Zadina

Warcraft Movie DVD & Blu-ray Release Dates and Rewards

Sign in to follow this  

11 posts in this topic

igQ7gAp.jpg

As the release date for the DVD and Blu-ray of Warcraft approaches, let's take a look at the rewards you can get in Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm and World of Warcraft by purchasing either version.

Physical copies of Warcraft on DVD and Blu-ray will have some lucrative goodies for fans of the Warcraft universe. The copies will come with digital codes for a Medivh Mage hero in Hearthstone, Gul'dan in Heroes of the Storm and another copy of World of Warcraft with 30 days of game time.

Warcraft will be available on September 27 in the U.S. and Canada. It is not known when it is going to be released in Europe and the rest of the world, although French sites report that this should happen around the 11th of October. Lastly, it is not sure if there will be a similar offer in the rest of the world, although we find it unlikely that it won't happen.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard Entertainment

From Legendary and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, WARCRAFT is preparing to invade homes worldwide, and it’s bringing a trio of movie-inspired digital extras from Blizzard Entertainment into battle!

Inside select physical editions of WARCRAFT on Blu-ray™ and DVD, movie fans will find digital keys that unlock the following extras for a trio of Blizzard games:

• Medivh Hero in Hearthstone – Unleash your favorite Mage deck as the Guardian of Tirisfal.
  • Gul’dan Hero in Heroes of the Storm – Rain fel fire down upon the Nexus as this twisted orc Assassin.
  • Digital copy of World of Warcraft – Start your own adventure in Azeroth—or ask a friend to join you on your journey. Includes 30 days of game time for new players.

These goodies are available inside select physical WARCRAFT Blu-ray™ and DVD editions only while supplies last. Be sure to pick up your copy wherever Blu-ray™ and DVDs are sold.

WARCRAFT is available September 27 in the U.S. and Canada, and throughout September and October worldwide. Check product and promotion availability with your local retailers, as extras may differ outside the U.S. and Canada.

(source)

lol I knew there had to be some reward for buying the movie. Love that you get guldan in heroes. However, I find the WoW one a bit underwhelming although I understand the marketing "oh you liked the movie? well try the game". However, it would have been nice to have some stupid pet or a toy or something for people already playing wow. Granted we did already get those neat transmogs :)

We already got WoW when we went to see the movie in cinemas... I just wish the WoW reward was better, since it's the game that is most closely related to the movie out of the three.

I was so hyped, then saw the rewards and realised I had them all :(

Still gonna buy it, but I agree that I'd love to have seen some sort of cosmetic reward in WoW. Guess we can get ourselves a RAF reward with it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Darkjester79 said:

Well was planning on buying the movie anyways but its awesome I get some free goodies to go with it!

Feel like this is the case with a lot of people, but fingers crossed this will just bring more and more people back to the game

10 hours ago, Blainie said:

Feel like this is the case with a lot of people, but fingers crossed this will just bring more and more people back to the game

I can hope but it seems Legion is doing a good job of that already.

Where do you have to buy this movie to get the content? Is it the steelbook? Is it specific to a store? This article is so vague it just says "select". 

5 hours ago, Derkz said:

Where do you have to buy this movie to get the content? Is it the steelbook? Is it specific to a store? This article is so vague it just says "select". 

Similar wording to what we saw with the cinema promotions. Will have to wait and see it seems for now!

8 hours ago, Derkz said:

Pretty sure that "physical copies" (beginning of 2nd paragraph) means steelbook. Other than that, as Blainie said, you can see for yourself how vague the blue post - the primary source of this article - is.

1 hour ago, Zadina said:

Pretty sure that "physical copies" (beginning of 2nd paragraph) means steelbook. Other than that, as Blainie said, you can see for yourself how vague the blue post - the primary source of this article - is.

