terp1104

What spec should I roll with the gear I have?

4 posts in this topic

Hey there Mage forums!

Up until recently I have been Frost and it has been very constant and good for me and the raids I have been doing, but I'm thinking and have been reading that with me getting into a higher item level, the other specs will pull ahead.

I was wondering what spec you all think I should roll with given the gear that I have. Please keep in mind that I have the 4-set tier set bonus, as I am sure that will come into play. Also, I have some upgrades to buy, etc.

Here is my armory link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/drenden/Decept%C3%AEon/simple

Also it shows the crit percentage unbuffed, but I am sure you all know that :)

Thank you in advance for the help!

35% a magical number for Fire mages :) If you can reach that you can go fire and play on a decent level. But the spec itself is very RNG dependant and you might struggle in some cases. It is also a bit hard to play properly with combustion etc.

I would not go Arcane in ToT, but I am sure other mages would argue with this.

Frost is between the 2 specs. It is very versatile and I am topping the meters with it on many fights on HC.

However, the most important is, to play the spec that you enjoy the most, and you can play at your best. :)

Thanks for your response!

I enjoy frost, but have been playing it for so long that the extremely predictable rotation is kind of getting monotonous and boring for me, you know?

Fire is definitely a lot more unpredictable, and in my opinion, more fun because of that, but I just want to make sure I am at the point that I can still pull my weight in raids.

There are points where i pull absolutely absurd amounts of DPS as fire and some where I just pull "normal." At the end of the raids, I am happy with my numbers if I am around 120-130kDPS overall.

I guess I just want to know what spec to choose to maximize the numbers I can pull with the gear I have because I enjoy every mage spec....because mages are the best ;)

I have to agree with your last sentence. ;) Fire should do well, really. If you enjoy its RNG, you should stick to it :D