FORUMS
Damien

Arms Warrior 7.3

On 10/11/2016 at 2:06 AM, Guest Kira said:

According to simcraft rotation rules simc uses slam if MS is on cooldown and FR only in Deadly Calm Phase. I changed simcraft rules to slam at 3 stacks of FR and to use FR if not at 3 stacks and get a 15k drop in results. Can anyone confirm that with Arms nerf Slam is the new replacement to spam instead of FR? If yes, please update this guide.

You're right there has been some changes to the APL recently I haven't accounted for, going to do a little research and speak to some people to see why it's been altered but I can understand the reasoning behind it.

Guest Lisonna
On 11/9/2016 at 8:06 PM, Guest Kira said:

According to simcraft rotation rules simc uses slam if MS is on cooldown and FR only in Deadly Calm Phase. I changed simcraft rules to slam at 3 stacks of FR and to use FR if not at 3 stacks and get a 15k drop in results. Can anyone confirm that with Arms nerf Slam is the new replacement to spam instead of FR? If yes, please update this guide.

To clarify, simC is saying to use Slam is MS is on cooldown, and to use FR only in Battle Cry? That seems like a pretty substantial difference and doesn't sound right, but maybe I'm misreading what you're saying (or maybe I'm not misreading and some overhauls are coming). 

---

As a side note, my simC results (Using version 710-02) continues to produce a stat priority with Haste at the top, even though I'm already at 23% haste (above the 20% breakpoint, which appears to not help me much because, due to latency, I still can't fit an extra global into BC. 

I've double and triple checked but can't find anything that's off about my spec before I Sim, but can't find anything off:

25k Iterations Haste Mastery Vers Str Crit
Scale Factors 19.19 14.58 10.13 8.88 7.97
Normalized 2.16 1.64 1.14 1.00 0.90
Scale Deltas 1138 1138 1138 1138 1138
Error 0.35 0.36 0.35 0.35 0.35

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightninghoof/Lisonna/advanced

Note that I am using a haste stat stick trinket. I have a worse Mastery stat stick trinket (ilvl 740 vs 770), but using the Mastery trinket drops simC output by about 10k dps.

Not sure if continuing to stack haste makes sense but if the sims point in that direction...

• Like 1

Guest Lisonna

Need to sign up so I can edit my posts >.> Will do that in the future but I wanted to note that my talents may reflect pvp/questing talents depending when you observe my armory, but my raiding talents don't deviate from this guide's suggestions. 

Re: rotation

The guide states to use Battle Cry as often as possible. However, it also says to stack as many cooldowns together as possible.

Say the situation is this: Battle Cry has come off cooldown, but CS still has ~20 seconds on it's cooldown, and worldbreaker is down. Should Battle Cry be used immediately or should you continue your single target rotation until you get a Tactician proc or either CS/WB come off cooldown?

2 hours ago, Lisonna said:

Re: rotation

The guide states to use Battle Cry as often as possible. However, it also says to stack as many cooldowns together as possible.

Say the situation is this: Battle Cry has come off cooldown, but CS still has ~20 seconds on it's cooldown, and worldbreaker is down. Should Battle Cry be used immediately or should you continue your single target rotation until you get a Tactician proc or either CS/WB come off cooldown?

This is arguably a fringe case, but the main goal of Battle Cry with the FR build is to trigger AM and get a surplus of Tactician procs that should ideally trigger CSmash so should be used as soon as available regardless of the state of CSmash. If you aren't using the FR/AM build then delaying to line up with CSmash is ideal. I'll look to clarify a bit better in the guide to make this more clear, thanks for the question!

• Like 1

On 13/11/2016 at 1:26 PM, Guest Lisonna said:

To clarify, simC is saying to use Slam is MS is on cooldown, and to use FR only in Battle Cry? That seems like a pretty substantial difference and doesn't sound right, but maybe I'm misreading what you're saying (or maybe I'm not misreading and some overhauls are coming). 

---

As a side note, my simC results (Using version 710-02) continues to produce a stat priority with Haste at the top, even though I'm already at 23% haste (above the 20% breakpoint, which appears to not help me much because, due to latency, I still can't fit an extra global into BC. 

I've double and triple checked but can't find anything that's off about my spec before I Sim, but can't find anything off:

25k Iterations Haste Mastery Vers Str Crit
Scale Factors 19.19 14.58 10.13 8.88 7.97
Normalized 2.16 1.64 1.14 1.00 0.90
Scale Deltas 1138 1138 1138 1138 1138
Error 0.35 0.36 0.35 0.35 0.35

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightninghoof/Lisonna/advanced

Note that I am using a haste stat stick trinket. I have a worse Mastery stat stick trinket (ilvl 740 vs 770), but using the Mastery trinket drops simC output by about 10k dps.

