Vlad

Class Order Halls - Resources and Advancements

46 posts in this topic

Awesome guide and very helpful, thank you. I just have a quick question, when questing in Suramar before unlocking world quests, would it be worth it to keep the quest gear tier one upgrade? I am level 108 right now, and only need friendly with Val'Sharah. I've heard Suramar quests offer pretty good gear, so I was just curious. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Lyshnek said:

Awesome guide and very helpful, thank you. I just have a quick question, when questing in Suramar before unlocking world quests, would it be worth it to keep the quest gear tier one upgrade? I am level 108 right now, and only need friendly with Val'Sharah. I've heard Suramar quests offer pretty good gear, so I was just curious. Thanks!

Yes, it would be worth keeping it for the start of Suramar!

Just now, Blainie said:

Yes, it would be worth keeping it for the start of Suramar!

Thank you very much for all the help, I didn't read a whole lot about Legion before its launch haha.

Regarding the order hall upgrades:

The minor troop upgrade does not add a chance to counter a boss, at least not for Druids. It increases success chance on missions with minions, which is independent of a boss. Only the special troop (and champions) can counter a boss.

The special troop upgrade is being recommended above all else for the classes that can get it. Ultimately it's "only" another almost-champion to send on missions and it's only available once a day due to the very long build time. Seeing how (especially with the companion app) the "normal" amount of champions is enough to easily do all missions that are worthwhile I don't really see the benefit of having another troop. It won't allow for more missions to be completed (since champions and regular troops already complete all of them) and it doesn't offer more success chance than a combination of higher troops and champions. The alternate trait on the other hand will save tons of resources in the long run which is quite practical.

On 7.9.2016 at 4:14 PM, Guest Kyo said:

Can you please clarify the choice suggested for Tier 4? I can't tell which it is recommending, I'm guessing the second.

I suggest using the greater troop upgrade, so the second one, yes.

1 hour ago, Guest Volti said:

Regarding the order hall upgrades:

The minor troop upgrade does not add a chance to counter a boss, at least not for Druids. It increases success chance on missions with minions, which is independent of a boss. Only the special troop (and champions) can counter a boss.

The special troop upgrade is being recommended above all else for the classes that can get it. Ultimately it's "only" another almost-champion to send on missions and it's only available once a day due to the very long build time. Seeing how (especially with the companion app) the "normal" amount of champions is enough to easily do all missions that are worthwhile I don't really see the benefit of having another troop. It won't allow for more missions to be completed (since champions and regular troops already complete all of them) and it doesn't offer more success chance than a combination of higher troops and champions. The alternate trait on the other hand will save tons of resources in the long run which is quite practical.

The first point is actually a mix-up due to wording. Apologies, I'll fix this ASAP, thanks for bringing it to my attention. My bad!

For your second point, I initally felt the same as you. As I tested it further on the beta, I honestly felt there was a HUGE abundance of order resources and nothing to spend it on. I don't know how much you played in WoD, but garrison resources reached a point very quickly where they were simply useless. I felt that order resources hit the same point, so I would rather have had the special troop.

I'll add a more in-depth explanation of the two choices to the guide.

Agreed, order resources seem abundant right now. But the special troop is quite useless, too. With both being useless it ultimately doesn't matter much which one is taken.

BUT order resources might actually become not useless / abundant once you stop doing the world quests for resources. Those are the main generators for them and I at least don't plan to do them forever. Right now I take them to finish emissary quests but after reaching exalted I plan to just stop doing world quests altogether. I'll be happy to have a huge resource cushion in order to be able to get seals and do missions for weeks or even months without having to farm resources.

So yes, right now order resources are useless since everyone is doing world quests but in the long run I might want to save a few. Might as well, since the extra troop doesn't really give me any benefits anyway (since, especially with the companion app, I can simply do all missions with the champions and troops I already have).

10 hours ago, Guest Volti said:

Agreed, order resources seem abundant right now. But the special troop is quite useless, too. With both being useless it ultimately doesn't matter much which one is taken.

