FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mohang

840 vs 845 relic

I think this is depending on your crit-chance. If you got a high chance (45%+) the pyro relic is definitely better, but if you're forced to use fireball a lot it could be a viable choice to take the 845er relic.

In general it was itemlevel > trait and just think about the trait if, you got 2 relics with the same itemlevel, I believe.

Thank you for the reply my current crit chanc is 56% not sure what is factoring in critical mass, i also already have two other 845 pyro relics in the weapon i use pyromaniac and kindling. I decided to replace the 845 fireball relic with the 840 pyroblast one.

After looking over recount on multiple boss fights fireball was contributing about the same amount of damage as the devilsaur shock baton trinket around 8-10% of my total damage per fight were pyroblast is doing 40%+.

This could simply be because the boss fights last such a short time in 5 mans obviously, I will know for if i made the right choice if the small loss of intellect was worth the 2% pyroblast damage over a longer fight when the raid is released on tuesday 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Borgeus
      Hello all rogues in Azeroth. I'm a 915 assasination rogue. Can pull 1,5m burst dps and substain around 700-900k dps during longer fights. 
      Since my question is about relics I don't feel the use of armory and logs to answer my question. 
      My weapon is ilvl 920 and I feel it's falling behind with my raidpartners and I'm thinking of when to switch out what I'm using. Since I'm using two master assasin + boots my vendetta is on around 45 sec CD
      I have: 
      shadow: 905 toxic blade relic.
      Iron: 885 master assasin relic.
      Blood: 900 master assasin relic.

Should I focus more on ilvl with for example Iron-relic? 
      See you around and remember. If someone scary comes. Vanish, shadowstep, Mutilate 
    • By Sisco
      Hopefully an easy question. I have always just gone for the top trait relics but now i have a non top relic and need to understand the comparison chart. Does the Weapon iLvl column # the number that should be added to the +50 Item levels for example? is a say +51 item level with Jaws of Thunder the same value (60) as  a +60 item level Furious swipes  or do i add the Trait bonus so to speak to the ~900 item level? Thanks you for the clarification.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-mastery-hunter-pve-dps-artifact-talents-traits-relics 
    • By greenieSr
      Ok so let me start out by saying my weapon is lvl 885(fire artifact) and has the following relics equipped: 

Fires of Heaven 855 +10% Pyro (Fire)
      Raven's sight 865 +20% FS (Arcane)
      Fires of Heaven 845 +10% Pyro (Fire)
      (I know it doesnt add 10% each)

i have in my bag i have:

Seawitch's Foci 840 +12% Ignite (Arcane)
      Sizziling Fang 875 +12% Ignite (Fire)
      Soulforge Ember 835+12% Ignite (Fire)
      Molten Giant's Eye 860+3% Fire crit (Fire)
      Fires of Heaven 840 +10% Pyro (Fire)

Ok last time i took out an Ignite relic i lost 40-50k dps. I put in the 855 Fires of Heaven relic and just did not stack up even though it was a 10ilvl increase. So my question is should i go tripple Ignite? or maybe double ignite with the crit relic too. I care a lot more about mythic + dps more than raid so keep that in mind. it doesnt seem like the pyro one is very good compared to ignite. Also if anyone can offer an explanation as to why i lost so much dps by switching in the supposedly best relic (pyro) that would be great. My best guess is that i was on some kind of soft cap with mastery and that it did a lot more dps but idk

I think the best two options are running three ignite for insane cleave damage in mythic plus or, Sizziling Flame, Molten Giant, and Seawitch.
    • By NasharStormrage
      Here on Icy Vein's under the Arms Warrior DPS guide here is the recommended relic choice. I was under the impression that [Exploit the Weakness] was our top priority even if it meant 20-25iLvl difference. Since it would increase the proc chance by a factor of x2 with all three relics increasing Tacticians...
      Why does this guide on Icy Veins say otherwise? Is it because the information is out of date and hasn't been updated?

(Original Link: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/arms-warrior-pve-dps-artifact-talents-traits-relics)

Unfortunately this is not someting I can just run a Sim on because I don't currently have any [Exploit the Weakness] relics.
    • By Demonicka
      Which is better an 865 relic with Firestorm: http://www.wowdb.com/spells/191740-firestorm#related:improved-by or an 865 relic with Earthen Attunement: http://www.wowdb.com/spells/191598-earthen-attunement?artifactRank=1
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/uldaman/Demonicka/simple