Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zadina

wow Audio Drama "Tomb of Sargeras" Completed

4 posts in this topic

1UftmkL.jpg

All four parts of the "Tomb of Sargeras" audio drama are now available!

We've had a lot of lore to explore about Legion before the expansion itself launches: comics, animated shorts and an audio drama. This is the first time that Blizzard uses this last medium and, now that it has been completed, we can all agree that it was very successful.

The story of this four-part audio drama was written by Robert Brooks and it was narrated by Steven Pacey. It is about Gul'dan opening a portal to the Burning Legion inside the Tomb of Sargeras, with mostly Khadgar's and Maiev Shadowsong's desperate attempts to prevent this.

It is amazingly well-written and narrated: even though we know the outcome of this whole affair, the reader can still feel the suspense during some moments of the story or wonder if Gul'dan is eventually going to go through with his evil task. It also ties well into the Gul'dan and Khadgar animated shorts, providing a few answers about them.

You can listen to the audio drama here:

If, like me, you prefer reading to listening, you can find all four parts in text in this PDF.

14 hours ago, Zadina said:

If, like me, you prefer reading to listening, you can find all four parts in text in this PDF.

Seriously, Zadina, thank you for this!  I take much more from a story when I get to read it.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, ghostdeini said:

Seriously, Zadina, thank you for this!  I take much more from a story when I get to read it.

It wasn't me who uploaded, it was Blizzard; they just hid it well! ^^

I prefer reading too: I can read with my own fast pace (the audio dramas were quite long) and my imagination will do the rest. I am more about vision, less about listening! :D I really enjoyed reading this story, it really gripped me into it!

This was actually quite a good read.  I'm interested to see how they work it into the storyline in the game and if they show any of what happened.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chumani
      Aka'magosh my raider friends! Chumani here from Corrupted Destiny guild (Horde) on Skywall/Drak'thul realms. We are currently recruiting for our core team for mythic raiding. We are 10 /10 Heroic Nighthold (10/10 N NH in about 1 1/2 hours) (Providing we arent cutting up and getting yelled at.... by a certain mage in our guild.... who cuts up too.... and won't admit it..... and puts down fake portals.... every week..... and people still take them.... to their death..... really......week..... after week.... to their death...... seriously)
      As always we are recruiting raiders and non raiders.
      *****GIRLS***** We have a large number of female gamers who do not have to worry about harrasment of any kind...we just will not tolerate this... and our group is like family. Come see for yourself!
      Tired of the ridiculous harassment from the opposite sex? You will be safe with us! Mature gamers who do not condone this behaviour!
      Our raid schedule is Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday 6:30pm to 9:00pm server time(pst)
      We currently have an "Alt" raid for alts and non-progression raiders on Mondays at the same time! MEGA amounts of fun there, alot of us use our mains to carry this raid and help gear these raiders up!
      Other guild events include: Herb Drives, Fishing Expo, Mog off! (Best transmog wins), Old Raids for Transmog gear & Mythic Plus runs. We do random guild events with prizes up to and including a FREE MONTH OF WOW! (Mog-Off is going on NOW!!)
      We have quite a bit of fun when we get together, as we always have over the years! Come join us and get corrupted (Disclaimer: Infections have been found to be the leading cause of corruption in many raiders) We've always been here and will continue to be here! Of course you will be required to sacrifice a goat or an alliance player once a week to the Horde gods..... You will also be required to laugh and have fun as well! We do have fun!
      So.......COME.......GET.......CORRUPTED!
      Swiper#1939 - Deni#1743 - Loki#15391
      ***Newest video highlighting some of our girls!****
      (We are just huge nerds who see ourselves as badass warriors!... ok!)
      ******We also have one of our members who has published some 'how to' videos for certain in game mounts!!*** Keep eye out for Barcat, one of our casual members and professional mount hoarder and his youtube channel for these vids! Will post one in comment below*******
      http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=247413
    • By Stan

Valnaaros from WoW Petopia discovered a new tamable Hunter pet on Patch 7.2.5 PTR today.
      Keep in mind that the pet isn't tamable before Patch 7.2.5 release.
      Lost Emberspit Scorpion
      Congratulations goes out to Valnaaros, who discovered the Lost Emberspit Scorpion tame. Players must gain access to the Molten Front, which can be unlocked by completing quests in Hyjal. For more details check out our Molten Front guide.
      Molten Front
      Is a daily quest hub added in Patch 4.2 with individual progression. Below is a screenshot of the portal you need to enter to access Molten Front.

Here's how the Lost Emberspit Scorpion pet looks like in its full glory.