BUT order resources might actually become not useless / abundant once you stop doing the world quests for resources. Those are the main generators for them and I at least don't plan to do them forever. Right now I take them to finish emissary quests but after reaching exalted I plan to just stop doing world quests altogether. I'll be happy to have a huge resource cushion in order to be able to get seals and do missions for weeks or even months without having to farm resources.

So yes, right now order resources are useless since everyone is doing world quests but in the long run I might want to save a few. Might as well, since the extra troop doesn't really give me any benefits anyway (since, especially with the companion app, I can simply do all missions with the champions and troops I already have).

I see your point, fair enough. I'll adjust the commentary on that tier to state that, essentially, it is ultimately your choice. Neither provides some HUGE benefit and you can pick whichever you prefer. I'll give separate advice depending on the person's intentions and what they plan to do in the future of the game.

Thanks for the feedback and I'll make sure to get it updated!

A couple of notes about Eagle Ally, the Tier 2 Hunter advancement.  First, these flight paths are NOT connected to standard flight paths, nor are they interconnected with eachother, meaning to use the Eagle Flight Paths you are restricted to travel along them in one long, looping line.  Second, the Flight Master's Whistle will send you to one of the unconnected Eagle Flight Path's, making it more hindrance than help.  This makes it far less useful than the teleportation nexus for mages.

1 hour ago, Guest Justin said:

A couple of notes about Eagle Ally, the Tier 2 Hunter advancement.  First, these flight paths are NOT connected to standard flight paths, nor are they interconnected with eachother, meaning to use the Eagle Flight Paths you are restricted to travel along them in one long, looping line.  Second, the Flight Master's Whistle will send you to one of the unconnected Eagle Flight Path's, making it more hindrance than help.  This makes it far less useful than the teleportation nexus for mages.

Thanks for pointing this out! I especially did not know about the interaction with the whistle. I'll make changes to reflect this info in the next update.

a quick note that might be worth indicating is for the Tier 2 monk Brewhouse, the daily tapping of the keg does have a chance to reward you with the hidden appearance for the Brewmaster artifact, which could be incentive for some to keep it around even if the buff brews are not of much use

30 minutes ago, Guest Amythist said:

a quick note that might be worth indicating is for the Tier 2 monk Brewhouse, the daily tapping of the keg does have a chance to reward you with the hidden appearance for the Brewmaster artifact, which could be incentive for some to keep it around even if the buff brews are not of much use

I'll get that added! Is there a chance for any of the other hidden appearances (WW/MW), that you are aware of?

I have a quick question. For tier 4, druidso have two troops to choose from, but the recommendation is that the player choose the troop. Which of the two should druids take?

3 hours ago, Guest Dudeski said:

I have a quick question. For tier 4, druidso have two troops to choose from, but the recommendation is that the player choose the troop. Which of the two should druids take?

Apologies, that's an oversight, Take Force of the Forest, it is the better of the two.

On 9/12/2016 at 1:38 AM, Blainie said:

I'll get that added! Is there a chance for any of the other hidden appearances (WW/MW), that you are aware of?

Not exclusive to monks, it seems some of the other classes have appearances related to their unique Tier 2 choice.

Alternate appearance items can drop for:
Vengeance Demon Hunters (from Twisting Nether advancement)

Restoration Druids (From Rich Soil)

Frost Mages (From Portal Nexus)

Destruction Warlocks (From Demonic Offering)

3 hours ago, Guest The Busybody said:

Not exclusive to monks, it seems some of the other classes have appearances related to their unique Tier 2 choice.

Thanks! Will do some more research and update this section, as well as the "hidden artifact" section. Most likely coming mid-week this week.

Thanks once again :)

On 9/9/2016 at 3:56 PM, Guest Justin said:

While true, I found that the fast "flying" or at least the 2 minute gliding from the eagle feathers wind up being more useful than the flying itself.  Since I never made any of the additional gliders in WoD, nor the other gliding "toys", I found that helpful.  That alone makes it helpful, especially in high elevation change areas in Broken Isles.

