FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
M2t

Fellow Arms looking for some help.

First of all, hello !

I guess i am one of those who are still figuring out is haste better than versa OR not, yes i am playing the fr build. I have been stacking mastery/versa. Anyways, what my question is, IS haste actually better, what is the cap of haste that we need. My dps is pretty fine with the versa/mastery build, 250-300+k on bosses in mythics, usually. Would be awesome if people would share their exp and help me out a bit aswell.
My armory is:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alakir/Mätt/simple

Would be cool if i could figure it out before the raiding starts, thanks in advance and cheers.

If for any reasons armory has not updated itself yet then i am running at:

12% crit
6% haste
75% Mastery

8% Versatility

Trinkets i am using:

Gift Of Radiance - off ODYN ( mythic )
Terrorbound Nexus - off Arcway ( General )

Edited by M2t

I would like this answered as well. I'm really confused:

Icy-Veins:             Mastery > Vers > Haste (https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/arms-warrior-pve-dps-stat-priority)

WoWHead:          Mastery > Vers > Haste (http://www.wowhead.com/guides/classes/warrior/arms/gear)

SimulationCraft: Haste > Mastery > Vers (http://imgur.com/a/4Mi5H

Noxxic:                Haste > Mastery > Vers (http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/warrior/arms/stat-priority/)

The only thing everyone agrees on, is how crit is shit for us, lol.

Capture3.PNG

Edited by Razid

In my personal opinion, Haste isn't that useful for Arms. A lot of Arms abilities that have a CD have something that can reset that CD. For example, Anger Management can significantly shorten Battle Cry's CD and Exploit the Weakness will make Tactician proc more which means more resets on both Smash and Mortal Strike. As such, your haste is wasted outside of autoattacks or, if it's talented, Avatar's CD. And since you're getting more resets on Mortal Strike and Smash, it would be better to just increase their damage flatly, right? So Vers would be better than Haste in this situation.

Maybe I'm wrong but that's just my opinion on the little while I've been playing Arms.

I guess it is safe to have some haste aswell right ?
For now i have been collecting every mastery/versa piece i can get, still need to figure out what trinkets to use, the passive ones seem a lot better to me. I have never ran any simcrafts myself. 

Hi M2t. 

First off, I will always recommend the official arms discord channel for your arms related questions. You can check that out here ::

https://discordapp.com/channels/148872210742771712/148898720803586048

Second of all, there is a breakpoint in haste. That breakpoint is 20% assuming no lag. This will allow you to gain an extra GCD in your battle cry, allowing for much more damage potential. 

If you do not meet this breakpoint, haste is behind versatility. 

Good luck, my fellow Warrior!

As Nomiras has stated, the relation with Haste is mainly due to breakpoints. This will most likely be updated and reflected in our stats when higher item level gear is more readily available in the M+ dungeons and raid (in a few days).

Have to thank you guys aswell for the answers. Currently i am trying out the "overpower spec" .. i kinda like it more myself atm, looks a lot smoother and less spammy. Not sure how much it is behind the FR build on the dps meter though. I have seen warriors who can actually compete with OP spec against the FR build very well, sure it is a gameplay difference aswell. I probably have to switch back to FR build when the raids come out but for now i´ll just enjoy the OP build a bit. IF i can put out decent numbers in the raids with it ( 300k sustain ) then i will probably play the the Overpower spec over FR.
I have never used SimCraft, so i guess i need to start doing that aswell, probably the best way to see how much and what my current gearpiece gives or loses.

23 hours ago, M2t said:

I have never used SimCraft, so i guess i need to start doing that aswell, probably the best way to see how much and what my current gearpiece gives or loses.

It is indeed. Simming is a fantastic tool to have at your disposal, honestly.

On 9/17/2016 at 7:32 AM, Razid said:

Thanks for the answers, guys <3

That's what we're all here for! If you have other questions, just ask!

QUESTION, is it worth to replace higher ilvl relics for "BIS" relics which i have in my bags but are lower ilvl relics.
AKA: replacing my iron relic which is 835 for 830 ( MS/Exe rage cost reduced 60%)
And Swap out my 845 Blood relic ( MS/Exe rage cost reduced 60%) for 840 (Tactitian´s chance to trigger is increased as if you spend 30% more rage).
I haven't even tested replacing any higher ilvl relics yet since my relic luck is too poor. Since the ilvl will be lower on weapon, will it affect my dps more than the relics itself ?

13 minutes ago, M2t said:

QUESTION, is it worth to replace higher ilvl relics for "BIS" relics which i have in my bags but are lower ilvl relics.
AKA: replacing my iron relic which is 835 for 830 ( MS/Exe rage cost reduced 60%)
And Swap out my 845 Blood relic ( MS/Exe rage cost reduced 60%) for 840 (Tactitian´s chance to trigger is increased as if you spend 30% more rage).
I haven't even tested replacing any higher ilvl relics yet since my relic luck is too poor. Since the ilvl will be lower on weapon, will it affect my dps more than the relics itself ?

It depends on the item level difference.

The thing you should keep in mind is that the "+ <x> Item Levels" is also a useful stat to the relic aside from the minor trait it comes with. If the + item levels is less than 5 then you can easily consider the minor trait. If it's more than that then I would say the item level is more relevant as the increased item levels add to the raw damage of your weapon.

As far as the actual minor traits are concerned, you will definitely want to prioritize Exploit the Weakness relics over others. You can see anywhere from a 2K - 10K difference in damage done depending on the item level of the relic.

================

Edit;

For further clarification, consider a relic that has +10 item levels over another. While that, alone, may not seem like much you have three relics to consider. If all three were +10 different you'd have the +30 item levels to the weapon and that's where the raw damage from the item levels comes from which can make a difference over 1 minor trait being swapped out.

Are people really macroing MS + hamstring together now ? by looking the raid logs, people are casting hamstring as much as MS. 

Edited by M2t

3 hours ago, M2t said:

Are people really macroing MS + hamstring together now ? by looking the raid logs, people are casting hamstring as much as MS. 

I believe so, yep! It's to fish for procs IIRC

On 9/21/2016 at 8:37 PM, Blainie said:

I believe so, yep! It's to fish for procs IIRC

...so i should have HS macroed to MS as well as have a FR+HS Macro? just want to be clear

On 9/23/2016 at 7:43 PM, Blitzkrieg said:

...so i should have HS macroed to MS as well as have a FR+HS Macro? just want to be clear

You might even be able to put it into one to be used during Battle Cry. You'll need to check whether it allows you to use all 3 at the same time.