Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hardluck57

New to Arcane; I Need Newb Help

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I recently came back into WoW during WoD having been absent since WotLK. I played Arcane in WotLK but switched to Frost because it was easier to understand in WoD. Just as I had gathered the appropriate gear and was working up my courage to play Arcane again the pre-Legion patch came out and I am lost.

I have read the guide on this site (why I knew to ask for help here) and I have my bar setup, but I am just not getting the results. I don't mean "my DPS should be higher" I mean, "It takes me forever to kill one thing." I feel like I'm pushing buttons at random and would like a little more description that the guide gives.

Below are some more specific points that would help, but anyone willing to elaborate on the guide would be very helpful.

1. I don't know what order to use the powers in. I know to wait for 4 charges, but I'm not sure how to get them without spending them or what moves to use while waiting to build before a burn.

2. I don't know how to setup my keybindings in order to make the most of my order. I play on a standard sized keyboard and use a gaming mouse with left click, right click, and six extra buttons I can bind.

If you need more info to help, tell me what you need and I'll post it as soon as I am able. This isn't a troll post or someone who hasn't read anything; I've been playing everyday since the new patch and have gone from mythic dungeons and normal raids to being afraid to do heroic dungeons. Please help me.

Hello!

I haven't played the pre-patch yet since I am on vacation, but I have been keeping track of all things Mage.

What I can tell you (and others can probably back me up) is that Arcane isn't a good option at the moment. Even in our guide, it is described as 'weak' by Furty. The only decent pre-patch Mage spec seems to be Fire.

Generally, all Mage specs might feel a bit weaker at the moment but remember this is just the pre-patch. Everything is going to change again once Legion goes live and we get our hands on our Artifacts.

Thanks so much for the reply!

So is Fire the way to go Pre-Legion then? I was Frost before, should I just switch back to that until Legion?

The big problem with arcane at the moment is, that your manareg isn't doing really well, so the conserve phase is horrible... Burst DMG on singletarget is still huge for arcane mages.

But as Zadina said, you should switch to fire for now to be competitive.

To answer your question anyways (hopefully I got it right) :

While conserving you should use your RoP if you got 2 stacks. If you got 3 missiles, use them to get to 4 stacks. If you're at 100% mana use AB, then missiles again. Whenever you got your CDs ready again switch to burstphase and kill your mana to 0%!

Greetings :)

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By eternalsoulz666
      <Judgment Day>
      Recruiting:
      2 Healers - Preferably Paladin/Monk (However will still look at other options. DPS off-spec would be nice too!) 2 Melee - Any class will be considered. 2 Ranged - Any class will be considered.
        Progression:
      Emerald Nightmare
      7/7N / 7/7H
      Trial of Valor
      3/3N
      Nighthold
      10/10N

Requirements:
      On US-Proudmoore or willing to server transfer. Knowledge and understanding of your class. DBM/WeakAuras/RCLootCouncil Being on time and being able to attend raid days preferably 10-15 minutes before start time. (90% attendance is acceptable, however until we have more people on our team 100% is strongly encouraged as we don't have the numbers to have people not show up)
        Schedule:*
      **ALL TIMES ARE IN EASTERN STANDARD TIME**
      Friday 8:00-10:00PM (EST) Saturday 8:00-11:00PM (EST) Sunday 5:00-8:00PM (EST)
        *Raiders/Trials will be provided with full guild repairs during raid hours.
      About Us:
      Judgment Day was formed recently by a group of friends that needed more progression than their previous guild were providing for us. We strive to excel at what we do and want to progress through the current content offered to us as it is released & complete it before the release of the next raid tier.
      Our progress through the raids were preformed by the same raid team however in a different guild. We also enjoy running Mythic+ and the occasional battleground.
      We are willing to accept casuals that aren't interested in raiding and just want a chill environment to hang out in.
      Battle.Net:
      EternalSoulz#1946
      http://www.judgmentday.shivtr.com Please apply using our website. Once your application has been reviewed a officer will contact you in-game (b.net) or via the comments section in your application.
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.
      We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - 3 or more mythic boss kills in NH.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Balance.
      Hunter: BM/MM.
      Priest: Shadow.
      Warlock: Affli/Destro.
      Any and all applications be considered.
    • By Kelp
      Type: Semi-hardcore
      Progression: 7/7 Mythic EN + 2/3 Mythic ToV + 3/10 Mythic NH
      Faction: Horde
      Server: <Lustful> - [Zul’jin]
      Raid Times: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9pm-12am EST (Server Time)
      Apply here: lustful-guild.com or message me.

<Lustful> is currently recruiting experienced, and perspective raiders in need of an active and progression oriented mythic guild!

We are currently looking for most classes and roles:
      Healer: Low demand.
      Tank: HIGH DEMAND!
      Range Damage: HIGH DEMAND!
      Melee damage: HIGH DEMAND!
      Expectations:
      Be on time
      Have Discord for voice communication
      Have installed the required add-ons
      Prepare for raids outside of raid times (repairs, food, flasks, potions etc.)
      Know your class and raid mechanics outside of raid times
      Loot Rules:
      Loot Council
      Add-on List:
      Deadly Boss Mods
      RCLootCouncil
      Casual players are more than welcome to join for assistance in leveling, dungeons, and other content. Something is always going on within <Lustful>! Social oriented players will never be without something to do. Our Discord is available to all guild members.
      Message me for more information:
      Kelp-Zul'jin or Ragnar#11614
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting DPS & Heals, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 1/10M NH, 10/10H NH 6/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, or any type of Monk. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required. We are pushing progression on Il'gynoth, and look forward to finishing off EN then moving on to Nighthold, we will be intermittently working on Mythic TOV.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
      If you are interested, please PM me (violentravi#1826) or recruiting officer Sepsis (tuxedomask#1712) in game.  However, if you have time (which goes a long way) for us to give you a real evaluation there is a short forum to fill out linked on our discord: https://discord.gg/JMVuYRW

Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild