Stahll

Opinions on still using hellfire tier?

10 posts in this topic

Hi there, i was wondering. Is the 4 set bonus from hellfire citadel, for hunters, a viable option.

Yes its a massive stat loss and what not... BUUUT!! Instant aimed shots!!

Now i dont know whether this is just bad scaling or what.

I beat my mate, who is a pretty good mage, ilvl 830ish when i level 103.

Ive constantly been out dps'ing other memebers of the group from anything up to double the next guys damage.....

Might i add that aimed shot is one of our most powerful attacks. Atm i can hit 250k crit. Nothing extreme riiight.

BUT because of the 4 set from hellfire, i can spam it......

Just think about it :3

It works because you are 103 and Legion dungeons scale. It will be moot come 110.

You should save it for Timewalker however, as it would make a killing there.

• Like 1

Making Aimed Shot instant doesn't actually give you a whole lot of damage. 

With base GCD of 1.5 second and base Aimed Shot cast time of 2.0 seconds, you win just half a second of cast time. 

On occasion, you will also be able to shoot an extra Aimed Shot into a Vulnerability buff window, but it's not that big of a benefit. We don't actually cast THAT many Aimed Shots nowadays, considering Marked Shot is a cheaper instant cast that does roughly the same damage and also applies Vulnerable, and there are even Lock and Load procs that also make Aimed Shots instant.

Finally, I'm not even sure the tier bonus will function on level 110.

• Like 1

Hmm thats something i'll take on board.

And yeah tbh it was probably just poor scaling

Definatly going to test it when i hit max level tonight.

2 hours ago, Stahll said:

Hmm thats something i'll take on board.

And yeah tbh it was probably just poor scaling

Definatly going to test it when i hit max level tonight.

Let us know how it goes! I'm inclined to agree with the others though. It's really not worth it IMO.

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

Let us know how it goes! I'm inclined to agree with the others though. It's really not worth it IMO.

You know you could just simcraft it, right?

3 hours ago, Iridar said:

You know you could just simcraft it, right?

Of course, but I didn't have the time to do it myself, unfortunately. Thanks for doing it yourself!

In this case, you don't even need to use simcraft, you just need some logical thinking.  Each piece you replace with a t18 item is going to be at least 100 ilvls higher than the t18 item (given 840 pre-raid Legion gear vs 735 2/2 Mythic t18 gear).  The best you could get away with is using 2 medium budget items (shoulders and gloves) and 2 high-budget items (choose from chest, legs, and head).  On each high budget item, that's 738 Agility and roughly 650 secondary stats lost, and you have 2 of these at best.  For Medium budget items: 553 Agility and roughly 500 Secondary stats lost.  That's compared to Mythic HFC tier pieces, which not many people have (relatively).  The differences are larger when compared to Heroic or Normal pieces.  The loss of stats alone is more than enough to warrant not using the old tier sets.  That's 2576 Agility and and roughly 2300 secondary stats lost, again, at best. 

10 hours ago, Orthios said:

In this case, you don't even need to use simcraft, you just need some logical thinking.  Each piece you replace with a t18 item is going to be at least 100 ilvls higher than the t18 item (given 840 pre-raid Legion gear vs 735 2/2 Mythic t18 gear).  The best you could get away with is using 2 medium budget items (shoulders and gloves) and 2 high-budget items (choose from chest, legs, and head).  On each high budget item, that's 738 Agility and roughly 650 secondary stats lost, and you have 2 of these at best.  For Medium budget items: 553 Agility and roughly 500 Secondary stats lost.  That's compared to Mythic HFC tier pieces, which not many people have (relatively).  The differences are larger when compared to Heroic or Normal pieces.  The loss of stats alone is more than enough to warrant not using the old tier sets.  That's 2576 Agility and and roughly 2300 secondary stats lost, again, at best. 

