g4m3sh4rk

Furty's Destro Guide - Just an odd question

7 posts in this topic

OK, so in the section labeled "Opening Sequence" Furty has the priority setup like this:

4. Opening Sequence

1. Use Potion of Deadly Grace Icon Potion of Deadly Grace.
  2. Pre-cast Incinerate Icon Incinerate at 5 seconds on the countdown.
  3. Pre-cast a second Incinerate Icon Incinerate.
  4. Pre-cast Immolate Icon Immolate.

I am probably reading this entirely wrong but it looks like he wants me to pre-cast 2 spells, one spell twice. If this is accurate, then I assume the fight starts after the first IncinerateIncinerate. With that assumption why do I cast a second IncinerateIncinerate? Why not just move into casting ImmolateImmolate? Please help me, I am simply trying to figure out how this whole priority rotation BS is suppose to work but it isn't as black and white to me as it seems to appear to everyone else. 

I'm not a Warlock genius, but I assume this is due to the travel time of Incinerate. Unless I remember incorrectly, the spell moves rather slowly and, given the max range, your spell will most likely hit the boss as it starts. That's the only thing that comes to mind.

In the future, it's worth putting your comment in the comments thread of the guide

• Like 2

Incinerate is like chaosbolt, it moves very slow. When  it hits the boss it does it's dmg so the 5 secs are ok.
I tried it already out in prepatch (all ids).
In our group I started to cast at 4 because of ping, player reaction and so on.
Some times I pulled when casting on 5 because of the "bad?" reaction of the tank.

Edited by WarChris
  • Like 1

hmm... so I'm still not quite understanding this concept... is it because in theory, if you cast the two and then immolate, all three will hit the boss around the same time because the slow moving Incinerate? Why not cast immolate once the boss is engaged? Does Incinerate buff any spells? Sorry that I'm not catching on...

14 hours ago, Lightsourced said:

hmm... so I'm still not quite understanding this concept... is it because in theory, if you cast the two and then immolate, all three will hit the boss around the same time because the slow moving Incinerate? Why not cast immolate once the boss is engaged? Does Incinerate buff any spells? Sorry that I'm not catching on...

So essentially, you are required to keep Immolate up at all times and never letting it drop. By pre-casting these spells, we can immediately have the debuff up on the boss. Due to the way the cast and travel times work, your first Incinerate and the Immolate will hit at the same time. Your second Incinerate will hit shortly after.

You can then immediately launch into your normal rotation, rather than having to spend time in the actual boss fight applying your first Immolate.

im going to assume that with the coming shard changes, that incin can be replaced with a CB. This is actually really nice for destros openers because we can pretty much start the fight with eradication rolling. 

on the topic of openers...im currently putting up my immo, conflag, conflag, then CB. once eradication is up i pop all three portals, throw in my serv imp and doomguard, by that time i recast immo and conflag and then another CB. Everything seems to just line up nicely at the start there.

18 hours ago, vaeevictiss said:

im going to assume that with the coming shard changes, that incin can be replaced with a CB. This is actually really nice for destros openers because we can pretty much start the fight with eradication rolling. 

Will definitely be interesting to see. I'm sure Furty will keep things updated shortly after those shard changes go live!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Treylawny
      <Trust> may be what you're looking for if you enjoy killing internet dragons with a group of like minded players! Currently we are 8/9 Heroic, soon to be stepping into Mythic ToS. We are recruiting to finish rounding out our raid team. <Trust> is located on the [US] Doomhammer/Baelgun pve servers, alliance side! Check us out!

About Us:
      <Trust> is a recently formed guild, founded by a group of long time players that have been raiding together for a couple of years now. Founded out of a desire to continue raiding in a casual-progression manner, we work towards defeating mythic bosses. <Trust> is a raiding guild, first and foremost.

Our Raids:
      <Trust> maintains a progression-oriented 2-day semi-casual raiding team. That's 'semi' as in we expect our team members to always prioritize life first; but not 'casual' as in we take downing bosses less seriously. We strive to maintain a balance of taking our progression raids seriously while having plenty of laughs along the way.

Raid Schedule:
      Tuesday & Thursday: 5p – 8p server (8p – 11p eastern)
      Friday(optional): 5p – 8p server (8p – 11p eastern)

Recruitment:
      <Trust> is looking for full time Resto Druid, Mages, Hunters, and Warlocks for our raid team. We are also open for good people to join as casual players, pvpers, with the option to join farm content or alt raids.

