FORUMS
Damien

Vengeance Demon Hunter 7.3

37 minutes ago, Guest Shambala said:

Hey mates, just looted http://www.wowhead.com/item=137430&bonus=1826 (885)
Useless for VDH now, am I right? :(

Its a solid trinket , armor is very strong for stuff like mythic plus where most of the damage you will take is physical. Less useful for NH where alot of the damage is magical but hey, as a VDH you have a magic absorb every 20 secs that gives you bonus agility (assuming you have the artifact talents ofc). 

Enjoy it!

We are currently in the process of updating our guides in preparation for the release of 7.2 - please understand that we will not be answering questions in this section about "What is better for 7.2?" prior to the patch release, since all the information will be available when the patch goes live. Please be patient and thanks for waiting!

Guest Draiven

Any way we can get a Pawn String for the 7.2 version please and thank you?

9 hours ago, Guest Draiven said:

Any way we can get a Pawn String for the 7.2 version please and thank you?

It's pretty difficult to give weights for a tank, just given that they will vary not only from character to character, but also will vary on every single fight, since you will receive damage and healing differently. A priority is honestly the best way to go for tanks.

Guest Vic

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but the Havoc chest "Achor" is actually a pretty strong armor/stam/agi stat-stick for Vengeance.  Chest/helm/leg slots come with more of those stats than other pieces of gear, and if you can replace a 900 chest with a 940, the primary stats alone make this worth considering, regardless of less-than-ideal secondaries (which at least had the courtesy to be overbudget):

ilevel 900 --> 940 = +1471 stam, +980 agi, +55 armor

I had swapped my loot spec after getting all of the Veng-specific legendary pieces I wanted, so as to work on my DPS setup.  This chest may be terrible for Havoc, but if you happen to get one, it's worth considering alongside the Leech ring + 4pc for general tanking purposes, M+, etc.  The extra dps plays well with leech to smooth out damage, 1400 stam is a good chunk of health, and while the secondaries aren't ideal, some amount of haste does serve to increase DS uptime even with your 4pc, crit is not a terrible stat for parry and leech, and mastery is already one you want some amount of.  

On 6/5/2017 at 9:34 PM, Guest Vic said:

I had swapped my loot spec after getting all of the Veng-specific legendary pieces I wanted, so as to work on my DPS setup.  This chest may be terrible for Havoc, but if you happen to get one, it's worth considering alongside the Leech ring + 4pc for general tanking purposes, M+, etc. 

Surely it makes more sense to run the bracers if you are looking at general tanking, since you can just cheat the cooldown of your stacking sigil? This is most likely worth a great deal more than the stat budget comparison, given that stacked mobs being AoEd down will die faster from your groups damage than your own damage.

We are currently in the process of updating our guides in preparation for the release of 7.2.5 - all questions about "What is better for 7.2.5, X or Y?" will be answered in our guide updates. Thanks for your patience while we get everything completed and good luck in the new patch!

Guest zeek

"Due to Metamorphosis Icon Metamorphosis having received a buff, this talent is not nearly as strong as the other two talents in this tier, and will see most of its use during Necrotic week of Mythic+ dungeons. This affects Metamorphosis, Icon Fueled by Pain, and Last Resort Icon Last Resort."

I'm assuming this is talking about soul rending? 

Secondly, "Soul Rending Icon Soul Rending
 is good for dungeons when your group or your healer are not very experienced. It is also good if you are pugging, when you are with a lower level healer, or in Mythic+ dungeons against the Necrotic effect."

Since necrotic now effects leech this talents is more than useless in M+ necrotic weeks.

On 6/14/2017 at 0:31 PM, Guest zeek said:

I'm assuming this is talking about soul rending? 

I believe so, yeah :)

On 6/14/2017 at 0:31 PM, Guest zeek said:

Since necrotic now effects leech this talents is more than useless in M+ necrotic weeks.

Will pass this on.

Guest Demon hunter Havoc

How come you do not mention when to use spirit bomb in the rotation?

Guest Oloice

Hi

How come dont you mention a spirit bomb anywhere in the rotation??? i mean... its our main thing? :D

+ Why dont you have pro's and con's?? like on the other classes? --- Generally it just doesnt seem like, that Vengeance is getting any love on this site :D

On 6/28/2017 at 1:03 PM, Guest Demon hunter Havoc said:

How come you do not mention when to use spirit bomb in the rotation?

It doesn't really fit into the rotation as a normal ability. It's outlined in the guide though:

If there is more than 1 target active, you are better off using Spirit Bomb for the instant healing than  Soul Cleave. For damage, if there are 5 or more Lesser Soul Fragments, use it. Otherwise, for survival, you simply maintain the  Frailty buff.

This was under the talent section.

On 6/29/2017 at 4:02 PM, Guest Oloice said:

How come dont you mention a spirit bomb anywhere in the rotation??? i mean... its our main thing? :D

See above, it's in the guide.

As for the pros and cons, only some classes have them. It depends on the writer and the class. Blood DK doesn't, but Frost and Unholy do. Feral Druids do, but the other 3 specs don't Vengeance is definitely not the only one that doesn't have it.

