FORUMS
Damien

Havoc Demon Hunter 7.3

8 hours ago, Guest Typheous said:

Probably should put in Jeweled Signet of Melandrus  as ring BiS. It has both Crit and Haste, so its already good and the 10% auto-attack damage is just bonus.

Just quoting from the guide here:

Bear in mind that all of this is subject to change based on Warforging and Titanforging happening on gear, so this is absolutely a guideline and not a rule. Note that it is also just dealing with gear from raid environments, so this could change if you are spending a large amount of time in Mythic+ and gaining different, rarer pieces.

We're trying to stay away from including dungeons as well unless completely necessary (trinkets) due to how much of a difference luck can make with WF/TF.

Greetings,

I'd love if you give a look @ my stats and give me any tip about which stat should i pursue next.

Also i have a Jeweled Signet of Melandrus (840 ilvl), but i'm not sure if it's worth changing Grubby Silver Ring for it. 

Edit : Recently heard that Demon Blades are performing better than Prepared, although i remember a Q&A of a dev saying that Demon blades is supposed to be the 2nd if not the 3rd ability, performance wise... Shed some light on this please.

Thanks in advance.

Untitled-2.jpg

Edited by TeoStrife

14 hours ago, TeoStrife said:

Greetings,

I'd love if you give a look @ my stats and give me any tip about which stat should i pursue next.

Also i have a Jeweled Signet of Melandrus (840 ilvl), but i'm not sure if it's worth changing Grubby Silver Ring for it. 

Edit : Recently heard that Demon Blades are performing better than Prepared, although i remember a Q&A of a dev saying that Demon blades is supposed to be the 2nd if not the 3rd ability, performance wise... Shed some light on this please.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, it is worth using the Jeweled Signet.

As for DB vs. Prep, Prepared is better but harder to use, since it only amplifies the reliance on a momentum based build. DB is still good and performs better in AoE, as our guide says.

Guest Jeruthy

Hello guys, i dont know how to sim that, can you help me with my relics ? i have currently equipped Despoiled DragonscaleDespoiled Dragonscale 865ilv (6% Chais Strike crit dmg) and i just looted Ivanyr's HungerIvanyr's Hunger (6% Demon Blades dmg). Is 5ilv worth it ?

Thanks in advance !

7 hours ago, Blainie said:

Yes, it is worth using the Jeweled Signet.

As for DB vs. Prep, Prepared is better but harder to use, since it only amplifies the reliance on a momentum based build. DB is still good and performs better in AoE, as our guide says.

Alright, thanks. About the stat question?

Also about the Jeweled signet , you're sure its better ? Because im not using Demon blades.

Edited by TeoStrife

3 hours ago, TeoStrife said:

Alright, thanks. About the stat question?

Also about the Jeweled signet , you're sure its better ? Because im not using Demon blades.

It doesn't affect Demon Blades, only raw auto attacks. It's not a spectacular bonus, but it is free off the budget and has semi-desirable stat distribution.

4 hours ago, Guest Jeruthy said:

Hello guys, i dont know how to sim that, can you help me with my relics ? i have currently equipped Despoiled DragonscaleDespoiled Dragonscale 865ilv (6% Chais Strike crit dmg) and i just looted Ivanyr's HungerIvanyr's Hunger (6% Demon Blades dmg). Is 5ilv worth it ?

Thanks in advance !

I'd lean toward keeping the Dragonscale if it's just 5ilvls, trait is definitely better.

4 hours ago, sushiback said:

Hello guys, new to this forum, so wanted to ask you - is that a good gear and stats? and what could you advice? sc2.pngscr.jpg

Could do with losing some Mastery in exchange for some Vers, but generally speaking it's not bad.

2 hours ago, Guest Felreaver said:

This build is garbage

Feel free to let us know why. Until then, please rest easy knowing your comment will be ignored.

• Like 1

Guest Keyadaridan

From what I have noticed, is that Crit falls off around 45% and Versatility becomes more important. This is all according to the sims I've been running on my own character. I am doing more dps stopping at 44-45%. I've also read online in several other places that this is true.

• Like 1

Guest Kjc666

Hi everyone, quick question on the talents.

Demon Blades
Is there a definite number for the fury gained? or is it rng?
Just wondering because if it is definite and generated more fury than PreparedPrepared, then surely prepared would be the logical choice, what with using Vengeful RetreatVengeful Retreat and then Fel RushFel Rush, a good way to keep up fury, and spam Chaos StrikeChaos Strike with MomentumMomentum buff

I have run several simulations with a mastery/vers ratio of 55/45%. and this is doing far better than going for Vers>Haste>Mastery.
Haste seem to give no significant effect compared to what pure Vers and Mastery does.

Atm I have 46.64% crit, 7.28% haste 4.55% vers and 17.88% Mastery. Pouring my haste rating equally into mastery and versatility prompted me a DPS increase of 30k single target in the simulation.
I made the conscious decision to go for Crit>Mastery rather than Crit>Vers based on how many of your abilities are Chaos based and the recent nerf to Bloodlet. If bloodlet goes back to where it was I might go heavier on the Vers side, but for now HAste is absolutely shit for Havoc from what I can see. Still keep the Haste procs from your trinkets, but those should suffice.

I am also running Chaos Blades over Barrage and that is another reason why I chose to go for Mastery over Vers. I also like the movement speed increase, it makes some encounters a lot more smooth as melee.

Guest Kjc666
On 10/17/2016 at 6:34 PM, Guest Keyadaridan said:

From what I have noticed, is that Crit falls off around 45% and Versatility becomes more important. This is all according to the sims I've been running on my own character. I am doing more dps stopping at 44-45%. I've also read online in several other places that this is true.

whats your single target rotation and aoe rotation please?

Guest Keyadaridan
5 hours ago, Guest Kjc666 said:

whats your single target rotation and aoe rotation please?

It's identical to this guide. I use Demon Blades now so it's a lot more simple. I use Fel Rush on cooldown after the momentum buff drops off. I prioritize Glaive over Chaos Strike and I usually wait until I've got at least 40 fury pooled before using Vengeful Retreat.

I also usually use Fury of the Ilidari as soon as I hit Vengeful Retreat to make it last the full momentum buff.

Another big thing not really on the guide is that when you Vengeful Retreat, you still have globals, so you can actually cast Chaos Strike as soon as you Vengeful Retreat then follow that up with a Glaive throw as you're walking back.

Eye Beam is only used if you have the trait for single target. Do not use it during Meta or Chaos Blades though. I like to wait until those buffs wear off then use it.

Overall, I'm spamming everything basically on CD as long as the momentum buff is up. If a Fel Rush is about to come off CD then I'll save my fury for when it's ready. The last thing you want to do is be auto attacking during the momentum buff.

As for Multi-Target, I use the same rotation except I input Blade Dance at 3+ targets. I also will Fel Rush right before the momentum buff wears off to give my Fel Rush extra damage. You basically want to ensure that you are only using Eye Beam, Blade Dance, Fury of the Ilildari, and Glaive Throw ONLY during the Momentum phase.

I believe I've perfected my rotation in a sense but it's a lot easier to show someone this than to explain it. Hopefully you understand.

Guest Paul

Versatility is prio stat, starting at about 850 + gs (at 44% crit). Says simcraft. But I have no idea how exactly simcraft is currently.

Guest Keyadaridan
20 hours ago, Guest Paul said:

Versatility is prio stat, starting at about 850 + gs (at 44% crit). Says simcraft. But I have no idea how exactly simcraft is currently.

I've discovered that this is only true with Prepared as your talent. If you use Demon Blades, Crit falls off much later.

Gotta say, getting more and more disappointed with our raid performance. at 860 sustaining anywhere from 240~265 where i have a rogue thats 855 and is fairly behind on AP and stats (because of there priority change) thats sitting at 280-300, and they dont even have to work as hard as we do. Very sad.

Guest Deix

Simcraft profile is good, I checked it. The only thing is the number of iteration. You don't have that much eveytime. But, assuming the longer fight, sorry for haste lover but at least with DB & The legendary ring + Inner Demon (those 3 components change most of stats distrib because they are very correlated).

Agi > Crit (47%) ~= Versa ~= Mastery > Haste

Quite logical to find Mastery rising up again in sats priority and I'm sure Blizzard knew this from the start, synergizing every more with T19. Because more crit benefits more Chaos Strike, benefits more chance of Inner Demon, benefits then Mastery.

A 47% crit, I'm to a point where all my stats are roughly the same pound. Which is nice for "choices" but bad for scaling and that's how we fall behiind instead of Fire Mage with their 60% crit, for example.

Guest Hotzz

Hello, first I want to congratulate for this guide, it helped me a lot so far!

Second, I need help to set my status priority.

I am taking this char as a reference,

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackhand/Fuugo/simple

And my Char is this

http://us.battle.net/wow/pt/character/goldrinn/Hotzz/simple

Notice that I have much hast, that because every time I run SIMC it tells me I need to prioritize HAST, the last result I have with this gear was this one

http://imgur.com/a/MSFVb

I can not understand, is the SIMC so wrong? No one is giving priority much hast as program guides me ...

I'm banging my head a few days and can not reach a conclusion, please help me  srs hehe

• Like 1

For all the comments discussing the stat priority changing, I'll get Wordup to look through it all and see if things need to be changed! Thanks everyone for your input :)

Guest Hotzz
7 hours ago, Blainie said:

For all the comments discussing the stat priority changing, I'll get Wordup to look through it all and see if things need to be changed! Thanks everyone for your input :)

Thank you, I really appreciate it

When it comes to stat weights, I've done some looking through again. There are some points where Haste does creep up (mostly relating to how deep into the artifact you are), but as a general rule I still stand by Crit > Vers ~ Haste > Mastery.

When simming these things when you add in variables such as trinkets, traits, and current gear, you will see a massive skew. With guides like this it has to accomodate all players with all sets of gear, so a general rule of thumb with those stats serve best in most content. With all things regarding stats (and especially for Havoc) simming your own gear for weights will always return the best results. There are points of gear in which I can find all 4 stats reaching the top if you push it hard enough with specific stats, so I feel altering stat recommendations based on stuff that has that variable in there players may not have, nor may they ever, would be hasty unless the trend continues.