FORUMS
Damien

Havoc Demon Hunter 7.3

17 hours ago, Guest Easy mode build bad said:

felblades sucks and so does demonblades since patch. Straight right side to the end except the one before the end, use the glaive one on the left. The easy mode suggestion is horrible.

Can confirm, the build provided is the easiest and almost best build currently out. Only 1 change to be made for optimal dps...

Really doesnt look like you play a DH at all. Bloodlet has fallen off drastically and is no longer worth the GCD is most cases unless u have the legendary.

Guest Hakviko

With Demonic build + Momentum (Mythic+) is it worth doing VR + FR Combo still? on trash or boss.

Guest Hellish
On 1/27/2017 at 7:55 AM, Guest Easy mode build bad said:

felblades sucks and so does demonblades since patch. Straight right side to the end except the one before the end, use the glaive one on the left. The easy mode suggestion is horrible.

Umm, no, not really. What you're saying is pretty much the Demonic build, which, while fun, is often not viable on most boss situations (single target and cleave or small AoE situations don't do much to reset Eye Beam's cd and as such you don't get much extra Meta). The easy mode build is mostly based on the standard build you'll take on most bosses, with the addition of having Chaos Cleave in, making it slightly weaker but also simpler to using First Blood, which adds another spell in the rotation. The easy mode build isn't meant to be optimal, it's meant for people to get an idea of the class, and even so, most choices there are more than viable.

And no, Felblade and Demon Blades don't suck. Demon Blades is stronger than Demonic Appetite until you get higher gear, and even then, when Appetite theoretically pulls ahead, there are many situations where realistically you won't be making it to the fragments easily, not to mention a streak of bad rng ruining you. They're pretty close either way, and Demon Blades is definitely ahead with the legendary ring.

As for Blind Fury, it's nowhere near as good as Felblade or even Fel Mastery unless you get a lot of Eye Beam uses, which won't happen outside of dungeons or very few raid situations (again, with the Demonic build). Without Eye Beam spam, Blind Fury isn't worth the time; it basically gives you around 100 Fury every ~40 sec, while Felblade can give you similar amounts without even factoring in the cd resets, essentially giving you twice as much most of the time, if not more.

On 1/18/2017 at 5:15 PM, Guest Dux said:

Hi, can you please tell me if Wordup is using simcraft to scale the stat weights? I'm simulating my havoc DH since one week now and agility is always the top stat. In a patchwerk fight crit, mastery, haste and versatility have almost the same weighting and in multi target versatility gets more important. At the moment I’m very confused which stat priority should be used because several guides are proposing different weightings.

Different gear levels require different focus on stats. Essentially, the weights that you personally sim will very rarely perfectly align with what we suggest, given that it is based on your personal gear level rather than the general stat profiles that Wordup will use. 

If you are confident in your sim abilities, then use your own personal weights, since they will be more accurate. 

On 1/23/2017 at 2:38 AM, Whisla said:

By chance is the draught of souls trink still ranked that high even with the CD bug? (It says it on a 1min 20sec cd but really is 2 min)

It is, yeah. Things have changed a bit though, so there should be new sims soon.

On 1/23/2017 at 11:11 AM, Guest Mini said:

The top 5 trinkets are still actual ? Cuz i didnt see any1 besides me who is using that Draught of Souls 895 / Convergence of Faith 875. On others sites like Mr.Robot there are actually different rankings for trinkets and guys of wowprogress still have from tov/en. 

For example  I found that  Nightblooming Frond  have much bigger ranking. Hope you can clear this out.

The NH trinkets have since received some buffs, There should be new sims coming very shortly.

On 1/23/2017 at 10:15 PM, Hotzz said:

Hi, I have a question, in my simulation I got a very high damage with the use of Eye Beam, probably because I have some relics that increase its damage, dividing the DPS of this skill by the cost of fury, I reached the number of 12.5, while Chaos strike the number is around 9.9, so I assume I can inflict more damage by fury using Eye Beam than Chaos Strike, this should be taken into account and should I start using Eye Beam in my ST rotation?

Yes, but only while you still have those relics.

On 1/25/2017 at 9:09 AM, Guest Mathar said:

For a second I though demon reborn would work with demonic until I had a closer look at the description: "Invoking metamorphosis...".
Sad - but makes demon reborn really useless.

