FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mosmorgan

How to properly use Simcraft

Hi Blainie!

Could you show me the settings you use in simulationcraft to get the correct statweights?

Seems like i get wrong numbers somehow like we talked about in the comments :)

Edited by Mosmorgan
  • Like 1

Hey, thanks for making the post!

I imported your character directly from the armory. I'm going to resim you now to show you. This is your profile currently:

Spoiler

warrior="Mossmorgan_Active"

origin="https://eu.api.battle.net/wow/character/sylvanas/Mossmorgan/advanced"

thumbnail="http://eu.battle.net/static-render/eu/sylvanas/74/125267274-avatar.jpg"

level=110

race=human

role=attack

position=back

talents=http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#Za!0220200

artifact=36:0:0:0:0:1136:1:1137:1:1139:1:1141:1:1142:1:1145:3:1146:3:1148:3:1149:3:1150:3:1356:1

spec=arms

# This default action priority list is automatically created based on your character.

# It is a attempt to provide you with a action list that is both simple and practicable,

# while resulting in a meaningful and good simulation. It may not result in the absolutely highest possible dps.

# Feel free to edit, adapt and improve it to your own needs.

# SimulationCraft is always looking for updates and improvements to the default action lists.

# Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only.

actions.precombat=flask,type=countless_armies

actions.precombat+=/food,type=nightborne_delicacy_platter

actions.precombat+=/augmentation,type=defiled

# Snapshot raid buffed stats before combat begins and pre-potting is done.

actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats

actions.precombat+=/potion,name=deadly_grace

# Executed every time the actor is available.

actions=charge

actions+=/auto_attack

actions+=/potion,name=deadly_grace,if=(target.health.pct<20&buff.battle_cry.up)|target.time_to_die<=26

actions+=/blood_fury,if=buff.battle_cry.up|target.time_to_die<=16

actions+=/berserking,if=buff.battle_cry.up|target.time_to_die<=11

actions+=/arcane_torrent,if=buff.battle_cry_deadly_calm.down&rage.deficit>40

actions+=/battle_cry,if=(buff.bloodlust.up|time>=1)&!gcd.remains&(buff.shattered_defenses.up|(cooldown.colossus_smash.remains&cooldown.warbreaker.remains))|target.time_to_die<=10

actions+=/avatar,if=(buff.bloodlust.up|time>=1)

actions+=/hamstring,if=buff.battle_cry_deadly_calm.remains>cooldown.hamstring.remains

actions+=/heroic_leap,if=debuff.colossus_smash.up

actions+=/rend,if=remains<gcd

# The tl;dr of this line is to spam focused rage inside battle cry, the added nonsense is to help modeling the difficulty of timing focused rage immediately after mortal strike.

# In game, if focused rage is used the same instant as mortal strike, rage will be deducted for focused rage, the buff is immediately consumed, but it does not buff the damage of mortal strike.

actions+=/focused_rage,if=buff.battle_cry_deadly_calm.remains>cooldown.focused_rage.remains&(buff.focused_rage.stack<3|!cooldown.mortal_strike.up)&((!buff.focused_rage.react&prev_gcd.mortal_strike)|!prev_gcd.mortal_strike)

actions+=/colossus_smash,if=debuff.colossus_smash.down

actions+=/warbreaker,if=debuff.colossus_smash.down

actions+=/ravager

actions+=/overpower,if=buff.overpower.react

actions+=/run_action_list,name=cleave,if=spell_targets.whirlwind>=2&talent.sweeping_strikes.enabled

actions+=/run_action_list,name=aoe,if=spell_targets.whirlwind>=2&!talent.sweeping_strikes.enabled

actions+=/run_action_list,name=execute,if=target.health.pct<=20

actions+=/run_action_list,name=single,if=target.health.pct>20

actions.aoe=mortal_strike

actions.aoe+=/execute,if=buff.stone_heart.react

actions.aoe+=/colossus_smash,if=buff.shattered_defenses.down&buff.precise_strikes.down

actions.aoe+=/warbreaker,if=buff.shattered_defenses.down

actions.aoe+=/whirlwind,if=talent.fervor_of_battle.enabled&(debuff.colossus_smash.up|rage.deficit<50)&(!talent.focused_rage.enabled|buff.battle_cry_deadly_calm.up|buff.cleave.up)

