FORUMS
Damien

Arms Warrior 7.3

Compare your log and other logs. You have to look at others that have done better than you. See if they're prioritizing certain spells differently. Warcraftlogs give you a timeline breakdown, I'm not sure about worldoflogs though. 

On 12/28/2016 at 0:53 PM, Guest Oguz said:

BAD BAD BAD

I'm not really sure what you're linking or the point you're making?

22 hours ago, Guest Mikey D said:

I'm bigmikeyd. I'm having a lot of trouble doing damage.

This thread is mainly for feedback on the guide itself. If you're looking for log help, I'd suggest posting it in the Warrior-specific class forum that we have.

The guides are currently being updated for 7.1.5! I just wanted to leave a few notes for all of our users that might be getting ready to leave a comment:

• Some pages do not require updates. The "Last Updated" stat does not mean the page is out of date, it might just not have needed any changes. If you feel that it does, leave a comment telling us what needs changing and why.
  • The process will not happen immediately - some guides will be updated faster than others simply due to the number of resources available. Be patient, they'll be ready when you need them!
  • There might be some continuity errors when making small adjustments to large guide pages. If you do find one of these, just let us know in the comments and we'll get it fixed ASAP.
  • "Why have you not taken into account X buff to X ability?" - remember, just because something got buffed, it doesn't mean it is now automatically better than the other options!

As always, we want to thank you all for being patient while we get things updated and I'm always available to help you all if you need it :)

Guest Ofunearth

You should mention that while Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus is meant as a survival tool, the sheer amount of secondary stats on it now (7.15) essentially put it on par with a stat stick trinket. In other words, it is a "good" legendary now, even for raiding. Probably better than the legs.

1 hour ago, Guest Ofunearth said:

You should mention that while Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus is meant as a survival tool, the sheer amount of secondary stats on it now (7.15) essentially put it on par with a stat stick trinket. In other words, it is a "good" legendary now, even for raiding. Probably better than the legs.

Will ask for a review of this.

Would like to add that  Spontaneous Appendages  has been ninja-nerfed by Blizzard. Basically the damage the proc does has dropped from 6-7% of overall dmg to 2-3%. Information for this is all over mmochampion forums for both arms warriors and enhancement shamans (supposedly BiS for both).

Please update BiS list to reflect this when you have the sims/information to provide a proper analysis.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Ofunearth said:

Would like to add that  Spontaneous Appendages  has been ninja-nerfed by Blizzard. Basically the damage the proc does has dropped from 6-7% of overall dmg to 2-3%. Information for this is all over mmochampion forums for both arms warriors and enhancement shamans (supposedly BiS for both).

Please update BiS list to reflect this when you have the sims/information to provide a proper analysis.

Thanks!

I've put in a note to Wordup, we'll get it looked into and updated ASAP.

Guest wsuhoey

In the "Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities" section of the guide...

in the "2. Multiple-Target Rotation" sub-section, it's stated:

Against multiple targets, Arms favours using Cleave Icon Cleave to empower Whirlwind Icon Whirlwind in place of Single Target filler skills.

Similarly, in the "1.1. Single Target" sub-section, it's stated:

If Fervor of Battle Icon Fervor of Battle is talented, replace Slam Icon Slam with Whirlwind Icon Whirlwind at all times

When fighting a single target, is it ever a DPS gain (is it worth it) to use Cleave to empower Whirlwind for a single target filler when Fervor of Battle is talented?

I'm trying to determine if it's worth adding Cleave prior to Whirlwind (on single target, in place of Slam) since Cleave buffs Whirlwind, or if it's a DPS loss due timings.

19 hours ago, Guest wsuhoey said:

I'm trying to determine if it's worth adding Cleave prior to Whirlwind (on single target, in place of Slam) since Cleave buffs Whirlwind, or if it's a DPS loss due timings.

No, it's not worth it.

Guest Broxigar

Thanks for the excellent  guide. I see though that in the talents discussion that the Shockwave duration has not been updated for 7.1.5 "and stuns them for 4 seconds". This was changed to 3 seconds.

On 1/18/2017 at 8:28 AM, Guest Broxigar said:

Thanks for the excellent  guide. I see though that in the talents discussion that the Shockwave duration has not been updated for 7.1.5 "and stuns them for 4 seconds". This was changed to 3 seconds.

Thanks for the heads up! Will get it updated :)

Guest Bodandly

Thank you for the excellent guide! With the recent hotfix to Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish it does now scale with tactician. As opposed to before where it didn't scale with any secondary effects.

13 hours ago, Guest Bodandly said:

Thank you for the excellent guide! With the recent hotfix to Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish it does now scale with tactician. As opposed to before where it didn't scale with any secondary effects.

