FORUMS
Damien

Havoc Demon Hunter 7.3

Hi. Could you answer, which trinket is better in my situation?

Equipped right now:

An'she's Token of Guile (850 ilvl  1233 agi +  932 crit)

Bloodthirsty InstinctBloodthirsty Instinct (855ilvl)

In my bag:

Nightmare Egg ShellNightmare Egg Shell (850ilvl 1233 agi)

and another trinket form world quest - 845ilvl (1177 agi + 915 crit)

Right now: 45% crit, 12% haste, 13% mastery and vers 4%

My Demon hunter

Edited by Sn1k

10 hours ago, Sn1k said:

Hi. Could you answer, which trinket is better in my situation?

Personally, I'd stick with what you currently have equipped. Bloodthirsty Instinct is one of your BiS trinkets atm.

• Like 1

Guest Zokknafel

Anyone have a good idea about stat weights to put into Pawn?  I know they change so maybe it'd be nice to break them down into a leveling weight and what to use while gearing from, say, 810-840.  Generalized, of course.  I am not finding any real deep discussion about what stats to go for.  The general consensus is agi > crit > vers > hast > mast.  However, when I look on simcraft I see that their 'ideal' gear setup has about 4 times more haste than versatility.  Is versatility gear hard to come by so they went for other gear?  

Guest Deix

Actually Haste and Versa are controversed. This leads to get both stats balanced.

I have 44% crit, 9% haste, 9% versa.

11 hours ago, Guest Zokknafel said:

Anyone have a good idea about stat weights to put into Pawn?  I know they change so maybe it'd be nice to break them down into a leveling weight and what to use while gearing from, say, 810-840.  Generalized, of course.  I am not finding any real deep discussion about what stats to go for.  The general consensus is agi > crit > vers > hast > mast.  However, when I look on simcraft I see that their 'ideal' gear setup has about 4 times more haste than versatility.  Is versatility gear hard to come by so they went for other gear?  

The best way to get weights is with Simcraft and simming your own character. We have general weights in the guide:

• Agility: 1
  • Critical Strike: 0.79
  • Versatility: 0.73
  • Haste: 0.7
  • Mastery: 0.58

Just keep in mind that they are not perfect. They are not "correct" for your character, instead they are correct for a general Havoc DH.

1 hour ago, Guest Deix said:

Actually Haste and Versa are controversed.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this.

Guest Zokknafel
20 minutes ago, Blainie said:

We have general weights in the guide:

Maybe I'm being dumb but...  where are these in the guide?  I see them listed as priorities but nothing with numbers.  Also, these are much closer to each other than I would've expected, so I'm glad I asked.

4 minutes ago, Guest Zokknafel said:

Maybe I'm being dumb but...  where are these in the guide?  I see them listed as priorities but nothing with numbers.  Also, these are much closer to each other than I would've expected, so I'm glad I asked.

They're in the BiS section at the moment. You'll find them under Best in Slot > Evaluating Upgrades

Guest Deix
4 hours ago, Blainie said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this.

I mean on mmo-champ official thread we put haste first. This leads to a balacing of both stats and difference between both is so marginal that you want to balance them on your gear as much as possible.

Hey Wordup and Blainie,

Thanks for your work on the guide. It's fantastic as a primer on how to think about DH builds and a quick go-to guide for builds. It's helped me experiment with different builds and talents and feel a lot more comfortable about how to cope with the recent patch changes.

Guest Whosblind

Hey all, with the reversal of partial nerfing, is our go to still going to be bloodlet and master of the glaive?

12 hours ago, Guest Deix said:

Actually Haste and Versa are controversed. This leads to get both stats balanced.

I have 44% crit, 9% haste, 9% versa.

That's entirely dependant on your current situation with stats. If I flatten stats down to 4500 of each secondary, the output is the following:

ss+(2016-09-28+at+01.03.55).png

Now, with Haste there are some points were it can eek out Vers, and obviously at very high Crit, Vers can outscale even that. With how close the DH stats tend to be in gear that you actually aim for, it's actually quite difficult to put a hard number on it.

• Like 1

Also just noting here, since they've removed the overwhelming majority of the significant changes from the Hotfix that happened today, things are virtually unchanged, outside of the damage hit that you will be taking from the FR/Fury/BL number changes. Other than that though, it's still the same choices and playstyle.

5 hours ago, Guest Whosblind said:

Hey all, with the reversal of partial nerfing, is our go to still going to be bloodlet and master of the glaive?