More Info:
      Feel free to reach out to us:
      Recruitment Officer:
      In game - Treylawny
      Battletag - Treylawny#1813

Guild Lead:
      In game – Oleic
      Battletag - Jarg#1591

-OR-

Website and Application: <Trust> (US)Doomhammer/Baelgun
      (The app is quick and painless as its used primarily to get your name to us quickly!)

Discord is our way of communicating during raid; also used for casual chatting!

• By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 920~ ilvl
      - 52+ traits.
      - 3/9 in ToS.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made..
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Death Knight: Blood.
      Druid: Guardian and Balance.
      Hunter: MM/BM.
      Monk: Brewmaster.
      Rogue: Open.
      Warlock: Open.
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By Sharken808
      Hey guys,
      Before you start any transmog farm ensure you have the following addons:
      https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/lootappraiser
      https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/tradeskill-master
      The farm i will be doing is located in the vanilla blackwing lair raid,
      This can be done with only a few characters as you require 2 things:
      - A way to drop combat such as invisibility or feign death
      - Magical damage such as arcane explosion for mages or hunter trap 
      the best option is still to use mage and even better would be a nightelf mage as you would have shadowmeld and invisibility.
      A detailed video on any information you may need.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiboRlLf-zY
      Thanks for your time and i hope you get some nice stuff.
    • By Athenior
      "For AoE there are two options. The first of these is Loramus Thalipedes' Sacrifice, further increasing the power of  Fel Rush for each subsequent target you charge through, though recent changes have diminished how powerful this is. 7.2 has extended this to apply with the first target hit, but are still unremarkable."
      This may sound stupid but I was hoping someone could just help me clarify this last sentence of this section. "7.2 has extended this to apply with the first target hit, but are still unremarkable." I'm a bit confused as to what this means. Is this sentence saying that the damage is "unremarkable" in a good way? Or bad way? I've just received the legendary boots and am trying to see if they're a good choice in fights with a lot of adds. 
      Thank you for your time. 
    • By Taan
      Hi, boys and girls!
      I recently played Evo-Shaman again (Brian Kiblers version basically), after having a lot of fun (and frustration) at the beginning of Whispers of the old Gods with an Evo-Deck and trying the Jade version in Mean Streets of Gadgetzan. But all the time I played it, it felt like I had a lot of bad luck with Evolve. Always getting something worse than I had before. So now I tried to prove myself wrong by doing some math (or counting). And I want to share my results with you! Enjoy!

First off the five different classes:
      Bomb : possibly gamewinning. Overwhelming stats and/or powerful abilities. The best you can get for this price (e.g. Succubus, Savannah Highmane, Aya Blackpaw, Cairne Bloodhoof)
      Better : better stats than before (e.g. 2/3 from evolving a Totem) or a some kind of useful effect (e.g. Deathrattle) (e.g. Kindly Grandmother, Ornery Direhorn, Argent Commander)
      Mediocre : underwhelming stats or a downside / probably useless effect. (e.g. Scavenging Hyena, Frozen Crusher, Cabal Shadow Priest)
      Bad : worse than before. Terrible stats compared to other cards of the same cost (e.g. Grimestreet Outfitter, Nerubian Prophet)
      Awful : cards that can make you loose the game, are entirely useless in most situations or have extremly bad stats (e.g. Doomsayer, Ancient Watcher, Big-Time Racketeer)

And some important things to considerate:
      cards are evaluated like if you are ahead or equal to your opponent (e.g. Abomination is Aweful)
      cards with useful effects are evaluated compared to an every day situation with a somewhat aggressive Evolution-Shaman-Deck. Likewise minions like The Voraxx are Bad, because you will not be able to use there ability.
      Minions with one Health are most of the time Bad
      Minions are compared to other minions you can get. Likewise nearly any 6-drop is better than the 2/2 from Doppelgangster but getting a Fight Promoter is still bad.
      Minions are partly evaluated like you would evolve them at the end of your turn and/or after you played them (so with not much mana left), as you most of the time would do. Likewise minions with triggered abilities like Gadgetzan Auctioneer are most of the time Bad.
      Of course Battlecries doesn't matter at all.
      Jades can get pretty much any manacost, so they fit everywhere.
      Aya Blackpaw is evaluated like if you get her while playing other Jade-cards in your deck (as you normally do in Evo-Shaman) otherwise she is mediocre.
      Finally some cards are very debatable and fit more in between classes, so you might come up with different results sometimes (e.g. Nat Pagle)

