FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Qode17

Protection Likes 7.0

Hello Paladins!

I must say I enjoy the new Protection spec, even though I never played paladin in WOD. There mobility options are really there for us =)

What's you favorite:

• Feature,
  • Change &
  • Talent Combos,

for Prot Pallies in 7.0?

On 2.9.2016 at 6:06 AM, Qode17 said:

Hello Paladins!

I must say I enjoy the new Protection spec, even though I never played paladin in WOD. There mobility options are really there for us =)

What's you favorite:

• Feature,
  • Change &
  • Talent Combos,

for Prot Pallies in 7.0?

As someone that has to heal Prot Paladins, I love everything about them right now :P

On 02/09/2016 at 1:06 PM, Qode17 said:

Hello Paladins!

What's you favorite:

• Feature,
  • Change &
  • Talent Combos,

for Prot Pallies in 7.0?

As quite experienced Prot pala tank, I like it. You have some more variety of choice for talents: you can focus on additional damage taken reduction, provide more utility for raid, focus on damage, or even become semi-support tank (healing others with HotP).

As someone leveling all tanks 100-110, Paladin is probably my favorite solo play for sure.  The others get great stuff later in their artifact traits but Paladin just gets all the good stuff baked in.  In general while the other classes have lost options (with varying degrees) for simplicity, Paladins have retained most of their tools.  Only downside is I'm not a super fan of ret & holy and its one of the overplayed classes historically.

Yeah, Paladin is awesome for solo play, especially once you start spamming those hammers. I just think it looks amazing while it's doing its thing. Feels like the Crusader from Diablo, another class that I love.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      Sep 1 Hotfixes

Blizzard Entertainment
      September 1
      Hotfixes
      Classes
      Death Knight
      Anti-Magic Barrier should no longer grant more than the intended bonus when combined with other effects that increase health. Vampiric Blood should no longer grant more than the intended bonus when combined with other effects that increase health. Mage
      Ignite spreading will no longer incorrectly remove other Mages' Ignite. Monk
      Fortifying Brew should no longer grant more than the intended bonus when combined with other effects that increase health. Shaman
      Enhancement Shamans should no longer be prevented from using instant Healing Surge while moving. Warrior
      Commanding Shout should no longer grant more than the intended bonus when combined with other effects that increase health. Items
      The tooltip for Tome of the Clear Mind now correctly states a maximum player level of 109 for its use. Equippable items from Legion dungeon treasure chests should match your class proficiencies. Skaggldrynk should now properly share a cooldown with other combat potions. NPCs
      Tarben <Jarl of Tideskorn Harbor> should now cast his Jarl’s Command fear spell a bit less often. In Darkbrul Arena, Stonefist Brawler’s stun attack should now be removable by effects that remove stuns. Professions
      Reaves Module: Snack Distribution Mode no longer requires feasts. PvP
      Experience earned from gaining Honor has been reduced by approximately 50%. Developer’s note: We want battlegrounds and skirmishes to be a worthwhile and rewarding activity while leveling, but that should not be the most efficient method for gaining XP. While we've decreased the experience from PvP, it is still more efficient than it was in previous expansions. Quests
      Fixed an issue where faction transfers would interfere with Death Knight's ability to complete the Class Hall quest "The Firstborn Rises". Fixed a bug causing players who died during the sequence of Dalaran's teleportion would get stuck in Deadwind Pass. Paladins should now be able to progress with their Class Hall Campaigns after completing the quest "The Scion's Legacy", by speaking with Lord Maxwell Tyrosus. Teensy Weensy Fae Dragons should now appear more frequently during the quest “Teensy Weenies!”. Artifact
      Rogue player should no longer sometimes experience issues using their Smoke Bomb during "The Unseen Blade". Players should no longer be erroneously placed in a phase in Deadwind Pass that makes them unable to complete quests in the area, including "Following the Curse." Hunters completing to quest to obtain their second or third artifact should no longer receive the quest "Hunter to Hunter" after turn-in. The points of interest for the Warrior quest “Legacy of the Icebreaker" are now displaying correctly and the stage objectives update appropriately. Azsuna
      Daglop should no longer disengage with the player, allowing “Minion! Kill Them!” to be completed normally. During "The Right Weapon for the Job", shipwrecked captives in the Shipwreck Arena clubhouse should no longer glow as if they’re viable targets for the quest. Players who leave the area and return during the “The Scythe of Souls” should be able to complete the quest. Players entering the Nor'danil Wellspring in Azsuna should no longer be incorrectly queued to enter the Withered Scenario in Suramar. Players should no longer fail to loot several quest objects in the Nar’thalas Academy during quests such as "Study Hall: Combat Research" and “Dressing with Class”. Highmountain
      The bungee rope attached to the player should no longer disappear during the quest “Going Down, Going Up”. Mayla Highmountain should no longer leave combat and reset the Wrath of Dargrul boss fight during “The Underking”. On “Murlocs: The Next Generation” and “Oh, the Clawdacity!”, Murky’s abilities no longer affect other players in PvP. Gurrullrurlll mrrrgrglru ruluulll. Stormheim
      "Waking the Shieldmaiden" now has a correctly-placed location dot on the map. Val’sharah
      Fixed a number of issues with the "Defend The Temple" Bonus Objective in Val'sharah. UI
      Obelisk of the Void should appear in the Dungeon Journal for all ranged damage dealers and healers. Zones
      Orgrimmar, Stormwind, and previously invasion-affected areas should once again be unified for single realms. Developer’s note: On RP servers, we’re setting sharding and cross-realm zoning back to how things were working before the Burning Legion invaded. This had been changed for stability during pre-launch events and invasions.  
    • By Lapideus
      Hi fellow protection paladins,

