Tekuan

Vuhdo & Healing Rain

15 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Since the 7.0 and the new talent Deluge, I try to see who is in my rain, and who is not.

For this purpose, it would be veeeeery helpfull if vuhdo could show me who's in.

But the difficulty here is that healing rain don't apply a buff on the ally healed.

Is there an advanced user of vuhdo here that can help me? I struggle with it since few days. :(

Thank you !

I don't think there is a way to do it with Vuhdo, as far as I know Vuhdo has no ability to read the combat log and that is the only way to do it if there is no buff.

You could make a WeakAura for it, I think. It would take some fiddling though.

Well, that make sense :(

Weakaura would be great, but I suppose it would heavyly flood my interface if I show all the names which are in it.

I suppose I will have to git gud and see by myself who's in, unless someone have a good and practical way to show it.

I don't think it's possible.

May I ask what's your reason to track HR because frankly I never thought that it's somehow useful?

There are two principal reasons.

First, as I said earlier, the new talent "Deluge" buff your Chain Heal about 20% on the targets affected by HR. If a tank or a melee is not in my rain, I don't want to CH on him, and it can be difficult to see exactly what's happening in that messy mess between the legs of the boss.

Second, it can be usefull to see with precision who are the morrons who are avoiding my sweet sweet puddle. :)

I see what you mean.

Well, I'm not really sure why tanks or melee wouldn't be in your HR range if you drop it centered on the boss. HR covers a 20 yards area, tanks and melee should be inside if only all their group doesn't have to suddenly move away from some ability right after you drop a HR. Pretty much the same for the ranged: if ranged are stacked, you see exactly where to drop the Rain, if they are spread, no reason to cast HR and waste mana. In addition, according to the tooltip, Deluge affects targets with Riptide too, and I believe both of the tanks will have it.

Regarding people that are not staying in HR/Mushrooms/any other healing ground AoE, just take it as granted. Players move in and out, avoid abilities, try to find better positioning, etc while continuing to do their work (dps). The last thing they are interested to track is whether they are staying in something healing. They just wouldn't and it's a fact. It's our work as healers to follow the raid's movement with our ground AoE and not the opposite as like raid should follow us.

Anyways, it's my personal opinion as a raid healer, so if you like to track this stuff, you welcome :)

You are probably right.

To be honnest, this class/spec combo is pretty new for me, I will play it for the Legion's progress, but for now I only tested it in lfr format in order to test my interface, and I struggled with the melees who are running where they want like chikens who found swords, the ranged who seems to smell bad odours in the pack and are playing alone, etc...

Under these circumstances, it was pretty difficult to aim the rain with my wave.

But yeah, I believe you that this mess will be reduced with a guild group, and I hope I'll git gud on time for the progress !

That's right - it will be much-much more organized in a guild group, can't even compare with LFR, people would mostly stay where they supposed to. 

I didn't understand though what did you mean by "difficult to aim the rain with my wave"?

I meant that when I cast my healing wave on "Darkillidan", who was playing DH, and was not under Riptide, my beloved mate was not in my rain even if it was laid at the boss's foot, because he was looking for a pretty stone or something somewhere else. And so my wave found itself weaker :(

52 minutes ago, Tekuan said:

I meant that when I cast my healing wave on "Darkillidan", who was playing DH, and was not under Riptide, my beloved mate was not in my rain even if it was laid at the boss's foot, because he was looking for a pretty stone or something somewhere else. And so my wave found itself weaker :(

Mmm, you mean a 'Chain Heal', don't you? Healing Wave doesn't interact with Riptide or Healing Rain.

If I may suggest something from my experience, don't try to min/max your Chain Heal with Healing Rain, better treat it as a bonus.

There are several reasons to it:

first, you have enough stuff which is a 'must' to track and/or use on CD: Tidal Waves buff, Healing Stream totem, Riptide.

Second, Deluge is not a default talent choice but a choice for a heavy stacked fights with a lot of serious damage going out, when spamming Chain Heals is somehow justified (actually I'm still not sure that it's a to-go talent even in this situation in Legion). Otherwise you choose Ancestral Guidance. Chain Heal spam is not a good choice on the start of the expansion - it burns mana very fast and Deluge talent has a zero advantage if you are not spamming CH. Don't forget that we will loose T18 bonus, legendary ring and mana saving trinkets, so pushing too many CHs will OoM you in about 3 minutes.