actions.aoe+=/rend,if=remains<=duration*0.3

actions.aoe+=/bladestorm

actions.aoe+=/cleave

actions.aoe+=/whirlwind,if=rage>=60

actions.aoe+=/shockwave

actions.aoe+=/storm_bolt

actions.cleave=mortal_strike

actions.cleave+=/execute,if=buff.stone_heart.react

actions.cleave+=/colossus_smash,if=buff.shattered_defenses.down&buff.precise_strikes.down

actions.cleave+=/warbreaker,if=buff.shattered_defenses.down

actions.cleave+=/focused_rage,if=buff.shattered_defenses.down

actions.cleave+=/whirlwind,if=talent.fervor_of_battle.enabled&(debuff.colossus_smash.up|rage.deficit<50)&(!talent.focused_rage.enabled|buff.battle_cry_deadly_calm.up|buff.cleave.up)

actions.cleave+=/rend,if=remains<=duration*0.3

actions.cleave+=/bladestorm

actions.cleave+=/cleave

actions.cleave+=/whirlwind,if=rage>=100|buff.focused_rage.stack=3

actions.cleave+=/shockwave

actions.cleave+=/storm_bolt

actions.execute=mortal_strike,if=buff.battle_cry.up&buff.focused_rage.stack=3

actions.execute+=/execute,if=buff.battle_cry_deadly_calm.up

actions.execute+=/colossus_smash,if=buff.shattered_defenses.down

actions.execute+=/warbreaker,if=buff.shattered_defenses.down&rage<=30

actions.execute+=/execute,if=buff.shattered_defenses.up&rage>22|buff.shattered_defenses.down

# actions.single+=/heroic_charge,if=rage.deficit>=40&(!cooldown.heroic_leap.remains|swing.mh.remains>1.2)

#Remove the # above to run out of melee and charge back in for rage.

actions.execute+=/bladestorm,interrupt=1,if=raid_event.adds.in>90|!raid_event.adds.exists|spell_targets.bladestorm_mh>desired_targets

actions.single=mortal_strike,if=buff.battle_cry.up&buff.focused_rage.stack>=1&buff.battle_cry.remains<gcd

actions.single+=/colossus_smash,if=buff.shattered_defenses.down

actions.single+=/warbreaker,if=buff.shattered_defenses.down&cooldown.mortal_strike.remains<gcd

actions.single+=/focused_rage,if=((!buff.focused_rage.react&prev_gcd.mortal_strike)|!prev_gcd.mortal_strike)&buff.focused_rage.stack<3&(buff.shattered_defenses.up|cooldown.colossus_smash.remains)

actions.single+=/mortal_strike

actions.single+=/execute,if=buff.stone_heart.react

actions.single+=/slam,if=buff.battle_cry_deadly_calm.up|buff.focused_rage.stack=3|rage.deficit<=30

actions.single+=/execute,if=equipped.archavons_heavy_hand

actions.single+=/slam,if=equipped.archavons_heavy_hand

actions.single+=/focused_rage,if=equipped.archavons_heavy_hand

# actions.single+=/heroic_charge,if=rage.deficit>=40&(!cooldown.heroic_leap.remains|swing.mh.remains>1.2)

#Remove the # above to run out of melee and charge back in for rage.

actions.single+=/bladestorm,interrupt=1,if=raid_event.adds.in>90|!raid_event.adds.exists|spell_targets.bladestorm_mh>desired_targets

head=battlelords_greathelm,id=139684,bonus_id=3385/3384

neck=chain_of_the_green_flight,id=137311,bonus_id=3410/1808/1497/1813,gems=150mastery

shoulders=coralplate_pauldrons,id=134228,bonus_id=3432/1512/3337

back=mainsail_cloak,id=134406,bonus_id=1727/1497/3336

chest=battlelords_chestplate,id=139681,bonus_id=3386/3384

shirt=common_gray_shirt,id=3428

wrists=voidtouched_wristplates,id=133632,bonus_id=3410/1497/1813

hands=arcane_defenders_gauntlets,id=134268,bonus_id=1727/1507/3336

waist=arcane_defenders_belt,id=134269,bonus_id=3432/1497/1674

legs=battlelords_legplates,id=139685,bonus_id=3386/3384

feet=curserunner_soulcrushers,id=134504,bonus_id=1727/1808/1492/1813,gems=150mastery

finger1=valkyr_ascension_signet,id=133679,bonus_id=1727/42/1492/1813

finger2=loop_of_eightfold_eyes,id=134527,bonus_id=1727/1492/1813

trinket1=memento_of_angerboda,id=133644,bonus_id=3412/1502/1813

trinket2=ironrune_charm,id=134190,bonus_id=3397/605/1497/3336

main_hand=stromkar_the_warbreaker,id=128910,bonus_id=750,gem_id=141263/137363/137549/0,relic_id=3397:1512:3337/1727:1497:3336/1727:1502:3336/0

# Gear Summary

# gear_ilvl=844.53

# gear_strength=12562

# gear_stamina=18420

# gear_crit_rating=3568

# gear_haste_rating=1807

# gear_mastery_rating=9734

# gear_versatility_rating=1875

# gear_speed_rating=303

# gear_armor=3981

# set_bonus=tier19oh_2pc=1

Leave settings as default in the globals, except for using 25,000 iterations. I just prefer using more, since my computer can comfortably handle it anyway.

