FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Changes and Notes as of 7/10

Yeah, but it won't be the turn your head like "holy shit, did you see that?!?!?!"  It'll be like "holy shit, did you see that...."

That #1 = boobs

That #2 = crit stacking Destruction Warlock

Except you missed the part where my Chaos Bolt explodes in their face shaped like a fel boob firework on roids.  I mean, not confirmed yet, but it's coming.

But it doesn't scale with my super awesome consta-critting FnB Incinerates of Doom that spawn Cataclysm Imps whenever they crit.

Also, I will have ALL THE EMBERS!!!  Look at the set bonuses though.  They're definitely geared more towards giving you free crit, but when I have crit to begin with my crit gives me crit which crits on the crit and then EMBEEERRRRS!!!

But it doesn't scale with my super awesome consta-critting FnB Incinerates of Doom that spawn Cataclysm Imps whenever they crit.

Also, I will have ALL THE EMBERS!!!  Look at the set bonuses though.  They're definitely geared more towards giving you free crit, but when I have crit to begin with my crit gives me crit which crits on the crit and then EMBEEERRRRS!!!

Holy moly that critception!

Go home, Omaric, you're drunk. 

Destro's set bonuses are bleh.  2pc is crud.  Gaddha and I were talking about the possibility of being forced to squeeze in a CB when an ember fills and how that would ruin stacking them for Dark Soul or other trinket procs.  Adds too much decision-making into a very small window of time.  The 4pc is solid, but the 2pc is crud.  Sadly, you might be onto something about stacking Crit to get more embers if they don't fix the current problem.  I suggested on the PTR that they bake the current T15 4pc bonus into the class (chance to give double embers on a Crit) and that would probably fix all the problems they have now.

But it doesn't scale with my super awesome consta-critting FnB Incinerates of Doom that spawn Cataclysm Imps whenever they crit.   Also, I will have ALL THE EMBERS!!!  Look at the set bonuses though.  They're definitely geared more towards giving you free crit, but when I have crit to begin with my crit gives me crit which crits on the crit and then EMBEEERRRRS!!!

yo dawg, i heard you like crit

Edited by Furiyers

Go home, Omaric, you're drunk. 

Destro's set bonuses are bleh.  2pc is crud.  Gaddha and I were talking about the possibility of being forced to squeeze in a CB when an ember fills and how that would ruin stacking them for Dark Soul or other trinket procs.  Adds too much decision-making into a very small window of time.  The 4pc is solid, but the 2pc is crud.  Sadly, you might be onto something about stacking Crit to get more embers if they don't fix the current problem.  I suggested on the PTR that they bake the current T15 4pc bonus into the class (chance to give double embers on a Crit) and that would probably fix all the problems they have now.

I wish I was drunk.  Dat work.  Honestly I won't even be gaming the 4-piece to be used with CB.  I'll be using it with Conflagrate to get even more crit to get crits through Incinerate and Immolate.  My goal is to just be swimming in Embers and maybe I'll get some nice Multi-strike procs when I cast CB from that trinket.  That'd be neat.  Wow I'm actually kind of serious about this now, holy shit.

Also, there is a pretty good chance I'll be sipping on some vodka and joining you all this Friday.

wouldn't you rather your chaos bolt look like a fel phallus rather than a fel boob? A might rod of chaos that just launches into the air and rapes your enemy into submission.

I'm trying to kill them with explosions, not rape them. tongue.png

Hmmm fel phalluses exploding on bosses' faces??? what has happened here?

BLIZZTARD WE NEED THE PATCH DEPLOYED TO-DAY!

On a more serious note (it doesn't take much), come 5.4: Gharrosh: I'll be in your instances, dotting your daughters.

Hmmm fel phalluses exploding on bosses' faces??? what has happened here?

It would appear that the idea of "Felfuckers" has leaked over into this thread.

Omeric:  I fully support your goal of "10 out of 10 - would crit".  I think one of the three specs should be based on Mac Trucks, LOUD NOISES, and BOOM! Headshot!  Destro is the best choice, especially since it's the most mage-like.  Blizz should give it passive scaling crit like mages have and call it a day - and these set bonus's are pretty close to just that.  Go get your critz while you're crit'n.

What is the duration of the buff provided by the 2pT16 for Demo?

It seems at first glance this tier bonus can swing the scales on Supremacy vs Service.  Will a stronger pet that takes advantage of every proc for its full duration scale up better than service/DS in situations where you're not bursting AoE with double felstorm?  Or will we be able to proc this reliably enough to have good uptime with double felguard/DS?

One thing seems clear however, the 2 piece looks to be the end of Sac as demo....

Edit:  Saw the details posted in Demo thread

Demonology's T16 2pc Set - spell_fire_fireball02.jpg Soul Fire has a 20% chance to increase you and your pet's damage by 20% for 10 seconds.  This 2pc bonus will put a higher prioritization on spell_fire_fireball02.jpg Soul Fire when you don't have the buff up and a lower prioritization on spell_fire_fireball02.jpg Soul Fire when you do.  You don't want to clip the proc of this, nor do you want to waste your ability_warlock_moltencore.jpg Molten Core charges while you have your buff up.  You'd be better off spending your ability_warlock_moltencore.jpg Molten Core charges to maximize uptime of this buff.  This will also make it so you do NOT desire the Imp Swarm glyph.  You'll want a constant flow of Wild Imps in order to get a more steady flow of Molten Core charges. 