Not sure if continuing to stack haste makes sense but if the sims point in that direction...

Stat Weights when it comes to Haste are questionable. You should always be looking to do a reforge plot of your stats to see if you are exceptionally close to the breakpoint for an additional GCD in Battle Cry (which if you are, will push Haste far and above anything else until you reach it). SimC generally weights toward Haste until you reach the realistic breakpoint of 25%~ so that will impact you.

To clarify on the SimC build, it's currently using FR once after each Shattered Defenses proc, and spamming it during Battle Cry, whilst trying to use any surplus rage on Slam to trigger more Tactician resets.

5 minutes ago, wordup said:

This is arguably a fringe case, but the main goal of Battle Cry with the FR build is to trigger AM and get a surplus of Tactician procs that should ideally trigger CSmash so should be used as soon as available regardless of the state of CSmash. If you aren't using the FR/AM build then delaying to line up with CSmash is ideal. I'll look to clarify a bit better in the guide to make this more clear, thanks for the question!

Thanks for the clarification. I am using FR/AM build so this will help, I've been holding off on BC for CSmash and I think it was negatively impacting my damage but I wasn't sure. If I'm reading this right it looks like SimC is using a 7 second threshold on the CD, so if there's less than 7 seconds it delays:

battle_cry,if=gcd.remains<0.25&(buff.shattered_defenses.up|cooldown.warbreaker.remains>7&cooldown.colossus_smash.remains>7|cooldown.colossus_smash.remains&debuff.colossus_smash.remains>gcd)|target.time_to_die<=5

Guest RopeDrink

Opinions:
IL850 Angerboda, vs 865 WQ Haste Trinket. Without the WQ Haste Trinket I'm down to 17% Haste. With it, over the 20% BC GCD cap.

I'm using the FoB Generic AoE build, not advanced one, if that makes much difference - and am only at 54% mastery either way. The alternative trinket I have is Chrono Shard.

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Guest RopeDrink said:

Opinions:
IL850 Angerboda, vs 865 WQ Haste Trinket. Without the WQ Haste Trinket I'm down to 17% Haste. With it, over the 20% BC GCD cap.

I'm using the FoB Generic AoE build, not advanced one, if that makes much difference - and am only at 54% mastery either way. The alternative trinket I have is Chrono Shard.

Thoughts?

If you're aiming for the haste breakpoint, chances are you need to go higher than 20%. 20% is the breakpoint assuming flawless reaction time and 0 latency. I wasn't able to comfortably fit the extra global into BC until around 26% haste due to my latency, so keep that in mind. 

Guest Trogath

Hey guys, just one question.

How much is the DPS difference between the FR rotation and Normal rotation?

Guest Trinkets

A trinket question:

835 spontaneus appendages, 865 natures call and a 855 wq  strength and haste with a prismatic socket. which 2 you would choose?

If i dont choose the spontaneus appen the mastery goes down around 5-6% :(

11 hours ago, Guest Trinkets said:

A trinket question:

835 spontaneus appendages, 865 natures call and a 855 wq  strength and haste with a prismatic socket. which 2 you would choose?

If i dont choose the spontaneus appen the mastery goes down around 5-6% :(

Appendages is worth keeping with the WQ trinket, the scaling with CSmash is a big deal and Nature's Call is a terrible trinket in all regards at the moment regardless of item level.

Guest trinkets
On 29/11/2016 at 5:30 AM, wordup said:

Appendages is worth keeping with the WQ trinket, the scaling with CSmash is a big deal and Nature's Call is a terrible trinket in all regards at the moment regardless of item level.

is the memento of angerboda 865 worth more than the 855 wq with prismatic?  or i keep with the wq one?

ty for the  answer ^^

Any thoughts on Rend or Titanic Might in 7.1.5?

• Rend Wounds the target, causing [ 5 + 108% of AP ] Bleed damage [ 108% of AP ] Bleed damage instantly and an additional [ 5 + 111.8% of AP over 15 sec. Arms Warrior - Level 45 Talent. 15 Rage. Melee range. Instant. 10 Rage. Melee range. Instant.
  • Titanic Might Increases the duration of Colossus Smash by 16 sec, but reduces its effectiveness by 20%. Arms Warrior - Level 90 Talent.

Interesting changes, though maybe we need to wait and see if anything else changes before considering.

If I'm reading that right Rend's DPR is approximately tripled (damage double, rage to 2/3 of original cost). 