Tagging guest for an answer. Read the comment above from Wordup concerning changes.

5 hours ago, Cedriel said:

Hey Wordup and Blainie,

Thanks for your work on the guide. It's fantastic as a primer on how to think about DH builds and a quick go-to guide for builds. It's helped me experiment with different builds and talents and feel a lot more comfortable about how to cope with the recent patch changes.

Really glad to hear so!

Thanks for using our guide and also taking the time to make a comment :)

If you have any questions for us, we're here to help! As for the actual making of the guide, all praise should be directed at Wordup!

Guest Nariziaa

I know this is a weird question as I am blatantly not 100% focused on minmaxing my dps... BUT...

I use Fel Barrage in ST encounters - simply because I like the ability and think Chaos Blades to be quite the boring cd - and I'm sometimes using Eye Beam even in ST situations to generate more stacks of Fel Barrage. Is that a good idea or is it not worth using just for that? Is it maybe possible to sim a "rotation" like that? Would like to hear some opinions. :)

12 minutes ago, Guest Nariziaa said:

I know this is a weird question as I am blatantly not 100% focused on minmaxing my dps... BUT...

I use Fel Barrage in ST encounters - simply because I like the ability and think Chaos Blades to be quite the boring cd - and I'm sometimes using Eye Beam even in ST situations to generate more stacks of Fel Barrage. Is that a good idea or is it not worth using just for that? Is it maybe possible to sim a "rotation" like that? Would like to hear some opinions. :)

The difference between using FB vs. CB is about 2-5% in DPS in a simulated environment. You will be using Eye Beam in ST anyway, so that's not an issue.

Guest Nariziaa

must be an idiot then... for some reason i thought eye beam to not be viable in ST oô

so in the end it WAS a weird question, just for a different reason haha, thanks

Guest jackiechan

can ask how u moderators perform ur opener's exactly, had alot ppl tell me different things but whats best way to perform ur opener

Guest Mike

Is the build same for Havoc DH after the nerf or would you suggest other talents?

11 hours ago, Guest Nariziaa said:

must be an idiot then... for some reason i thought eye beam to not be viable in ST oô

so in the end it WAS a weird question, just for a different reason haha, thanks

The entry that's in the rotation is: 

1. Cast Eye Beam Icon Eye Beam if you have the  Icon Anguish of the Deceiver trait.

Just follow that and you should be fine. The note about not using Eye Beam in single target is if you have an opportunity to use it on multiple targets later, such as an add phase coming soon etc.

11 hours ago, Guest jackiechan said:

can ask how u moderators perform ur opener's exactly, had alot ppl tell me different things but whats best way to perform ur opener

From the guide:

1.1. Opening Rotation

1. Use Potion of the Old War Icon Potion of the Old War just before the pull.
  2. Cast Metamorphosis Icon Metamorphosis to engage
  3. Cast Fel Rush Icon Fel Rush to activate Momentum Icon Momentum.
  4. Cast Chaos Blades Icon Chaos Blades if taken.
  5. Immediately cast Throw Glaive Icon Throw Glaive after activating Chaos Blades Icon Chaos Blades.
  6. Cast Fel Barrage Icon Fel Barrage if taken.
  7. Cast Fury of the Illidari Icon Fury of the Illidari.
  8. Cast Vengeful Retreat Icon Vengeful Retreat to trigger Momentum Icon Momentum again.
  9. Cast Throw Glaive Icon Throw Glaive.
  10. Cast Annihilation Icon Annihilation.
  11. Continue with Single Target Rotation.

That's generally the best way of doing it.

8 hours ago, Guest Kar said:

How much percentage of each stat should we have for Havoc?

There isn't really a meaningful %-figure that I can give you here. The best way of knowing when a stat starts falling off for your character in value is via SimCraft. You just sim your character and it gives you up-to-date weights on what stat is/is not beneficial for you at that point.

If you're looking for an exact breakpoint for each stat, it just isn't really there.

2 hours ago, Guest Mike said:

Is the build same for Havoc DH after the nerf or would you suggest other talents?

Quoting the comment from Wordup above:

Also just noting here, since they've removed the overwhelming majority of the significant changes from the Hotfix that happened today, things are virtually unchanged, outside of the damage hit that you will be taking from the FR/Fury/BL number changes. Other than that though, it's still the same choices and playstyle.

Hope this helps!