I imagine it is even worse given that your t18 set bonus is buffing something that is directly impacted by the amount of agility/stats you have. It would probably need to be a set bonus that is independent of your current stats, something along the lines of the old Fury bonus for Warriors (reducing the timer on a major offensive CD). Even then, it would most likely just be nerfed for 110. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NathyrallinAV
      Guild Name: Atrum Veneficus
      Faction: Horde
      Realm: Draenor EU
      Realm Timezone: CET (GMT+1)
      Hello, we are a casual raiding guild that is looking for skilled, dedicated and mature players in order to empower our raiding team. We aim at progression without losing the element of fun during the raid, since progression alone isn't what we want.
      Current raid schedule:
      - Main raid - Monday and Thursday, 20:00 - 23:00
      - Alt raid / normal clear - Wednesday, ~20:30
      All raiders should be online at least 15 minutes prior to raid start
      What we expect from you:
       - Good raiding experience
       - Gear of 955 item level, fully and properly gemmed and echanted
       - Performance that corresponds with your item level
       - Be prepared for the raid with tactics and consumables (for that rare occassion that they won't be distributed by the guild)
       - Have and be able to use Discord - use of microphone is strongly suggested
       - Mature attitude - drama is not tolerated; be able to handle raid mechanics / combat related suggestions and/or criticism

Openings:
      Elemental Shaman Shadow Priest Moonkin Druid (active healing offspec will be welcome) All specs of Rogue Windwalker Monk (active healing offspec also welcome) Every player that meets our requirements and would like to join will be considered.
      If you're interested in being a part of Atrum Veneficus  throw an application at http://atrum-veneficus.gamerlaunch.com/ OR poke us ingame:
      Nathyrallin, Uglyfella, Blubellé, Fluffycookie, Kattè, Nelltem
      See you ingame!
    • By Tetramus
      Echo is a new project guild that wants to create a friendly and progressive environment.However,during progression our members are expected to have a great deal of knowledge regarding their class and have the obligation to research encounters on their own before the raid leader goes into detail about it. When we raid we're focused! While we are sociable and enjoy a good laugh, when it's time to raid, it's time to raid! We do NOT accept selfish, rude or intolerable behavior in our guild!. After joining you will be given the rank Trialist;trial period of 1-2 weeks,depending on performance and other things we may take into consideration.

We are currently looking for:
      - Melee ( 3 Spots Open )
      - Range ( 1 Spot Open )
      - Healer ( 1 Spot Open )

What to expect from the guild:
      - We are a social bunch, with members always talking on our guild discord.
      - We like to link our mythic+ keys in guild chat to find fast and reliable teams.
      - A mindset to raid hardest content,with a healthy attitude towards the cause and your fellow guildies

What we expect from you:
      - Being humble enough to accept that you can always improve and accept criticism if it's meant well.
      - You have to be reliable – meaning attend most of the raids,especially during progress period

Raiding times: (progression times may be extended)
      - Wednesday 20:00-23:00 ST
      - Thursday 20:00-23:00 ST
      - Sunday: 20:00-23:00  ST

If you have any questions,feel free to add us on Bnet!
      Sparse#21541
      EdgeLord666#2706
    • By Hanz39
      This is similiar to Secret Hunter with the addition of Kathrena package and Rexxar DK, it has both good early game and great late game with huge damage from charges and DK hero power.
      It has only 3 legendaries that are necessary to make the deck works and not exchangable with anything else.
      1x Candleshot
      2x Secretkeeper
      2x Wandering Monster
      2x Freezing Trap
      2x Cat Trick
      2x Eaglehorn Bow
      2x Animal Companion
      2x Kill Command
      1x Unleash the Hounds
      2x Deadly Shot
      2x Flanking Strike
      2x Spellbreaker
      2x Lesser Emerald Spellstone
      1x Seeping Oozeling
      1x Deathstalker Rexxar
      2x Charged Devilsaur
      1x Kathrena Winterwisp
      1x King Krush

As you can see the only beasts in the deck are 7/7 or 8/8 with charge so the result of recruit is easy to predict, note that Charged Devilsaur when summoned by recruit can hit face directly since not activate the battlecry.
      The aim of the deck is either win with Wolves from spellstone and early beast summons or charging face with big dinos so stall enough until you can do so if your early game is worse than opponent. 
      Seeping oozeling will always copy Kathrena deathrattle unless you have her in your hand so don't keep Kathrena at 1st turn but keeping Oozeling is fine since it will swing the game if not silenced when played at turn 6.
      The deck is pretty solid and that's what I'm playing mostly in K&C.

