FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  

So I have always played a tank class while raiding but am going to be switching to a dps class and I decided that I will go to something that I have never played before. (Any time I ever dps was on my rogue or boomkin) so I went with a warlock. After trying to study and figure out the rotation the gems/chants and stat priority and testing in lfr/dungeons I still don't seem that I am pulling what I should be. Here is a direct link to my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Rudying/simple Before you go into gear 1) the chest I know is for healing I made the wrong chest didn't realize it till a few minutes ago. And don't pay attention to current gear just look at the idea, I edited some weight stats to go with Int>Hit>Mastery(1.75)>Haste (1.7)>Crit(1.65) based off a few posts I read and looking up things and that's the priority to go with 2) I have a few cheap chants on and missing the bracer enchant, but im not going to spend a lot of money for something I plan on replacing in the next few days. For the rotation this is what I do : beginning of fight (Patchwerk Style) I apply immolate/RoF immediately then hit conflag (once) hit incenerate 3x refresh RoF hit conflag incinerate 3x (At this point if I have enough ember I hit chaos bolt 1x) if not, then refresh Immolate then conflag and then 3x incerate then 1x Chaos bolt. I do this and then at 20% mark I use Shadowburn instead of Chaos Bolt and keep same cycle theory. I never hit Chaos bolt during backdraft. With this I usually do about 75-85k. I have not selected professions yet and would like opinions on those as well. I hear engineering/herbalism is the way to go? Any and all idea's will be truly appreciated :) I want to maximize the most of my dps

I also apologize for it being all constricted together I would have like to make it clean but it wont let me leave spaces in between.

All of your questions or concerns are answered in the stickied posts in the Warlock section. Please check out the Destruction Tips and Tricks section for all of your Destruction questions and concerns.

I have read every forum on here for advice and tips and tricks and still have been having issues. I didn't post this to get an answer to check something I already checked. I posted it so that someone could point out something I may be missing as I was very precise in my post of everything I do and what I was looking for. Either doing incorrect stats/reforging incorrect talents I am unsure and confused on it and was asking for help to shed light. Now if someone can post something such as that rather then telling me to do something I already would be helpful.

I have read every forum on here for advice and tips and tricks and still have been having issues. I didn't post this to get an answer to check something I already checked. I posted it so that someone could point out something I may be missing as I was very precise in my post of everything I do and what I was looking for. Either doing incorrect stats/reforging incorrect talents I am unsure and confused on it and was asking for help to shed light. Now if someone can post something such as that rather then telling me to do something I already would be helpful.

The issue you're having isn't entirely with your gear. I don't think you're doing enough research to improve yourself. You didn't post any logs of your fights. You just posted some stat weights you're using and some gear that isn't up to par. What do you want us to do with that? This isn't a hand holding session, you've got to provide more details if you want a better response.

Your initial rotation for Destruction is definitely off. You should definitely be getting more than 1 Chaos Bolt off in your opening rotation with Dark Soul active. In my opener I start with Dark Soul > Immolate > RoF > Conflag x2 > Incinerate x4 > Chaos Bolt as much as possible with Incinerates thrown in to reach another ember for one more Chaos Bolt during Dark Soul. If I can't get the last Chaos Bolt off, then I'll throw up another Immolate/RoF before Dark Soul fades. Zagam told you to read the posts because at first glance it appears that you haven't read them.

As far as professions, Engineering and Herbalism definitey speed up your opening rotation and allow you to get more spells off during Dark Soul, but they aren't necessarily the "end all, be all" professions. I've chosen Tailoring and Enchanting and seem to be doing just fine. It's really up to you.

Your planned gear path and stat priorities are fine, but just keep improving your gameplay. Read over the guides a few more times and keep practicing. You'll get there. :)

• Like 1

Yup, definitely check out the Destro tips thread here.

You're saying you've read through everything, but what you're listing as your opener is pretty bad. The opener Zagam lists in that thread is excellent (I personally throw in a RoF after that first immolate) and all the other info there should really answer just about anything you need to know about the playstyle. It's a very forgiving spec to play with few places to really screw up. Bring back specific concerns you have that the guide/thread has listed.

That stat priority is great. Not sure how much of your current gear you have equipped is a work in progress, but i'm seeing almost 17% hit. I apologize if this is obvious, but you only need 15%. Go here http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/5f84f6de-d8ce-424c-bd1e-6dcc59a014b4 and check out the gear profile that I whipped up in about 30 seconds. Mr Robot is an awesome tool to use if you aren't using it already.

Eng/Herb is okay. I'm not sure destro is the best fit for Herbalism, but its not bad. Lining up the extra haste with every DS is pretty good. I prefer Intellect procs so I went with Tailoring/Eng. Its just up to you if you want static bonuses (BS, JC, Ins, Alc...) or controlled bonuses (Herb/Eng..) or big procs passively (Tail). Destro is pretty well suited to utilizing big procs so I'd stay away from the static bonus profs. Still personal preference though.

If you want real in-depth help you'll need to start using http://www.worldoflogs.com/ and posting your logs of certain fights for us to look at. Its the easiest way for people to pinpoint your problems. Things change on a fight to fight basis and approaching everything as patchwerk won't get you very far. RoF placement, Havoc usage, CD timing, etc. are all things that factor in to every fight.

These were the kind of responses I was looking for. 1) I didn't see that guide and thank you for it just skimming through it bit by bit before reading it says a lot so ill be studying it more so and will post a feedback post and update on how I am doing. 2) I was using www.askmrrobot.com and it still got me to 17% hit I don't know what is going on I have it set to cap at 15% I also strayed away from some of the reforges that want me to go into hit into Mastery/Haste/Crit as last option but im still really high. So maybe im setting up mr.robot incorrectly but all I change are my weights in there. Ill look at yours and take a look. Ill make some changes adjust to some new things and see if I notice a increase in dps. Thanks these were the answers I was looking for and really appreciated :D

I sit at around 17% hit on my lock, and I actually cannot drop any more of it. The gear I have has tons of it, and there isn't a damn thing i can do about it.

I sit at around 17% hit on my lock, and I actually cannot drop any more of it. The gear I have has tons of it, and there isn't a damn thing i can do about it.

Exactly. I'm actually using mastery/stam gems in my blue sockets now until I can replace Wush.

You people and your high ilvls sicken me Posted Image lol

There's probably a meme or something here, first class warlock problems.

@jslupik Not sure why AMR was putting you over 15% hit, but it seems to be working at the moment so give it a shot.

Update ** So I got myself to 15% hit on the dot, I don't know what was going on before but even after optimizing to your settings it still had me over so when I did the adjustments reclogged out and logged back in updated it corrected it? So maybe something I might have to report to mr.robot. using your open rotation definitely starting off much better. Ill create a logs account and get into pugs this week and post up with different gear that I got and go from there ;) Definitely seen an improvement and better sustainability

You people and your high ilvls sicken me Posted Image lol

There's probably a meme or something here, first class warlock problems.

@jslupik Not sure why AMR was putting you over 15% hit, but it seems to be working at the moment so give it a shot.

I'm only 516, lol. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/Jenaye/simple

Yeah, I'm a lazy tit, but I also work ~13 hour days. (at work now, in fact)

Exactly. I'm actually using mastery/stam gems in my blue sockets now until I can replace Wush.

People called me crazy when I was doing this. Replaced my 522 Hit/Mastery bracers with 535->543 Haste/Crit bracers. Made me cry a little, but what can ya do? Start losing lots of Hit and having to reforge stuff. At 535.7 ilvl, I'm at 609k HP. I might go Grim of Sacrifice along with Soul Link just to see some asinine health pool.