Allow all buffs, since we want this in a raid environment, as well as Bloodlust. Allow all debuffs too.

Turn on scaling. Scale it over DPS and allow all character stats.

Enable plotting too and enable your main secondaries + main stat. For you, I'm going to run Strength, Mastery and Haste. 

Hit simulate and you should get the following:

F3xKkDF.png

GiByIGE.png

Hello and thank you for fast answers! :)

But the problem remains here also since haste still comes out with a higher score than versatillity? Wich is should not? Or is it that thing about haste being good but just not worth going after the cap?

Edited by Mosmorgan

6 minutes ago, Mosmorgan said:

Hello and thank you for fast answers! :)

But the problem remains here also since haste still comes out with a higher score than versatillity? Wich is should not? Or is it that thing about haste being good but just not worth going after the cap?

Did you by any chance get some upgrades since I last simmed you? This could be the reason why the priority has now shifted slightly. Vers/Haste are pretty much equal right now for you. 

If you look at this graph below, it shows how drastically the priority between the two can change depending on where you are on the stat level.

k9oFIW0.png

As you said, the breakpoints factor in. The problem is how much of the stat you require to hit them. This might change with next week's update, but we'll see.

Yea i sure did get some new items! Ah okey, i understand. Thank you so much for the help. I'll be simming my character after every new upgrade and go with the string from my own character then. 

thanks again!

5 minutes ago, Mosmorgan said:

Yea i sure did get some new items! Ah okey, i understand. Thank you so much for the help. I'll be simming my character after every new upgrade and go with the string from my own character then. 

thanks again!

I think that's the best, yeah. It's annoying, but it works!

Hey again! 

One last question. Simmed my character today and got this result:

Mastery: 11.18    

Haste: 10.19    

Str: 9.73    

AP: 9.33    

Vers: 8.36    

Crit: 7.42

The sim you linked from my character said: "Active damage per second".

For me it just says: "Damage per second". What is the difference?

21 hours ago, Mosmorgan said:

The sim you linked from my character said: "Active damage per second".

For me it just says: "Damage per second". What is the difference?

That's the profile name, Mossmorgan_Active in my SimC. Just resimmed your character, got this:

ZwRFD2Z.png

Can you take a screenshot of each "options" page for me? I want to see if something is set wrong, because there must be a setting somewhere that is influencing this.

12 minutes ago, Kilazar said:

This is very useful information!

Can you go over how to simulate for Protection stat weights?

Sample prot warrior (mine) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Keralyne/simple

This is slightly different, since you can't just take damage stat weights.

When using simcraft, you need to go into your options and change the target type to a TMI Standard Boss, an index used to calculate tank incoming damage spikes.

Your characters stats are weighted as follows:

iNLPHkr.png

There are a few things to consider. Stamina is NOT that bad, it is only listed that badly because this is only considering what reduces your damage taken per second. Stamina simply allows you to take more damage, rather than stopping the amount of damage coming in.

It seems your weights currently line up perfectly with our recommendation of Haste > Vers > Mastery > Crit for the control and smoothed damage intake build.

1 minute ago, Blainie said:

This is slightly different, since you can't just take damage stat weights.

When using simcraft, you need to go into your options and change the target type to a TMI Standard Boss, an index used to calculate tank incoming damage spikes.

Your characters stats are weighted as follows:

iNLPHkr.png

There are a few things to consider. Stamina is NOT that bad, it is only listed that badly because this is only considering what reduces your damage taken per second. Stamina simply allows you to take more damage, rather than stopping the amount of damage coming in.

It seems your weights currently line up perfectly with our recommendation of Haste > Vers > Mastery > Crit for the control and smoothed damage intake build.

Oh it's just one simple change in the app?! I thought it was going to be more complicated than that after trying to decipher the help files tank section heh. Thanks!

If I'm not going for the smooth and want the total mitigation stat priority, how do I tell Simcraft that?

