FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Griptard

Switching to UH

Are there any detailed guides on rotation, stat priority for UH? Currently all my gear is haste>mast>crit and as far as soul reaper, I've got no idea for rotation. Any help is appreciated!

@demonardvark I'm having trouble with my opener, especially when managing festering wounds. Could you give me a general opener on a boss fight? apply disease, stack 3x FW, pop soul reaper > cast 3x scourge strokes > then back and forth with wounds and scourge strike, dumping RP with DC?

1 hour ago, Griptard said:

@demonardvark I'm having trouble with my opener, especially when managing festering wounds. Could you give me a general opener on a boss fight? apply disease, stack 3x FW, pop soul reaper > cast 3x scourge strokes > then back and forth with wounds and scourge strike, dumping RP with DC?

outbreak

dark transformation

festering strike till 8 festering wounds

(may need to death coil a bit for rune recharge)

soul reaper

apocalypse

death coil spam

that's more or less the basic opener :)

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Griptard said:

Stupid question, hope you got a good laugh... "Griptard, read what your abilities do".

not at all, happy to answer all questions, was going to say apocalypse bursts all your wounds but it would appear you found out. its a very convenient ability and it has great synergy with soul reaper

On 9/19/2016 at 2:04 AM, Griptard said:

Stupid question, hope you got a good laugh... "Griptard, read what your abilities do".

We never laugh at users, only at each other. I laugh at demon all day, it's great. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Griptard said:

Is anyone familiar with the frost machine gun opening rotation? 

pull boss, run face on keyboard, profit.

realistically

howling blast

remorseless winter

pillar of frost

glacial advance

spam frostscythe till empty runes

spam frost strike to dump rp

• Like 1

How about the hotfixes coming out?! Blizzard is trying to make Frost viable it looks like from a damage perspective. Has me a bit excited. The above helped my dps on UH tremendously, consistently over 200k now. Appreciate the support along the way. 

4 hours ago, Griptard said:

How about the hotfixes coming out?! Blizzard is trying to make Frost viable it looks like from a damage perspective. Has me a bit excited. The above helped my dps on UH tremendously, consistently over 200k now. Appreciate the support along the way. 

Frost will likely find a niche home in mythic + progression and will do decent in lower end raiding, but unholy will still out perform it and be the go to spec for more end game progression raiding. 

On 9/25/2016 at 2:23 AM, Blainie said:

my life in wow then

well i mean, its not quite what it sounds. We must bare in mind what players realistically do. So everyone wants to know whats best whats best whats best, and people judge that based off mythic raiders and what they are doing. However, mythic is done by so few people. Statistically less than 5% of people even step foot in a mythic raid let alone complete it. So, everything underneath of it say perhaps for late heroic progression is considered lower end content, the reality here though that's where 95% of the player base is. So, in a reality 9 times out of 10, you will be fine doing frost. So for normal right now my one guild is only asking 120k as a min, even without the buffs tomorrow that is quite doable for frost. Post buffs it will be very doable for frost. So, for most of the player base you will be able to do just fine with frost, sure there might be some elitest jerks who kick you but otherwise you can pull the numbers. Its just unholy can pull bigger ones and in higher end content raw burst dps is all that matters. 

so perhaps i can rephrase and say

for all of normal and most of heroic raiding frost will pull acceptable numbers, it won't be a huge dps stick like unholy but you can get the job done. versus, in mythic + the toolkit of frost will be so much more valuable than just the raw dps which will be quite good because its snap cleave. however, for pure dps check fights and things unholy will fair much better. 

• Like 1