Blainie

Recap of the Legion Café at Gamescom!

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

ELLWnH2.jpg

Blizzard announced a while back that there was going to be a Legion themed café at Gamescom for all attendees to come and enjoy! Our team at Gamescom has managed to collect some pictures of the venue, as well as of the various activities and refreshments available! Check it out!

When you enter the café itself, there's no doubt that it feels like you're stumbling into a fel-fueled atmosphere; from the lighting to the decorations, Blizzard has done a superb job preparing the venue. It's definitely a bit daunting looking up those stairs into the eyes of Illidan!

BHEZmx3.jpg?1

As you enter the venue, you're faced with a huge orb of energy glowing in the centre, as you can see below:

vuJaHmO.jpg?1

Blizzard have made sure you're not just standing around and looking at the venue. There are so many things to do in the café, including accepting a quest from a questgiver, marked precisely by the yellow exclamation mark we all know and love:

A8Q6rUI.jpg?1

In order to complete your quest, you'll need to take a selfie in front of the meeting stone and post it on social media. Once you complete your quest, you can return to collect your reward of an inflatable Illidari blade for everyone in the photo.

y5QR1ci.jpg?1

Once you've grabbed your warglaive, you can venture on to one of the many booths around the café, including:

• A make-up booth, where you can have fel-inspired make-up put on.
  • A VR picture booth, which allows you to pose in a certain position and then turns you into a Demon Hunter of either Night Elf or Blood Elf descent and male or female.
  • You can try out the game on one of the stations around the café.

jNeOiNd.jpg?1

Once you're done with visiting the booths, why not sit down and relax with one of the many fel-themed items on the menu, as shown below:

RMxeGeQ.jpg?1

If you're struggling to read what's on there, here's a full list of the named items, as well as their flavour text:

Mains

• THE TERROKAR SPECIAL - "Kind of a warp burger, but at least you know what's in it"
  • NOMI'S CURRYWURST - "100% Orgrimmar-raised pork"
  • CHEF OVERHEAT'S LEGION CHILI - "Can you take the heat?"
  • KUN-LAI NOODLES - "We have it, you should eat it"
  • THE TILLERS RICE BOWL - "Cooked with fresh vegetables from my farm"
  • STUFFED DALAPEÑO PEPPER

Desserts

• DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE CAKE - "No tawny (alcohol from WoW) in it, sorry. Eeeps."
  • APPLE CAKE - "Baked with shiny red apples"
  • TIRAMISU
  • GRANNY SMITH'S FRUIT SALAD - "No apples were crushed in the process"

Drinks

• DOM-Kölsch on tap
  • Coca-Cola / Zero / Fanta / Sprite
  • Apple Juice
  • Orange Juice
  • Mineral / Still water
  • Coffee
  • Tea

Cocktails

• LEGION COCKTAIL - Orange juice, blue Curacao, pineapple juice
  • HORDE COCKTAIL - Wodka, cherry juice, lime juice
  • ALLIANCE COCKTAIL - Wodka, blue Curacao, bitter lemon and lime juice
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, PatrickHenry said:

...quest givers... lol

Nice touch, Blizz, nice touch.

That's exactly what we thought too! You can't see it that well in the photo, but they also had Horde/Alliance make-up on

• Like 1

On 8/19/2016 at 4:50 AM, Blainie said:

You can't see it that well in the photo, but they also had Horde/Alliance make-up on

If you try to focus really hard on her quest-giving face, I swear I can see some red/black paint...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan

Warcraft III streamers have been invited to a secret Blizzard event held at the end of the month in the US. While there are no official information available at this time, streamers are rushing to get their US Visa just in time for the announcement.
      The full list of attendees remains unknown, but we know that attending the event are HawK (RU), Foggy (UA) and Grubby (NL). Participants have signed a NDA and cannot divulge any further information. If you're a fan of Blizzard games, chances are you've come across Warcraft III. It all boils down to a single question; what's the announcement about?
      Will Warcraft III get remastered or does the event have something to do with the unannounced MMO RTS project? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
      (Source)
    • By Stan

