Shredderizer

Havoc vs Vengeance dps

4 posts in this topic

So i was doing a dungeon for a storyquest, and i was lvl 107 Havoc, and doing the most dps in the group, but halfway through the dungeon we decided to kick the warrior tank for taking a dump for well over 10 minutes. We got a new DH tank at lvl 101 (vengeance, duh) and she surpassed my dps with over 15% by the end of the dungeon, without me resetting my dps meter, how tha F is that possible? I'ma dps whore btw x)

I tried playing vengeance while questing, but felt like the mobs didn't die as quickly as they used to when i was havoc. And yes, i am pretty sure it's not because i suck :P

I know two specs can surpass one another at different lvls, so my question is this: at 110/endgame, what spec for DH is best regarding dps?

Edited by Shredderizer

2 hours ago, Shredderizer said:

I know two specs can surpass one another at different lvls, so my question is this: at 110, what spec for DH is best regarding dps?

Veng is a tank spec.

Havoc is a DPS spec.

In 5 man content, early in a tier, tanks of all classes will commonly out DPS on trash pulls due to their very powerful AoE. 

if you are looking at the DPS meter and trying to track why the Tank is doing more damage at lower lvl, it is beacuse of the new scaling system.

Veng is tank, but as he is 101 and your 107 everything is worked on a percentage base. therefore you see the mob with higher health as you are higher lvl, he sees the mobs with lower health, his attack takes 5% dmg on the mob at his lvl, to keep it balanced he takes 5% dmg off the mob at your lvl aswell, therefore on your meter he has taken 5% of the health of that mob...when in reality he has taken 5% off the mob at his lvl.

the scaling system has effectivly ruined the Dmg meters unless everyone in the group is the same lvl.

hope this helps solve your problem

On 3.9.2016 at 3:37 PM, Quintessence said:

veng is tank, but as he is 101 and your 107 everything is worked on a percentage base. therefore you see the mob with higher health as you are higher lvl, he sees the mobs with lower health, his attack takes 5% dmg on the mob at his lvl, to keep it balanced he takes 5% dmg off the mob at your lvl aswell, therefore on your meter he has taken 5% of the health of that mob...when in reality he has taken 5% off the mob at his lvl.

Yeah, i realised this when i saw the mobs in different zones scale to my lvl when they were a lower lvl on my alt. And i understand (kinda) that mobs in dungeons must be scaled down for lower lvls, but i still think the scaling should be taken into consideration for correct dps charts on either skada or Recount. But i'm just on my own little quest to find the best dps class, both single target and multiple targets :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MarcHethrusWaters
      Maximum Effort is a new guild on Cenarion circle (A). I was the raid leader for my guild for a long time and we built up a strong raid team. Due to do some dis-agreements between me and the guild leader I was forced to leave. But luckly enough a lot of my team followed me! We're working to build a guild focused around team work and group progression. We love doing mythics, raids, talking and theory crafting about the game!
      We have a very strong-core raid group, capable of clearing heroic and doing some mythic but we're just missing a few people to round it out!
      Raid nights.. Tue/wed 6-830pm server (9:30-11:30 est) Off night Monday 6-830pm server (9-11:30 est)
      Looking for.. -Any and all dps specs
      - Non pally or holy priest healer!
      All raid mats and needs are covered by guild, we run personal look just for the ease of it.
      My btag is Hethrus#1504 if you have questions or wish to try out!
    • By MarcHethrusWaters
      Maximum Effort is a new guild on Cenarion circle (A). I was the raid leader for my guild for a long time and we built up a strong raid team. Due to do some dis-agreements between me and the guild leader I was forced to leave. But luckly enough a lot of my team followed me! We're working to build a guild focused around team work and group progression. We love doing mythics, raids, talking and theory crafting about the game!
      We have a very strong-core raid group, capable of clearing heroic and doing some mythic but we're just missing a few people to round it out!
      Raid nights.. Tue/wed 6-830pm server (9:30-11:30 est) Off night Monday 6-830pm server (9-11:30 est)
      Looking for.. -Any and all dps specs -possibly a raid healer
      All raid mats and needs are covered by guild, we run personal look just for the ease of it.
      My btag is Hethrus#1504 if you have questions or wish to try out!
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 920~ ilvl
      - 52+ traits.
      - 3/9 in ToS.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made..
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Death Knight: Blood.
      Druid: Guardian and Balance.
      Hunter: MM/BM.
      Monk: Brewmaster.
      Rogue: Open.
      Warlock: Open.
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By Maplefire
      Looking for a fun progression guild? Hordeland Security could be your new home! We started at launch, and have raided on Blackhand, Baelgun, and now Turalyon. 

We currently raid on Tuesdays and Thursdays 19:00- 21:15 CDT. We understand that no one has an unlimited amount of time to play. Our raiders know when to goof around and when to be serious.
      Interested? Drop us a line!
      Deputy Raid Leader: Duerdon#1111
      Director: Saffy#1122
      -or-
      lil ol' me - Maplefire#1200 - (mention you're from the Icy Veins thread so my brain won't explode)
      http://www.hordelandsecurity.org
      (forgive the Pandaran background - web designer is on a looooong break)
      Thanks for your consideration - happy raiding!