Third, we are talking about 20% addition to one spell which weight in the overall healing of a standard 6-7 min fight in the first Legion raid (according to Beta logs) is around 10%. I really would just leave it to be as is without min/maxing.

And forth, right now the generally agreed talent raid combo for Legion is CBT+AG+WS (HT for short and CH spamming fights). No Deluge :)

Oops, yes I meant Chain Heal not Healing Wave sorry, don't know why I mingled the 2 :o

I'm totally agree with you for the talents choices, but the fact that I will not take it often don't mean that I can just spend no time trying to optimize it :)

If one fight or another I suddenly need this talent, and if my interface is not ready for it, i'm gonna have a bad time, would say my favourite ski instructor =D

Edited by Tekuan

You could track it as a custom debuff at the moment (no doubt it'll be implemented as a buff properly at some point in the future).

VD Options >> Debuffs (down the bottom) >> Custom (right side) >> Enter Healing Rain as the name (must be typed exactly) and then ensure icon and timer are ticked beneath it (probably don't want animation, but feel free to test it out yourself), then click save just below there and you're done!

I had to move mine around a bit to where I liked, you can do this by going to the Visuals tab in the same menu on the right and mess around with the settings there. Hope it works for you!

1 person likes this

Hey ! Thanks for the answer :)

Sadly, it's not exactly what i'm looking for.

What I seek is to show who is in my rain, and the Debuff you configured just show the player how cast it (so here it's me).

There is no buff or debuff which show what I want to see, here is the difficulty :(

You can do this in a weak aura, however, it'd be rather complicated and would break when patch 7.1 hits.  Essentially you would have to save the coordinates of where you placed your Healing Rain, then show/list players within the radius of it based on their coordinates.  However, like I said, you won't be able to do this forever, since with patch 7.1 Blizzard is removing the ability to track player location entirely, partly due to it "breaking" a number of fights, namely Kromog, Kormrok, and Archimonde.

Yes I saw that recently, I hope one day they'll add a warning which show what I want to see.

For now, with the restrictions of Vudho itself, and the futur changes of the 7.1, it seems pretty impossible to do what I want...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sidonis

AEQUITAS
      „Als persönliche Tugend bezeichnete Aequitas in der Geschichte die Gelassenheit, vermöge derer ein Römer auch in äußerst kritischen oder aufwühlenden Situationen die Würde (Dignitas) zu bewahren wusste.“
      Wer oder was ist Aequitas?

Eine Gesellschaft aus Spielern verschiedenster Art und Alters, die sich das Ziel gesetzt hat, Raids mit Effizienz, Erfolg und Freude zu bestreiten. Gleichzeitig werden dem Anspruch Grenzen gesetzt. Grenzen die nicht überschritten werden dürfen, um den letzten Schritt in eine dekadente und abgehobene Gilde zu verhindern, in der Freude am Spiel nur noch dann gelebt wird, wenn jeder Aspekt in die Perfektion abdriftet. 

Diese Grenzen sind flexibel, beinhalten aber stets dieselben Wert- und Normvorstellungen, den Contentinhalt niemals auf Biegen und Brechen zu bewältigen, niemals zu erzwingen und die Wünsche des einzelnen Mitglieds nach Möglichkeit zu berücksichtigen. 
      Dieses Gleichgewicht wird gewährleistet, jede Woche aufs Neue auf die Probe gestellt und intern geregelt. 

Gleichmut und Gleichberechtigung eines jeden Mitglieds sind und bleiben das oberste Ziel.
      Unsere Gilde bietet ihren Mitgliedern sehr viel:
      Aktiver Raid- und Mythisch+ - Content mit kostenlosem Buff-food und Fläschchen/Trankzubehör, engagierte Offiziere, ein stets selbst-reflektierender Raid-Lead, Klassenberatung und ein kameradschaftliches internes Klima. Wer jetzt eine absolut harmonische Gilde, wie in einem Bilderbuch vor Auge hat, der irrt. Auch wir haben raidbedingte Stresssituationen, in denen der ein oder andere Unmut entsteht. Aber keine dieser Situationen konnte oder wird uns aus der Bahn werfen.

Unser kurzfristiges Ziel war die Gründung einer funktionierenden und effizienten Gildengruppe. Diese sollte intern die ersten Raids der Erweiterung Legion aktiv bestreiten und erfolgreich abschließen. Dieses Ziel haben wir erreicht und wir sind dabei als Gilde zusammengewachsen. 

Durch private Lebenssituationen ist unsere kleine eingespielte Gruppe aber immer wieder gezwungen, die Raid-Spielergröße am unteren Limit zu absolvieren. Um eine stabilere Gruppengröße von 14+ zu gewährleisten sind wir jetzt auf aktiver Mitspielersuche.

Unsere Ziele:

- Den aktuellen Content auf normalem und heroischem Schwierigkeitsgrad zu bestreiten, außerhalb von Zufallsgruppen.(Mythischer Content ist für unsere kleine Gilde zu zeitintensiv)

- Ein Gilden- und Raidklima, in dem Berufliches und Privates koexistieren können.

- Eine offene und demokratische Gildenleitung auf dem Prinzip der Parlamentarischen Demokratie.

Was wir von neuen Mitgliedsanwärtern erwarten:

- Ein Mindestalter (20+), auch geistige Reife, Eigenverantwortung und Selbstreflexion sollen gelebt werden.

- Einen Item-Stand, der etwa dem letzten heroischen Raid-Content entspricht. 

- Team- und Kritikfähigkeit und Akzeptanz Gegenüber der Meinung anderer.

- Gefühl und Verständnis der eigenen Klasse (z.B. das Ausüben eurer 
      Klassenfähigkeiten sollten kein Problem darstellen, auch wenn ihr auf eine unerwartete Situation stoßt.).

Eine Bewerbung oder ähnliche abwegige Formalitäten verlangen wir ironischerweise nicht. Das einzige, was wir von euch verlangen, ist ein formloses Gespräch im Teamspeak und eine 3-wöchige Probezeit, in der ihr euch in die Gilde als auch in die Raid-Gruppe eingliedern könnt. 
      Während dieser Zeit werdet ihr nicht ins kalte Wasser geworfen oder mit eurem Spielcharakter alleine gelassen. Genauso wie ihr möchten auch wir, dass ein weiteres Mitglied in Aequitas aufblühen kann.

Wir haben zurzeit zwei feste Raid-Tage, zum einen Mittwoch und zum anderen Freitag, jeweils ab 20:00. Die Raiddauer ist flexibel, wird aber die Dauer von 5 Stunden nie überschreiten. Besonders mittwochs wird nie länger als bis 22:30 geraidet.
      Besonders freuen wir uns über:

Heiler: Paladin oder Schamane
      MeleeDD: Paladin, Schurke, Krieger, Feral(Wildheitsdruide)
      RangeDD: Disziplin, Elementarschamane, Hexer, Magier

Ansprechpartner:

Portz#2918
      Saltras#2334

• By Pain
      Hello guys i would like to share my weakauras for each healing class, hope you like it ;)
      Any feedback is appreciated
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      New to Weakauras ?
      You can download it here :
      https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/weakauras-2
      Copy - paste the code of which you can find down below  (Import string) On the wago.io webpage links you can find a copy string button on the right, colored red.
      Like this :  When ingame type /wa to open the control panel of weakaura. Select "import" A screen will pop-up and select the import button on it. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Update Log :
      11-02-17 : Improved Shaman Healing tool.
      25-02-17 : Improved Paladin Healing tool.
      17-06-17 : Alot of changes to the Shaman Healing tool and a few to the Druid Healing tool.
      26-06-17 : Massive update for Holy palading Healing tool !
      01-07-17 : Massive update for Holy Priest Healing tool !
      16-07-17 : Big improvement for the Druid Healing tool. 
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Shaman Druid Paladin Priest Monk ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Shaman 
      We will start of with the shaman :
      Resto Shaman - Healing Tool

Import string :  https://wago.io/ByETuKaXb
      Resto Shaman - Small Healing Tool
      If you prefer a smaller setup, you might like this one. (But doesnt cover everything)

Import string :  https://wago.io/Hk9yGEIVZ
      Resto Shaman - Cooldowns

Import string : https://wago.io/VJm5cicKM
      Resto Shaman - Usable cooldowns

Import string :  https://wago.io/EJcuns5Kz
      Druid 
      Druid - Healing Tool

Import string :  https://wago.io/r13lsgKHW

Druid - Cooldowns

Import string : https://wago.io/NkXd5octG

Paladin
      Paladin - Healing tool

Import string : https://wago.io/BJBdRnRmb

Paladin - Cooldowns

Import string : https://wago.io/4k3EqiqtM

Priest
      Holy Priest - Healing Tool

Import string : https://wago.io/B1SrkgB4b
      Holy Priest - Cooldowns

Import string :  https://wago.io/VkRaio5Yz
      Holy Priest - Trail of light Talent Tracker *Additional*

Import string :  https://wago.io/EyclhaZuZ
      Disc Priest - Healing Tool

Import string :  https://wago.io/NJm2ci9FG

Monk
      Since i know little about monk healing, i do not feel like ill be the right person to try and make a weakaura
      for the monk, but i've got a link from someone else his. Since i still want to be some what helpfull to
      any healing class.
      https://wago.io/4yaTFmN6G
      *credits to Emarline*

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Evolve Shaman Deck List Guide.
    • By XvaL
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/azralon/Väl Good evening. I am currently raiding ToS and I see that I am my heal not this "cool" compared to the previous raids .. I am usually rarely getting first in HPS and I have the biggest ilvl of the healers in my group. (Hpriest, Rdruid and Monk). Am I doing something wrong? Or maybe it's because I lost mastery? I remember I was with 118% in the last raid .. I need help please :) I apologize for bad english .. I used a translator  

• By Taan
      Hi, boys and girls!
      I recently played Evo-Shaman again (Brian Kiblers version basically), after having a lot of fun (and frustration) at the beginning of Whispers of the old Gods with an Evo-Deck and trying the Jade version in Mean Streets of Gadgetzan. But all the time I played it, it felt like I had a lot of bad luck with Evolve. Always getting something worse than I had before. So now I tried to prove myself wrong by doing some math (or counting). And I want to share my results with you! Enjoy!

First off the five different classes:
      Bomb : possibly gamewinning. Overwhelming stats and/or powerful abilities. The best you can get for this price (e.g. Succubus, Savannah Highmane, Aya Blackpaw, Cairne Bloodhoof)
      Better : better stats than before (e.g. 2/3 from evolving a Totem) or a some kind of useful effect (e.g. Deathrattle) (e.g. Kindly Grandmother, Ornery Direhorn, Argent Commander)
      Mediocre : underwhelming stats or a downside / probably useless effect. (e.g. Scavenging Hyena, Frozen Crusher, Cabal Shadow Priest)
      Bad : worse than before. Terrible stats compared to other cards of the same cost (e.g. Grimestreet Outfitter, Nerubian Prophet)
      Awful : cards that can make you loose the game, are entirely useless in most situations or have extremly bad stats (e.g. Doomsayer, Ancient Watcher, Big-Time Racketeer)

And some important things to considerate:
      cards are evaluated like if you are ahead or equal to your opponent (e.g. Abomination is Aweful)
      cards with useful effects are evaluated compared to an every day situation with a somewhat aggressive Evolution-Shaman-Deck. Likewise minions like The Voraxx are Bad, because you will not be able to use there ability.
      Minions with one Health are most of the time Bad
      Minions are compared to other minions you can get. Likewise nearly any 6-drop is better than the 2/2 from Doppelgangster but getting a Fight Promoter is still bad.
      Minions are partly evaluated like you would evolve them at the end of your turn and/or after you played them (so with not much mana left), as you most of the time would do. Likewise minions with triggered abilities like Gadgetzan Auctioneer are most of the time Bad.
      Of course Battlecries doesn't matter at all.
      Jades can get pretty much any manacost, so they fit everywhere.
      Aya Blackpaw is evaluated like if you get her while playing other Jade-cards in your deck (as you normally do in Evo-Shaman) otherwise she is mediocre.
      Finally some cards are very debatable and fit more in between classes, so you might come up with different results sometimes (e.g. Nat Pagle)

