FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Class Order Halls - Champions

Guest Arkamedeis

i been level 110 and ilvl 850 and i have yet to get my 3rd relic. says i need to do these champion missions, but i only have 2 and dont see where i get my quest lines to get more folowers

On 1/27/2017 at 10:16 PM, Guest Arkamedeis said:

i been level 110 and ilvl 850 and i have yet to get my 3rd relic. says i need to do these champion missions, but i only have 2 and dont see where i get my quest lines to get more folowers

Do you currently have any quests in your order hall section of your quest log? Or just quests in your order hall at all?

I don't see anything in this thread that answers some basic questions. 

My 110 Windwalker has 5 active and 3 inactive Champions - All actives are now 110 and Lvl 800 on Hiro, Taran, and Monkey King with 770 on Chen and Li Li with Aegira, Angus, and Sylara inactive at 110, 109 and 109

FIRST QUESTIONS ON OX & TIGER TROOPS
I have Ox Adepts and Ox Initiates with 2 red hearts in each type - and Tiger Adepts with 2 red and 1 uncolored heart - I keep adding both types every time they are available but nothing tells me how many I have or how many should or could be obtained. Is it wise to keep adding them? Is there a limit? is there a preference?

I use The Monkey King as Combat Ally and I like having him around - he's funny and helpful - but does get in the way and could use miniaturization but it doesn't seem to work here like in Draenor.

SECOND QUESTIONS ON CHAMPIONS LEVELS AND LIMITS. 

I've gotten quite a few of the Heavy, Fortified and 2 Indestructible Armor Sets that add 5, 10 and 15 "levels"  but nothing seems to say how many levels are possible - it seems that 800 is the limit where my top Champions are at present -

Monkey King is 110 ILvl 800 with 60,000 XP to next upgrade  Taran is 100 ilvl 900 with 25890 XP to next upgrade    I think I've added the 5 lvl and 10 lvl armor sets to these at 100, and 800 with no benefit - but nothing says " the level is max" or "you can't do that" so I need to know the limits. 

I send out teams on missions to get more Artifact power mostly then choose whatever gets my Champions more XP or gear - only 4 of 5  have an item in the one open equipment slot.  None have 2 open slots. -  I assume the other slot will open when the next "Upgrade" is reached.  Is that correct?  I have not seen any guide that answers the above questions   

The Garrison Followers seemed more straight forward than this so I'm a bit confused about what the best course to follow may be. Stick with the Champions I have since they are now leveled up or switch to others that came available after these had all reached 110? 

Thanks for any info you may have 

On 3/20/2017 at 3:30 PM, Aurabass said:

Thanks for any info you may have 

Bit late (sorry!), but:

I have Ox Adepts and Ox Initiates with 2 red hearts in each type - and Tiger Adepts with 2 red and 1 uncolored heart - I keep adding both types every time they are available but nothing tells me how many I have or how many should or could be obtained. Is it wise to keep adding them? Is there a limit? is there a preference?

Your maximum of each depends on the choices you make with your advancements. You can generally recruit 3 of the lesser troop and 2 of the greater troop. You should recruit them as soon as they die on missions, or when they have used up all their hearts. Definitely keep recruiting them, since they can be extremely useful for completing missions.

I've gotten quite a few of the Heavy, Fortified and 2 Indestructible Armor Sets that add 5, 10 and 15 "levels"  but nothing seems to say how many levels are possible - it seems that 800 is the limit where my top Champions are at present -

Monkey King is 110 ILvl 800 with 60,000 XP to next upgrade  Taran is 100 ilvl 900 with 25890 XP to next upgrade    I think I've added the 5 lvl and 10 lvl armor sets to these at 100, and 800 with no benefit - but nothing says " the level is max" or "you can't do that" so I need to know the limits. 

The max item level is 850 and should increase with the ToS release.

I send out teams on missions to get more Artifact power mostly then choose whatever gets my Champions more XP or gear - only 4 of 5  have an item in the one open equipment slot.  None have 2 open slots. -  I assume the other slot will open when the next "Upgrade" is reached.  Is that correct?  I have not seen any guide that answers the above questions   

Yes, equipment slots unlock as you upgrade your champions. A third slot opened up if you can make them reach the level after epic since 7.2.

It's best to focus on getting a solid team of 5 prepared before trying to level others. 

Hope this helps and sorry for being late!

Question since I haven't seen it listed anywhere. The legendary equipment that we get for our champions. Is there a limit to only one per Champion, or is there a limit to the type? Say you cant have 3 of the same item? Was trying to search and see but wasn't coming up with anything solid. Got my first piece from doing the intro stuff on Broken shore, perfect piece for my CA (100 OR on WQ and 50g on WQ). Would hate that that would be the only one it could use.

Guest Mal

I'm wondering if anybody has a list of highest DPS combat ally champions per class?  I am playing healers and tanks primarily, and with this new scaling garbage it is getting painfully slow to quest or do just about anything, so could really use a champion to lay the smack down on the Legion with.  Help?