1 minute ago, Kilazar said:

Oh it's just one simple change in the app?! I thought it was going to be more complicated than that after trying to decipher the help files tank section heh. Thanks!

If I'm not going for the smooth and want the total mitigation stat priority, how do I tell Simcraft that?

I'm not sure that you can do so. If you can, someone please feel free to correct me.

Simcraft deals with damage taken on a per-second perspective, which means it treats the best scenario to be reducing damage as much as possible on a PS scale. 

I'm not sure how to change it from that, sorry! :(

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

That's the profile name, Mossmorgan_Active in my SimC. Just resimmed your character, got this:

ZwRFD2Z.png

Can you take a screenshot of each "options" page for me? I want to see if something is set wrong, because there must be a setting somewhere that is influencing this.

Hello! 

Seems there is something really wrong im doing =( I am using the addon "Simc" to get my character imported into the program, can that be the problem?

Here you have all my "options" pages

Skärmbild (1).png

Skärmbild (3).png

Skärmbild (4).png

Skärmbild (5).png

Skärmbild (6).png

Edited by Mosmorgan

2 minutes ago, Mosmorgan said:

Hello! 

Seems there is something really wrong im doing =(

Here you have all my "options" page

Are you certain that you have the most recent version of SimC?

I can't find anything wrong with the settings :s

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

Are you certain that you have the most recent version of SimC?

I can't find anything wrong with the settings :s

Hey!

Yea, i just deleted it and reinstalled it to be sure. Now haste is even higher up than strenght... This is so wierd :S

Dont know what to do =(

1 minute ago, Mosmorgan said:

Hey!

Yea, i just deleted it and reinstalled it to be sure. Now haste is even higher up than strenght... This is so wierd :S

Dont know what to do =(

Sim the default profile for Arms for me and use it over 10k iterations. I want to see what you get with a default one.

11 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Sim the default profile for Arms for me and use it over 10k iterations. I want to see what you get with a default one.

When i view the defaults there is a bunch of different ones like: T18H, T18M etc. Wich one to use?

Do I change the scaling option "Scale Over" to TMI as well as the target option in the global settings for tank simming?

*edit* Yeah I can't get the same match as you. I tried leaving the scale over setting as dps, while changing the target to TMI Standard boss. And got way different results than you did with my same gear. Then I tried changing the scale over setting to TMI, and still get way different scales than you. So you have something thicked that I don't

Capture.PNG

Here are my settings

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Capture.PNGCapture.PNGCapture.PNG

Edited by Kilazar

On 9/26/2016 at 5:14 PM, Mosmorgan said:

This is when i picked T18N... Super wierd ?

I am very, very confused. With the new update, there are two profiles available. T19P and T19M.

I have simmed both and in both cases, the same priority has come up but with different weights.

For T19P, I got:

Mastery > Vers ~= Haste > Crit

For T19M, I got:

Mastery > Vers > Haste > Crit

I am truly puzzled. I need to see if I can look into this more and find the cause, but I'm honestly lost right now.

Edit: I just re-read your post. We are in T19, not T18.

On 9/27/2016 at 1:13 PM, Kilazar said:

Yeah I can't get the same match as you. 

OK, a few things to change.

1. Set player skill to elite, not good. There is no point changing this when simming tank things, honestly. 
  2. Set the TMI Boss to T19H.
  3. Remove all of the unnecessary stats that you are seeing in your scaling. Keep it to the main stats, you could even remove Strength and Stamina, instead just keeping Crit, Mastery, Haste and Vers.
  4. Turn on Toggle all Debuffs.

Show me a screenshot of what you get when simming this for your stat weights, as well as what your gear is on the armoury at that time. I'll then sim and we can see any discrepancies. 

On 9/29/2016 at 8:14 AM, Blainie said:

OK, a few things to change.

1. Set player skill to elite, not good. There is no point changing this when simming tank things, honestly. 
  2. Set the TMI Boss to T19H.
  3. Remove all of the unnecessary stats that you are seeing in your scaling. Keep it to the main stats, you could even remove Strength and Stamina, instead just keeping Crit, Mastery, Haste and Vers.
  4. Turn on Toggle all Debuffs.

Show me a screenshot of what you get when simming this for your stat weights, as well as what your gear is on the armoury at that time. I'll then sim and we can see any discrepancies. 

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this. I had lasik last thursday and could not really use PC till now. I updated to 703-03 as well.

