FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dwezzel

Weak auras for 7.0.3

Hello there,

i'm a former lock player who just boosted to 100 a new Hunter looking forward to play it on Legion.

May i ask a sort of "welcome present" in the shape of wa strings for the vulnerable debuff please

(or any other you may have or believe appropriate for the spec) but as a "countdown bar" and not as an icon as those i found in the pinned topic?? I'm getting old and i really need something that is more "visible" that the tiny nice little icons i got from there ;)

I'm starting from scratches and really like to ask you a ton of other stuff, but i'll leave that to after i get a better grip on the playstile.

Happy hunting!

Edited by Alben

That's actually really simple.  When you have an Icon aura and want to change it to a progress bar, all you need to do is right click the aura and select 'change to progress bar'.  

• Like 1

Thank you Orthios,

haven't been playing much for a few months and i already lost confidence with addons and stuff,

i'll see to play with wa a little bit following your kind advice, happy hunting!

Coming from Afflock, there is a serious issue i'm not really used to face that i would like to help fixing with some macro/addon: Threat!

Everywhere i go, opening up with -barrage- (mark proc)- sidewinders -marked shot- thing all mobs came rush toward me, something that rampy aff really does not know.

I would then like to use misdirection to give this threat to the tank instead, possibly with some quick way to do that.

The problem is that during a fight it takes to me too long to click misdirection and to look for the tank and click on him, considering i'm sure there's some shortcut to achieve the same thing. any advice? THX

Sorry for the silly question, found the answer in the site's class guide!

Edited by Alben
problem solved

On 8/7/2016 at 2:20 AM, Alben said:

Coming from Afflock, there is a serious issue i'm not really used to face that i would like to help fixing with some macro/addon: Threat!

Everywhere i go, opening up with -barrage- (mark proc)- sidewinders -marked shot- thing all mobs came rush toward me, something that rampy aff really does not know.

I would then like to use misdirection to give this threat to the tank instead, possibly with some quick way to do that.

The problem is that during a fight it takes to me too long to click misdirection and to look for the tank and click on him, considering i'm sure there's some shortcut to achieve the same thing. any advice? THX

Sorry for the silly question, found the answer in the site's class guide!

Why are you clicking on the tank to cast MD? A simple focus MD macro handles that for you.

#showtooltip /cast [@focus,help][help][@pet,exists] Misdirection

Or if you still need to be able to switch between which of the two tanks you need to MD to, an addon like ClassMods can handle that for you as it has a built in function for Hunters that will cast MD on anyone you right click on, including from your raid frames. So instead of looking for the Tank in the midst of the fight, you can just right click on their raid frame.

The macro is still the best way to go though. Set the tank who will be getting the MD as your Focus and never have to worry about it. That same macro is also designed to automatically MD to your pet if your don't have a Focus target and have a pet active. You can even modify the macro and replace "focus" with the name of your tank and it will MD to that person so long as you are in a group with them and they are in range of the spell.