I came here hoping to find a reasonably optimal suggestion for my champions set up: meaning for my class, the specific champions to activate, and what to equip them with. This seems like the kind of advice IV specializes in.

Guest Trumpty trumperoo

Hiya! I was hoping to find some answers regarding these boring followers. Since I basically didn't give a crap about them on my alts, I now only have 4 followers in total on the alt I've begun to main. They're ilvl is roughly round 800. So I'm guessing I need to finish all the class hall quests to get more followers?

And now in 7.3 all the missions available to me are other than the "upgrade follower item ones", so I can't complete any missions cause the ilvl is to low on followers. Is there anyway to fix this, like buying upgrades on the AH or from a vendor?

Cheers

On 03/09/2017 at 7:46 PM, Guest Trumpty trumperoo said:

Hiya! I was hoping to find some answers regarding these boring followers. Since I basically didn't give a crap about them on my alts, I now only have 4 followers in total on the alt I've begun to main. They're ilvl is roughly round 800. So I'm guessing I need to finish all the class hall quests to get more followers?

And now in 7.3 all the missions available to me are other than the "upgrade follower item ones", so I can't complete any missions cause the ilvl is to low on followers. Is there anyway to fix this, like buying upgrades on the AH or from a vendor?

Yeah, you need to finish class hall quests for followers.

For gear, you can buy it from the Nethershard vendor on Broken Shore. Puts them at 880. 

Updates will be coming for all issues listed above within the next 7 days, alongside updates to old rep/order hall guides.

Im having a very hard time . i did the Lights heart quest , brought it back to the class hall, but i know because a friend of mine is at the same point , that the lights heart should be standing upright in the class hall and begins the Illadan quest , what i dont understand is why is mine ( lights heart ) laying down , like i am missing a quest or something . Thank you for your help as I am about to scream lol 

17 hours ago, Jewells said:

Im having a very hard time . i did the Lights heart quest , brought it back to the class hall, but i know because a friend of mine is at the same point , that the lights heart should be standing upright in the class hall and begins the Illadan quest , what i dont understand is why is mine ( lights heart ) laying down , like i am missing a quest or something . Thank you for your help as I am about to scream lol 

Have you completed Val'Sharah? You need the Tears of Elune to continue I think.

On 10/31/2017 at 4:33 AM, Blainie said:

Have you completed Val'Sharah? You need the Tears of Elune to continue I think.

thank you , i will look into that and see if that helps :) 

On 11/1/2017 at 9:13 PM, Jewells said:

thank you , i will look into that and see if that helps :) 

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask again if you need more help :)

Guest Thandi

on one of my toons I have a button which makes my combat ally either visible all the time or only visible when needed.  on another toon I do not have this button.  Any help finding it?  MY demon hunter has shade of akama as a combat ally and he is very annoying.  He flies a huge mount and is always in the way.  On the other hand he has very nice ewuipment that gets me lots of gold and resources.  I would like to continue to use him.

On 11/02/2018 at 6:55 PM, Guest Thandi said:

on one of my toons I have a button which makes my combat ally either visible all the time or only visible when needed.  on another toon I do not have this button.  Any help finding it?  MY demon hunter has shade of akama as a combat ally and he is very annoying.  He flies a huge mount and is always in the way.  On the other hand he has very nice ewuipment that gets me lots of gold and resources.  I would like to continue to use him.

Only some followers have this option, unfortunately. I'm not sure why it wasn't present for all, but it's not.

Hello,

I had checked this post not so long ago and found that for some classes, there weren't 2 followers of each spec, which is what I hear being recommended on most sites. 

That is why I have been using the following setup for my followers before now:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDwso4GDbiE

It seems that in the latest update you made sure there are 2 of each spec, so I will give your recommendations a try.

So far some seem the same as the ones in the guide I linked (like shaman), but some (like for priest) are very different (no more sol in your guide, I could have sworn it was in there a week ish ago). It makes me wonder why a certain setup of 6 followers is picked over another, and if it really makes such a difference (I only want the best, you know :P)

I'm gonna try out your setup and see which I like more. I'm sure it's not so simple to say which setup is "better", and I really don't have the patience or knowhow to go over all the things that determine why you pick a certain follower over another, but I trust that people like you, who make the guides, know what they're doing and I am grateful that you put the effort in so that lazy plebs like me can have a cheat sheet.

Thanks!

On 27/04/2018 at 2:31 AM, Amenophyckxs said:

Hello,

I had checked this post not so long ago and found that for some classes, there weren't 2 followers of each spec, which is what I hear being recommended on most sites. 

That is why I have been using the following setup for my followers before now:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDwso4GDbiE

It seems that in the latest update you made sure there are 2 of each spec, so I will give your recommendations a try.

