NasharStormrage

Arms Warrior DPS Relic Choice

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

Here on Icy Vein's under the Arms Warrior DPS guide here is the recommended relic choice. I was under the impression that [Exploit the Weakness] was our top priority even if it meant 20-25iLvl difference. Since it would increase the proc chance by a factor of x2 with all three relics increasing Tacticians...

Why does this guide on Icy Veins say otherwise? Is it because the information is out of date and hasn't been updated?

(Original Link: http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/arms-warrior-pve-dps-artifact-talents-traits-relics)

WarriorArmsRelic.PNG

Unfortunately this is not someting I can just run a Sim on because I don't currently have any [Exploit the Weakness] relics.

Edited by NasharStormrage

Hey Nashar,

Not sure if anyone had gotten back to you on this, but I can hopefully shed some light. I followed the order IV had until I noticed a drop in my DPS. The original order was Exploit, then PS until they nerfed the % on Exploit. Still, I've noticed it wasn't proccing enough to do the extra damage. With that being the case, I needed to take the extra % wherever I could get it. 

I'm not sure that the relic order that you quoted is for the Focused Rage spec though, and that's the spec I go with. I run Exploit in my blood and shadow relic slots and Unending Rage in my iron slot because of Unending Rage. That really helps me stay on top of my rage.

Bottom line is if you feel that you're not proccing enough, go with Exploit. 

Good evening, Nashar.

The image you posted from the guide is, more or less, correct. As of the latest information, the top simming relics are for:

Keep in mind that this is assuming you have 3/3 in both DeathblowDeathblow and Unending RageUnending Rage. If you're not that far into the weapon with traits, you can always use the relic simming guide posted by Nyjl: Click me.

I hope this helps. If you should have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Zurek - I am talking about the Focused Rage rotation.

Sajakain - How is Precise Strikes the best option? It allows for more slams since you'll have more rage to spend, but isn't the whole point to get tacticians to proc? Wouldn't it be proccing less often because you're spending less rage on Mortal Strike? That seems counter productive to me. 

I really like to think that [Exploit the Weakness] x3 relics is the best option and that this part of the guide simply isn't up to date. And, since Relics are hard enough to come by I wouldn't be basing this off of my artifact progression.

2 hours ago, NasharStormrage said:

How is Precise Strikes the best option? It allows for more slams since you'll have more rage to spend, but isn't the whole point to get tacticians to proc? Wouldn't it be proccing less often because you're spending less rage on Mortal Strike?

Mortal StrikeMortal Strike has a base cost of 20 Rage. While we do have cost reduction spells such as DauntlessDauntless and the discussed trait of Precise StrikesPrecise Strikes, on spend abilities such as TacticianTactician doesn't calculate from the reduced resource cost; it calculates from the base cost.

Simply put, Tactician reads the base cost of 20 Rage when it decides to proc or not instead of the reduced cost of 7 rage. (7 Rage is assuming the reduced cost from Dauntless and 3/3 Precise Strikes).

================================

Edit:

I should also mention that, according to simulations, if you have Archavon's Heavy HandArchavon's Heavy Hand equipped then the priority does change to x3 Exploit the WeaknessExploit the Weakness relics.

If you have any question about a particular relic or which one will do better for your warrior, personally, feel free to use Nyjl's simming guide for relics: Click me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chumani
      Aka'magosh my raider friends! Chumani here from Corrupted Destiny guild (Horde) on Skywall/Drak'thul realms. We are currently recruiting for our core team for mythic raiding. We are 7/9 H ToS....  Consistant and Dependable members! (Who can handle cutting up and getting yelled at.... by a certain mage in our guild.... who cuts up too.... and won't admit it..... and puts down fake portals.... every week..... and people still take them.... to their death..... really......week..... after week.... to their death...... seriously)
      As always we are recruiting raiders and non raiders.
      *****GIRLS***** We have a large number of female gamers who do not have to worry about harrasment of any kind...we just will not tolerate this... and our group is like family. Come see for yourself!
      Tired of the ridiculous harassment from the opposite sex? You will be safe with us! Mature gamers who do not condone this behaviour!
      Our raid schedule is Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday 6:30pm to 9:00pm server time(pst)
      We use MUMBLE voice server, it is required and no exceptions!
      We currently have an "Alt" raid for alts and non-progression raiders on Mondays at the same time! MEGA amounts of fun there, alot of us use our mains to carry this raid and help gear these raiders up!
      Other guild events include: Herb Drives, Fishing Expo, Mog off! (Best transmog wins), Old Raids for Transmog gear & Mythic Plus runs. We do random guild events with prizes up to and including a FREE MONTH OF WOW! (Mog-Off is going on NOW!!)
      We have quite a bit of fun when we get together, as we always have over the years! Come join us and get corrupted (Disclaimer: Infections have been found to be the leading cause of corruption in many raiders) We've always been here and will continue to be here! Of course you will be required to sacrifice a goat or an alliance player once a week to the Horde gods..... You will also be required to laugh and have fun as well! We do have fun!
      So.......COME.......GET.......CORRUPTED!
      Chu@12466 - Deni#1743 
      ***Newest video highlighting some of our girls!****
      (We are just huge nerds who see ourselves as badass warriors!... ok!)
      ******We also have one of our members who has published some 'how to' videos for certain in game mounts!!*** Keep eye out for Barcat, one of our casual members and professional mount hoarder and his youtube channel for these vids! Will post one in comment below*******
      http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=247413
    • By Sajakain
      ► Introduction:
      <Hand of Fate> is a group of adults who enjoy raiding on a light schedule and still see content cleared. Details of our raid team and atmosphere can be found below. We're looking for like minded individuals to join us in Tomb of Sargeras!

