Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThornRage

Demon Hunter vs Rageface

12 posts in this topic

I have 4 other lvl 100s; Death Knight, Hunter, Warrior and Monk. All of them can easily solo Firelands Heroic 25. My DH has no problem with the trash and can kill  the other bosses, but when it comes to the dog Rageface, I cannot seem to be able to DPS him down before he eats my face with his nasty stun.

Anyone else try this?

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Haven't tried, but know the problem.

Did you try it with thumbs (BL)? It helped me with other charakters...

The biggest problem is that you either have to kill Shannox before the stun, or kill Rageface before the stun, since demon hunters have no way of breaking it (no pet, no immunes, etc).  Me and a friend were talking about this earlier at work, and we agreed that the only way to do it would be to gear up higher and use drums of rage to kill Shannox before the stun happens.

Can you try to avoid the stun with a well timed (but probably difficult) Blade Dance?

I gave it a few shots on my DH also, I have the same problem. I get him to about 10-15% hp when Rage jumps me.

IMO, grab a few more ilvl and the problem is solved really. Im 708 and I bet if I was 715-20 it would be cake.

12 minutes ago, Fairmutex said:

Just go as venegence and no one will jump you. Tanks dont get stunned on shannox

They do if no one else is alive, at least that is how it worked at content. Raid all dead? Tank targeted.

I did it yesterday with a tank dh. I was having trouble with dps spec, so i changed to vengeance and finally killed rageface without getting stunned.

don't Know how ?

Edited by Luisgsantos

8 hours ago, Luisgsantos said:

I did it yesterday with a tank dh. I was having trouble with dps spec, so i changed to vengeance and finally killed rageface without getting stunned.

don't Know how ?

1 hour ago, sCuBaSte said:

Tanks don't get the stun. DH Veng or my blood DK don't get stunned.

zwU2glG.gif

10 hours ago, Luisgsantos said:

don't Know how ?

As I said, You do not even need to kill rageface. just target shannox and kill as a tank. I never move around if it makes a difference.

Another tactic if you're low ilvl is to start Alys encounter, stack her haste buff 10-15 and attack Shannox when he walks by. Shannox will die before Rageface even starts, uh, Ragefacing

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Matix
      Hello guys,
      I have been having trouble with my toon... For some reason my DPS outside of Metamorphosis is really, REALLY low. Like 400k whereas I'm overall 900iLevel.
      You can look up my Armory here:
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emeriss/Xymeria/simple
      If the link does not work, please check me out Xymeria-Emeriss - Europe.
      I have all of the pieces the Top Demon hunters in Wowprogress do, except a little bit lower iLevel and maybe some improvements can be done to my Gloves and Boots, I hadn't had much luck with legendaries ( I have the defensive DH chest, Burning Fist Trinket and the last one I got is the Cascading Eyes ( Head ) - I don't have the Ring which EVERYONE BUT ME HAS....
      I'm having huge issues with generating enough fury to dish out enough DPS. I have enough Crit and Mastery, my haste is a little low, but not that much. 
      When I'm in Meta, Nemesis and Artifact are on.. I dish out around 1300. But without meta it's all downhill from there.
      Please give me some advise on how to improve my DPS.
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Havoc Demon Hunter PvP guide for Legion.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Shadow's Mantle Build with Impale for Demon Hunters.
    • By Shredderizer
      Salutations! I have a problem regarding stats and ilvl, i've uploaded 2 pictures of my stats and ilvl with 2 different setups.
      In one picture, my stats are (what i consider to be) pretty high except haste, but in order to have these stats i must sacrifice 6 ilvls.
      In the other my stats have decreased drastically (except haste, which has increase drastically, as well as my ilvl)
      So i wonder what i should set my focus on, my ilvl, or my stats?
      Sidenote: with high stats and ilvl 868, In most aoe cases i outdps my hunter friend who is 887 by several miles, his skills are questionable though...
      Thank you so much in advance :)

• By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting ranged DPS, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 3/10M NH, 7/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, or any type of Monk; in addition, we would like to acquire a second Shadow Priest or Demon Hunter. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
      If you are interested, please PM me (violentravi#1826) or recruiting officer Sepsis (tuxedomask#1712) in game.  However, if you have time (which goes a long way) for us to give you a real evaluation there is a short forum to fill out linked on our discord: https://discord.gg/JMVuYRW

Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild