FORUMS
positiv2

Restoration Shaman Leveling

The level slider at the top doesn't consider the required level for the PvP talents:

• Skyfury Totem PvP talent isn't available until level 40.
  • Ancestral Gift PvP talent isn't available until level 44.

Only 1 PvP talent slot is available until level 30, then you have 2 slots.
Only 2 PvP talent slots are available until level 40, then you have all 3 slots.

Edited by Zahti

7 hours ago, Zahti said:

The level slider at the top doesn't consider the required level for the PvP talents:

• Skyfury Totem PvP talent isn't available until level 40.
  • Ancestral Gift PvP talent isn't available until level 44.

Only 1 PvP talent slot is available until level 30, then you have 2 slots.
Only 2 PvP talent slots are available until level 40, then you have all 3 slots.

Good point, overlooked this when I wrote the guide, will fix ASAP thanks! 🙂 

Level 10 Talent Point "Spiritwalker's Grace" cannot be taken at level 10. It requires you to take "Earth Shield" or "Fire and Ice" first but those talents are listed as being taken after SG in the guide.

Edited by Sunstringer

2 hours ago, Sunstringer said:

Level 10 Talent Point "Spiritwalker's Grace" cannot be taken at level 10. It requires you to take "Earth Shield" or "Fire and Ice" first but those talents are listed as being taken after SG in the guide.

Its funny that you posted this because its literally been fixed at the same time 🙂 sent in the fixes yesterday (the talents were correct but leveling order got screwed up in the deployment to the site itself) and they were deployed successfully today, please check it out again, cheers!

• Thanks 1

Guest Váláriá

From my point of view the pointspending in the early levels isn't displayed right. As a level 13 (wich I am now) I can never take [Fire and Ice] without taking [Earth Elemental] or [Wind Shear] at first. 

The talent tree for leveling a resto shaman isn't completely accurate regarding the order of chosen talents. As a level 12 you can never take Fire and Ice-talent without taking Windsheer or the Earth Elemental. So to be short, if you take chain Lightining as a level 10 you will never get fire and Ice on lvl 12. Because I jump into dungeons to level I have chosen Earth Shield first to consolidate my healing.

7 hours ago, Guest Váláriá said:

From my point of view the pointspending in the early levels isn't displayed right. As a level 13 (wich I am now) I can never take [Fire and Ice] without taking [Earth Elemental] or [Wind Shear] at first. 

7 hours ago, Stuifzand said:

The talent tree for leveling a resto shaman isn't completely accurate regarding the order of chosen talents. As a level 12 you can never take Fire and Ice-talent without taking Windsheer or the Earth Elemental. So to be short, if you take chain Lightining as a level 10 you will never get fire and Ice on lvl 12. Because I jump into dungeons to level I have chosen Earth Shield first to consolidate my healing.

That's weird, just went in-game just to make sure and you should be able to take Fire and Ice immediately because of Lava Burst coming out unlocked for Restoration.

The idea of going for DPS talents first is because if you are leveling as Restoration your healing capabilities are, by default, extremely ahead of what the content available demands from you: even just spamming healing surge alone is more than enough to get you through any low level dungeons or with a group in the world.

Thus, your main concern to level efficiently is to be able to contribute more damage to the group or increase your speed a little bit while soloing (although it is always faster to just play one of the DPS specs if you are extensively soloing, of course).

Once you are out of significant DPS talents to take then yea, Earth Shield is a great first pointer 🙂

I see the arrow now which leads me from Lava Burst to Fire and Ice indeed. I don't know why but it didn't let me take the talent at first (all greyed out). I must say that I experienced a lot of interface errors from AddOns the last week, which I removed today.  I'm sorry to bother you with this but everything seems fine now. My apologies

• Like 1