Isn't that what our life revolves around? Vague blue posts?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zadina

The beloved Hearthstone developer is leaving Blizzard Entertainment to start working on a new company
      In a twist of events as shocking as Chris Metzen's departure, Ben Brode - the Game Director for Hearthstone - will no longer be working for Blizzard as of today. Ben was an instrumental member of Team 5 for almost ten years. The team has grown since to 80 members and I am sure it's going to be in good hands from now on.
      Where Brode will truly be missed is the commercial part of Hearthstone. Disregarding the usual cynical remark that Ben Brode's only purpose in life is to sell packs, he was the face of Hearthstone - just like Kaplan is the face of Overwatch. Who can forget his epic raps, his iconic laughter, his jolly "Well met!" greeting and the enthusiasm with which he talked about Hearthstone? You will be missed, Ben Brode.
      We wish him the very best of luck in his new venture! Hopefully he'll become the face of a brand new popular game!
      Ben Brode
      To my friends, coworkers, and the Hearthstone community,

After 15 years at Blizzard and almost 10 years working on Hearthstone, I have made the incredibly difficult decision to embark on a new journey.

Man, that was a hard sentence to type.

I was 20 years old when I started here. My first role was ‘Night Crew Game Tester.’

Since then, Blizzard has been good to me. I got to cast esports events, announce BlizzCons, play in Rock Bands, write raps, and work with incredible people. But the biggest opportunity came in 2008 when I joined “Team 5.” The Hearthstone Team.

I am very proud of Hearthstone. I think we made an impact on the industry. People tell me that Hearthstone brought their family closer together, or that they became close friends with people they met at a Fireside Gathering. Others tell me they were inspired by Hearthstone to become game developers themselves. It’s incredible to be a part of something that touches so many people.

But as proud as I am of Hearthstone, I am even more proud of the team.

There is no team like the Hearthstone team. People have come and gone over the 10 years Hearthstone has been in development, but there’s something special about the Soul of the Team. We knew our most important product wasn’t the game, but the team itself. A great team can do great things, and I think the Hearthstone team is the greatest. It isn’t just a job. It’s a shared passion. We get to come to work and focus on the game we love and try to make it better every day.

We frequently check the Hearthstone subreddit looking for opportunities to improve the game. I have loved the silly memes, engaging in spirited debates, or even just being held accountable to our shared high standards for the game. We try to be highly available on social media, and I think our team helped push the envelope in this regard. It has been especially satisfying to me to see the team step up over the last few years and help engage in these ways as I became more focused on direction and less on actual design.

I get too much credit by virtue of being a public face, but the 80+ people on the development team are still there, and they are the ones actually making the cards, brawls, events, missions, and features. I am confident the game is in the best possible hands, and I’m excited to see where a new generation of leaders takes Hearthstone from here.

I am very fortunate to be able to take a crazy risk right now in my life, and I’m excited to be scrappy and a little scared. I’m going to help start a new company. We’ll probably make games, but we haven’t figured anything else out, yet. I’m looking forward to designing, programming, and actually creating things again. I’m going to miss the on-campus Starbucks, though. Dang.

Blizzard, thank you for taking a chance on me, and thank you for taking a chance on Hearthstone. I can’t wait to see what you do next.

And to the passionate community of players – I will miss you, and the laughs we shared together. Thank you for making being a part of Hearthstone so much fun for me. I’ve loved every minute.

Sincerely,

Ben Brode
      (source)
    • By Stan

John Staats was Blizzard's first 3D level designer and worked at the company for more than ten years. He just finished a book about working at Blizzard called The World of Warcraft Diary that demystifies the world of computer game development and the secret sauce behind Blizzard's successful MMORPG.
      John is currently looking for backers to fund the first edition on Kickstarter.
      About the Author
      John Staats spent ten years on World of Warcraft dev team. His Vanilla WoW portfolio includes half of the game’s instanced dungeons, and 90 percent of non-instanced caves, crypts, dens, mines, and hive tunnels. John’s Staats is a regular on the weekly podcast Roll For Combat who got an early preview of his book. The author’s web page is whenitsready.com where there are additional images and excerpts.
      The World of Warcraft Diary: A Journal of Computer Game Development
      Based on interviews and monthly updates he took throughout Vanilla WoW's dev cycle, The WoW Diary covers the highs and lows of building Blizzard's massively multiplayer online game. Readers will get an inside scoop of one of the gaming industry's most prosperous companies. The WoW Diary is a comprehensive and candid picture of how difficult and messy game development can be, and includes details about the project's improvisations, mistakes, and lucky discoveries. It covers the devs who made the game and describes the secret sauce behind Blizzard's success.
      The WoW Diary is 336 pages long, and while the book's 130+ images are used with Blizzard's permission, it is an independent publication. After the Kickstarter campaign, the book will be available only on Amazon.
      Table of Contents

Excerpts
      Here are a few excerpts from The WoW Diary taken from John's website.
      Page 5
      Page 87
      Page 308
      If you ever wondered what it really takes to make great computer games, this is the book is a must! The first edition of The WoW Diary: A Journal of Computer Game Development will be available after the Kickstarter campaign. Subsequent editions will be available only on Amazon.