► The Details:
      Here are some of the direct details you are probably looking for concerning our team:
      Raid Days: Tuesday and Wednesday Raid Time: 9:00 PM - 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST) Invites: 8:30 PM - 8:45 PM EST Current Progression: 10/10(H), 9/9(H)  
      ► What We're Looking For:
      Above all else, we're looking for the person that simply enjoys to raid. We have a couple of different ranks; one that permits the casual raider who can only show up once or twice a month and one that is made for the more dedicated - the "serious" raider, if you will. Regardless of rank, however, we expect you to enjoy raiding and have fun playing the game. More details on the differences between these ranks, and their expectations, can e found on our website.

► Mythic+ Dungeons:
      We are also recruiting folks that are interested in farming Mythic+ dungeons in addition to our raiding.

► Contact Information:
      Below you will find the information you need to get in contact with us should you have any questions or concerns. Additionally, you will find the link to our website so that you can read more about us.
      Thank you for taking the time to read this and we look forward to finding like-minded individuals to take on Legion with us!
      BattleTag Contacts:
      Sajakain (Guild Master): Sajakain#1683 Sanat (Guild Officer): KUEng#1553 Hikari (Guild Officer): Satonaka#1280
    • By Nobbykinz
      Autumn Mist is a raiding & social guild looking for players like you.
      http://www.autumn-mist.net

We are mostly searching to increase our DPS raid team so we can advance onto Mythic.
      We are a very active guild with events on most days:

Wed: TOS Heroic
      Thurs: TOS Heroic  
      Fri: Mythic + night  
      Sat: Day of Alcohol
      Sun: TOS Mythic  
      Mon: TOS Normal  
      Tues: Transmog Tuesday  

All starting at 8pm Server time other then the whole day events and posted in the calender.
      Feel free to apply via the website, or add me on bnet if you want a chat, Nobbykinz#2994 all questions welcome.
    • By Graghzug
      Sorry if this has been asked before, but search didn't give me any results.  With the advent of Argus, I have been getting more gear with higher item levels than my normal/heroic T20 gear.  The basic question is, as an arms warrior when do I swap out my gear and lose the 4 piece set bonus for higher item level gear?  Thanks in advance for any help.
    • By Babblet
      Location: – Horde – US Connected Realms: The Venture Co - Maelstrom - Lightninghoof

About us:
      Converge has been around since WoW Vanilla and has been raiding together since Molten Core; we used to be a four day raiding guild but over the years we had to adjust our playtime and priorities and are now a two day raiding guild. We had to cut our total hours spent playing WoW but we still remain just as competitive and result oriented.

Mandatory reading.
      Basics: be ilvl 890+; 52+ points in MS Artifact Weapon.
      Raiding 101: be able to execute/avoid fight mechanics; communicate in English and use a microphone.
      We raid twice a week, a total of 6 hours; attendance of 90% is mandatory. We require you to function at 100% from the second the raid starts all the way to its end; if you cannot commit to a raiding schedule and be online on time this is not a guild for you.

Raid Times: 8:00 PM – 11:00 AM Eastern Time – Monday/Tuesday.

Recruitment: Ranged DPS /  Melee DPS / Heals

Legion Progression:
      EN 7/7 Heroic
      ToV 3/3 Heroic
      NH 10/10 Heroic
      ToS 8/9 Heroic

Contacts:  
      BTag: Shig#1825

*Do not send PMs, get in touch in-game; do not contact unless you are ready to transfer if accepted for a permanent raid spot.