Edited by Soulzar

Hey guys I'm wondering if the affliction opener will change in 5.4 if you lose the T15 2pc Bonus. Haunt's duration won't be extended by 4 secs during darksoul opener... should we still open with a Haunt+SB:SS wait for procs and reapply dots?

What is the duration of the buff provided by the 2pT16 for Demo?

It seems at first glance this tier bonus can swing the scales on Supremacy vs Service.  Will a stronger pet that takes advantage of every proc for its full duration scale up better than service/DS in situations where you're not bursting AoE with double felstorm?  Or will we be able to proc this reliably enough to have good uptime with double felguard/DS?

One thing seems clear however, the 2 piece looks to be the end of Sac as demo....

Edit:  Saw the details posted in Demo thread

You got it, boss.  Asking the right questions.  Analysis shows Service just SLIGHTLY ahead of Supremacy for Demonology.  Buffing 100% damage pets by 20% gives 120% damage pets while 2pc bonus is up.  Buffing 120% pets (Supremacy) by 20% gives 144% damage pets making Supremacy benefit from this set bonus by an additional 4% pet damage.  The 10 second duration isn't noted on the gear, but it's been tested (and makes sense) on the PTR.  The proc won't be reliable enough to try to time it every 2:00 for the double Felguard situation.  It might be a quality of life decision to go Supremacy.  It might even be a quality of life decision (easier, less crap to manage) as well as the same or even slightly better DPS.

Hey guys I'm wondering if the affliction opener will change in 5.4 if you lose the T15 2pc Bonus. Haunt's duration won't be extended by 4 secs during darksoul opener... should we still open with a Haunt+SB:SS wait for procs and reapply dots?

The "opener" won't change.  Your "opener" is Haunt + DoTs, then MG.  You define your opener by a unique set of abilities done before your regular rotation.  Once you do Haunt + DoTs, you revert to your normal rotation.  The fundamental rule of thumb for Haunt is keep it up during Dark Soul and with other trinket procs.  Once you Haunt + DoTs, you'll follow that rotational rule.  The only different from the beginning 20 second sequence is you'll require 3 Haunts during Dark Soul, up from 2.

Is there hope?

We agree that Destruction is a bit low in 5.4. We also recognize that, particularly after the Kil'Jaeden's Cunning changes, Chaos Bolt has become a "riskier" spell to cast. To both ends, we think a Chaos Bolt buff is in order. We're going to bring it up by 15% and see where that puts things.

Our general philosophy for Destruction in 5.4 is that casting Chaos Bolt can be tricky sometimes -- working around interrupts and LOS in PvP, or sneaking them in between periods of movement in PvE -- but when the cast goes off, it hurts. A lot. We do have to be careful not to push things TOO far, but we'll see how things go from here.

This change was applied via hotfix sometime yesterday, so it should already be live on the PTR if you'd like to get some testing in.

Edited by HauntedDFL

Meh.... it is not enought, the main problems at lock destro is the ember regen right now, increase the dmg of CB it's good, but, it's just a illusion, they need to change how immolate generate ticks and how conflagrate works

Is there hope?

We agree that Destruction is a bit low in 5.4. We also recognize that, particularly after the Kil'Jaeden's Cunning changes, Chaos Bolt has become a "riskier" spell to cast. To both ends, we think a Chaos Bolt buff is in order. We're going to bring it up by 15% and see where that puts things.

Our general philosophy for Destruction in 5.4 is that casting Chaos Bolt can be tricky sometimes -- working around interrupts and LOS in PvP, or sneaking them in between periods of movement in PvE -- but when the cast goes off, it hurts. A lot. We do have to be careful not to push things TOO far, but we'll see how things go from here.

This change was applied via hotfix sometime yesterday, so it should already be live on the PTR if you'd like to get some testing in.

I highlighted the part I find issue with.  When I pvp'd back in 5.0 and 5.1, yes, Chaos Bolt hurt.  Why?  It hit for 80-100k when people had 300-350k HP.  Since base resilience has gone up as well as the potency of PvP gear, now Chaos Bolt hits for 60-80k on people that have 450-500k HP. 

In PvE, I've had higher Soul Fires as Demonology than I've had Chaos Bolts as Destruction.  In 5.4, Haunt is hitting harder than Chaos Bolt.  Even with a 15% buff, Haunt would still be sexier considering with 25-30% Haste, the cast time is under 1.2 seconds.  Incinerate needs a 10-15% buff, Immolate needs an additional 5-10% buff, and Conflagrate needs a 5-10% buff.  It's the nuke spec and it doesn't nuke.  Buffing Destruction's overall DPS 10% would line itself up for being competitive with Demonology in 5.4.