FORUMS
Vlad

Class Order Halls - Resources and Advancements

Guest Hate Eagle Ally
On 9/9/2016 at 0:56 PM, Guest Justin said:

A couple of notes about Eagle Ally, the Tier 2 Hunter advancement.  First, these flight paths are NOT connected to standard flight paths, nor are they interconnected with eachother, meaning to use the Eagle Flight Paths you are restricted to travel along them in one long, looping line.  Second, the Flight Master's Whistle will send you to one of the unconnected Eagle Flight Path's, making it more hindrance than help.  This makes it far less useful than the teleportation nexus for mages.

I honestly have grown to HATE them.  They also are in very difficult places to get out of which greatly hinders the flight master whistle's utility to get out of difficult spots and continue on to the next world quest.  I highly suggest, as with the person above, you never select them.  The amount of time they have been useful is rare.

On 10/18/2016 at 3:57 AM, Guest Hate Eagle Ally said:

I honestly have grown to HATE them.  They also are in very difficult places to get out of which greatly hinders the flight master whistle's utility to get out of difficult spots and continue on to the next world quest.  I highly suggest, as with the person above, you never select them.  The amount of time they have been useful is rare.

Are there zones where you find it more/less useful, or zones where it is a major problem? 

For Demon Hunter, Mage, and Paladin, this is purely preference, depending on your available resources. Either get a free bonus roll each week or reduce the number of world quests you have to do every 3 days by 1. Neither one is very powerful.

This is regarding the tier 5 advancement.

I believe this should say "reduces the number of world quests you have to do by up to 4 every 3 days."

On 10/26/2016 at 9:20 PM, Tsuannan said:

This is regarding the tier 5 advancement.

I believe this should say "reduces the number of world quests you have to do by up to 4 every 3 days."

They haven't updated it since before the hotfix that reduced the cooldown on the ability from 3 days to 18 hours.

Besides, you might as well just simply state 'complete a standard world quest every 18 hours', since technically you don't HAVE to do them all, you can even complete the ones that aren't part of the daily faction.

10 hours ago, SingingPaladin said:

They haven't updated it since before the hotfix that reduced the cooldown on the ability from 3 days to 18 hours.

Besides, you might as well just simply state 'complete a standard world quest every 18 hours', since technically you don't HAVE to do them all, you can even complete the ones that aren't part of the daily faction.

Will get it updated. Thanks for pointing it out and, on the topic of the wording, that's most likely much simpler yeah.

Thanks again!

Guest Sharden

What I'm trying to figure out is whether it is worth it on Tier 5 (T5) to get Foraging (or other class equivalent) for completing world quests. Does anyone know how many resources this awards per world quest? The other one, getting a weekly Seal of Fate every week for 25 order resources, is basically worth 1,000 resources a week (or 975 if you want to be technical). How many world quests do I need to do to make Foraging worthwhile?

Foraging
Tier 5

Requires Hunter
Min Level 110

Research: 12 days / 12500 inv_orderhall_orderresources.jpg
Completing World Quests with a Combat Ally provides Order Resources.

3 hours ago, Guest Sharden said:

What I'm trying to figure out is whether it is worth it on Tier 5 (T5) to get Foraging (or other class equivalent) for completing world quests. Does anyone know how many resources this awards per world quest? The other one, getting a weekly Seal of Fate every week for 25 order resources, is basically worth 1,000 resources a week (or 975 if you want to be technical). How many world quests do I need to do to make Foraging worthwhile?

I believe you need to complete 10 world quests, assuming you only get 1 bonus roll for order resources to make up for the one you are no longer getting from your Order Hall. If you buy 2 with order resources, you need to complete 20 world quests. If you buy all 3 with order resources, you need to complete 40 to make it worth it.

Guest Ivresse

So, any chance this will be upgraded with the discussion here as well as the 7.2 updates?

• Like 1

Guest Alias
On 4/11/2017 at 6:23 PM, Guest Ivresse said:

So, any chance this will be upgraded with the discussion here as well as the 7.2 updates?

From what I can gather most people seem to agree that the extra champion is the best choice.

I'm curious to test the Frostreavers on DK, as they get a champion who specifically gets a bonus when not paired with champions. And they also already have a boss counter troop. That combination would give Amal with Ravagers/Frostreavers the possibility to fully counter a mission. However, I'm not sure if the percentages will still be as high.

And that's not even mentioning whether it will be worth the extra resources spent on troops. But it's still something I'm thinking about.

And they lowered the time and price of all the previous tiers...

Guest Wyr3d

I composed a list of all the advancements for Tier 7 and Teir 8 listed below. Option one appears to be the same for all classes, with the only difference being the names. Option 2 is the same for all classes. I'd say the extra champion is the winner however you look at it. Troops cost resources, and their effect is randomised. Champions cost nothing, and have multiple effects. You can also choose which one you want to pull from storage based on their effects.

Hope this is helpful.

