Ilduros

DPS question

8 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I hope you had an awesome start with Legion and that you are enjoying it so far! Currently I have a question regarding the DPS you're dealing in average. I cannot surpass 135k dps with 826 iLvL Gear at the target dummy in stormwind (the raid one ofc). I am using the momentum build and I am still trying to optimize my rotation. What I am basically doing is:

1. Maxing out my fury
  2. using fel rush / retreat (depends which one isup)
  3. spend all my fury on Chaos Strike while momentum
  4. Having Fury of the Illidari up when available and when Momentum is up

Is there something I am doing wrong? A DK friend of mine is dealing 180-200k DPS with the same gear and right procs. An elemental shaman is dealing 160k DPS. We are all on the same dummy target for around 2-3 minutes. The DK friend uses his army spell in the beginning of course.

Here's my armory link (at the time of this writing not the newest!): http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/blackmoore/Ilduros/simple

Do you have any suggestions regarding my rotation?

Your armory isn't updating, this is a widespread issue with the armory right now and we're waiting on blizzard to fix it. Nothing you can do right now about it.

Logs please. Even if it is just target dummy it helps a lot to tell what you are doing wrong.

I spent some time on the dummy and I'm doing about 172k without using Meta.

Something that stands out on your rotation you listed is the lack of Glaive Throw, this + Bloodlet talent is a huge DPS gain.

Something to note also is that the SW dummy is a really bad target, lot of random AOE around there so unless you're using filers well on skada/recount/details it is easy to get inflated information. i.e., when I first looked at mine I was doing 468k dps...knowing that had to be wrong I filtered it out to only being the raid target dummy and I was doing 172k.

I'll be posting some logs here tomorrow. Well I wasnt using throw glaive that often, thats one mistake ive made. I'll try to log it tomorrow for more insight!

Another problem might be, that you maxed your Fury before using FR/VR since those generate Fury aswell (with related talent picks). Further it could be the lack of using Eye Beam with the Anguish of the Deceiver Gold-Trait.

Edited by Sherien

Thanks for the advice! I am currently ILvL 842 and with the Prepared talent I am doing around 175k DPS on a single target dummy in the Fel Hammer. I changed from Demon's Bite and Prepared to the Demon's Blade Talent (not so spammy) and now I am doing 195k DPS with my full rotation (Meta at the beginning etc.). Since all guides are saying, that prepared is the best suit for most (especially single target) sitatuions, I am guessing that I am doing something "horribly" wrong.

With which tool shall I post the logs?

8 hours ago, Ilduros said:

Thanks for the advice! I am currently ILvL 842 and with the Prepared talent I am doing around 175k DPS on a single target dummy in the Fel Hammer. I changed from Demon's Bite and Prepared to the Demon's Blade Talent (not so spammy) and now I am doing 195k DPS with my full rotation (Meta at the beginning etc.). Since all guides are saying, that prepared is the best suit for most (especially single target) sitatuions, I am guessing that I am doing something "horribly" wrong.

With which tool shall I post the logs?

I'd say https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ would do. Though it might take a while to log your dummy training DPS.

Out of curiosity, what is a reasonable amount of dps a havoc demon hunter ought to be dishing out at 845 ilvl? I'm kinda bouncing up and down on recount anywhere from 250k-300k on the fel hammer raider's training dummy. I've gone as low as 160ish on certain boss fights that force me to run out of melee range of the boss a lot due to mechanics.

Depends a lot on fight length right now, in a mythic with my guild I can drop 380-410k in a 45 second fight w/ lust. In a heroic with 4 randoms sometimes I'm as low as 225k on a 3min fight w/ mechanics and no lust.

Sounds like you're about on point, we'll know a LOT better how everyone is doing next week with raids and mythic+

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Iose
      Hi, i am Iose, a newb ass 866 DH DPS. Can i please have some help to boost my DPS? 
      This is my fight with Star Auger Etraeus, my most recent fight with current gear and talents shown on armoury.
      Thanks in advance
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting DPS & Heals, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 8/10N NH 4/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, or any type of Monk. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required. We are pushing progression on Il'gynoth, and look forward to finishing off EN then moving on to Nighthold, we will be intermittently working on Mythic TOV.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review, make a character on our realm and inbox me, or hit me up on real ID (violentravi#1826).  Alternatively, if you are old school, please apply via our website:  http://www.adelante-guild.com
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild
    • By Esabeth
      Our mission is to enjoy World of Warcraft with old and new friends, defeat Azeroth’s enemies, experience daring sagas and savor the land of Azeroth and beyond.

Ascendency is a guild comprised of sociable, mature (21+), team oriented and easy going players. We are looking for more with similar affinities wanting to explore the game and all its aspects all while having fun. All classes are welcomed. Here’s what we offer:

Faction: Horde
      Server: US-Thrall – EST
      Member Type: Adult (21+) Working class w/full time jobs
      Voice Service: Discord
      Social Community: 
      Bi-monthly guild contests/activities, holiday events, and general achievement runs.
      We strive to foster a guild community that represents our values and serve as a home for members, our focus for Legion will be PVE Raid content, Group Mythic Dungeon runs, PVP content, and Achievements. 
      Raid: 
      For those dedicated, who seek a challenge, and are able to progressively ascend higher-level content, come join the Ascendant Legion to defeat Azeroth’s enemies.

Details: Normal progression
      Dedicated/dynamic Team
      Tuesday - 8PM EST (3hr)/Wednesday - 8PM EST (3hr)
      We are 7/7 Emerald Night, 3/3 Trial of Valor and 3/10 Nighthold on the first week!
      Currently Recruiting:
      Death Knight - Tank Demon Hunter - Tank Druid - Tank, Range Dps or Healer Mage - Dps Monk - Tank, Dps or Healer Paladin - Tank or Healer Priest - Healer Shaman - Range Dps Warlock - Dps Hunter - Range Dps
      Loot: Personal
      Class: The one you enjoy (with a chosen off-spec kept up to date)

PVP:
      For those interested in competing together to slay opposing faction players, join and help forge a merciless cadre of champions.

Details: Battlegrounds/Thursdays - 8:30PM EST (2hrs)
      Class: The one you enjoy 

Group Mythic Dungeons:
      For those interested in challenging themselves outside of Raids, then the new Mythic Dungeons feature could be the right fit for you. You get showcase your talents and get rewarded with increasing challenges and loot. Mythic groups will be more fluid than our raid group and can be run on more accommodating night for players with fluctuating schedules.

Details: 5-Man Group
      Sunday/Monday-8PM EST (2hrs)
      Loot: Personal
      Class: The one you enjoy (with a chosen off-spec kept up to date)

Achievements: 
      As an effort to promote the guild’s values, We plan to seek both old content and new, accomplishing those more elusive ones as a group while having a great time. Achievements like For the Horde, Herald of the Titans, meta-raid, and dungeon achievements are some of the achievement we will be looking complete. Our goal is work together and support fellow members to accomplish some the games toughest achievements. Some require a team to complete or at the very least make it easier.

Details: Ascendency Members/As scheduled

Guild Communication:
      The guild has a paid web site, Facebook page and a Twitter account enabling members to socialize and stay informed with the latest and greatest. The website is our primary location to keep up with happenings of the guild.
      http://ascendency.guildlaunch.com/
      https://www.facebook.com/ascendencyguild
      Twitter: Ascendencyguild

Kyriale#1795 - Jyotika
      Esabeth#1634 - Caelaera
      Feorne#1606 - Nóz
      Kelden#1324 - Stormdash