult with no other option is often detrimental when this is intended to be a guide for everyone to get something out of. FR is very heavily recommended throughout the whole guide but not acknowledging that it is a significant alteration to playstyle for many not used to it is unfair given that it's supposed to be both an introduction and a summary.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Uruvsuurt

Did I read that correctly?  A Focused Rage based spec (as suggested in this guide) is 90k DPS more than In For The Kill?  While I understand that simulation numbers are base on perfect execution (which can differ in playing execution), that seems quite a substantial gap, and would lead people to believe that we really only have one choice in terms of a spec build, if we wish to raid at a decent level.

 

I personally don't like the FR style, and while not a top end raider, I do play in a guild that does mythic level content up to a certain level (5-7 out of 13 or 14, for example).  Maybe 90k dps is nothing in this new expansion, but a few weeks ago that gap would have left no discussion as to how to spec and play.

 

Wordup, your guides are awesome.  My comments are just more of shock rambling at this point, not any complaints/arguing vs your research.  Hopefully I am missing something here and I can play the second spec you suggested (Dungeons & Raids) as that is the one I have deemed easier to master.  I do swap out FoB for avatar, and then use slam, but they are similar play styles.

 

/sigh...again, thanks to you all for the help over the years.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Guest Uruvsuurt said:

Did I read that correctly?  A Focused Rage based spec (as suggested in this guide) is 90k DPS more than In For The Kill?  While I understand that simulation numbers are base on perfect execution (which can differ in playing execution), that seems quite a substantial gap, and would lead people to believe that we really only have one choice in terms of a spec build, if we wish to raid at a decent level.

 

I personally don't like the FR style, and while not a top end raider, I do play in a guild that does mythic level content up to a certain level (5-7 out of 13 or 14, for example).  Maybe 90k dps is nothing in this new expansion, but a few weeks ago that gap would have left no discussion as to how to spec and play.

 

Wordup, your guides are awesome.  My comments are just more of shock rambling at this point, not any complaints/arguing vs your research.  Hopefully I am missing something here and I can play the second spec you suggested (Dungeons & Raids) as that is the one I have deemed easier to master.  I do swap out FoB for avatar, and then use slam, but they are similar play styles.

 

/sigh...again, thanks to you all for the help over the years.

 

In a pure Single Target situation if executed perfectly, yes it is far superior. It is limited to Single Target and lower target situations in its effectiveness however, so it depends largely on the content you're aiming at. When it comes to doing Mythic you should already comfortable with all caveats of a spec so it would be almost mandatory to switch to a FR build if sticking with Arms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Random Internet Guy

The stat weights in the gear/best in slot section put mastery above strength, yet the gemming recommendation says to use a 200 strength gem and fill the rest with 250 mastery?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Guest Random Internet Guy said:

The stat weights in the gear/best in slot section put mastery above strength, yet the gemming recommendation says to use a 200 strength gem and fill the rest with 250 mastery?

The recommendations are for general use, in which the value of Strength is noticeably higher than Mastery which is a more ST oriented stat. I could definitely optimise those recommendations though so will look into it further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Spazzypanda

Sorry if this is stated in the guide, but could not find a definitive answer. When exactly are we casting fr? After every move in the rotation? Trying to get used to the advanced build out of the gate but it's still rather awkward so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest wtfsham