I currently do have occasional Tactician droughts that kill my damage, even though I'm able to fill every global with a rage spender, just spamming slam for 30s without a proc and WB on cooldown, so Titanic might would help that if the above change remains in the build.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2123797-Patch-7-1-5-PTR-Build-23109-Spell-Changes?p=43533049&viewfull=1#post43533049

Edited by Lisonna

On 11/30/2016 at 2:38 PM, Guest trinkets said:

is the memento of angerboda 865 worth more than the 855 wq with prismatic?  or i keep with the wq one?

ty for the  answer ^^

Yes. 865 is worth more.

Guest LazyLiam

I don't think 'In for the kill' with 'Mortal Strike' gives you 40 rage at all, it refunds 20, and the cost is 20 , so this makes the skill free, no loss and no gain

6 hours ago, Guest LazyLiam said:

I don't think 'In for the kill' with 'Mortal Strike' gives you 40 rage at all, it refunds 20, and the cost is 20 , so this makes the skill free, no loss and no gain

Ah, that must be an oversight. It used to simply grant you 40 rage when used at sub-20%. There should be an update to it coming soon, I've notified the writer :)

Guest ArmsLover

I red some stuff here in the comments and in the guide that I think could be outdated and misleading. I used to play according to this guide but then I went on discord and I found this cool stuff: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e2yNSETe1RrFPe5upmuhGxi1-nF3wFyJYHGcgMlir0Y/edit?usp=sharing

I think author of this guide should read it through and try to improve this guide on Icy, which propably is still more popular than discord. Would be cool for all arms players to connect these two together to get the best advices :)

Guest Stats Priority

Could you guys please check the Stats Priority??

It mentions:

The stat priority for Arms Warrior is:

1. Mastery;
  2. Haste;
  3. Versatility;
  4. Strength;
  5. Critical Strike.

But after says the main stat is Strenght... so is it the main or 4th??

Tks ;)

On 12/21/2016 at 8:15 PM, Guest ArmsLover said:

I red some stuff here in the comments and in the guide that I think could be outdated and misleading.

What do you feel falls into this category? As far as I am aware, the writers do speak with theorycrafters from the community of each spec they write for, but if there are issues, as much information as possible helps! It means I can pass on specifics.

On 12/27/2016 at 0:34 AM, Guest Stats Priority said:

But after says the main stat is Strenght... so is it the main or 4th??

Main stats are not the same as secondary stats. The main stat for a spec means either Agility, Intellect or Strength, so one of the three primary stats. The rest are secondary stats. It is 4th in the priority.

Guest Mikey D

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackhand/Bigmikeyd/simple

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/galakrond/Kîrîn/simple

I'm bigmikeyd. I'm having a lot of trouble doing damage. I'm doing the rotation correctly. I've practiced it a lot.  My gear is decent. But my guildie Kirin always kills me in dmg. Last night for example we were on helya and he did at least 50k dps more than me. If you tell me that its just his higher weapon ilvl.....I guess I can live with that. but my mastery is waaaaaay higher than his. I don't understand. 

1 hour ago, Guest Mikey D said:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackhand/Bigmikeyd/simple

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/galakrond/Kîrîn/simple

I'm bigmikeyd. I'm having a lot of trouble doing damage. I'm doing the rotation correctly. I've practiced it a lot.  My gear is decent. But my guildie Kirin always kills me in dmg. Last night for example we were on helya and he did at least 50k dps more than me. If you tell me that its just his higher weapon ilvl.....I guess I can live with that. but my mastery is waaaaaay higher than his. I don't understand. 

If you want to compare and contrast your actual rotation (You say that you're doing it right, but one can never be certain), you'll want to compare to other logs. It's not necessarily about doing the right "rotation", but for example on Helya, knowing which enemies to attack and when. That is, did you blow all of your AOE cooldowns on the right adds? Did you attack the right enemies with the right abilities? That's not something you can study in this guide or even practice against a training dummy on. You need to practice those specific fights and know when the right times are to use your cooldowns to optimize damage. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/12#boss=2008&difficulty=3&class=Warrior&spec=Arms&bracket=18

Compare your fight to others in that list. Look at their timelines and see what abilities they used and when, you can even filter by which legendary they have equipped so you can compare against those similar to you. 

This goes above and beyond just studying an Icy-Veins guide, but I'm willing to bet this doesn't have to do with your weapon's ilvl, and likely has to do with your skill usage priority and specific mechanics in the fight (Kirin probably took advantage of aoe burst while stacking more his cooldowns). 

Also I highly doubt this will make up the difference, but you're using the wrong neck enchant. https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/arms-warrior-pve-dps-gems-enchants-consumables