Tobacha

But another DPS prob: Fury

Sign in to follow this  

8 posts in this topic

ok need some help here. I have followed the Fury guide from this site and almost have the stats in alignment with what is suggested from it. I have been trying to upload combat logs from Ask Mr Robot but I keep getting some error where I cannot add my gear to it and then it tells me to close app. So this is what I have so far. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Tabock/advanced

As for my rotation i hit rampage when it procs all the time, I also use Bloodthirst and rarely use furious slash. I use it more it seems as a filler. I do however use the talented version of Raging Blow, it does a lot of dmg. I really seem to WW a lot when in doubt a lot, a lot. I also use Bladestorm usually when my cd's are active.

If I make Rampage and Raging Blow up at all times and when I do I see a slight boost in my dps. but otherwise it is trash right now...:(

So I will need help if somebody would be so kind as to maybe give me some direction toward uploading combat logs. Thank you ahead of time for your help.

You need some type of enrage tracker - ideally only using rampage when enrage is down (ie holding it for enrage)

Save CDs for when enraged as well - line DR up with BC depending on where cooldowns are at or try SAA

Good evening, Tobacha.

9 hours ago, Tobacha said:

As for my rotation i hit rampage when it procs all the time, I also use Bloodthirst and rarely use furious slash. I use it more it seems as a filler. I do however use the talented version of Raging Blow, it does a lot of dmg. I really seem to WW a lot when in doubt a lot, a lot. I also use Bladestorm usually when my cd's are active.

As Reighnman suggested, I'd recommend finding a way to track whether or not you're Enraged. Personally, I use TellMeWhen. It's easy to set up, can maintain multiple setups among the separate specs, and can track just about everything. Rampage, specifically, is to be used under one of two circumstances: if you're not enraged or if you're rage capped.

Furious Slash is an argument of it's own. The current set bonuses for Fury are built around it but the synergy of the rotation, when done right, can have you rarely casting it except for one or two times here and there. Don't get me wrong - you will run across circumstances that there's nothing else to do but, in my experiences, that's not too often.

Talenting Raging Blow is recommended as the increased damage is beneficial. Along with Bloodthirst, those are your generators and should be used on CD; Bloothirst, especially, if you're not Enraged.

Whirlwind should not be used in your single target rotation unless you've talented Wrecking Ball and it procs. (In a single target rotation, Avatar is the talent of choice.) Whirlwind is your AoE spell to activate Meat Cleaver while you maintain aspects of your single target rotation and maintaining your Enrage buff. Lastly, in a single target scenario, you should talent Dragon Roar instead of Bladestorm.

Finally, if you are interested in uploading combat logs you will want to use WarcraftLogs. It currently is the go-to resource for log analysis.

I hope this was able to help you. If you should have any further questions do not hesitate to ask.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your input , both of you guys. I am going to get an enrage tracker going on here and switch to dragon rawr for single target. I switched my wep enchants to crit proc and not a haste proc. This seemed to help also. I can't wait to start working on my artifact wep once legion comes out. :)

On beta, I was just testing at level 100 with the artifact and the gear they provide for fun.  I know things will be hugely different at 110 and full artifact.  However, I really liked popping Avatar, then battle cry, then Odyn's Fury (artifact skill), then whirlwind.  The DPS of whirlwind is pretty amazing with avatar and battle cry.  I will test with the things mentioned above as well to see if I notice a difference.

Once you get your enrage tracker going, you want to aim to use rampage just before enrage is about to come off (unless you are rage capped, other wise your head will explode and you will die.) This way rampage will benefit from the increased damage from enrage.

I also try to fit a Furious Slash or two before enrage is up (when rampage is down and I need to bloodthirst) this almost always ensures that you will get an enrage proc and keep your dps from taking a dump.

So I noticed in some theorycrafting videos (not me, I don't theorycraft) they say as a fury warrior hitting any button that does not generate rage or lead you to enrage is pointless and they were saying that raging blow is pointless since it is only useable while enraged. 

So raging blow yes or no?