Why is there a shaman writing an Arms warrior guide? Can someone link his WARRIOR armory??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Quest Shaman deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Rank 1 Legend Highlander Hunter Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Charon's Top 100 Legend Fatigue Mage Deck.
    • By Stan
      It's time to find out what awaits us in Patch 8.2.5 which is now available for playtesting on Public Test Realms.
      Welcome to our Patch 8.2.5 content hub. We will be frequently updating it with links to our latest news coverage.
      Patch 8.2.5 Release Date Speculuation
      Based on the datamined Vulpera mug icon, it's safe to assume that the Allied Race will go live before next Brewfest, which is on or before September 20th.
      Allied Races
      While no Allied Races have been confirmed for Patch 8.2.5, we're speculating that Blizzard is adding Mechagnomes and the Vulpera of Vol'dun this time around.
      The Future of Allied Races Vulpera Coming in Patch 8.2.5 New Goblin and Worgen Models
      Blizzard is adding new models for both races introduced back in Cataclysm. Blizzard confirmed that there will be no Heritage Armor in 8.2.5.
      Goblin and Worgen Models Preview Celebrate 15 Years of Warcraft
      November 2019 marks the 15th anniversary of World of Warcraft, and players who log in during the event period will receive a celebration package in the mail with a Lil' Nefarian pet and other in-game goodies. Throughout the duration of the event, you’ll be able to participate in three unique raids with iconic encounters from past expansions along with an old-school-inspired Alterac Valley battleground. Players who defeat all nine bosses in the raid wings will receive the Obsidian Worldbreaker, a Black Dragonflight mount inspired by Deathwing. Players who participate in Alterac Valley will receive a new anniversary event currency which can be exchanged for two new mounts: the Stormpike Battle Charger (Alliance) and the Frostwolf Snarler (Horde).
      Obsidian Worldbreaker Mount Preview Frostwolf Snarler & Stormpike Battle Charger Mount Preview 15th Anniversary Alabaster Mounts Honeyback Harvester (Bee Mount)
      Alliance players will finally be able to get their hands on the long-awaited Bee mount (Honeyback Harvester)
      Where Is My Bee Mount? New Timewalking Raid: Firelands
      When Cataclysm Timewalking is active, max-level players will be able to form raid groups and enter the Sulfuron Spire once more. As with previous Timewalking raids (Black Temple, Ulduar), your gear and power are scaled to the challenge, and all the bosses and rewards you expect lie in wait.
      Party Sync
      Blizzard is experimenting with a new mode in the forthcoming patch that makes it easier for players in a party to do quests and play together: Party Sync. When players activate Party Sync, everyone in the party becomes aligned to the same quest state, including phases. By mousing over a quest in your tracker, you can see who is on the quest, what their progress is, and who’s ready to turn in the quest. There’s something else we’re going to try out on the PTR, a “replay” quest feature. This will allow players who have already completed certain quests to replay those quests with their friends for rewards that are appropriate to their current level, regardless of the original level of the quest.
      They're also relaxing level restrictions on queueing for instanced content with your friends. This allows lower-level players to queue for content in their level range, and higher-level players can choose to join them by having their level scaled down while they’re in the instance. This feature will be available for dungeon instances for PTR Week 1, with PvP instances being flagged in the following weeks. Please note that unlike Timewalking, when your level is scaled down via Party Sync you will temporarily lose access to abilities and powers (such as Azerite traits) with requirements that exceed your reduced level.
      Recruit A Friend Returns
      Coming in 8.2.5 is a revamped Recruit A Friend system. If you have active game time you’ll be able to recruit your friends—both brand-new to the game and returning champions—to share in your adventures. To do so, you’ll be able to use a new URL generation tool to create a custom link to give to your friends. By following the link, you’ll be connected to each other and will be able to see if they have purchased game time, resulting in rewards for you! For each month your recruits have active game time, you’ll earn a new reward such as unique pets, mounts, game time and more. These rewards unlock per month and scale with how many months your recruits have subscribed for. And, of course, with Party Sync you’ll be able to journey with your friends on any of your characters. We’ll have more information about Recruit A Friend rewards before 8.2.5 release.
      Recruit-a-Friend Mount Preview: Explorer's Dunetrekker The Story Continues...
      We datamined new models for Wrathion, Valeera, Zekhan, and Calia Menethil in 8.2.5 Build 31337. Wrathion is part of the story in the new patch and he's involved in a Karazhan Scenario and we also found a new Hearthstone Tavern in the game.
      Phone Login
      Do you guys not have phones? In Patch 8.2.5, you can use your phone to log into the game.
      Log In to World of Warcraft with Your Phone Battle Pets
      New butterfly pets and the anniversary battle pet Lil' Nefarian await in 8.2.5!
      All Patch 8.2.5 Battle Pets Build Highlights
      In the following section, you'll find a summary of what's been added in the latest 8.2.5 PTR builds.
      Patch 8.2.5 Build 31521: Highlights Patch 8.2.5 Build 31401: Highlights Patch 8.2.5 Build 31337: Highlights Patch 8.2.5 Build 31337: New Creature Models Patch 8.2.5: Initial Development Notes Important 8.2.5 information, all in one place!
    • By Stan
      Sadly, there will be no Heritage Armor added in Patch 8.2.5.
      Both Goblins and the Worgen received new models in Patch 8.2.5, but Blizzard today confirmed that they were no plans for any Heritage Armor questlines, even though the latest MMORPG.com interview claims the direct opposite.
      Blizzard (Source)
      So according to the interview with Morgan Day and Shani Edwards on MMORPG dot com, it was mentioned that the heritage armor sets for worgen and goblins will be landing at the same time as the model upgrades.
      I lack the posting count to have permission to include links in my posts but the article on there is titled “New World of Warcraft 8.2 Info: Tyrande, Sylvanas, Customization, OH MY!” for those who want to go have a look themselves. Here’s a quote, though:
      "Goblin and Worgen fans will be pleased to hear that the long-awaited model update for each will be arriving in a future content patch.
      “Shortly after Rise of Azshara, you’ll see that,” Morgan explained. “These are the two races that haven’t been updated. They’ll have new heritage armor with that as well.”
      Is this still going to be the case? I ask because there was no mention of this in the development notes for the 8.2.5 PTR. Can we get some blue confirmation as to whether or not those plans have changed?
      Hello.
      I can confirm that 8.2.5 does not include any new Heritage Armor questlines
×
×
  • Create New...