Thanks for the heads up! Will get it updated.

Guest Kaelath

I've run simc for my character multiple times now and every single time I never get mastery>haste. I have no legendary items and i'm running Spontaneous Appendages (840) and Claw of the Crystalline Scorpid (855)

Mastery > Str ~= Crit > Haste > Vers   212893 dps Deadly Calm

Mastery ~= Crit > Str > Haste > Vers   218937 dps Trauma

Mastery > Str ~= Crit > Haste > Vers   221885 dps Titanic Might

every time I've tested it's come out with titanic might being the highest dps and always telling me to stack mastery/crit.

Is this what I should be listening to or should I keep going for mastery/haste? Because I honesty feel like somethings wrong here with simc wanting me to have pretty no attack speed.

7 hours ago, Guest Kaelath said:

Is this what I should be listening to or should I keep going for mastery/haste? Because I honesty feel like somethings wrong here with simc wanting me to have pretty no attack speed.

Something does seem wrong on the talents - TM is about a 100K DPS loss on single target for me against Deadly Calm, so I'm not sure if you have the sim set to multiple targets or something.

As for the stats, it doesn't mean you should have 0 Haste. You should sim your character after every gear change, because it will keep changing. If you get some more Mastery or Crit, it might throw Haste up to the top. The stat priority will never stay the same always, because your stat levels always change.

13 hours ago, Blainie said:

Something does seem wrong on the talents - TM is about a 100K DPS loss on single target for me against Deadly Calm, so I'm not sure if you have the sim set to multiple targets or something.

As for the stats, it doesn't mean you should have 0 Haste. You should sim your character after every gear change, because it will keep changing. If you get some more Mastery or Crit, it might throw Haste up to the top. The stat priority will never stay the same always, because your stat levels always change.

The only difference in my talents is i'm running mortal combo instead of the other two because it's been more helpful in long term fights for me and i'm running default sim settings.

simc talents.jpg

35 minutes ago, Kaelath said:

The only difference in my talents is i'm running mortal combo instead of the other two because it's been more helpful in long term fights for me and i'm running default sim settings.

Just judging by the header of your options, I think you're using an outdated version of SimC. You have 715-01, I have 715-02. Try updating that perhaps?

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

Just judging by the header of your options, I think you're using an outdated version of SimC. You have 715-01, I have 715-02. Try updating that perhaps?

Updated to todays 715-02 version and using the guides talent setup

Mastery > Str ~= Crit ~= Haste > Vers     For the kill/Deadly Calm  - 229844 dps
Mastery > Str ~= Crit > Haste > Vers       For the Kill/Trauma          - 239886 dps
Mastery > Str > Crit > Haste > Vers         For the Kill/Titanic Might - 241705 dps

I even went as far as using the Warrior_Arms_T19M_NH.simc import to double check based off mythic set gear

Crit > Mastery > Haste > Vers > Str      For the kill/Deadly Calm  - 509576 dps

Crit > Mastery > Haste > Vers > Str      For the kill/Trauma           - 533164 dps

Mastery > Crit > Haste > Vers > Str      For the kill/ Titanic Might - 537864 dps

Edited by Kaelath

On 2/3/2017 at 10:39 PM, Kaelath said:

Updated to todays 715-02 version and using the guides talent setup

Just realised why you are getting TM as your best talent. From the guide:

Titanic Might Icon Titanic Might has some good applications on 2-3 targets as it allows you to maintain Colossus Smash Icon Colossus Smash on them all at once, and is a good option if not taking Focused Rage Icon Focused Rage and the build tied to it.

You're using In For the Kill, which does make TM the best option.

Yeah, I've neen sim testing every piece I get and until 2hrs ago it was master/crit until it dropped me to 5% haste now it's demanding haste/mastery  also oddly enough now that I got my 940 leg pants Titanic Might falls behind Trauma by 2000dps

Edited by Kaelath

6 hours ago, Kaelath said:

Yeah, I've neen sim testing every piece I get and until 2hrs ago it was master/crit until it dropped me to 5% haste now it's demanding haste/mastery  also oddly enough now that I got my 940 leg pants Titanic Might falls behind Trauma by 2000dps

I'd follow your personal sims and stick to that, as long as the performance in game reflects those sims.

;-; Why does focus Rage build have to be the cookie cutter arms build it's literally 350,000dps higher than the more fun whirlwind build.

On 2/17/2017 at 9:23 PM, Kaelath said:

;-; Why does focus Rage build have to be the cookie cutter arms build it's literally 350,000dps higher than the more fun whirlwind build.

It sucks, but I imagine there are people that love the FR build!