So far some seem the same as the ones in the guide I linked (like shaman), but some (like for priest) are very different (no more sol in your guide, I could have sworn it was in there a week ish ago). It makes me wonder why a certain setup of 6 followers is picked over another, and if it really makes such a difference (I only want the best, you know :P)

I'm gonna try out your setup and see which I like more. I'm sure it's not so simple to say which setup is "better", and I really don't have the patience or knowhow to go over all the things that determine why you pick a certain follower over another, but I trust that people like you, who make the guides, know what they're doing and I am grateful that you put the effort in so that lazy plebs like me can have a cheat sheet.

Thanks!

So, the best example I can give that explains this is our choices for Rogue. We do not recommend Taoshi - this is not because she is a bad champion by any means, but because she has an extra trait that makes her more useful on missions that are above 8 hours long. This was excellent at the start of the expansion, when you had very little gear and such that reduced the length of missions. Now, gear for champions is very easily available and has extremely high stats (20% reduction vs. 5% reduction gear, for example). This means that, except for a select few missions, very few end up actually being above 8 hours. This means that, unless you are doing a weekly raid mission, for example, or not countering things properly (should not be happening), one of Taoshi's traits is wasted 90% of the time. 

Instead, you can take Garona, for example. who has a 3rd trait that increases success chance against bosses by 15%. That's somewhat more likely to be useful, more often.

For your point on Priest, let's take Sol as an example. 2-slot missions are more common now, meaning that the likelihood of you managing to get Sol's third trait active is reduced. You'll need Sol to counter the mission alone with a troop, which is only going to happen in very specific circumstances. The guide you linked also suggests Mariella, who falls into the same category as Taoshi. Not bad, but that third trait has just become so useless in 7.3.5 and with Argus missions, troops and gear.

12 hours ago, Blainie said:

So, the best example I can give that explains this is our choices for Rogue. We do not recommend Taoshi - this is not because she is a bad champion by any means, but because she has an extra trait that makes her more useful on missions that are above 8 hours long. This was excellent at the start of the expansion, when you had very little gear and such that reduced the length of missions. Now, gear for champions is very easily available and has extremely high stats (20% reduction vs. 5% reduction gear, for example). This means that, except for a select few missions, very few end up actually being above 8 hours. This means that, unless you are doing a weekly raid mission, for example, or not countering things properly (should not be happening), one of Taoshi's traits is wasted 90% of the time. 

Instead, you can take Garona, for example. who has a 3rd trait that increases success chance against bosses by 15%. That's somewhat more likely to be useful, more often.

For your point on Priest, let's take Sol as an example. 2-slot missions are more common now, meaning that the likelihood of you managing to get Sol's third trait active is reduced. You'll need Sol to counter the mission alone with a troop, which is only going to happen in very specific circumstances. The guide you linked also suggests Mariella, who falls into the same category as Taoshi. Not bad, but that third trait has just become so useless in 7.3.5 and with Argus missions, troops and gear.

I only used the guide I linked because it was the only one I found that talked about all classes. and since I have every class it was just more convenient to have one place to go to look up everything.

I'm really glad I found yours cause you explain why a certain thing is better. this last comment really removes all doubt I had, I'm changing all my followers to those that you suggested (already did on some).

Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put in, it is super helpful!

On 1.5.2018 at 12:16 AM, Amenophyckxs said:

I only used the guide I linked because it was the only one I found that talked about all classes. and since I have every class it was just more convenient to have one place to go to look up everything.

I'm really glad I found yours cause you explain why a certain thing is better. this last comment really removes all doubt I had, I'm changing all my followers to those that you suggested (already did on some).

Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put in, it is super helpful!

No problem, happy to help! If you have any more questions, just ask.

• Like 1

Hello again :)

I'm going over the list of followers for rogue. It says the following:

"The best setup for Rogue would be to use Garona, Jorach, Maria, Tess or Lilian, Tethys, Vanessa and Meatball."

I suspect that by "maria" you mean Marin, but that would make you end up with 3 outlaw, 2 assassination and only 1 subtlety follower.

Is that intended?

13 hours ago, Amenophyckxs said:

Hello again :)

I'm going over the list of followers for rogue. It says the following:

"The best setup for Rogue would be to use Garona, Jorach, Maria, Tess or Lilian, Tethys, Vanessa and Meatball."

I suspect that by "maria" you mean Marin, but that would make you end up with 3 outlaw, 2 assassination and only 1 subtlety follower.

Is that intended?

Really silly typo there - it should be Mathias, not Marin/Maria.

He's an incredibly useful champion with his Master Plans trait. I can't jump into game to check now, but that should be 2/2/2 - Garona + Mathias for Assassination, Lilian/Tess + Jorach for Sub, Vanessa + Tethys for Outlaw.

I'll submit an update ASAP to put Mathias in. Sorry!

15 hours ago, Amenophyckxs said:

That's ok, for the amount of stuff you write, there's got to be some minor typos here and there. thanks for the clarification!

I've put in an update, so it should reflect on the site soon, hopefully! Sorry once again!