2 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Hi, Thanks very much for the guide and useful info to get folks started. Having read through it I have a few questions about turning the priority queue into a practical ability sequence (I won't say rotation) particularly at the opening of a fight. I'm assuming Hit Combo, Power Strikes and Whiring Dragon Punch (WDP) and a purely single target fight, starting with 100 energy and 0 Chi (and no meaningful legendaries).
Leaving aside Touch of Death (ToD) and Storm, Earth and Fire (SEF) for the moment and based on the need to generate chi and maintain hit combo the sequence looks like: 1) TP (2 Chi), 2) RSK (0 Chi), 3) TP (2 Chi), 4) BK (1 Chi), 5) TP (3 Chi), 6) FoF (0 Chi), 7) TP (2 Chi), 8) SotW (0 Chi), 9) WDP (0 Chi) (Chi in brackets being the # available after the preceding ability is cast).
1) Is this right? Leaving high priority abilities like SotW and WDP to step 8/9 feels a little slow
2) Is it better to take Energising elixir, chug it on the pull (which wastes the energy regen component completely) and open hard with 1) RSK (3 Chi), 2) FoF (0 Chi), 3) TP (2 Chi), 4) SotW (0 Chi), 5) WDP (0 Chi)? Or does this lead to a net dps loss by wasting 50% of energising elixir's worth in return for a faster but ultimately weaker opener
3) Somewhat embarrassing question but what is the GCD for ww monks and is this affected by haste at all (or does haste purely affect energy regen and attack speed (auto attacks))? I'm wondering if we are ever in the position where, looking at the 9 steps in the second para above, RSK is cast at step 2 but is available again at step 8/9 due to the number of GCDs and the 4 sec channel of FoF in between so we would fit a second RSK and another TP in before or between SotW & WDP (which would become steps 8 or 10 (SotW) and 11 (WDP) respectively).
4) Does the 24 CD on FoF start when the ability is pressed or when the channel completes / is interrupted and is the channel time decreased by haste?
5) ToD is not listed in the ST priority queue - i assume it is #1 (allowing for target living > 8 seconds) but does it fall behind any of the major abilities?
Working in ToD (use on CD) and SEF (use before major abilities) it looks like: 1) ToD (0 Chi), 2) TP (2 Chi), 3) SEF (2 Chi), 4) RSK (0 Chi), 5) TP (2 Chi), 6) BK (1 Chi), 7) TP (3 Chi), 8) FoF (0 Chi), 9) TP (2 Chi), 10) SotW (0 Chi), 11) WDP (0 Chi)
Any insights on this (and how badly wrong I got it) would be appreciated!
Who are we?
Volatile are a group of mostly ex-mythic raiders, looking to get back into mythic raiding and for us to be able to do that we need some more people to fill the gaps. Besides raiding our friendly bunch of members enjoy running mythic+ on daily basis, helping out with world quests among other things. Our discord is usually filled with members for daily banter and weekly fun. If you enjoy all that, you most certainly will enjoy your stay in Volatile.
Who are we looking for?
We're primarily looking for ranged DPS to fill out the roster. But we are also interested in any dps class with a good healing offspec. Even though your class isn't listed below, don't be afraid of getting in contact with us.
Tanks - Closed
Healers - Closed
Ranged DPS - Open
Melee DPS - Closed
Overall we're looking for people with a good knowledge of their class/spec who know how to improve their gameplay. Being fairly thick skinned and being able to accept constructive criticism, as well as the occasional jab from some of our more 'outspoken' members, is a big plus too.
When do we raid?
We raid two times a week as standard, we often have an additional raid day if necessary. See raid times below.
Thursday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
Monday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
Tuesday: 8pm - 11pm (Additional day)
We believe the best way to get to know if someone is right for the guild is just to have a chat, rather than go through a long application process. So we'll have a chat, look at logs and possibly run some M+ to get to know each other. If you're interested in joining our mythic raid team, contact any of the following:
Xadel#2609, Xadel (ingame)
Passive#2900, Malenky (ingame)
Òops#2597, Drainphase (ingame)
Ohajay#2606, Draconem (ingame)
Hjp#21650, Phynn (ingame)