Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zadina

heroes Braxis Holdout Preview

7 posts in this topic

tPRyVSR.jpg

Blizzard has released a quick, in-depth preview of the first of the new battlegrounds coming in Heroes of the Storm this autumn.

Braxis Holdout is the first battleground that will be released as part of the Machines of War event. You can already try it in the Heroes of the Storm PTR. This battleground is part of the Alarak patch and the release date is September 13 for the Americas and 14 for all other regions.

As far as the second battleground, Warhead Junction, is concerned, it was confirmed that it will be released (along with Zarya) two weeks after the Alarak patch.

have to say, that i love absolutely everything about this map. the new heroes being released i was kinda meh but this map has me super stoked now. first can we just stop and appreciate the minions are little terran infantry soldiers :). love weaponized zerg, love the two lane control, 10/10 can't wait to play

also mandatory to type "zerg rush kekekekeke" after successfully releasing your zerg

2 people like this

I'm really pumped about this. It sounds like it will force even more team fighting than the immortals map. Seems to have a bit of the feel of the removed Haunted Mines map. Need good pushers to clear the waves, but also a good team fighter to create your own zerg swarm. KT seems like he will be a MONSTER on this map!

47 minutes ago, Laragon said:

I'm really pumped about this. It sounds like it will force even more team fighting than the immortals map. Seems to have a bit of the feel of the removed Haunted Mines map. Need good pushers to clear the waves, but also a good team fighter to create your own zerg swarm. KT seems like he will be a MONSTER on this map!

BRING BACK HAUNTED MINES PLS. I legit loved that map.

Is there a map where KT isn't a monster? :(

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

BRING BACK HAUNTED MINES PLS. I legit loved that map.

Is there a map where KT isn't a monster? :(

They said they got rid of it because some new mechanics don't work well on it. Think Dehaka bush stalker (no shrubs down there) or medhiv's flight form as two obvious ones. I wish they could just rework it a bit and bring it back, I loved it too, but I just don't see it happening. Hopefully they find a way to capture it in a new map, like I think they may be trying to do here.

I don't find KT that amazing on the immortal, dragonshire, or blackheart bay. He's still solid of course, just not crazy like he could be on this or is on the bruiser shrine map.

8 hours ago, Laragon said:

They said they got rid of it because some new mechanics don't work well on it. Think Dehaka bush stalker (no shrubs down there) or medhiv's flight form as two obvious ones. I wish they could just rework it a bit and bring it back, I loved it too, but I just don't see it happening. Hopefully they find a way to capture it in a new map, like I think they may be trying to do here.

I don't find KT that amazing on the immortal, dragonshire, or blackheart bay. He's still solid of course, just not crazy like he could be on this or is on the bruiser shrine map.

Was there ever a developer interview or so that detailed everything about the haunted mines? I'd love to see the developers sit down and tell us exactly what happened, why it was bad and what they felt they would need to change to allow us to play it again. 

If this map does bring back that feel of Haunted Mines, I'm sure that I will absolutely love it.

Since this was way back before HoTS was too big of a game (was it still in Beta when it was pulled?) they weren't super transparent about it even disappearing. This is the article I remember about it with a tweet from a developer saying they pulled it and what his "sources" implied as the reasons. It makes a solid argument.

http://blizzardwatch.com/2016/01/14/heroes-haunted-mines-map-will-not-return-without-rework/

1 person likes this