Quarterly results of the Activision Blizzard Earnings call are here and the company reached its highest operating income in Q4 2017 in a year without any major game releases.
      Q4 Earnings Call Highlights (Slide Presentation)
      Blizzard reached their highest operating income in a year with no major game releases thanks to delivering continuous content across franchises including Overwatch, Hearthstone and World of Warcraft. 2017 was an important year in which Blizzard prepared for their future growth initiatives, including the launch of the Overwatch League. The inaugural season of the Overwatch League started on January 10 with 12 world-class team owners from across the globe, multiple league and team-level sponsors, a premium viewing experience, and a robust distribution strategy. In its first week, the Overwatch League reached more than 10 millions unique viewers across the world with an average audience of more than 280,000 on a per minute basis. Audience Reach: 385 million monthly active users (MAUs) in the quarter across the company (up from 384 million last quarter). (Source)
    • By Vylon
      Are you tired of not getting three Blizzards off during Frozen Orb? Waste too much time having to place blizzard after you activate it? Look no further! The following Macro will cast Blizzard at your cursor (Like quick cast). No targeting reticle. No worries. Enjoy.

#showtooltip
      /cast [@cursor] Blizzard
    • By DirtyFred
      This is how Blizzard Customer Support treats you:
      Long story short, I was spamming the world chat, several people reported me and that's why I have got a 24h silence. That is totally correct and I have read the EULA and fully respect the rules of the game.
      The silence ban has started and when I tried to say something in chat it says: "Your chat and mail privileges have been temporarily suspended pending Game Master review". Which means that the report case has not yet been reviewed, and I have already got silenced, which is odd, because what if I get a group of people and report someone who did nothing wrong and he gets 24h silence and he needs to wait until his case is reviewed?
      Anyways the 24h almost passed, and the game gave me the same message that I mentioned above, so I opened a ticket to ask when do my case will get reviewed, and what can I do.
      The first customer support guy overturned (stopped) the silence ban without any problem. I reopened the ticket to ask several questions about this issue.
      This reopened ticked was reviewed by another customer support guy, who said that he reviewed my case, and applied the 24h silence ban once again. (Which is totally wrong and incorrect, because I have already had my 24h silence punishment).I have reopened the ticket, and told them that this is not correct and how come that now I am punished with a 48h silence ban overall, and asked them to remove the silence.
      The last customer support guy who reviewed this ticket says that the first 24h silence was overturned before it was over, and that is why the 24 silence was re applied once again and closed the ticket so I cannot say anything else.
      Once again, I totally understand that my actions were against the rules and I deserve the 24h punishment, but not 48h just because a customer support guy is incompetent and does not care about us and just applies the ban once again.
      This kind of customer support behaviour is not at Blizzard's level, at least i thought so, and it is pathetic and disgusting.
      Please share this because it can happen to you and anyone.
    • By Zadina

A finance colossus is expecting that Activision Blizzard will get a boost in the next 2-3 years, due to the release of new titles in the Diablo and Overwatch franchise, as well as a mobile game.
      According to a CNBC article, Goldman Sachs raised its rating for Activision Blizzard shares, predicting strong sales results for its future titles. What, you would ask, are these future titles? The analysts of the finance company predict a new Diablo game by 2019, Overwatch 2 by 2020 and a new mobile title.
      We've actually seen Blizzard job postings for all of the aforementioned titles this year. Obviously, the Diablo game brings back two words that we haven't heard since 2016: Diablo 4. The Overwatch 2 statement is a bit more perplexing: Overwatch is fine as it is, with the developers having promised a lot of free content to keep coming. However, they've never ruled out PvE plans in the Overwatch universe and perhaps that's what "Overwatch 2" will be about. Lastly, we already know that the upcoming mobile game is going to be in the Warcraft universe and it's probably going to be a MMO-RTS.
      What do you guys think about these predictions?