Shoortey

MM: How is barrage after nerf?

10 posts in this topic

Hello! Woundering if barrage will still be the number 1 talent to go for on mm hunter after the big barrage nerf (20% damage reduce)

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/5987-Patch-7-0-3-Class-Tuning-Hotfixes-September-23-Tanks-in-PvP-CM-Interaction

It appears that Barrage is nerfed heavily. 

(5 targets, before nerf)

ddkxweE.jpg

(5 targets, after nerf)

cTehYz7.jpg

Volley does more sustained AOE damage on stacked targets, but it's an unlikely scenario, so Barrage will still be better when you need AOE burst or to cleave spread out targets.

(1 target, before nerf)

9BgirbV.jpg

(1 target, after nerf)

c6At8CQ.jpg

AMoC now does more purely single target damage, and you can get even more out of it by fishing for those cooldown resets. It's also an instant, costs less focus and has a longer cooldown, so easier to manage.

Basically blizzard is again forcing us into a bad situation of having to change talents before each boss, only now it costs a ludicrous amount of gold, unless you have a friendly warlock.

Edited by Iridar

Why is everyone the sky is falling? First a blanket aoe should not be part of a single target cooldown, sorry that just my belief. Maybe it should have just been 10% or teh @0% with a slight buff to something else. Second i will be keeping barage for several fights just for blanket aoe misdirects.

Ursoc and Nyth maybe MOC.  As for switching specs? Get used to it and quit crying. I feel that anyone crying about 15k difference, probably doesn't even launch a binding shot in a raid or mythic+ to help trash and adds.

Needed to be nerfed though, should never have been first priority on single target.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Metztli said:

So we are fucked ? I can't believe Blizzard is doing this to us I really don't want to switch to BM or SV or another class at all.

You will have to adjust talents on some of the progression fights instead of just using Barrage all the time. That's the only consequence. 

38 minutes ago, Iridar said:

You will have to adjust talents on some of the progression fights instead of just using Barrage all the time. That's the only consequence. 

This.  

It's not fair to get upset when Blizz brings three talents so closely in line that there isn't a clear winner in every situation.  Choices, am I right?  And, you know, since they ARE so close, you might consider sticking with the one you enjoy the most.

2 hours ago, Aukatos said:

This.  

It's not fair to get upset when Blizz brings three talents so closely in line that there isn't a clear winner in every situation.  Choices, am I right?  And, you know, since they ARE so close, you might consider sticking with the one you enjoy the most.

Uh, what? There is a clear winner, it's just different for every fight. 

Pure single target or priority adds - AMoC.

Sustained stacked AOE - Volley.

Burst or spread out AOE - Barrage.

Though in case of pure single target patchwerk fight it might be worth switching to SV, which does about ~10% higher single target DPS.

Edited by Iridar

16 hours ago, Iridar said:

Uh, what? There is a clear winner, it's just different for every fight. 

Pure single target or priority adds - AMoC.

Sustained stacked AOE - Volley.

Burst or spread out AOE - Barrage.

Though in case of pure single target patchwerk fight it might be worth switching to SV, which does about ~10% higher single target DPS.

This is all correct, sorry for not being clear.

I mean there is not a single talent choice that will outperform the others ACROSS all fights.  Instead of switching to the best theorteical DPS talent for that individual fight, you could stick with the one you enjoy the most since they're so close in DPS.

It's not even that huge a deal. The order most raids are going is:

Nethendra> Ursoc - No adds so Murder of crows

Then the feild> Dragons> Tree> Spider Roc> Cenarius> Xavius all add fights. 

I spend 10k+ a night raiding > 1 clear mind for 300G isn't going to break the bank. 

No veteran Hunter here, but i agree with the last posts above, basically i'm doing this:

Pure ST raid/M/M+ bosses: AMoC

M/M+ trash pulls only : Volley (as i do not like the thrill of mass pulling risk all the time)

Raid fights with any adds/raid thrash/questing and basically all the rest: Barrage

Frankly speaking i do not like much AMoC or Volley because i find Barrage super fun to use,

but quality of life for me and those i'm playing with is worth more than the visual boldness of the spell itself ;)

Only "limit" to this is moneywise, as self buffing and Tomes are quite expensive atm