I am new to Icy-Veins and fairly new to WoW (started playing about a month ago for the first time since WOTLK, which I only played for about a month) and I'm really enjoying the Protection Paladin playstyle, skills and tanking in general. I have read and watched tanking guides pretty much wherever I can find them and follow them as far as I can understand them without much experience.

Now that I'm level 100 and have a few items collected (three Truesteel items [chest, pants, shield]) I really want to get stuck into running dungeons, on Normal at first, before attempting Heroic dungeons and maybe even some LFRs. The issue I currently have is how to balance the random nature of upgrades with statistics, or in other words, ilvl vs. stat priority.

So according to guides and some common sense the stat priority goes as follows: bonus armour, mastery, versatility, crit

Now the question is how much I actually need to comfortably tank normal dungeons now, and heroic dungeons later? (I know these are low goals, but I'd rather get the important stuff down early) Back in WOTLK there were hard guidelines - you needed 45% block, 5000 armour, 15 parry etc to tank Naxx as Paladin and so forth. Are there any such guidelines for WoD?

Secondly, at what ratio does one stat become more useful than another? Here I will use an example. Today I got two helm upgrades (I was wearing a ilvl610 crit haste helm):
       - Morgo's Unstoppable Ramming Helm
       - Crown of Desolation
      So, Morgo's gives a large chunk of Mastery, the second-most useful stat to a prot (a whole 1.01% block, getting me to 37.20% block and 13.89% mastery unbuffed) while the Crown only gives crit (which does increase parry by 1.26%, but leaves me at 36.26% block and 12.88% mastery).
      Is it at all worthwhile to hang on to Morgo's? Or do the extra points of strength and stamina on the Crown make up for the 1% block chance and mastery loss?

Thirdly, is there a rough guideline for inclusion of less-important stats on a Protection Paladin such as 10% haste or 12.5% crit for overall balance on the character or would the perfect Protection setup only have Bonus Armour, Mastery and Versatility?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

In addition - I have unlocked Heroic Dungeons but I've basically been too scared to queue for them because I don't know whether the character is actually ready to attempt tougher content with its current gear, ilvl and stats.

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/terokkar/Lapideus/advanced
    • By Stardance
      Hello,

This version of CLCProt has been replaced by CLCProt for WoW Warlords of Draenor 6.0: 

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=23105

nil carborundum illegitimi
    • By Alantor
      http://www.icy-veins...downs-abilities
      I'm pretty sure Cons>AS
      Also it's important notice that SS does benefit from vengance, so you should not prepull with it.