Yeah, that would be slightly OP if it did work that way.

On 1/27/2017 at 5:55 AM, Guest Easy mode build bad said:

Please feel free to post evidence of what you're saying. Until that point, I can't really do much with your comment. Thanks.

On 1/28/2017 at 0:34 AM, Guest Hakviko said:

With Demonic build + Momentum (Mythic+) is it worth doing VR + FR Combo still? on trash or boss.

Yes.

Guest Öboros

Could you tell me In what moment of the opener should I use Draught of Souls? And after that in the normal rotation should I use always on the cooldown?

Thanks

5 hours ago, Guest Öboros said:

Could you tell me In what moment of the opener should I use Draught of Souls? And after that in the normal rotation should I use always on the cooldown?

Thanks

I'd use it straight after FotI.

Guest Kubin

@Blainie , could you explain the logic behind the opener?  Potion of the Old War's RPPM is driven by Haste and so wouldn't it be better to just meta with prepot, CB+Neme after and then FR/FB -> DS ? Then normal rotation?  Thanks.

Guest Isteria

One more time

The BiS list have no sense.

If you want only item from nighthold, so remove the trinket et put trinket from nighthold.

Or let them trinket and remove the Gul'Dan ring, and put the JAcemin set boot/hand

The BiS list should be the best items available for a maximam dps, nighthold or not.

On 2/3/2017 at 11:14 PM, Guest Kubin said:

@Blainie , could you explain the logic behind the opener?  Potion of the Old War's RPPM is driven by Haste and so wouldn't it be better to just meta with prepot, CB+Neme after and then FR/FB -> DS ? Then normal rotation?  Thanks.

I'll ask Wordup, since it's probably worth getting an answer directly from him. Will let you know!

35 minutes ago, Guest Isteria said:

The BiS list should be the best items available for a maximam dps, nighthold or not.

Well, let's take a look at this. Let's say that you need a helm with Crit/Mastery to be your BiS (it might not even be, you might need a Mastery/Haste or Mastery/Vers piece depending on what other pieces are in your BiS list).

So, all the Crit/Mastery helms in the game:

• Bjornskin Hood (Hov)
  • Gaze of Fleeting Hours (Arcway)
  • Hood of the Blind Executioner (VotW)
  • Magic-Warped Hood (Withered J'im)
  • Cowl of Fright (Dragons of Nightmare)

Now, technically, every single one of these helms could be your BiS, depending on WF level, other stat levels, what fight you are on, etc.

Imagine having 5+ pieces in every slot on your BiS list, with the phrase (could be) next to it. It doesn't really work that well, does it?

On the other hand, if you look at trinkets, the only ones that are incredibly similar and easy to compare are stat sticks. The other ones often have much larger differences. WF has ruined the ability to give perfect BiS lists, because depending on your luck, anything from that list above could be BiS (and that's only if you need a C/M slot. You might need a H/M or H/V or V/M slot instead).

6 minutes ago, Latantha said:

FYI on the intro page, you linked the vengeance throw glaive, not the havoc 

Thanks for the heads up, will get it fixed :)

Guest Isteria

I am agree, but I think the arc

On 06/02/2017 at 5:28 PM, Blainie said:

Well, let's take a look at this. Let's say that you need a helm with Crit/Mastery to be your BiS (it might not even be, you might need a Mastery/Haste or Mastery/Vers piece depending on what other pieces are in your BiS list).

So, all the Crit/Mastery helms in the game:

• Bjornskin Hood (Hov)
  • Gaze of Fleeting Hours (Arcway)
  • Hood of the Blind Executioner (VotW)
  • Magic-Warped Hood (Withered J'im)
  • Cowl of Fright (Dragons of Nightmare)

Now, technically, every single one of these helms could be your BiS, depending on WF level, other stat levels, what fight you are on, etc.

Imagine having 5+ pieces in every slot on your BiS list, with the phrase (could be) next to it. It doesn't really work that well, does it?

On the other hand, if you look at trinkets, the only ones that are incredibly similar and easy to compare are stat sticks. The other ones often have much larger differences. WF has ruined the ability to give perfect BiS lists, because depending on your luck, anything from that list above could be BiS (and that's only if you need a C/M slot. You might need a H/M or H/V or V/M slot instead).

I am agree for other pieces, and anyway the 4p bonus is stronger than BiS crit/mastery, so it's BiS.