Edited by Alben

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tobhi
      Hello fellow hunters!
      I have more or less played hunter exclusively since Ulduar, and I've always done pretty decent, doing respectable DPS, using my utility to it's fullest and generally been a good raider. In Legion however, I felt as if that changed, and nothing ever "clicked" - I feel like I've done poorly the entire expansion so far, so much that I even quit for a while.
      Well, now my pretty casual guild has started progressing in mythic, and even though we've managed the three first cakewalk bosses, I want to do better at the harder ones, so I'm reaching out to you guys for help. To be honest, I have no idea where to start to better myself. I really suck at handling an/or interpreting logs, but I can tell I don't do really well from the rankings... mostly gray numbers. Also, my live DPS is pretty much 200k lower than my simmed (using Raidbots quicksim feature).
      Below, I will link the logs from our progress run in mythic last night, some wipes, but two kills (Demonic Inquisition and Harjatan). Hopefully you can gleam something I'm doing wrong from them - if not I can probably get some logs from our raid tomorrow. I'll also post a link to my armory, if that helps. Raidbots doesn't seem to function properly at the moment, the connection to armory fails all the time which means I can't post any sims. I will try and edit this post with some sims later on, if possible. :P
      Logs from last night:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/H1tfXPCLrvmw2x4n

My armory:
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/silvermoon/tobhi

I don't expect you guys to do wonders, but any help is appreciated!

Tobhi of Silvermoon-EU

1st edit:

Also, forgot to mention that I guess I'm willing to swap to BM if needed, but I really hate pets with a passion since the Deathwing fights, and having my pet swimming between the platforms, preventing me from using Kill Command...
    • By cruizerdog
      Hey, so I've recently decided to main a BM hunter for the rest of legion and was just curious if there was some helpful tips out there (I've been reading up on the guides/forum posts but trying to see if I'm doing ok).

this is me. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/nagrand/greenmidget

sorry, I haven't done this before so I don't have any data to link or know how to use stuff like Warcraft logs or sims. I've also haven't done many runs of tombs yet so don't have any tier pieces.

looking at the icy veins guides I've talented for dire frenzy but didn't realise how much mastery I ended up with. Have I gone too crazy with mastery, should I be adjusting my stat prio better? Thinking I should probably gem for more haste. Most of my enchants/ gems I'm using are just ones I had the highest rank for and cheapest to make so my necklace is probably enchanted wrong.

i probably specced for mostly single target and think I've been doing fairly poorly for AoE damage compared to other people around my ilvl. Although I know to use multi-shot to refresh beast cleave I probably spam multi-shot more than the 4 secs needed, don't really use dire frenzy effectively, use titan's thunder basically whenever it's off cooldown, don't really know when I'm meant to be using aspect of the wild or whether I should be using beastial wrath in AoE fights. Should I be using murder of crows in AoE fights as well or is it just a waste of focus?

For single target I think I'm doing alright so far (only recently got the legendary boots so not sure how much the kill command cooldown should affect my rotation). Still don't really know when the best time is to be using aspect of the wild but I was basically doing the same as the icy veins guide. My opening sequence is usually something like Murder of crows, beastial wrath, titans thunder, then just kill command, cobra shot, kill command cobra shot etc.

Looking at icy veins guide I think I'm meant to be doing murder of the crows, beastial wrath, dire frenzy, titans thunder, then another dire frenzy straight away, aspect of the wild then normal rotation. After that it's just kill command/cobra shot I guess. While beastiality wrath is in effect should I only be spamming kill command/cobra shot for the quick cooldowns or should I still be using dire frenzy during this time? I use titan thunder when it's off cooldown and dire frenzy whenever it has 2 stacks. I usually just used murder of the crows when it was off cooldown but the guide seems to indicate that I should wait the extra 30 seconds and time it with my next bestial wrath. As for aspect of the wild I usually forget I even have this move and don't use it effectively, do I wait and combined it with bestial wrath? Wait and use it when I'm low on focus? Or use it as soon as it's off cooldown?

Thanks for listening to my rambling and hopefully thanks for your reply.

P.S. It's probably more of a personally choice or situational choice I guess but should I be talenting myself more for AoE for mythics. Example, one with the pack, volley, aspect of the beast?

• By Lemmi

MM: "Haha, thank god they changed nothing. Just be quiet, just be quiet!"
      Survival: "We need a buff. I will team up with my other survival homies and... damn it, is there no one else playing survival?"
      BM: "What the f*ck is goin' on?"

What do you think about the patchnotes?
      Will there be a compensation with the new artifact system?
      What did the Porcupines do wrong?

Greetings
      Lemmi

PS: Found an interesting blue post Netherlight Crucible
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 920~ ilvl
      - 52+ traits.
      - 3/9 in ToS.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made..
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Death Knight: Blood.
      Druid: Guardian and Balance.
      Hunter: MM/BM.
      Monk: Brewmaster.
      Rogue: Open.
      Warlock: Open.
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By Skiddz17
      Hey everyone, I thought I would post up my deck. Its nothing crazy new, just a revamped secrets deck for the new expansion and is working fairly well for me. 

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/hunter#8:2;99:2;163:2;210:1;344:2;363:2;447:1;483:2;553:2;578:2;42021:1;42050:2;42051:2;58724:1;61819:1;61827:2;62837:1;62854:2;