Arms Warrior DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Arms Warrior. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. The Basics of Stats for Arms Warrior
The stat priority for Arms Warrior is:
- Critical Strike;
These sample stat weights represent the general relationship of secondary stats compared to one point of strength, although as usual, individual results may vary. It is highly recommended that you regularly sim your own gear upgrades and/or generate personalized stat weights.
While you can use these weights to math out the value and compare individual items by hand, in-game addons such as Pawn will do so automatically.
1.1. Getting a Better Understanding
Strength is your primary stat, found on plate armor, weapons and trinkets. It provides Attack Power, which contributes to the damage of all abilities and autoattacks.
Haste compresses the rotation, reducing the time between the autoattack swings, the global cooldown, and the cooldown of the rotational abilities Mortal Strike, Skullsplitter, and Cleave, as well as the speed at which Bladestorm, Ravager, Rend, and Deep Wounds deal damage.
Critical Strike increases the damage of attacks and abilities, and also increases Rage generated by autoattack swings by 30%.
Versatility provides a flat increase to damage dealt and reduces damage taken by half as much.
Although there are various breakpoints which allow additional global cooldowns during Colossus Smash, Haste remains a consistently strong stat due to its influence on the cooldown and DoT tick rate of Arms' abilities. The earliest breakpoint is around 20%, while the later breakpoint is around 50% and out of reach with currenty gearing. In For The Kill makes them much easier to reach, so gearing around them is fairly unimportant.
2. Racial Bonuses for Arms Warrior
Racial bonuses have, as a whole, very minimal impact for Arms; anything within 1% of one another is typically considered trivial, and a small enough margin that our recommendation is to simply play what you enjoy the most.
- 18 Jan. 2019: Updated for Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Reviewed and up to date for Patch 8.1.
- 18 Aug. 2018: Updated stat weights and Mastery description to account for hotfix.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Wintergrasp 8.1.5 PTR Testing: February 19th
- Rextroy's 40 Vs 40 Events
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: February 14th
- Patch 8.1.5: Kul Tiran Human Intro Cutscene
- Patch 8.1.5: Zandalari Troll Intro Cutscene
- PvP Hotfixes: Feb 13th - Massive Mana Regen Nerf
- Crucible of Storms Raid Testing: Feb 21st-25th
- Patch 8.1.5 Build 29352: Highlights
- Question on simming...
- Transmogrification Demon Hunters
- Affliction Warlock 8.1
- Fire Mage 8.1
- Frost Death Knight 8.1
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.1
- Destruction Warlock 8.1
- Demonology Warlock 8.1