Evolve List
      Instructions
      --------------------------------
      Costs of the minion you want to evolve (examples in common Evo-Shaman-Decks) →
      Class (e.g. Better) Number of cards ( I = one card, IIIII = 5 cards) (Best / Worse cards you can get) [chance of getting something aweful in %] - total number
      ---------------------------------

0-Mana: nothing

1-Mana (HP-Totems, Murloc-Tokens, Fire Fly, Patches the Pirate, Bloodsail Corsair) →
      Bomb IIIII II (e.g. Millhouse Manastorm, Cornered Sentry) - 7
      Better IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII - 45
      Mediocre IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII I - 21
      Bad IIIII IIIII I - 11
      Awful III (e.g. Doomsayer) [3,45%] - 3

Charge: 1 (1,2% chance)
      Taunt: 7 (8,1% chance)

2-Mana (Flametongue Totem, Primalfin Totem) (3/3 vanilla is mediocre) →
      Bomb IIIII III (e.g. Injured Blademaster, Shaku, the Collector) - 8
      Better IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII - 30
      Mediocre IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII I - 31
      Bad IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII II - 32
      Awful III (e.g. Unlicensed Apothecary) [2,88%] - 3

Charge: 1 (0,96% chance)
      Taunt: 10 (9,6% chance)

3-Mana (Mana Tide Totem, Stonehill Defender) (4/4 vanilla is mediocre)→
      Bomb IIII (e.g.Flamewreathed Faceless, Twilight Summoner) - 4
      Better IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII II - 27
      Mediocre IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII I - 26
      Bad IIIII IIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII I - 31
      Awful I (Faceless Shambler) [1,11%] - 1

Charge: 2 (2,2% chance)
      Taunt: 10 (11,2% chance)

4-Mana (Jinyu Waterspeaker) (5/5 or 5/4 or 4/5 vanilla is mediocre)→
      Bomb IIIII I (e.g. Earth Elemental, Grimestreet Enforcer) - 6
      Better IIIII IIIII IIIII III - 18
      Mediocre IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII III - 23
      Bad IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII - 20
      Awful IIIII (e.g. Abomination, Bomb Squad) [6,94%] - 5

Charge: 2 (2,8% chance) (Doomguard and Leeroy Jenkins)
      Taunt: 11 (15,3% chance)

5-Mana (Doppelgangster) (5/5 vanilla is mediocre)→
      Bomb IIIII (e.g. Kabal Trafficker) - 5
      Better IIIII IIIII IIIII II - 17
      Mediocre IIIII IIIII IIIII IIII - 19
      Bad IIIII IIIII - 10
      Awful III (e.g. Big-Time Racketeer) [5,55%] - 3

Charge: 2 (3,7% chance)
      Taunt: 9 + Hogger (16,7% chance)

6-Mana (Thing from Below) (6/6 vanilla is mediocre)→
      Bomb I (Swamp King Dred) - 1
      Better IIIII IIIII II - 12
      Mediocre IIIII I - 6
      Bad IIIII IIIII I -11
      Awful I (Baron Geddon) [3,22%] - 1

Charge: 0 (0% chance)
      Taunt: 4 (12,9% chance)

Summary:
      It seems that you can get a lot of good stuff (mainly 2/3s and 3/2s) from evolving 1-Mana-minions like your totems and Primalfin-Murlocs. The danger of getting Doomsayer seems pretty low (1,3%).
      Evolving 2-Mana-Minions seems pretty good too. You get a decent chance of getting real big bombs and high-value-cards, but there is also some pretty bad stuff. Also you have to evolve your valuable totems (these are your 2-Mana-Minions most of the time).
      Evolving 3-, 4-, 5- and 6-Mana-minions are pretty much 50/50. They got a lot of awesome stuff, but also some pretty bad results.
      Especially the 5-Mana Evolve is important, since you will often get three 6-drops from one 5-drop (Doppelgangster), so getting a bunch of 4/5s is still awesome.
      Jades will probably turn into something similar or worse most of the time.