Guest Dragonphire

It's a little confusing that the talent guide claims that Spirit Bomb is "one of the two key abilities for Vengeance Demon Hunters" but it's not in the rotation but the response here is, "oh it exists somewhere in the guide"

"If there is more than 1 target active", so why not in the multiple target rotation instead of soul cleave?

"if there are 5 or more Lesser Soul Fragments", so why not in either rotation?

If frailty is about to end, cast Spirit Bomb.

These all seem like normal things that would be included in a rotation, especially if said rotation already includes "if you have this talent" options event though it would be assumed to be the chosen talent since, again, it's "one of the two key abilities".

Guest Banned IRL

when will you update the trinket list with new TOS trinkets?

On 05/07/2017 at 11:36 PM, Guest Dragonphire said:

These all seem like normal things that would be included in a rotation, especially if said rotation already includes "if you have this talent" options event though it would be assumed to be the chosen talent since, again, it's "one of the two key abilities".

You're right, it should be included - we're planning an update to the guide shortly, so this will be included in it. Sorry for the delay with it, but I put in a note on it when I replied to your comment :)

On 05/07/2017 at 11:43 PM, Guest Banned IRL said:

when will you update the trinket list with new TOS trinkets?

This should release with the new update in the near future, I believe.

Guest Mazagan

Fel Eruption no longer works with fiery brand as it is chaos damage and  brand increases fire damage ^^ im right, right?

13 hours ago, Guest Mazagan said:

Fel Eruption no longer works with fiery brand as it is chaos damage and  brand increases fire damage ^^ im right, right?

This is correct - asking for an update.

On 7/2/2017 at 11:07 AM, Blainie said:

It doesn't really fit into the rotation as a normal ability. It's outlined in the guide though:

This was under the talent section.

The way this is worded, it sounds like you always use Spirit Bomb if there is more than one target. For single target only, you're using it whenever you have a 5 stack to absorb, as well as to refresh frailty (regardless of how many souls are available). Does this mean you only ever use Soul Cleave on single target with 1-4 souls? Or does is it even worth using it in that instance?

I also ask this because the new empowered artifact trait Erupting Souls may affect us using Soul Cleave more? I may have missed it in the guide, but I didn't see mention of Erupting Souls affecting anything in our rotation.

On 7/31/2017 at 7:31 PM, tomahawknt said:

The way this is worded, it sounds like you always use Spirit Bomb if there is more than one target. For single target only, you're using it whenever you have a 5 stack to absorb, as well as to refresh frailty (regardless of how many souls are available). Does this mean you only ever use Soul Cleave on single target with 1-4 souls? Or does is it even worth using it in that instance?

I also ask this because the new empowered artifact trait Erupting Souls may affect us using Soul Cleave more? I may have missed it in the guide, but I didn't see mention of Erupting Souls affecting anything in our rotation.

I'll put a note for the writer to make it clearer in the guide as to what you should be doing and when you should use it.

Good morning everyone

I was hoping that you guys can look at my character and tell me what you think? 

Regarding legendry’s I only have 3 at this stage and working on the farm for more.  

Content I am doing with it is mainly M+ dung and then 2 nights a week Raid we clear normal and progress on HC

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/shadowsong/sakuradp

I am going to go through my talents and just give reasons for my picks

Tier 1 (Level 99) Talents

Abyssal Strike provides a large mobility boost. love this ability feels so bad ass using it kiting boss or reaching adds fast it amazing for me

Tier 2 (Level 100) Talents

Currently using Fallout but think it’s wrong and should use burning Alive with my setup?

Tier 3 (Level 102) Talents

Using Flame Crash for M+ it helps getting Agro also adds to the bad ass effect  

Tier 4 (Level 104) Talents

Feed the Demon I started off with this talent and just grew use to having Demon spikes whenever I want it up for boss damage reduction. Is Fracture still so strong with Sprit Bomb Nerf?

Tier 5 (Level 106) Talents

Currently using Sigil of chains but I swap out with Quickened sigils every now and again

The ability to steal 1 of the most iconic DK spells is very nice

Tier 6 (Level 108) Talents

Picked this to not having another button on my action bar but when I switch this out getting my pain up takes so much longer spec feels allot slower without it

Tier 7 (Level 110) Talents

Picked Last Resort mainly for not having another button on action bar but I actually use this more than I thought I would by double soaking when needed taking double stacks I recall our kill on Avatar the other tank died and we were limited in space so I leaped into the fire boss did not destroy any platform and got back into place without dying thanks to this proc  

Guest Círculo

Please note that critical strike also affects healing so you can get critical heals, this impacts directly on your survivability. My stat priority is Agility>Critical>others and I have a TON of damage (more than some DPS, around 350k against raid bosses, and can go up to 1M for 2-3 seconds when bursting enemies. ilvl 905.) and a TON of healing. Think that 45% critical strike increases your heal by 45%.

On 8/7/2017 at 8:05 AM, Alucard said:

I am going to go through my talents and just give reasons for my picks

There's no point in me going through your choices, since it's all discussed on the talents page already. You have some sub-par choices, but the reasoning behind them can be found on the talents page already.