• By tajni
      <Konfluens>
      Hello! We are a swedish speaking guild that is recruiting swedish speaking players for our mythic progression roster. Nordic people who understands Swedish is fine aswell.
      We have had a break since ToS came out and we are starting up again, we started up in another guild and now we want some more done so we are starting up here again. Thus the progress. If you are hungry for some new content and want to start fresh in a guild here is your chans.
      Our raid times
      Monday, Thursday, Sunday 19:00-22:00 server time. 
      Optional raids: Tuesday (alt raid/HC/Normal clear) and Wednesday (Usally raid off, but might sometimes be an extra raid if a boss is really close to die). 
      Recruiting
      [li]Hunter[/li][li]Healers[/li][li]Melee[/li]But of course we concider all players that feel exeptional and make well written applications. You can also see on our website what we are in need of. 
      A little info about us
      We have raided since Vanilla, we are a stable guild with a hungry progress team. We are currently the best swedish guild on the server and our server rank is around 10-15.
      Our current progression is
      EN - 7/7M 
      ToV - 3/3M
      NH - 10/10M
      ToS - BREAK
      Antorus - 11/11 HC, 6/11M.
      If you want a friendly environment with alot of friendly batter we are definitely the guild for you, so do not hesitate to apply.
      Websites
      Apply @: 
      http://konfluens.shivtr.com
      Wowprogress:
      https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/draenor/Konfluens
      You can also add and talk to our officers.
      Battletag
      eXo#2453
      Bokaka#2777
      Odengard#2334
    • By Sajakain
      ► Introduction:
      <Hand of Fate> is a group of adults who enjoy raiding on a light schedule and still see content cleared. Details of our raid team and atmosphere can be found below. We're looking for like minded individuals to join us in Antorus!

► The Details:
      Here are some of the direct details you are probably looking for concerning our team:
      Raid Days: Tuesday and Wednesday Raid Time: 9:00 PM - 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST) Invites: 8:30 PM - 8:45 PM EST Current Progression: 10/10(H), 9/9(H), 11/11(H)  
      ► What We're Looking For:
      Above all else, we're looking for the person that simply enjoys to raid. We have a couple of different ranks; one that permits the casual raider who can only show up once or twice a month and one that is made for the more dedicated - the "serious" raider, if you will. Regardless of rank, however, we expect you to enjoy raiding and have fun playing the game. More details on the differences between these ranks, and their expectations, can e found on our website.
      As far as specific class needs go, we are looking for the following:
      Holy Paladin Marksmanship Hunter Shadow Priest Elemental Shaman
      ► Mythic+ Dungeons:
      We are also recruiting folks that are interested in farming Mythic+ dungeons in addition to our raiding.

► Contact Information:
      Below you will find the information you need to get in contact with us should you have any questions or concerns. Additionally, you will find the link to our website so that you can read more about us.
      Thank you for taking the time to read this and we look forward to finding like-minded individuals to take on Legion with us!
      BattleTag Contacts:
      Sajakain (Guild Master): Sajakain#1683 Hatched (Guild Officer): Hatch#1820 Cerïse (Guild Officer): Satonaka#1280 Kissyfer (Guild Officer): Azilee#1343  
      ► Join Our Discord!:
      If you should have any questions, feel free to join our Discord server. Please be sure to introduce yourself in the #general channel and let someone know you're interested about the raid team!
      https://discord.gg/3TupWMC