But just look at 

http://www.wowhead.com/item=134526/gnawed-thumb-ring&bonus=1826

It's Crit/mastery stat, with 5% increase damage. it's so strong for the opening burst. It's definitly the go-to ring.

And same for Jacemin set from Arcway/CoS even if it's crit/haste, the 3000 mastery bonus is really strong, and it's 25% uptime and almost all the time on engage, so +3000 mastery on our meta/chaos blade/nemesis burst is insane, if you add 5% from arcway ring it's again better.

7 hours ago, Guest Isteria said:

It's Crit/mastery stat, with 5% increase damage. it's so strong for the opening burst. It's definitly the go-to ring.

So at what item level is that BiS?

If I have it at 840, is it best-in-slot still? Does a 925 Crit-Mastery ring beat it?

What about at 865? 875? 880? 885? 890? 895? All of these are possible rolls of the ring, right? So when does it become BiS and when do others surpass it?

What if you don't even need Crit/Mastery for BiS - instead you might need a Haste/Mastery ring to fill the slot based on weights for that set of gear.

Should you just spam farm Arcway? What if you are never lucky enough to get it past 890, but have a ring that is 925 from Nighthold? Isn't that technically the best for you? But the other ring was actually BiS on our site, right? 

I'm sure you can see why we don't post a full BiS list. There are so many problems and questions that come with it that it's simply easier to tell people what gear to aim for, especially when so much luck is involved. 

Guest Ontis

Hey there gentlemen. I'm in dire need for an advice here.

Recently I've acquired the abovementioned Nightbloom Frond trinket. I've had a few boss runs with it and I must say that it is either somehow bugged or is completely messed up. The problem is, out of nine KrosusM wipes I had today only one actually graced me with 'repeating strikes' value higher than 1.2%. 1.9% to be precise, despite the fact that Simcraft estimates this trinket to yield 2.7-2.9% total net damage. I happen to wonder what might be the reason for this, given the fact that my melee hit uptime is close to 99% on the boss and Krosus himself can be somewhat deemed a 'patchwerk-class' bossfight. Can someone please post a _detailed_ proc info on this trinket on Havoc DH?

I am currently sitting on 890 Angerbode + 885 Instinct. I also have a 890Agi+Vers Guarm trinket and now I've lewted this Frond (it also comes with a socket, unlike all my other trinkets). Still, I am inclined to keep using Angerbode+Instinct combo. Am I doing it wrong? While the Simcraft clearly states a major DPS loss (745k dps as opposed to 750k with Frond+Instinct), the unreliable mechanics of Frond displeases me greatly. And I believe that proccing several Angerbode buffs upon the battle start while under the effect of Meta/Nemesis/CBlades/potion/BL might yield an outstanding burst that could probably rival the 'steadiness' of Repeating strikes proc.

12 hours ago, Guest Ontis said:

Can someone please post a _detailed_ proc info on this trinket on Havoc DH

I'm just going to ask Wordup about the sim/proc info and see if he knows of anything that doesn't match/work right - don't want to give you an answer in case he has some information that might change it :)

On 2/10/2017 at 2:49 AM, Guest Ontis said:

Recently I've acquired the abovementioned Nightbloom Frond trinket. I've had a few boss runs with it and I must say that it is either somehow bugged or is completely messed up.

Ok, so, I've asked Wordup and basically, it's working as intended - it's just insanely inconsistent in the actual game. Essentially, unless you use it for a massive amount of pulls, you won't see the averages start to appear. It's a very good trinket, when it works.

On 2/3/2017 at 11:14 PM, Guest Kubin said:

Ok, so - Wordup is looking into this further, but from a preliminary investigation, it currently seems that despite old war scaling with Haste, it's currently more important to generate Fury prior to popping Meta so that you can immediately enter a spending spree, rather than generating in meta. 

Will update you in case this changes after he has investigated further.

10 hours ago, Blainie said:

Ok, so - Wordup is looking into this further, but from a preliminary investigation, it currently seems that despite old war scaling with Haste, it's currently more important to generate Fury prior to popping Meta so that you can immediately enter a spending spree, rather than generating in meta. 

Will update you in case this changes after he has investigated further.

So i meta in into felblade. This generally gets me over half full on fury. So pre pot into meta gets burst upwards of 1.3 mil.