Class Order Hall Tier 7

Death Knight: Frost and Death or Roster of Champions
Demon Hunter: Blades of Death or Roster of Champions
Druid: Wardens of the Grove or Roster of Champions
Hunter: Born of the Night or Roster of Champions
Mage: Guardians of the Kirin Tor or Roster of Champions
Monk: Masters of the Path or Roster of Champions
Paladin: Silver Hand Crusaders or Roster of Champions
Priest: Hooded Priests or Roster of Champions
Rogue: Ravenholdt's Finest or Roster of Champions
Shaman: Ring of Earth or Roster of Champions
Warlock: Demonic Brutes or Roster of Champions
Warrior: Strike Hard or Roster of Champions

Class specific Unit Ability. - adds unit with (counter minion/spell/hazard) effrct
Roster of Champions - add an extra champion (Max now 7/7)

Class Order Hall Tier 8

Legionfall United - quest and mission artefact items have a chance to have double the effect

Hi,

Great guide, very helpful.  

But...It only goes up to Tier 6....I'm showing 8 tiers.  I just recently started playing so I don't know if there were only 6 tiers when this was made but if so, please update with more great info on the other tiers.

6 hours ago, Ductard said:

Hi,

Great guide, very helpful.  

But...It only goes up to Tier 6....I'm showing 8 tiers.  I just recently started playing so I don't know if there were only 6 tiers when this was made but if so, please update with more great info on the other tiers.

There were, indeed! It'll be updated for the new patch. As of right now, which class are you playing? I can recommend what to take :)

• Like 1

On 30/06/2017 at 10:02 PM, XXXiexie said:

An update to this guide would be great at least to cover the last choice for Tier 7.

This does need to be included - will make sure it gets done! :)

Guest Update?

The guide hasn't been updated for 7.2.  Any chance of it getting updated?  There are new tiers... and I think some of the choices in lower tiers, for some classes, may be different with 7.2

On 27/07/2017 at 5:25 AM, Guest Update? said:

The guide hasn't been updated for 7.2.  Any chance of it getting updated?  There are new tiers... and I think some of the choices in lower tiers, for some classes, may be different with 7.2

It does need to be and for 7.2.5 also. I'm trying to make sure it gets done and all I can do is apologise that it isn't, I'm sorry!

Guest Happy healer

Curious about best options in 7.3 

Is it better to take powerful new troop type or extra champion?

Also what is the best way to get and complete gold missions, and do you have any mission priority? Thank you

On 19/09/2017 at 6:36 PM, Guest Happy healer said:

Is it better to take powerful new troop type or extra champion?

Also what is the best way to get and complete gold missions, and do you have any mission priority? Thank you

This depends on your class. What class are you currently running?

For gold, it mostly depends on your equipment. You'll want champion setups that lend their skills mainly towards short missions, increasing rewards and getting things done as soon as possible.

Guest peace_of_mind

Im running a rogue, do i take the extra champion or new powerful troop?

On 11/4/2017 at 2:53 AM, Guest peace_of_mind said:

Im running a rogue, do i take the extra champion or new powerful troop?

Depends - extra champion is better for speed farming gold missions etc., troop is better if you have bad champions with no gear/XP. Things are easy to get now though, so champ will become better faster than before.

4.3. Tier 3

When you have just started gearing up your champions, take the option that allows you to either place work orders for Champion equipment or receive it from missions.

Once you have fully geared your champions, you can increase your troop count with the other option.

Note that this upgrade is kinda useless since you can buy a 880 champion's equipment  for 400 nether shard on the broken Shore.

You just have then to complete the Krokuun missions which give the 900 upgrade (which is completly doable with 100% winrate without 900 ilvl champions)

You can also buy pnj's item for 250 shard (on the broken shore as well).

Guest Amenophyckxs

Hello,

In the Class Order Halls Resources and Advancements/Upgrades (Legion 7.3.5) guide it mentions in section 4.7. Tier 7 that Demon Hunters, Druids, Mages, Shamans and Warlocks should  use option 1, the extra troop. 

However When I look through the Class Order Halls Champions (Legion 7.3.5) guide, it says all of the above mentioned classes have 7 followers (meatball as combat ally?)

I'm not sure what to do with this conflicting info :P

On 19/04/2018 at 11:42 AM, LeGoret said:

Note that this upgrade is kinda useless since you can buy a 880 champion's equipment  for 400 nether shard on the broken Shore.

You just have then to complete the Krokuun missions which give the 900 upgrade (which is completly doable with 100% winrate without 900 ilvl champions)

You can also buy pnj's item for 250 shard (on the broken shore as well).

This is true and not true - for alts that you don't play or don't want to run through Argus, you want to keep them at a low item level to farm missions. As soon as you go to Argus, you start getting 900+ item level missions, meaning your followers will struggle to max-bonus roll missions until you end up finishing Argus. This is still a very good way to gear alts' champions if you don't want to take them to Argus.

On 22/04/2018 at 6:52 AM, Guest Amenophyckxs said:

Hello,

In the Class Order Halls Resources and Advancements/Upgrades (Legion 7.3.5) guide it mentions in section 4.7. Tier 7 that Demon Hunters, Druids, Mages, Shamans and Warlocks should  use option 1, the extra troop. 

However When I look through the Class Order Halls Champions (Legion 7.3.5) guide, it says all of the above mentioned classes have 7 followers (meatball as combat ally?)

I'm not sure what to do with this conflicting info :P

Ah, slipped up on that when updating. I need to add a note on the page, but it's basically: use the extra troop to gather the counters that you need and then use items to give them vitality and keep them alive. If they have a bad counter that you don't need, let them die and just make a new one. Also, Meatball can be a combat ally, but honestly, he is an incredibly powerful champion for missions too.