Screenshot is a courtesy of Valnaaros
      Don't forget to check out yesterday's post covering how to tame Elisande's pet, Lalathin.
    • By Stan

Wrath Timewalking, Shar'thos World Boss, continuation of the Legionfall campaign and new missions with exciting rewards await this week in WoW!
      Legionfall Campaign Update
      Breaching the Tomb continues with a new quest "Mark of the Sentinax", where you need to farm 100 Marks of the Sentinax  The Sentinax is terrorizes the Broken Shore, slowing our progress toward sealing the Tomb of Sargeras. Defeat the strongest among them. Take the marks of their commanders. Make them fear our strength! The quest is offered by Illidan only if you finished " Shard Times" and rewards 1,500 reputation with the Armies of Legionfall and Shard of a Dead World New Missions
      Three Elite Missions are available. They require ilvl 900 and take up to 3 days to finish. They cost between 1,000 - 2,000 Order Resources.
      Elite Strike: Legion Supply Cache - reward: 500 Legionfall War Supplies Elite Strike: Lost Temple - reward: Champion's Trophy (plenty of Artifact Power) Elite Strike: The Sentinax - reward: 7,500 Nethershards World Boss Shar'thos
      Shar'thos is up this week. Search for the epic World Quest named "The Sleeping Corruption" in Val'sharah.
      World Boss Loot Tables
      Don't forget to bring a Seal of Broken Fate for an additional chance to receive loot.  Shar'thos also drops Skull of Shar'thos for Warriors needed to unlock the Fury appearance The Dragonslayers.
      Chestplate of Blackened Emeralds Choker of Dreamthorns Decaying Dragonfang Despoiled Dreamthread Cloak Hauberk of the Snarled Vale Raiments of Waking Nightmares Robe of Fever Dreams Wrath of the Lich King Timewalking Dungeon Event (April 25 - May 2)
      Don't forget to pick up the quest "A Burning Path Through Time" Completing 5 Timewalking Dungeons gets you Accolade of Victory (AP Token), Cache of Nightborne Treasures and 1 Seal of Broken Fate I wrote a guide last time the event was up, you can find it here Voluteer Guard Day (April 25 - 29)
      Today, the denizens of Azeroth and Draenor take some time to celebrate the hard work that their guards perform. /Salute a guard to show you care!
      We've covered the event in more detail when it was up for testing Children's Week (May 1 - 8)
      Our Children's Week Guide will be updated for 2017 as we get closer to the celebration Mythic+ Affixes (US)
      Bursting Skittish Tyrannical
    • By Stan

7.2.5 Class discussions continue for Holy Paladins, Holy Priests, Brewmaster / Mistweaver Monks. Blizzard explains the latest changes of PTR Patch 7.2.5's Build 23993. Enhancement Shamans received a flat 4% damage increase.
      Holy Paladin
      Fervent Martyr had its health / mana costs reduced. 
      Blizzard (Source)
      Fervent Martyr has a few updates on PTR that aren't correctly reflected yet in the tooltip. In this iteration, it 1) no longer has the Beacon of Light requirement, and 2) reduces the health cost of Light of the Martyr as well as the mana cost. Holy Priest
      Changes to Divinity's bonus will be reverted in next PTR build.
      Blizzard (Source)
      The reduction toDivinity's bonus is reverted in the next PTR build. That actually wasn't meant to go to PTR after the buffs to Halo and Divine Star (if we'd kept the Divinity change, we'd likely have buffed the spec flat at the same time). Sorry about the confusion. Brewmaster Monk
      Blackout Strike cooldown has been reverted back to 3 seconds. Breath of Fire was moved to the level 90 talent row. Blackout Combo now reduces the cooldown of Blackout Strike to 2 seconds.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Today's PTR build has a number of changes for Brewmasters. Continuing to iterate based on feedback, we've done the following things:

- Removed the Tiger Palm -> Blackout Strike interaction, and dropped Blackout Strike back to a 3sec cooldown (but still unaffected by Haste). This should provide a simple BoS - X - X rotation that is extremely flexible.
      - Returned Breath of Fire to a 15sec cooldown. There's enough room in the rotation for it to be back at its previous usage rate.
      - Moved Breath of Fire down to the level 90 talent row, preserving the level 15 talent row as is on live, replacing Niuzao instead. The level 90 row is a DPS row though, with no direct survivability value. To offset the increased usage of Breath of Fire that Spitfire allows, the Hot Blooded artifact trait now provides half as much benefit when you have Spitfire. Yes, this makes Spitfire directly incompatible with the legendary chest, and that's OK.