3 hours ago, gonlaz said:

So I noticed in some theorycrafting videos (not me, I don't theorycraft) they say as a fury warrior hitting any button that does not generate rage or lead you to enrage is pointless and they were saying that raging blow is pointless since it is only useable while enraged. 

So raging blow yes or no?

As a Fury Warrior, the talent of choice is Inner Rage. (Raging Blow no longer requires Enrage and deals 100% increased damage, but has a 4.5 sec cooldown.) You can find more information about the spell priority / rotation by reading our Official Fury Warrior Guide.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MarcHethrusWaters
      Maximum Effort is a new guild on Cenarion circle (A). I was the raid leader for my guild for a long time and we built up a strong raid team. Due to do some dis-agreements between me and the guild leader I was forced to leave. But luckly enough a lot of my team followed me! We're working to build a guild focused around team work and group progression. We love doing mythics, raids, talking and theory crafting about the game!
      We have a very strong-core raid group, capable of clearing heroic and doing some mythic but we're just missing a few people to round it out!
      Raid nights.. Tue/wed 6-830pm server (9:30-11:30 est) Off night Monday 6-830pm server (9-11:30 est)
      Looking for.. -Any and all dps specs -possibly a raid healer
      All raid mats and needs are covered by guild, we run personal look just for the ease of it.
      My btag is Hethrus#1504 if you have questions or wish to try out!
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 920~ ilvl
      - 52+ traits.
      - 3/9 in ToS.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made..
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Death Knight: Blood.
      Druid: Guardian and Balance.
      Hunter: MM/BM.
      Monk: Brewmaster.
      Rogue: Open.
      Warlock: Open.
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By Maplefire
      Looking for a fun progression guild? Hordeland Security could be your new home! We started at launch, and have raided on Blackhand, Baelgun, and now Turalyon. 

We currently raid on Tuesdays and Thursdays 19:00- 21:15 CDT. We understand that no one has an unlimited amount of time to play. Our raiders know when to goof around and when to be serious.
      Interested? Drop us a line!
      Deputy Raid Leader: Duerdon#1111
      Director: Saffy#1122
      -or-
      lil ol' me - Maplefire#1200 - (mention you're from the Icy Veins thread so my brain won't explode)
      http://www.hordelandsecurity.org
      (forgive the Pandaran background - web designer is on a looooong break)
      Thanks for your consideration - happy raiding!
    • By Nobbykinz
      Autumn Mist is a raiding & social guild looking for players like you.
      http://www.autumn-mist.net

We are mostly searching to increase our DPS raid team so we can advance further through Heroic Tos and onto Mythic.
      We are a very active guild with events on most days:
      We are a very active guild with events on most days for example:

Wed: Day of Reset
      Thurs: TOS Heroic
      Fri: Mythic + night
      Sat: TOS N
      Sun: Gear up sunday + TOS Heroic
      Mon: NH HC
      Tues: Transmog Tuesday

All starting at 8pm Server time other then the whole day events and posted in the calender.
      Feel free to apply via the website, or add me on bnet if you want a chat, Nobbykinz#2994 all questions welcome.
    • By Wierra
      Hi, so I'd like to think that have got the fury rotation down, I've been using the Icy veins guide and some pointers from MMO-Champion. I don't think I have any big issues apart from the BC with CoF trinket, like if it's worth waiting for other cooldowns like OF to be up with BC, that's my main question. 
      So I have linked my logs for some PuG raiding the other week, so if someone is up for the task of analyzing them for me, that'd be great. Sorry if my sentences are wrong or weird, I'm really hungover... 

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/silvermoon/wierra
      Log Normal ToS: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WzPkRG2HXnrv8qwb#source=13&fight=1&view=analytical&type=damage-done
      ( In Goroth Normal, you will see some downtime in the middle of the fight. I got disconnected that is the answer:/ )
      Log Heroic ToS: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1R3Gya6VCTJFYtfm#source=11&type=damage-done

Thanks, this is my first post here so if I'm missing anything please comment! :)