Here is my SIMC code. For some reason armory is not updating with my gear, so figured we could just both use the same SIMC export.

warrior="Keralyne"
level=110
race=blood_elf
region=us
server=wyrmrest_accord
role=tank
professions=herbalism=557/enchanting=69
talents=1212333
spec=protection
artifact=11:0:0:0:0:91:1:92:1:93:1:95:2:99:3:100:3:101:3:102:3:103:1:104:1:1358:1

head=,id=139684,bonus_id=3385/3384
neck=,id=134491,bonus_id=1727/1492/1813
shoulder=,id=134272,bonus_id=3397/43/1507/3337
back=,id=134406,bonus_id=1726/1507/3337
chest=,id=137527,bonus_id=3410/1502/3336
wrist=,id=134142,bonus_id=3432/1497/1674
hands=,id=134224,bonus_id=3397/1502/3336
waist=,id=134181,bonus_id=3432/1497/1674
legs=,id=139059,bonus_id=3394/1497/3337
feet=,id=139682,bonus_id=3385/3384
finger1=,id=134524,bonus_id=1727/41/1507/3337
finger2=,id=134487,enchant_id=5426,bonus_id=1727/1497/3336
trinket1=,id=141482,bonus_id=41/1472
trinket2=,id=139102,bonus_id=3432/607/1502/3336
main_hand=,id=128288,relic_id=0/0,gem_id=0/0/0/0
off_hand=,id=128289,bonus_id=752,relic_id=1826:1472:3338/1726:1482:3339/3432:1507:3336,gem_id=136778/136718/141261/0

And here is the stat weights it gave me. 

Capture.PNG

On 5-10-2016 at 5:57 PM, Kilazar said:

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this. I had lasik last thursday and could not really use PC till now. I updated to 703-03 as well.

Here is my SIMC code. For some reason armory is not updating with my gear, so figured we could just both use the same SIMC export.

warrior="Keralyne"
level=110
race=blood_elf
region=us
server=wyrmrest_accord
role=tank
professions=herbalism=557/enchanting=69
talents=1212333
spec=protection
artifact=11:0:0:0:0:91:1:92:1:93:1:95:2:99:3:100:3:101:3:102:3:103:1:104:1:1358:1

head=,id=139684,bonus_id=3385/3384
neck=,id=134491,bonus_id=1727/1492/1813
shoulder=,id=134272,bonus_id=3397/43/1507/3337
back=,id=134406,bonus_id=1726/1507/3337
chest=,id=137527,bonus_id=3410/1502/3336
wrist=,id=134142,bonus_id=3432/1497/1674
hands=,id=134224,bonus_id=3397/1502/3336
waist=,id=134181,bonus_id=3432/1497/1674
legs=,id=139059,bonus_id=3394/1497/3337
feet=,id=139682,bonus_id=3385/3384
finger1=,id=134524,bonus_id=1727/41/1507/3337
finger2=,id=134487,enchant_id=5426,bonus_id=1727/1497/3336
trinket1=,id=141482,bonus_id=41/1472
trinket2=,id=139102,bonus_id=3432/607/1502/3336
main_hand=,id=128288,relic_id=0/0,gem_id=0/0/0/0
off_hand=,id=128289,bonus_id=752,relic_id=1826:1472:3338/1726:1482:3339/3432:1507:3336,gem_id=136778/136718/141261/0

And here is the stat weights it gave me. 

Capture.PNG

Honestly i think that protection warriors can't use simcraft.

since we get negative stats back for no apparent reason.

I have the same issue atm.

but im not 100% sure i use simcraft correctly, so it might be just my mistakes.

5 hours ago, Wickedwar said:

Honestly i think that protection warriors can't use simcraft.

since we get negative stats back for no apparent reason.

I have the same issue atm.

but im not 100% sure i use simcraft correctly, so it might be just my mistakes.

That's what I also get, so I made a thread about it asking (and because I'm new to it) what the correct settings are for prot warrior, and I was not sure what to do with those negative stats.

Thread link

Edited by Debreker
grammer

Got a bit of an issue here guys, this is just for my alt as you can probably make out by the numbers. Bit of background, I used simc a lot in WoD and never had any issues. I have selected all of the options as mentioned in the second post on the thread. Yet when simulating my warrior I'm getting what is shown in the attached picture.
stat wirghts.png

I'm not the cleverest, nor am I stupid. Every fibre of my being is telling me that this is wrong and mastery should be first... as mentioned all the options are selected as mentioned in post 2 and the version is up to date... Could anyone shed me some light? cheers.

Edit: Critical information I missed, arms warrior.

Edited by ksprice1990