It also has one highly experimental change: Blackout Combo now also reduces Blackout Strike's cooldown to 2sec, and the other level 110 talents have been adjusted to preserve talent balance. I say highly experimental because this is something we were trying out internally, but didn't work out too well. 

We found it to be too frantic, too much pressure to not miss any BoSs due to BoS having a survivability benefit now, and too restrictive on the rotation. It also meant that you had to avoid all of the talents that add anything to your rotation, because your GCDs are completely full, even with no talents that add GCDs, even with no Haste, etc. 

There are enough ways to customize your GCD utilization now that you can fill up nearly all of your GCDs with the 3sec Blackout Strike if you want to (and it doesn't require a ton of Haste). As such, we're planning to return to a 3sec Blackout Strike (both with and without Blackout Combo), and let you fill up however much of that time that you want. I think you'll find that you can fill that time (or not) pretty easily. Regardless, the 2sec version made it into this build, so give it a try and let us know if your experience matches ours or not.

As always, feedback on any of this is welcome and appreciated. 

P.S. One tweak to High Tolerance and Elusive Dance that we're likely going to keep is raising their benefits at Light Stagger, so that you still get most of their value even when not getting smashed.
      The Ironskin Brew duration, we've listened to a lot of feedback about.

It's definitely a significant change for high skill players. It's definitely a nerf, on its own, for those players, in some situations. However, it's a good nerf. And I don't just mean in terms of a theoretical 'better game', I mean it's a nerf that is in your personal benefit. 

In simple terms, Brewmasters are currently strong in situations where they can exploit this, and weak in situations where they can't. By reducing your ability to exploit this, we can then also tune you up across the board (and have, if you notice the rest of the changes), so that you're strong in both situations.

TL;DR: The Ironskin Brew duration change is a nerf in some situations for some players, that is compensated for with buffs in all situations for all players, resulting in a net gain for you. in a net gain for you.
      Mistweaver Monk
      Refreshing Rushing Jade Wind will have its mana cost reduced in the next PTR build.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Refreshing Rushing Jade Wind also has a mana cost reduction that didn't make it into this build, similar to other talented heal spells mentioned in a recent PTR note. Enhancement Shaman
      Enhancement Shaman receved a 4% flat damage increase.
      Blizzard (Source)
      The flat buff to the spec's damage to account for the talent changes is a very rough number on current PTR. As always, total DPS tuning gets its closest look at the end of the process, but we often put in some loose compensation for changes along the way to keep things in the ballpark (which facilitates testing/feedback).

The same is true for the new talents, which haven't had much of any look at tuning. New Tempest may well be a little low--that said, possibly reducing the power of that row and buffing the baseline spec instead would be worthwhile, since part of the point was reducing the importance of Stormbringer procs. New Boulderfist is mostly tuned based on pacing--it's a talent that makes the rotation quite full and a little more hectic in terms of GCDs. If its DPS value is too low, it will probably have some sort of damage bonus added.

Both new Tempest and new Boulderfist intentionally are relatively simple passive talents. This is because the overall potential rotational complexity added in the Enhancement tree is rather high (also because they are replacing effects that were quite passive in the first place--old Tempest, and Boulderfists 100% uptime damage bonus).

The overall goal is somewhat surgically fixing a few core rotational problems that affect nearly all players of the spec, without opening up a huge number of changes or causing much disruption. Longer-term, I wouldn't be surprised to see iteration on ideas like Stormlash, but there's not a specific plan yet, and this patch isn't the right time for it. Of course we will try to adjust isolated talent/trait balancing issues as we can, especially ones that have gameplay impact (for example, I believe there was a good comment somewhere in these threads, that Wind Strikes contributes to the chain-proccing feel of Stormbringer because of its huge short-duration boost).
    • By Stan

WoW Secrets Discord channel has nailed it again! After unraveling the mysteries surrounding Riddler's Mind-Worm, Linwail discovered how to tame Elisande's pet, Lalathin!
      Lalathin tame has been discovered! Hunters can tame her in the secret Elisande chamber in the Nighthold. The sad news is you can only access it during the raid quest "The Nighthold: Love Tap", which won't be up for a while and you also need to acquire Tome of the Hybrid Beast, which unlocks after completing Power Ascended (when the infinite Artifact trait Concordance of the Legionfall is unlocked and players have earned their Class Mounts).
      You can find the pet in our video we made earlier about new hunter tamable Hunter pets in 7.2.
      Screenshots
      Credits go to Linwail from the WoW Secrets Discord Channel