6 hours ago, Guest Dogar said:

While true, I found that the fast "flying" or at least the 2 minute gliding from the eagle feathers wind up being more useful than the flying itself.  Since I never made any of the additional gliders in WoD, nor the other gliding "toys", I found that helpful.  That alone makes it helpful, especially in high elevation change areas in Broken Isles.

I'm glad to hear the other side of the argument here. I had to weigh up both when considering recommendations, so I'm glad someone found the same usefulness that I did!

Please update t2 warrior advancement choice:

• Warrior: A chance at loot from the Circle of Glory is the best choice in the early game, while the mission duration reduction will be best once raids have released.

The rewards from this are nowhere close to having 20% reduced mission time.  I have talked to many warriors in my class hall that have been disappointed that they followed icy veins guide on this and now have to wait an extra 3 days to switch back.

On 9/27/2016 at 4:36 PM, Guest Tibolt said:

Please update t2 warrior advancement choice:

• Warrior: A chance at loot from the Circle of Glory is the best choice in the early game, while the mission duration reduction will be best once raids have released.

The rewards from this are nowhere close to having 20% reduced mission time.  I have talked to many warriors in my class hall that have been disappointed that they followed icy veins guide on this and now have to wait an extra 3 days to switch back.

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear that, I definitely wasn't intending for that result with the guide. I agree that I underestimated the value of the reduction when considering the campaign missions rather than just looking at the order hall missions on the whole. You are correct, the reduction is the best choice and I will update to reflect that. 

Thanks for pointing it out and once again, sorry!

Hey

TL;DR: add TL;DR section to your guides or disappear from google.

So this will probably never pass moderation.

Every time I enter icy-veins I'm disappointed with your page. You have awesome guides, really detailed, worth reading and so on. But whenever I google some general topics like "druid order advancement" your webpage is on top. And when I google such topic I don't want to read 8 pages long guide, I just want straight answers. "On tier 4 chose this, because its best". Your webpage gives full detailed list of all possible choices with totally too long description, but no real advice. Or perhaps there are some, but well hidden and I've never got there. So please could you make your webpage appear second on google, not first? 

Sometimes long reading is required, like mastering your character. And then you're too shallow, more advanced studies are required. But when something could be simply answered "A is better than B" then your page on top of google makes it sound difficult. Adding '-icy' to every google search is annoying, so could you make something that you don't pop on top of google results?

Best regards

Alamakze

On 10/8/2016 at 0:58 AM, alamakze said:

Hey

TL;DR: add TL;DR section to your guides or disappear from google.

So this will probably never pass moderation.

Every time I enter icy-veins I'm disappointed with your page. You have awesome guides, really detailed, worth reading and so on. But whenever I google some general topics like "druid order advancement" your webpage is on top. And when I google such topic I don't want to read 8 pages long guide, I just want straight answers. "On tier 4 chose this, because its best". Your webpage gives full detailed list of all possible choices with totally too long description, but no real advice. Or perhaps there are some, but well hidden and I've never got there. So please could you make your webpage appear second on google, not first? 

Sometimes long reading is required, like mastering your character. And then you're too shallow, more advanced studies are required. But when something could be simply answered "A is better than B" then your page on top of google makes it sound difficult. Adding '-icy' to every google search is annoying, so could you make something that you don't pop on top of google results?

Best regards

Alamakze

We don't decide where our page appears on google.

Quick request for updating on this guide, the Tier 5 paladin and Demon Hunter Tier 5 upgrade to complete world quests was hotfixed last week or so. You can now use the items (which only take 10 minutes to make now) to complete a basic world quest every 18 hours instead of 3 days.

Personally I've found this useful in completing the PvP world quests (which I'm not keen on doing) and thus gaining honor and prestige ranks without needing to do the quests, but it's your call. 

On 10/16/2016 at 10:10 AM, SingingPaladin said:

Personally I've found this useful in completing the PvP world quests (which I'm not keen on doing) and thus gaining honor and prestige ranks without needing to do the quests, but it's your call. 

Ah, very interesting. I actually didn't think about this application at all after the hotfix, since I'm someone that actively PvPs alongside PvE. It didn't really register that people might struggle with the PvP quests. Thanks for letting me know!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.