• By Zadina

The StarCraft franchise turns 20 years old this month and Blizzard is celebrating with rewards in all of its titles!
      It only seems like it was a few years ago, but StarCraft was first released on March 31, 1998. Since then, it's made a breakthrough in the real-time strategy genre and, in my opinion, it has one of the most compelling and well-written storylines of all Blizzard games. StarCraft II, a sequel with three expansions, followed many years afterwards, with Wings of Liberty being released in 2010. We've recently introduced a brand new StarCraft II section here in Icy Veins.
      Anyway, back to the 20-year StarCraft anniversary celebrations, on March 30 and 31 there will be an anniversary live stream on Twitch with multiple StarCraft personalities. A special documentary called StarCraft Is Life: A Celebration will also be released on YouTube on the last day of March.
      Moreover, rewards will be given away in all Blizzard games. Starting with StarCraft: Remastered, which was released six months ago, you can get a new commemorative 20th Anniversary UI skin from March 6.

Log in between March 6 and April 3 in StarCraft II to receive special UI skins for each race, a Portrait and Decal.

Diablo III players will get a nice-looking pet. Simply log in after March 6 to receive the monstrous Dominion's Revenge!

Overwatch's Widowmaker already has a Nova skin and now it's time for her to receive a skin from another icon StarCraft heroine. From March 6 until April 3, you can claim the Sarah Kerrigan Ghost skin.

Play Heroes of the Storm between March 27 and April 7 to receive three original StarCraft themed portraits for Protoss, Terran and Zerg. There are also heavy rumours of a new StarCraft hero and a new StarCraft-themed Brawl coming in HotS near the end of the month.

Hearthstone players will get a special StarCraft Tavern Brawl during the week of March 21 - March 25. Playing this Tavern Brawl will secure 3 packs from the most recent expansion, Kobolds & Catacombs.

Lastly, World of Warcraft seems to have the most obscure and perhaps disappointing reward. Between March 31 and April 6 there will be multiple StarCraft companion pets (Zergling, Grunty, Mini Thor, Baneling, or Zeradar) strolling around in WoW. Simply /salute one of these pets and you get a Feat of Strength. I wonder: could these pets become available in the Shop at some point or could we get at least one of them for free?

• By Stan

Warcraft III streamers have been invited to a secret Blizzard event held at the end of the month in the US. While there are no official information available at this time, streamers are rushing to get their US Visa just in time for the announcement.
      The full list of attendees remains unknown, but we know that attending the event are HawK (RU), Foggy (UA) and Grubby (NL). Participants have signed a NDA and cannot divulge any further information. If you're a fan of Blizzard games, chances are you've come across Warcraft III. It all boils down to a single question; what's the announcement about?
      Will Warcraft III get remastered or does the event have something to do with the unannounced MMO RTS project? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
      (Source)
    • By Stan

Quarterly results of the Activision Blizzard Earnings call are here and the company reached its highest operating income in Q4 2017 in a year without any major game releases.
      Q4 Earnings Call Highlights (Slide Presentation)
      Blizzard reached their highest operating income in a year with no major game releases thanks to delivering continuous content across franchises including Overwatch, Hearthstone and World of Warcraft. 2017 was an important year in which Blizzard prepared for their future growth initiatives, including the launch of the Overwatch League. The inaugural season of the Overwatch League started on January 10 with 12 world-class team owners from across the globe, multiple league and team-level sponsors, a premium viewing experience, and a robust distribution strategy. In its first week, the Overwatch League reached more than 10 millions unique viewers across the world with an average audience of more than 280,000 on a per minute basis. Audience Reach: 385 million monthly active users (MAUs) in the quarter across the company (up from 384 million last quarter). (Source)