Evolve List
      Instructions
      --------------------------------
      Costs of the minion you want to evolve (examples in common Evo-Shaman-Decks) →
      Class (e.g. Better) Number of cards ( I = one card, IIIII = 5 cards) (Best / Worse cards you can get) [chance of getting something aweful in %] - total number
      ---------------------------------

0-Mana: nothing

1-Mana (HP-Totems, Murloc-Tokens, Fire Fly, Patches the Pirate, Bloodsail Corsair) →
      Bomb IIIII II (e.g. Millhouse Manastorm, Cornered Sentry) - 7
      Better IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII - 45
      Mediocre IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII I - 21
      Bad IIIII IIIII I - 11
      Awful III (e.g. Doomsayer) [3,45%] - 3

Charge: 1 (1,2% chance)
      Taunt: 7 (8,1% chance)

2-Mana (Flametongue Totem, Primalfin Totem) (3/3 vanilla is mediocre) →
      Bomb IIIII III (e.g. Injured Blademaster, Shaku, the Collector) - 8
      Better IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII - 30
      Mediocre IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII I - 31
      Bad IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII II - 32
      Awful III (e.g. Unlicensed Apothecary) [2,88%] - 3

Charge: 1 (0,96% chance)
      Taunt: 10 (9,6% chance)

3-Mana (Mana Tide Totem, Stonehill Defender) (4/4 vanilla is mediocre)→
      Bomb IIII (e.g.Flamewreathed Faceless, Twilight Summoner) - 4
      Better IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII II - 27
      Mediocre IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII I - 26
      Bad IIIII IIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII I - 31
      Awful I (Faceless Shambler) [1,11%] - 1

Charge: 2 (2,2% chance)
      Taunt: 10 (11,2% chance)

4-Mana (Jinyu Waterspeaker) (5/5 or 5/4 or 4/5 vanilla is mediocre)→
      Bomb IIIII I (e.g. Earth Elemental, Grimestreet Enforcer) - 6
      Better IIIII IIIII IIIII III - 18
      Mediocre IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII III - 23
      Bad IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII - 20
      Awful IIIII (e.g. Abomination, Bomb Squad) [6,94%] - 5

Charge: 2 (2,8% chance) (Doomguard and Leeroy Jenkins)
      Taunt: 11 (15,3% chance)

5-Mana (Doppelgangster) (5/5 vanilla is mediocre)→
      Bomb IIIII (e.g. Kabal Trafficker) - 5
      Better IIIII IIIII IIIII II - 17
      Mediocre IIIII IIIII IIIII IIII - 19
      Bad IIIII IIIII - 10
      Awful III (e.g. Big-Time Racketeer) [5,55%] - 3

Charge: 2 (3,7% chance)
      Taunt: 9 + Hogger (16,7% chance)

6-Mana (Thing from Below) (6/6 vanilla is mediocre)→
      Bomb I (Swamp King Dred) - 1
      Better IIIII IIIII II - 12
      Mediocre IIIII I - 6
      Bad IIIII IIIII I -11
      Awful I (Baron Geddon) [3,22%] - 1

Charge: 0 (0% chance)
      Taunt: 4 (12,9% chance)

Summary:
      It seems that you can get a lot of good stuff (mainly 2/3s and 3/2s) from evolving 1-Mana-minions like your totems and Primalfin-Murlocs. The danger of getting Doomsayer seems pretty low (1,3%).
      Evolving 2-Mana-Minions seems pretty good too. You get a decent chance of getting real big bombs and high-value-cards, but there is also some pretty bad stuff. Also you have to evolve your valuable totems (these are your 2-Mana-Minions most of the time).
      Evolving 3-, 4-, 5- and 6-Mana-minions are pretty much 50/50. They got a lot of awesome stuff, but also some pretty bad results.
      Especially the 5-Mana Evolve is important, since you will often get three 6-drops from one 5-drop (Doppelgangster), so getting a bunch of 4/5s is still awesome.
      Jades will probably turn into something similar or worse most of the time.